Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Birthday Suits

• Start Topic

My first time to watch in a couple weeks because Sam.

Was so pleased he was in the bottom and I didn't have to watch him win gloat. I wasn't ever worried about him leaving because I knew he wouldn't. I was kind of surprised they kept Valerie but when Sam SHOULD have been the one to go, it's only fair that she gets "another chance" as well.

Wow, the other contestants do not like Sam at all. It's glaring. I think his true personality is showing, just as it did on that horrible other show, and he's being kept for drama more than anything. But I also won't be surprised to see him win the whole thing. Just to quell the haters. Which means everyone who watches the show.

I'm still hoping for a Kini win, but I know it's a long shot.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 8

I don't care how petty it was, the room reading the absolute mess out of Sam is going to be the highlight of the season, especially Alexander referencing Sam flirting with the judges. Is that good sportsmanship? Not in the least. Does it make for great viewing? You bet your ass it does.

And you just know that some, if not all, the frustration from the designers are stemming from the fact that it's pretty obvious that a fix is in in terms of Sam lasting long on this show as some sort of way to validate his shit season of Under the Gunn.

• Love 21

WTF was that?  That has to be the worst thing I've ever seen on PR.  Naked people?  Why?????

OMG I cannot stand Sam anymore.  He's not a nice person at all.  I can't believe they kept both of them.  What does it take to get rid of him??

I don't think Kini is going to get any wins this season and that makes me so sad.

All that being said..what the hell is going on with Emily's hair?

• Love 13

OMG, amen to wtf with Emily's hair. It bugs the dog shit out of me. The blue colour is bad enough, but then we have the devil horns or whatever. It doesn't look fun or flattering. I'm glad she can mostly talk again, though. I'm also happy she won if the other choice was Mitchell.

Look, I'm loving Mitchell going at Sam, but MItchell just should not even BE on a show called All Stars. I'm not sure how he came up with that nice coat. Maybe he should be a menswear designer instead of women's.

• Love 13

Why do I watch this show? Sam should have left. Also, WTF was with everyone acting as if the naturalists never ever wear clothes... Clothes being 'out of their comfort zone.' Blerg.

Edited by OhSayNow
  • Love 14

I really do not understand this season or these judges.  So lame to not eliminate (twice now).  Neither were good but Sam's was awful.  It was petty to punch Sam but I still enjoyed it.  The reunion show should be fun.  

• Love 9

Why are nudists pretty much guaranteed to be people you would never want to see naked?

I'm surprised they could get a successful designer like Naeem Khan to appear on this craptastic show. Especially getting second billing to a "fashion blogger."

Emily' heavy eyeshadow makes her look like she has advanced pinkeye.

Mitchell should consider designing menswear. Valerie and Sam should have both gone. Horrendous.

• Love 12

OMG, amen to wtf with Emily's hair. It bugs the dog shit out of me. The blue colour is bad enough, but then we have the devil horns or whatever. It doesn't look fun or flattering. 

I think she gets it done by Wolverine's stylist.  

• Love 19

Compared to the previous menswear challenges I thought the men's outfits turned out alright.

I actually thought Asha and Alex's guys looked kind of hot. I'm not sure what to think of Ken's white sweater and skirt look though. It's pretty kooky but his guy looked strangely cool. I'm on heavy pain killers due to surgery so my perception my be way off.

I didn't love any of the female looks tonight. Kini's was okay but it looked like something he already designed in his final collection on his season.

I almost liked Emily's but the blue color looked somewhat dull and the design wasn't that interesting.

This season is turning out exactly as I was expecting, not much fabulous fashion and a whole lot of petty drama.

• Love 5

My first time to watch in a couple weeks because Sam.

Was so pleased he was in the bottom and I didn't have to watch him win gloat. I wasn't ever worried about him leaving because I knew he wouldn't. I was kind of surprised they kept Valerie but when Sam SHOULD have been the one to go, it's only fair that she gets "another chance" as well.

