Type keyword(s) to search

Who Is Beach Hottie?: Questions We Want Answered Before PLL Ends

Or the 1000 bottles of whiskey for Jason. 

How do underage girls like Mona and Alison rent motel rooms and storage lockers?  The latter usually requires a credit card and I also thought that minors can't enter into contracts like this.

On 3/22/2017 at 2:27 PM, mac123x said:

My head canon is that A hired a street-theater group.

Or formed one.... Craigslist ad:

Off, Off, Off Broadway production seeking enthusiastic professional actors with acrobat experience for experimental project using surreality as our stage. Excellent resume builder with cash payment. Proficiency with subterfuge and found object weapons preferred. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

How do underage girls like Mona and Alison rent motel rooms and storage lockers?  The latter usually requires a credit card and I also thought that minors can't enter into contracts like this.

We know Ali had a fake ID -- she used it in the flashback where she first met Ezra (Season 4 finale, "A is for Answers").  We also know Noel Khan could get fake passports and airline tickets (same episode).  Presumably they could get credit cards also.  Mona could probably get any fake document you'd ever need because she's Mona.

• Love 4

Doh... how could I forget the obvious?  I was thinking of a normal dorky kid like myself.  These adrenalized hyper-reality sociopaths with friends in high places are a different story.  Sheesh, when I was 14, I was still playing with dolls and hoping I could buy a training bra!

• Love 2

The other night I had a dream that Hannah was a Broadway star and she had a kid, so if that ends up happening in 7B then I am buying myself a lottery ticket! But it made me realize that I hope we get a little bit of a flash forward or epilogue at the very end of the last episode so that we know where the characters go after the show ends.

I also hope we learn more about Caleb's family. So was it Mona who flew out to California to cause the car accident?

• Love 1
On 1/17/2017 at 7:59 AM, SadieT said:

And yet still not answer to the thread's titular question: who the hell is beach hottie?! We may never know. 

Obviously it was Jason.

Evidence: Is a Hottie. Was at Beach. Was stoned/drunk enough on the night of the yellow tops to mistake Ali for Cece. Cece is also his sister. Or his cousin? Both? He kissed Melissa too. What I'm saying is that the DiLaurentis family is basically House Lannister.

• Love 7

I mean I thought it was pretty obvious it was Wilden but they couldn't take like 5 seconds to confirm this? Charlotte could have easily mentioned it in Game Over, Charles when she was delivering 40 minutes of exposition, or Alison could have said something after she saw Rollins wearing Wilden's face.

But I love that the showrunner doesn't even know what's going on.  

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 2
On 4/26/2017 at 10:35 AM, kariyaki said:

I bet Troian knows. She knows every episode title, who directed it and what happened.

There's a new Vanity Fair video where the cast has to fill in a diagram of their hookups, and when it’s time to do Alison’s, Sasha picks a picture of Wilden that’s labeled “Beach Hottie.” But then there’s a second picture of him actually labeled "Wilden" that they connect to Ashley Marin and Troian says something like, “oh you guys separated ‘Beach Hottie’ and Wilden” implying that they’re the same person (around minute 8:30)… so yeah Troian knows everything lol. And apparently so does Vanity Fair because they had Beach Hottie written on a picture of Wilden. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Ha, that just makes it even better that Troian, Sasha, and Vanity Fair know this but MK can't keep this shit straight. The first season started at the beginning of their junior year which means Alison disappeared right before their sophomore year which means Wilden was boning her when she was 14/15.*

*According to the PLL wiki, Alison's birthday is June 6, 1994, and she disappeared on September 1, 2009, so she was 15 when she disappeared. We know that she was "hanging out" (ahem) with Beach Hottie before her birthday because in the letter she wrote to him (which we saw in S4.E12), she said that he was taking her away for her birthday so it's possible that they were doing it when she was only 14. We know they were definitely having sex because she thought she was pregnant. Whether they first had sex before or after her birthday, it was definitely statutory rape. Ahhhh, Rosewood (and Cape May).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Yeah Wilden/Alison is absolutely gross. No way around it. And since the show was okay with 14 or 15 year old Alison sleeping with a 30 year old detective, why did they back off of Ian and Alison and act like they never went past making out in the dirt? Like these writers are obviously cool with statutory rape so why draw the line there?

