Type keyword(s) to search

S22: Geraldo Rivera: Dancing Around The Truth

• Start Topic

The best move Geraldo made tonight was to play the age card, and he didn't do that very well, either, actually.

Maybe his partner should just push him around in a wheelchair next week if sympathy is the only way he is going to get votes.  Because lord knows his dancing isn't going to do it.

God, that was pathetic.  

• Love 4

My impression pre-dance was that he was a pretty vital and active 70-something.  But on the dance floor, he moved like his body was made of stone.  He looked so much older than he really is.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 2

I used to think Geraldo was OK, but a little too full of himself.  Then I watched him on Celebrity Apprentice, where he was an egotistical, self-centered ass, who wouldn't listen to anyone else's ideas, shouted people down, and was disrespectful to others on his team.   The other celebrities HATED working with him.   He tried to make every task about himself, and clearly thought he was the most clever man on the planet.

I look forward to him being humiliated on DWTS. 

• Love 6

As bad as Geraldo is in general, he was even worse Monday night. I don't know what Geraldo was doing, but it damn sure wasn't dancing. He can't be eliminated fast enough.  Edyta deserves much better.

• Love 3

I used to think Geraldo was OK, but a little too full of himself.  Then I watched him on Celebrity Apprentice, where he was an egotistical, self-centered ass, who wouldn't listen to anyone else's ideas, shouted people down, and was disrespectful to others on his team.   The other celebrities HATED working with him.   He tried to make every task about himself, and clearly thought he was the most clever man on the planet.

I look forward to him being humiliated on DWTS. 

I felt the exact same way about Geraldo pre- Celeb Apprentice ... he does stupid stuff and he is obviously his own biggest fan.  But there was something about how he was willing to take some pretty unpopular stands that always made me like him.  And he seemed able to laugh at himself, which was a big plus when you have a penchant for making a fool of yourself. 

By the time Celebrity Apprentice was over, I wanted to choke the hell out of him.  

I really hope he lasts a little while because they haven't had anyone on the show who I dislike this much and is such a terrible dancer since Kate Gosselin appeared on the show.  There is a lot of snark potential there.  I'm not sure Geraldo will bring the LOLs the way Kate did (if only because she could not conceal her anger at being criticized, which was a riot, while Geraldo is more easy going and won't give us the joy of watching him get upset) but I am still looking forward to a couple of good wisecracks from the judges (shopping cart!). 

I don't feel bad about it in the least, because Geraldo KNOWS he sucks and he is clearly only on this show for some exposure and a check.  So, let him clomp around like Frankenstein's monster for a few weeks, I say.   He'll get his endless need for attention met temporarily, make some dollars, and I get to mock and snark to my heart's content.  It's a win-win for everyone.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1

After that debacle on the Season Premiere, I don't even want to hear Geraldo's name, let alone see him again. Geraldo's being both outdanced and outclassed by a man 1/3rd his age who's totally deaf would be sad if it wasn't so fucking hilarious.

• Love 3

I still giggle every time I think of the little "hourglass" move he made with his hands and the stupid look he had on his face.  How the hell did that move make it into the final performance?

It makes me think Edyta has completely given up already and is just trying to bring this to an end quickly.  

• Love 1

I still giggle every time I think of the little "hourglass" move he made with his hands and the stupid look he had on his face.  How the hell did that move make it into the final performance?

It makes me think Edyta has completely given up already and is just trying to bring this to an end quickly.  

yeah, and the looks he was giving to the audience/camera, like "Isn't she hot?  Lucky me, I get to dance with her".  Like he was trying to be suave and  sexy, but came across more as a dirty old man, leering at a beautiful woman.  

• Love 5

I appreciated when he said if he hadn't been eliminated this week, he'd have asked for a recount in the voting. At least he had a sense of humor about the elimination. But, like everybody, I'm sorry Edyta's return didn't last very long.

• Love 1

Geraldo has never been afraid to do embarrassing stunts - but this was hard to watch. I thought he would have danced a bit better, he looked so stiff.

I don't think he did himself any favors with this gig - made me realize just how old he is and I wonder about his health...does he have back problems or ?

Geraldo has never been afraid to do embarrassing stunts - but this was hard to watch. I thought he would have danced a bit better, he looked so stiff.

I don't think he did himself any favors with this gig - made me realize just how old he is and I wonder about his health...does he have back problems or ?

He said this week he had back surgery (I forget how long ago) which left him unable to feel in his right foot.