Wow, the other contestants do not like Sam at all. It's glaring. I think his true personality is showing, just as it did on that horrible other show, and he's being kept for drama more than anything. But I also won't be surprised to see him win the whole thing. Just to quell the haters. Which means everyone who watches the show.

I'm still hoping for a Kini win, but I know it's a long shot.

Yes, the other contestants dislike him.  He is a Project Runway blogger and reviewer who pulls no punches in his views of the designs of contestants. I don't know whether he has dissed anyone else on the show but I belive he had a few choice things to say about Mitchell.  Personally,I enjoy his reviews because he really knows fashion.

Admittedly, there are a ton of candidates, but Valerie's outfit has to at least be considered for worst thing ever on Project Runway. Good God that thing was foul. Not just the color palette or the blobby shape, but the entire concept. Sam's wasn't good, but Valerie should have gone home.

I liked Emily's--it was a nice change from her usual design-for-depression looks. But Kini should have won. I loved everything about his outfit. It seems like these judges just aren't into him, unfortunately. Which makes me value their opinions even less.

• Love 7

I did not understand that runway concept/gimmick AT ALL. I was glad they made the models wear foundation garments because, ICK.

I wish Valerie's model had flipped up the hood at the end of the runway.  I think it would not have looked so bulky.  Sam should have gone home for that ill-made, drab outfit.  In fact, I think I wore that outfit in high school -- in 1983.  I missed the Sam drama at the end (channel surfing to see my faves get eliminated on Top Chef and American Idol).  Is it worth re-watching?

• Love 3

Did one of the designers yell the f-bomb in Mood after Valerie yelled the 5 minute warning?

Didn't Kini make that same coat - maybe that same entire outfit during his season?

Another win from an "all-star" who never won a single challenge in her original season. Sheesh.

My DVR cut out. What was the reason for keeping both of them?

Naeem Khan's commentary made no sense to me. What was that about the butterfly? The only thing I understood was the one thing about the button being too low.

Instead of a top four, they should have had a bottom three that included Ken. His model looked sorta like Caitlyn Jenner. I think it was the hair.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3

I do wish Kini would move on from denim. Or least not use it so much of the time. He did have that dress in the wind challenge that wasn't denim, though. I still like him and hope he wins the whole thing.

I'm kind of surprised at myself that I'm not hating Asha on this show. And the other "designers" seem to like her, so that's kind of telling. Maybe UTG was just a bad situation for everyone involved. What am I saying? OF COURSE it was.

The PRAS judges just leave me totally cold. I never get a sense that either Georgina or Isaac really know what they're talking about, fashion-wise. I like some of Isaac's quips, though. Alyssa has been looking better on the show the past couple of times I've seen her, but I still don't like her as the host and I'm not an Alyssa hater. Her affected speech bugs me.

Saw the promo for Season 15 of Original Incarnation tonight, so it will be back. I'm excited and I have NO IDEA why that is.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 8

I wish Valerie's model had flipped up the hood at the end of the runway.  I think it would not have looked so bulky. 

Agree.  I thought she looked like Quasimodo schlumping down the runway.  

I got a kick out of Dom's model (Lloyd?).  I thought he was handsome and seemed to have a lot of fun with it.  

• Love 8

Valerie's was ugly, but at least she attempted to design something. Once Sam realized his big fabric wasn't going to work, he gave up. He didn't even bother fitting the damn circle skirt on the lady. If Mitchell had made that outfit they would have sent him packing; heck if anyone else had made it they would be gone. But they must keep their little boo boy. I think he's insufferable, I didn't like him on UTG and he isn't making a good impression here either. I'm going to be really disappointed if he gets Top Looks next week because of Dom's help and he doesn't acknowledge that he had help (A la Kini designing his entire outfit previously). I don't understand the designers who just stand there and let someone else take credit for their work. 