On another less disturbing note, Troian refers to Sara Harvey as "Shower Harvey" in the video and I think Marlene has also done so once or twice, so it's kind of funny to see the cast and crew pick up on these little fandom things. 

Edited by SadieT
  • Love 2

Apparently we'll find out who killed Jessica D next week.  I always assumed Kenneth switched her medication to kill her before their divorce was final or something.

I updated the murders and mysteries list (and just for fun I added the parents of the kids who had affairs). Now the only unsolved murders we need revealed in the next seven episodes are Charlotte, Shower, and Wrollins (because you know it wasn't as easy as Hanna hitting him with a car, the girls burying him, and then someone unburying him - MK is probably going to squeeze more twists into his death just to drag this out until the finale).

• Love 1

We got another “answer” from Marlene during a recent interview. So who gave Ali the bloody lip we see in Veronica Hastings flashback from episode 3x23? According to Marlene, the writers room never had a specific person in mind (shocking) but it was supposedly one of the “older people” Ali was hanging around with at the time, i.e. CeCe’s older college aged friends. 

Link for anyone who's interested.

2 hours ago, SadieT said:

According to Marlene, the writers room never had a specific person in mind (shocking)

Honestly, this just makes my blood boil. They just threw that in there without having an explanation or answer?! As for her "answer" that it was one of Cece's college friends, that's not enough of an explanation. So some college kid backhanded Ali? WTF?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Honestly, this just makes my blood boil. They just threw that in there without having an explanation or answer?! As for her "answer" that it was one of Cece's college friends, that's not enough of an explanation. So some college kid backhanded Ali? WTF?

My guess is they included the scene to show that Ali was vulnerable and at times victimized herself and not always in control like she pretended to be, but they still could have accomplished that by providing a real answer as to who it was that gave her the damn bloody lip. Even if the who wasn't someone we knew or someone necessarily important. Did Ali sneak off to see some older guy and he got violent with her? Why not just fucking say that's what happened? Have Spencer ask her about it or have Ali share it with Emily at some point. Anything that provides viewers with an actual answer. Because it was a mystery for so long and  we shouldn't have to get answers years later in a facebook live interview. It's so annoying that they leave these things unanswered and fans obsess over them trying to tie it to the mystery, thinking they actually mean something, when in actuality they mean nothing and the writers have no plan to tie it to the plot or ever even explain it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SadieT said:

Why not just fucking say that's what happened? Have Spencer ask her about it or have Ali share it with Emily at some point. Anything that provides viewers with an actual answer.

This is another thing that really bothers me. Great that Marlene is tossing out these tidbits during interviews or on twitter, but it's not really canon unless it happens on the show. And it's not like the stuff she has said on social media or during interviews requires long drawn out explanations. They could have easily stated in one line during an episode that Wilden was Beach Hottie or that one of Cece's friends caused Ali's lip. That would have taken all of two seconds. But instead, they waste time on garbage like fucking Ezra on the phone with his ex's parents and then Marlene randomly mentions actual explanations to what used to be important plot points places other than the actual show. I said something similar about Once Upon a Time - if you have to explain things off camera by doing things like tweeting info after an episode airs, then your writers aren't doing a very good job. In this case, I would guess it's less the fault of the writers and more the fact that Marlene has been pulling random shit out of her ass for seven seasons now and most of the time she had no idea where she was going with it. It's crap like this that makes me realize I'm glad the show is ending because she is a hack who can't plan a cohesive logical character driven story to save her life.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SadieT said:

Have Spencer ask her about it or have Ali share it with Emily at some point. Anything that provides viewers with an actual answer. Because it was a mystery for so long and  we shouldn't have to get answers years later in a facebook live interview. It's so annoying that they leave these things unanswered and fans obsess over them trying to tie it to the mystery, thinking they actually mean something, when in actuality they mean nothing and the writers have no plan to tie it to the plot or ever even explain it. 

