Type keyword(s) to search

The Hounds(-tooth) of the Baskervilles: Sartorial Choices in Elementary

In the thread for the first ep of this current season, I posted this:

(I 100% covet her short-sleeved white shirt/black cravatty - wide black trousers outfit.)

I thought it might be nice to have a place to talk about the clothing of Elementary.  (Let's face it, it's mostly Joan's clothing we'll be discussing.)

I'm also covetous of her coat from the most recent ep (S04.E15: Up To Heaven And Down To Hell), and going by the comments in that thread, so are many others.

If anyone can think of a better thread title, have at it!!!

Edited by fastiller

It drives my brother crazy that Sherlock buttons the top button of his shirts without a tie.

IIRC, some of us discussed this on TWoP.  On "Monk" Adrian Monk wore his shirts the same way.  Maybe it is TV-speak for OCD or "trying to stay in control."

• Love 1

It drives my brother crazy that Sherlock buttons the top button of his shirts without a tie.

I love it.  It was my preferred style of dressing in college - my Dad's or older brothers' borrowed button down shirts, buttoned all the way to the top.  Worn with shorts 99% of the time (Florida) or worn with a Mister Roger's sweater (also borrowed from Dad's closet) the 3 days of the year it was a bit nippy.

For whatever reason, it is a look I loved on guys too, but seldom saw.

I love it.  It was my preferred style of dressing in college - my Dad's or older brothers' borrowed button down shirts, buttoned all the way to the top.  Worn with shorts 99% of the time (Florida) or worn with a Mister Roger's sweater (also borrowed from Dad's closet) the 3 days of the year it was a bit nippy.

For whatever reason, it is a look I loved on guys too, but seldom saw.

I love it too.  I wear my shirts that way mostly because I like how it makes the collar look.  Though it might be some of the OCD-like qualities in my case as well.