• Love 14

Ugh. I think I'm hate watching at this point...

I think Sam is a weak designer and his flirting is just not cute in any way. He irritates the hell out of me, and I just know we'll be saddled with him until the finale. I don't think I'll be able to last that long. He is smug when he's winning, and petulant when he isn't...he reminds me of a preschooler.

I tuned into this season only for Kini, Fade, and Alexander. Fade is gone (undeservedly, in my opinion), Alexander gets no love (even when he does deserve it, which admittedly, he doesn't always), and although I adore Kini's personality, I have to admit he is a little TOO set in a certain style, and it's one which the judges don't seem to respond very well to. If he doesn't break out of that, it doesn't matter how fast or technically perfect he is, he still won't win. Sadly.

Is it insane that I found myself rooting for Mitchell tonight, especially when Sam was struggling with his John Deere plaid coat and that ugly, circa-1980 skirt and sweater?? And I don't even like Mitchell!

• Love 13

Okay so Alyssa walked out the top of the first episode.  Wearing what looked like an attempt to School Marm her way into the Guiness Book of World Records for biggest deliberate camel toe.  And claims that being All stars there is no immunity. 

Well I guess we know why.  Who needs immunity if they are going into six challenges and two saves already?  Maybe this will be the multi-winner season.  It can be both Sam and Mitchell and they can claw each other on the final runway to see who gets the prize.  I'm getting to the point I wish the show would just stop pretending and let us in on what the season's exact agenda is contestant wise and let us decide whether to even watch. 

At this point I'm thinking it is all scripted and they have figured out the order in which someone is going.  And they end up scrambling when it doesn't go that way in the actual results that hit the runway.  It doesn't explain Franco though unless Dmitri was the loose wrench in the works and gave Mitchell a second vote to be eliminated and then it came out to arguments that they had already aired and shot down thinking Franco would get a unanimous decision.  I don't know. 

Again five episodes in, two non-eliminations and I still want to know why Alyssa wore that outfit that first day that looked like she was trying to shoplift a fire hose.

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 2

Seriously?????? Okay, so two episodes now with no elimination.... which even more goes to show that everything is preordained on this show. No elimination on the first challenge, because you can't send Franco home on the first ep and Mitchell needs to stay for drama... this week was tough because Sam clearly had the simplest and worst look but they aren't ready to boot him yet, so make up some crap about keeping both designers. (While Valerie's look wasn't great, it did look like her construction was well done and the fit was good... Sam's look had neither of those things in addition to the ugly).

Such a cop out for the judges... I'm sorry, this is a contest, this is how it works... worst look goes home!!

The menswear looks were all surprisingly pretty good, though I'm surprised one of them didn't get to be the winner. I didn't mind the front of the blue outfit, but that cape was not awesome, it just looked weird and hung weird...I will always be a Kini fan, but I would have liked to see something besides denim.

I did think Ken's look was something interesting and different... a kilt should be totally comfortable, especially for a naturist.

• Love 4

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Sorry, had to.

I would love to see the designers confront the judges about the blatant unfairness of making up the elimination rules as they go along.   Obviously there's a simmering dissatisfaction in the ranks.    They don't like Sam, they know Sam already got a reprieve because Kini saved him, and they're sick of his smug assholery.   Can you imagine how infuriating it must have been knowing there was at least a 50/50 chance that Sam was going to get his comeuppance, only to see him stroll through the door safe because the judges bent the rules for him?

Edited by millennium
  • Love 14

WTF, just wtf. Sam should have been gone!! This season is such a joke.

And how the heck did Ken avoid the bottom? That was a monstrosity.

Kini is a good seamstress, but a totally basic designer and he does the same tired things.

• Love 2

What was the point of the people being naturists & having them walk the runway naked? Besides the fact the everyone could giggle because there were naked people.