If they'd left it alone after the flashback, I would have been satisfied that it was just a character moment showing Ali's vulnerability.  My problem was that they referenced it again when Spencer danced with Delusion!Ali at Radley.  That set the audience up for expecting that it was relevant. 

10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This is another thing that really bothers me. Great that Marlene is tossing out these tidbits during interviews or on twitter, but it's not really canon unless it happens on the show. And it's not like the stuff she has said on social media or during interviews requires long drawn out explanations. They could have easily stated in one line during an episode that Wilden was Beach Hottie or that one of Cece's friends caused Ali's lip. That would have taken all of two seconds. But instead, they waste time on garbage like fucking Ezra on the phone with his ex's parents and then Marlene randomly mentions actual explanations to what used to be important plot points places other than the actual show. I said something similar about Once Upon a Time - if you have to explain things off camera by doing things like tweeting info after an episode airs, then your writers aren't doing a very good job. In this case, I would guess it's less the fault of the writers and more the fact that Marlene has been pulling random shit out of her ass for seven seasons now and most of the time she had no idea where she was going with it. It's crap like this that makes me realize I'm glad the show is ending because she is a hack who can't plan a cohesive logical character driven story to save her life.

I know she's pretty much killed any chances of me ever watching another show that she becomes showrunner of.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, mac123x said:

If they'd left it alone after the flashback, I would have been satisfied that it was just a character moment showing Ali's vulnerability.  My problem was that they referenced it again when Spencer danced with Delusion!Ali at Radley.  That set the audience up for expecting that it was relevant. 

Ooh that's right they did bring it up again during the Spalison dance scene, which is one of my favorite scenes in the show so don't know how I forgot that. Obviously it was meant to mean something and the writers probably just forgot to return to it or couldn't figure out how to work it into the last minute Charlotte reveal and just dropped it. 

Have any of these been answered?

- Wtf was up with the weird drawing Week was coloring in Radley, it was in his charts?

- why and how did everyone get the same yellow top? Why did Ali have so many?

- why is Spencer always a murder suspect?

- why does Jenna keep a clone squad?

- what has Melissa been doing?  Also, Jason and Wren.

Last call for questions you want answered before PLL ends! Right now, there is still hope that we will get answers. 24 hours from now, we will all be disappointed by how much time Marlene wasted on ships in the finale instead of answering all of our burning questions!

6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Last call for questions you want answered before PLL ends! Right now, there is still hope that we will get answers. 24 hours from now, we will all be disappointed by how much time Marlene wasted on ships in the finale instead of answering all of our burning questions!

How does Marlene still work in this industry?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

My big questions still are to this day where is Pepe the dog and Tipi the bird? 

They did Pepe so dirty. Seriously did Mr. D. just give Ali's dog away while she was in prison for not murdering Mona? 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The networks only are about ratings. They don't give a rat's ass about coherent storylines!

Yeah, but when fas devote years to a show that has so many loose ends and unanswered questions central to the storyline (and the creators are forced to admit in interviews "we didn't plan ahead when we did this", "we didn't have a specific person in mind", "we realized we forgot about this so had to force it in as a dream"), then they won't follow a massive fail of a showrunner to new projects and those ratings will tank.  The name I. Marlene King now officially = "poison"

2 hours ago, DigitalCount said:

Do we know who put the knives in Jake's heavy bag and why? Logically this was during Cece's tenure as A, but why would she do that?

Marlene said it was revenge for teaching Aria those fighting moves that Aria kicked her ass with.

But obviously in the episode, it was framed manipulatively to make us think it was Ezra.

7 hours ago, AftermathTV said:

Marlene said it was revenge for teaching Aria those fighting moves that Aria kicked her ass with.

But obviously in the episode, it was framed manipulatively to make us think it was Ezra.

really so CeCe put those their lol funny they made us think it was Ezra