Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Bomb Voyage

The team scrambles to crack a murder case with explosive consequences. Meanwhile, Angela resists Ron's offer to take her on a romantic getaway.

Is it too much to ask that Angela falls in love with Paris, and doesn't come back to Boston?

I like that they're sticking with a COTW along with the ongoing Jane story line - it works well for me.  Not every case will be solved in the time slot alloted for the show!

I hope Korsak stays for the end of the series.  

• Love 4

I liked most of the crime of the week, though I thought they spent too much time with Korsak with his foot on the bomb.

But regarding the Jane being hacked part, I don't think Jane should have yelled at the prison guard the way she did. Aren't cops and prison guards on the same side? And how behind the times is nina's computer, that she didn't know the ex academy classmate of Jane was released 3 (?) days before? And Nina didn't know she even WAS an ex academy classmate of Jane's.

So COTW good. Ongoing story not so good.

• Love 2

No replies yet? I thought it was ok. As per usual, I immediately knew who the killer was.

Oh, good.  Then you can explain to me who it was and why the did it.  Somehow I missed all of that and looked up to see Jane yelling at some prison warden.

I liked most of the crime of the week, though I thought they spent too much time with Korsak with his foot on the bomb.

But regarding the Jane being hacked part, I don't think Jane should have yelled at the prison guard the way she did. 

Jane was not a great co-worker this week. She gave the bomb squad all kinds of shit, tried to bully a guard into getting fired, and had to have Korsak drag her off a suspect.

Maybe there's a reason an ex-classmate of hers turned evil? :-)

More seriously, I guess this is supposed to show how stressed out she is?

I was a little curious as to how that limpet thingie was supposed to work. Too bad they only had the budget for an offscreen explosion.

I think Korsak should have clued in the bomb squad a lot sooner. I'm not sure what they could have done differently, but I would think they'd like to know the full situation.

• Love 2

Rizzles rumors: Is Nina part of the plot against Jane?  Is the "big bad" Jane's ex-girlfriend from the police academy?  Will Korsak's "best man" wear a sleeveless dress for his wedding?  How long can Jan Nash keep Jane and Maura apart?  

• Love 2

I thought Bruce McGill did a fantastic job this week. Apart from him, I really didn't like this one at all. Obvious mystery (it's always the business partner!), Jane in full-on Kate Beckett Mode (fearlessly endangering other peoples' lives in the name of being Tough, jeopardizing her own case by questioning a suspect, etc etc), more of Angela's love life and not nearly enough Maura or Frankie. Talk about limping to the finale IMO.

• Love 2

I was a little curious as to how that limpet thingie was supposed to work. Too bad they only had the budget for an offscreen explosion.

I thought it looked like a hat box!  I was wondering how it worked too.  Did you know that "limpet shell" is one of the panatone color for this year?

I thought Bruce McGill did a fantastic job this week. 

I agree.  I thought he was especially good in the scenes with Kiki.  You could just read his mind from the look on his face when she was saying that she "needed time".

(Poor overwhelmed Lt. Louie Provenza from "Major Crimes" should consult with his old friend about how to have a smaller wedding)

• Love 1

I thought it looked like a hat box!  I was wondering how it worked too.  Did you know that "limpet shell" is one of the panatone color for this year?

Pantone, stealth sponsor? :-) 

I think it was a shrapnel catcher? I would think the shockwave would have pushed away, but maybe with just gunpowder that would be less of a problem? Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Pantone, stealth sponsor? :-) 

I think it was a shrapnel catcher? I would think the shockwave would have pushed away, but maybe with just gunpowder that would be less of a problem? Or maybe I'm overthinking it.

Perhaps if the bomb-shrapnel catcher-hat box was in the proper color, but it was made from limpet teeth, so I guess their teeth are gray.

I am still having problems with how the thing was used, because they could not put it over the mine with Korsak standing on it.  And just what was the reason the first victim was killed anyway?

• Love 1

And just what was the reason the first victim was killed anyway?

The partners in the anti-landmine non-profit had been syphoning money for extravagant partying when the dead guy grew back his conscience and decided to stop the parties. So his partner blew him up. Totally psycho and unlikely, but that's it.
  • Love 4

The partners in the anti-landmine non-profit had been syphoning money for extravagant partying when the dead guy grew back his conscience and decided to stop the parties. So his partner blew him up. Totally psycho and unlikely, but that's it.

Wow.  No wonder I missed that or immediately forgot it.  Thanks for explaining!

• Love 2

Perhaps if the bomb-shrapnel catcher-hat box was in the proper color, but it was made from limpet teeth, so I guess their teeth are gray.

I am still having problems with how the thing was used, because they could not put it over the mine with Korsak standing on it.  And just what was the reason the first victim was killed anyway?

Korsak wasn't standing directly on the mine, only on the edge of it. That's why it didn't go off in the first place. So I imagine that they did put the limpet-teeth thing over as much of the mine as they could and hoped that would be enough to save Korsak.