Except for Ken’s, which I absolutely hated, I liked everyone else’s outfit. Sam’s outfit was pretty meh (but better than his original coat), & Valarie’s was a bit too much (should have gone with solid color plain pants), but they were still OK IMO.

I thought Emily was a good winner, & I knew they weren’t going to eliminate anyone when they said both Valarie & Sam made their naturists feel confident.

• Love 4

In terms of making their clients feel happy/confident, I think Valerie actually succeeded moreso than Sam. Sam's naturist seemed to be describing a typical Deadhead hippie outfit, which made sense for the group's "vibe". By going bulky sweater and mid-calf skirt he missed the mark and I think she was just being polite about it. And then they kept him on even with forgetting once again to wear pants to the runway!

Emily's outfit was pretty nice, but it is almost always the fact that the winner of the "normal" model challenge has the client with the closest to a runway model build, and that was true in this case. Emily's hair/look, BTW, reminds me of Eddie Munster's. If they ever have a reboot....

The good-looking guy who was Asha's client I wanted to know the story of. Partially because I am shallow, but also because attractive younger people aren't usually drawn to the naturist thing. Especially athletes. There are reasons for clothing/restraints.

There is a difference between androgyny and cross-dressing. Ken's design was the latter IMO.

• Love 7

So judging takes into account prior challenges otherwise Sam would have gone home. I bet they were pissed they had a blind runway since if they knew it was Sam's design they would have scored it higher to keep him out of the bottom and would have put Ken in the bottom but I suspect they though Sam made Ken's look.

They should have had Valerie and Sam do a mini challenge/duel to see who goes home...nah, Sam clearly had the worst outfit---nothing designer about it---poorly made walmart clothes and not even modern much less fashion forward or even contemporary. He even screwed up a basic circle skirt and they didn't even ask him what he did with all his time considering Kini had 4 pieces and even Mitchell did more and he always has time management issues.

I think this all reflects poorly on the judges. If anyone else made Sam's look they would have been eliminated.

• Love 7

I don't blame the designers for being irritated about Sam and Valerie being saved this week. Sam's outfit looked like something one could find at a department store and Valerie's outfit was just bulky and poorly fitted. Sam is letting his wins get to his head, even though they weren't earned and he has no talent. His win on the team challenge was fraudulent since Kini made his outfit and Sam took all the credit. He had nerve to say "Kini is a good sewer" as a passive-aggressive way to say Kini isn't a good designer, even though his sham win was due all to Kini.

The rant in the break room probably stemmed more from the fact that Sam complained when Mitchell and another designer were saved in an earlier episode, only to be saved himself. It's obvious that the producers saved Sam because he had the worst outfit by far and he makes good TV due to his rivalry with Kini over the sham win and Mitchell due to the slanderous blog posting.

One did have to love how much of a hypocrite Sam was being at the end. He and Stella told Mitchell to grow up and get thicker skin  when he confronted Sam about the blog post, but he had to leave the room for a good cry when Alexander called him out for flirting with the judges. The irony is the blog post is way worse since that was pure slander, whereas Sam always flirts with the judges by winking at them and crap.

• Love 12

What I enjoyed was Sam going full-metal Miss Scarlett with a mouth full of turnip and swearing that this slander (which he smirked about when Isaac said it on the runway) has given him the strength moving forward to... what? Be a catty asshole about the other contestants while demanding that they pay careful attention to his feefees? Coast with the second-rate garments which seem to be the best he's capable of because he's this season's Blake and the editors find pointing the camera at his caricature drama easier than working? Bat his lashes at the judges?

In other words, a little of the realness he's so fond of from his competition retroactively justifies Sam doing exactly what Sam's been doing since he showed up on Under the Gunn to begin with, only now it's a redemption arc. I really wonder how the edit monkeys on this show summon up the energy to cash their paychecks sometimes.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 12

I really do not understand this season or these judges.  So lame to not eliminate (twice now).  Neither were good but Sam's was awful.  It was petty to punch Sam but I still enjoyed it.  The reunion show should be fun.

