Type keyword(s) to search

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt In The Media

It's gonna be a quick turnaround on these six episodes as well...per Titus Burgess's Instagram, they just had their first table read a couple weeks ago, and as of this past week they were still casting roles for the first two episodes (I didn't look at the casting calls specifically as I wanted to remain unspoiled).

I wonder if this has something to do with Tina's writing style...I've always thought that writing for a show where the whole season drops at once wasn't particularly suited to her, as she is insanely on top of the pop culture zeitgeist and loves to shove as many current references into her writing as possible before they become dated. In all likelihood it's probably a marketing ploy on Netflix's part but that thought did pop into my head as a possibility.

• Love 3

My guess is that the Mean Girls musical (premiered at the National Theatre in D.C. last fall, Broadway this April)  is what caused a production delay with UKS. With Veep/JLD completely out of contention this year, it is going to be the best shot for Kemper (and several other perennial contenders for Lead Comic Actress), even with making just the minimum required episodes by deadline.

• Love 1

I didn't know the season was going to be split in half like this until I was on the final moments of episode 6.  What a ripoff!  Netflix shows are for BINGEING.  When a new season's episodes drop, they ALL drop.  That's the rules!  What's next?  Viewers have to wait a year for ONE new episode of their favorite show?  It feels good to crab about it at least.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yea I don’t think a split season should be allowed it’s bs. I would’ve rather they waited to drop all of them then just having 6 at a time.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 2

I found the show a fairly uneven watch but thought it pretty cool that Kimmy's book is going to be published.

The real-life edition of the book will be written by New York Times bestselling author Sarah Mlynowski (the Whatever After and Magic in Manhattan series). 

Let’s hope — like in the show — the Floridian theme park is to follow!

The Legends of Greemulax hits shelves April 2019.