My eyes rolled out of my head when Korsak started talking about how his mine crisis was making him think about what Jane's going through. Thankfully he only talked along that line for a half a minute or so before returning his focus to himself, which is as it should be when you are standing on a freaking mine. You're allowed to focus on yourself. And like others here, I didn't care for Jane's behavior in general. I'm tired of her constantly yelling at other people, refusing to obey orders - especially since nobody freaks out as much as she does when someone doesn't do what she says. Everyone's tiptoeing around the field for fear of setting the mine off, and she's yelling and walking closer to Korsak. STFU! Let the bomb squad professionals do their job, and stop endangering everyone's life! Maura was upset too, but she actually did something useful - procured an object that helped save Korsak's life - and then watched from the trailer like she was supposed to do. Enough with the Janepain. Also, I thought she wasn't supposed to be taking any part in the investigation into her case, because hello, massive conflict of interest that would screw up prosecution in court, so why was she even in the interrogation room with that woman?

So Annabeth Gish got an "And Annabeth Gish" in the credits for just having her photo in this episode? That was hilarious. I waited all episode for AG to show up and that was it. But I do love that her character is apparently the one tormenting Jane, as that would be a juicy part for her (far better than the one she got stuck with on Scandal, where she had to play a reporter with a crush on a guy who is the worst). It's also a nice change-of-pace to have it be a woman as I think to date all Jane's and Maura's tormenters have been men.

• Love 4

Is it too much to ask that Angela falls in love with Paris, and doesn't come back to Boston?

I like that they're sticking with a COTW along with the ongoing Jane story line - it works well for me.  Not every case will be solved in the time slot alloted for the show!

I hope Korsak stays for the end of the series.  

I said the same thing about Angela. Well actually I would be okay with her being taken hostage and never coming back as well!

My eyes rolled out of my head when Korsak started talking about how his mine crisis was making him think about what Jane's going through. Thankfully he only talked along that line for a half a minute or so before returning his focus to himself, which is as it should be when you are standing on a freaking mine. You're allowed to focus on yourself. And like others here, I didn't care for Jane's behavior in general. I'm tired of her constantly yelling at other people, refusing to obey orders - especially since nobody freaks out as much as she does when someone doesn't do what she says. Everyone's tiptoeing around the field for fear of setting the mine off, and she's yelling and walking closer to Korsak. STFU! Let the bomb squad professionals do their job, and stop endangering everyone's life! Maura was upset too, but she actually did something useful - procured an object that helped save Korsak's life - and then watched from the trailer like she was supposed to do. Enough with the Janepain. Also, I thought she wasn't supposed to be taking any part in the investigation into her case, because hello, massive conflict of interest that would screw up prosecution in court, so why was she even in the interrogation room with that woman?

So Annabeth Gish got an "And Annabeth Gish" in the credits for just having her photo in this episode? That was hilarious. I waited all episode for AG to show up and that was it. But I do love that her character is apparently the one tormenting Jane, as that would be a juicy part for her (far better than the one she got stuck with on Scandal, where she had to play a reporter with a crush on a guy who is the worst). It's also a nice change-of-pace to have it be a woman as I think to date all Jane's and Maura's tormenters have been men.

Why the JanePain?  All the years of romantic and sexual frustration the show has put her through, not allowing Rizzles.  Though TNT Facebook is currently urging R&I fans to vote Jane & Maura as Zimbio's TV top couple!  http://www.zimbio.com/brackets/TV+Couples+March+Madness+2016

Rewatching this episode and have a comment about the limpet teeth thing. So it's stronger than Kevlar... great. But there was a little window on one side with a lip, and they put the lip under Korsak's toes. So the window, which I assume is weaker than the limpet teeth, is pointed AT Korsak's leg. In fact, all of the blast would likely be DIRECTED AT Korsak's leg. And I can't imagine they could pull Korsak off the mine and far enough away before the blast escaped the little window. Based on that...Korsak should have lost his lower leg.

I think Korsak should have clued in the bomb squad a lot sooner. I'm not sure what they could have done differently, but I would think they'd like to know the full situation.

I agree.  Once they knew about the mine he was standing on, they changed protocol for who could move where -- that was information they needed, especially when working close behind him. 

I missed this last week, so just got caught up.  It was pretty good ... for this show.

I kind of love that they toyed with us a bit - the retirement talk, the happiness, etc., so often lead to the character dying. It seemed like it really could happen, so I was caught up in it and thought they might actually kill him off.

I am happy that they didn't. McGill was so good though. He doesn't often get to play that kind of range and nuance in this show.

I found Jane incredibly annoying. I don't find it spunky or brave to take off a protective helmet. I hated that she bullied someone who was just doing her job. The list goes on. But temper and childishness never sits well with me when it's a character I'm supposed to like.

It did seem odd that Nina didn't know the woman had been released, but I don't really think it means that Nina's doing something nefarious. I just think it was moving pieces to get an emotional cliffhanger. At least I hope so. I like Nina a lot.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 3
On 5/30/2016 at 7:48 AM, Scamp said:

The topic title needs correction: it was season 6, not 7.

I learned that you can report a post so that a mod can fix them.  So thanks, unknown Moderator. :-) 

• Love 1