This show (and it's cousins, the other PR shows) have officially jumped the shark, lost any shred of credibility, proved that their vaunted  competitions are a load of BS. I keep wondering what production meeting came down with the decision to throw out any real design concerns and turn this into the Real Housewives of the Design Studio.

They continue on this  course either because ratings are good enough to justify them or they simply don't give a crap about any kind of integrity. Yes, this is a snark site but the complaints are valid...the designers are second rate, the challenges are tired and uninteresting and the judging makes no sense.

Compared to the first few seasons of PR, this is both an embarrassment and, frankly, sad.

• Love 10

It irks me the way the designers ooh and ahh over Alyssa's outfit when she walks onto the runway, because Alyssa usually looks like ten kinds of a fool.

She walks like she's still 100 months pregnant too, for some reason.

The naked models...WHY???? What is the difference between dressing a nudist and dressing a non-nudist? Because the clothes need to be "comfortable"? Well then Valerie should have won, because she made a big fluffy robe. So if it wasn't about comfort, then it must have been about gratuitous nudity. They wouldn't do that, would they?? LOL.

• Love 13

one thing that bothered me (besides the fact that Sam got a pass when he really should have been sent home for that outfit that I wore back in the early 80's) was the fact that this was winter wear and how many of the "coats had shorter sleeves.  I hate 3/4 sleeves with a passion (I have long arms and its always a challenge to find sleeves that long enough) and no way would I want to wear a coat in the winter with shorter sleeves.  I'm hoping that the models just pushed them up because it was warm.  The same for the shorter pants.

I still can't get over that hideous plaid fabric that Sam originally picked out at Mood.  As a previous poster said, it had to be a Halloween fabric.  the look on his model's face when she saw it was priceless. 

• Love 5

I would love to see the designers confront the judges about the blatant unfairness of making up the elimination rules as they go along.   Obviously there's a simmering dissatisfaction in the ranks.    They don't like Sam, they know Sam already got a reprieve because Kini saved him, and they're sick of his smug assholery.   Can you imagine how infuriating it must have been knowing there was at least a 50/50 chance that Sam was going to get his comeuppance, only to see him stroll through the door safe because the judges bent the rules for him?

There are strict federal government laws that govern how television game shows operate.  Project Runway is considered a television game show.  So the judges cannot change the rules as they go along.  They can, however, eliminate anyone they want and the rule obviously have a clause that states that in a given week no one can be eliminated.

It's obvious that this season of All-Stars is not about showcasing the best talent, it's about including the most drama-prone and bitchy designers, especially with the men. Hence we have Alexander, Ken, Sam, and Mitchell, who have one thing in common and it's not their design skill.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Valerie and Sam's outfits both sucked, but at least Valerie's had some design element to it (ugly unflattering design, but design nonetheless). Sam did a basic circle skirt and then made an ill fitting fug sweater that was basically a tube of fabric with two arms added to it. Hilarious that when Sam was walking around the work room begging for scraps of material, everyone's answer was basically, "Nope!" My guess is that was based more on their dislike of him than their lack of fabric (only because in the past we have seen designers give their leftover material to a contestant who scrapped their first design).

This is only the fifth episode but this is the second time we've had a non-elimination. Unless they do two double eliminations, that means they are just dragging out this damn season even longer than necessary.

I was surprised that Emily used any color so yay? Yes, that's how low the bar has been set this season. On a similar note, I was shocked that Mitchell managed to create something that didn't look like an elementary school art project. I mean, seriously, that is now my weekly expectation for him.

It irks me the way the designers ooh and ahh over Alyssa's outfit when she walks onto the runway, because Alyssa usually looks like ten kinds of a fool.

Especially since this week's dress with all the bullseyes made her look like a walking billboard for Target.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7

Agree with everything said about Sam and his non-design - FGS, it was a cowl neck sweater and an unevenly hemmed skirt.  Actually, though, I'm kind of glad he ditched that plaid fabric, because I bet the judges would have oohed and ahhed at such a "creative, fun" choice.  Sam may be young, but he's old enough to not act like a baby, which is exactly what he did when he was accused of flirting with the judges.  Valerie's outfit was simply butt-ugly, but at least she designed something, unlike Sam.  

I liked Emily's outfit, but it certainly wasn't spectacular or original.  And just like Sam is too old to act like an infant, Emily (don't know her age) is too old to be sporting that, um, whatever the hell look that is supposed to be.  Blue horned hair and orangey-pink eye shadow, WTF?  Insanely awful and decidedly NOT becoming - looks like a special-effects makeup design, and not in a good way.  Alyssa needs to get out of those 6 inch heels she wears - she looks like a toddler who's just learning to walk-stagger forward.  To my shock, I wanted Mitchell to win!  

• Love 3

In terms of making their clients feel happy/confident, I think Valerie actually succeeded moreso than Sam. Sam's naturist seemed to be describing a typical Deadhead hippie outfit, which made sense for the group's "vibe". By going bulky sweater and mid-calf skirt he missed the mark and I think she was just being polite about it. And then they kept him on even with forgetting once again to wear pants to the runway!

Emily's outfit was pretty nice, but it is almost always the fact that the winner of the "normal" model challenge has the client with the closest to a runway model build, and that was true in this case. Emily's hair/look, BTW, reminds me of Eddie Munster's. If they ever have a reboot....

The good-looking guy who was Asha's client I wanted to know the story of. Partially because I am shallow, but also because attractive younger people aren't usually drawn to the naturist thing. Especially athletes. There are reasons for clothing/restraints.

There is a difference between androgyny and cross-dressing. Ken's design was the latter IMO.

Ken lucked out with a guy who was okay with an androgynous look - I think he was completely freaked that he would have to design an outfit for a man, and took the easy way out by designing that bit of ridiculousness.  And, yes, as the poster up-thread said, the model was totally channeling Caitlyn Jenner.

• Love 2

She walks like she's still 100 months pregnant too, for some reason.

The naked models...WHY???? What is the difference between dressing a nudist and dressing a non-nudist? Because the clothes need to be "comfortable"? Well then Valerie should have won, because she made a big fluffy robe. So if it wasn't about comfort, then it must have been about gratuitous nudity. They wouldn't do that, would they?? LOL.

The other thing I thought was that Valerie's coat/robe thing was the only thing on the runway that actually spoke to the challenge of "wiinter wear", and would keep her model warm.  At least Emily stated that her girl was from California, so her outfit was "California winter"...the other female model's outfits wouldn't work well in most places that actually have cold winter temperatures.  

I was surprised that the judges did not call the designers out for not really following the challenge.

I remember seeing in a clip that Alyssa said something like "That wouldn't work for a New York winter", but don't remember hearing it during the actual runway or judging.  Did I miss it?  Who's design did she that about?

• Love 1

one thing that bothered me (besides the fact that Sam got a pass when he really should have been sent home for that outfit that I wore back in the early 80's) was the fact that this was winter wear and how many of the "coats had shorter sleeves.  I hate 3/4 sleeves with a passion (I have long arms and its always a challenge to find sleeves that long enough) and no way would I want to wear a coat in the winter with shorter sleeves.  I'm hoping that the models just pushed them up because it was warm.  The same for the shorter pants.

I still can't get over that hideous plaid fabric that Sam originally picked out at Mood.  As a previous poster said, it had to be a Halloween fabric.  the look on his model's face when she saw it was priceless.

Winter clothes with 3/4 sleeves are the most irritating thing ever! I don't get it either.

So, will there be some sort of mass slaughter elimination at some point? How can they keep not eliminating people? I was really, irrationally angry this time even though I was sure it would be Valerie eliminated.

• Love 1

I remember seeing in a clip that Alyssa said something like "That wouldn't work for a New York winter", but don't remember hearing it during the actual runway or judging. Did I miss it? Who's design did she that about?

I believe Zanna said that in the workroom (though I don't remember to whom she said it).

• Love 1

I remember seeing in a clip that Alyssa said something like "That wouldn't work for a New York winter", but don't remember hearing it during the actual runway or judging. Did I miss it? Who's design did she that about?

I believe Zanna said that in the workroom (though I don't remember to whom she said it).

That made me laugh, because I grew up in NYC, and my husband (Detroit and points north) swears we don't have real winters, and that none of us own clothes for a real winter.

• Love 3

My DVR cut out. What was the reason for keeping both of them?

My guess is because Sam would have gone and they've probably promised him the win.  I want to punch him.

But if you look at the crap they are designing in comparison, it's like comparing Walmart to Barney's.

As for MItchell complaining about living in Florida and them not having winter, he should have designed something that is worn in Florida during the winter months.  If the judges said anything, he could have responded "This is what we wear in Florida during the winter and the challenge didn't specify winter in a certain geographic area."

Edited by cdp73
  • Love 2
There are strict federal government laws that govern how television game shows operate.

Project Runway is not a game show. Game shows have questions with only one answer or a range of acceptable answers. Fashion is subjective; different people have different opinions. I think the show plans to be flexible to allow either no one to be sent home or two people, depending on the task.  I actually agree that if both bottom outfits are bad to either save both or send both home.

Real people challenges are always bad, even in the Bravo days. You are dealing with people who are not models and probably don't feel all that comfortable on the runway, people who are specific in what they like which is often opposite of fashion, and designers who only design for stick thin models. I have no idea why they thought nudists should be a part of this.

I did like Emily's outfit and I think if the designers really did something for the winters we have in Chicago, the judges wouldn't like that either. The two male outfits were good which is a rarity in any season of PR and one of them should have won. Also, while I didn't like Ken's kilt outfit, a person who is a nudist is also a person who probably wants something offbeat like that. 

Conversation in the producers' room:

Uh-oh, Sam's tanking. No immunity this season; what do we do?

Extra trip to Mood?

No time. Can we justify eliminating Valerie?

Hmmm (takes another look at Sam's garment)... no.

Okay, just keep them both.

When Sam left the room to "go to the bathroom" someone said "That's not fair" or some such in response to Alexander's remark about flirting with the judges, and someone else replied that yes, it was. I thought it might be Asha and Emily; did anybody parse that better than I did? Sam's a lot better at dishing it out than he is at taking it, isn't he?

• Love 3

/small voice/ I liked Valerie's coat. I would have worn it back in the day. It was a little bulky, but I liked the style, the hood, and the gray/citron contrast. Wear it to a football game or sitting out at a bonfire, or strolling through the park on a fall day with boots and skinny jeans. I thought it was cute.

• Love 12

I really effing hate Sam. OK, to the extent that I can hate someone I've never met. I'm not going to sit here and wish him illness or death or something that dramatic, but he can't disappear off my screen fast enough. I don't mind Dom, Asha, and Ken this season, and I found them really distasteful in their seasons. But it seems like they're coming in, trying to tone down the attitude, and just crank out decent to good fashion. I wish Sam had figured out how to do the same.

/small voice/ I liked Valerie's coat. I would have worn it back in the day. It was a little bulky, but I liked the style, the hood, and the gray/citron contrast. Wear it to a football game or sitting out at a bonfire, or strolling through the park on a fall day with boots and skinny jeans. I thought it was cute.

I did, too! I didn't think it was all that bad. I'm not saying she should have been in the top, but she shouldn't have been in danger of going home, just safe. But I guess, who else would they have put in the bottom? I didn't love Ken's and I usually like his aesthetic. Hm, tough call. But I just didn't see it the way the judges saw it.

Edited by fivestone
  • Love 2