Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Objection, Your Honor

• Start Topic

I wonder if Kathryn's loudness has something to do with her lack of hearing in one ear.  I worked with a girl with hearing problems and she spoke really loudly because she couldn't really gage how loud she was speaking because she couldn't hear herself very well.  People were constantly telling her to turn it down a notch and she would always have to apologize and explain her situation.  I'm not saying that's definitively what the problem is in Kathryn's case, but it's a possibility.

This is a good point and might very well be true. But her hearing loss wouldn't explain her need to tell other people what to do, dominate the conversations, and make fun of potential eating disorders her friends may have. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I come from a family of doctors - honest ones who have no problem admitting that the influence of Big Pharma and insurance companies has too often led to throwing drugs at symptoms instead of healing people.

What alternatives to medications and or procedures do you suggest? What else is there to treat illness?

As I've said, with Lyme you don't want to suppress the immune system.

It's not that doctors want to toss out "First, do no harm" - but the time constraints put on appointments (thanks ins. companies) and the tendency to prescribe (thanks big pharma) has led us to a place where harm is often done. Just look at how many people are addicted to prescription drugs in the U.S.

Again what do you suggest they utilize besides medications? When you go to a doctor what do you need from them that their license allows only them to provide? If not surgery or prescriptive authority what is there for them to offer that you couldn't just do for yourself?

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 8

One thing I noticed was after the pickle-ball sesh, Kyle and Erika were drinking real Coke, not even diet! And Erika was drinking it again at the work site! I would've guessed these ladies would never let that pass their lips!

Totally appreciated seeing Donnie several times over,it almost makes it worth putting up with Kathryn.

As a Charger fan, I love seeing Donnie! He's very attractive. The shirt he wore to work on the house was funny though, it was collared!

• Love 5

Her neck looks fine. The odd mishappen face is Photoshopped, I think. She would never go out in public looking like that, she'd go on a starvation diet first.

I posted it as a joke, an exaggeration.  sorry if it was believable but that only goes to show how Yolanda has managed to make herself totally unbelievable.

Has this pic been photoshopped?

Uh-huh, guilty, but it was meant as a joke. sorry

• Love 13

I posted it as a joke, an exaggeration.  sorry if it was believable but that only goes to show how Yolanda has managed to make herself totally unbelievable.

I thought it was real until I saw the website in the bottom corner. It was funny.

• Love 2

This is a good point and might very well be true. But her hearing loss wouldn't explain her need to tell other people what to do, dominate the conversations, and make fun of potential eating disorders her friends may have. 

I was just about to say the same thing. I have poor hearing in one ear and I talk loud. I don't even realize that I'm doing it. I do realize when I am being a rude bitch. 

• Love 18

As I've said, with Lyme you don't want to suppress the immune system.

It's not that doctors want to toss out "First, do no harm" - but the time constraints put on appointments (thanks ins. companies) and the tendency to prescribe (thanks big pharma) has led us to a place where harm is often done. Just look at how many people are addicted to prescription drugs in the U.S.

The answer isn't in Yolanda's spare no expense shotgun "i want it all" approach. All of the countries that have higher life expectancies and better health outcomes than the United States regulate and ration doctors time, and the availability of prescription medication. Patients are patients, not consumers.
  • Love 5

I wasn't addressing her assholishness, just her loudness.  LOL!

• Love 8
(edited)

Mr. Girardi stating that Vanderpump is his only worthy opponent in life is a bit of a slam to Erika, no? I get that he's being generous to Lisa on the one hand, yet he slyly insults her in the form of a compliment on the other hand -- sort of the same way Lisa operates.

I agree that having your husband scold you in front of others publicly or privately wouldn't fly with me either. But when your mouthy spouse is hosting a gathering and refers to guests as c****, saying their behavior is cunty, saying So-In-So can't be trusted, and so on -- then yeah, I don't get too worked up about it because that stems from a lack of decency and good breeding. If that's misogynistic, then sue me.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 5

and Yo is going to claim she had previously agreed to the commitment with bg & Kim....and couldn't predict that she would later get sick (of course with spending 18-20 hours in bed a day for 10 months to 2 years...how could you not predict it would be exhausting....I mean she just walked for the first time a couple weeks ago) and therefore couldn't give more than 40 minutes notice of cancellation....she will try to make LisaR feel bad for questioning her and not unconditionally supporting/believing her....ARGH!

Brandi would've dragged Kim from her drug den, and then drove to Yolanda's apartment. Yolanda probably paid for Brandi and Kim's liquid lunch. Doesn't the Brandi footage have her sitting on the end of Yolanda's bed?
  • Love 1

Not one of them has a right to talk about manners or class when they all swear like sailors (no offense to sailors!) on national television.  Ain't nothin' classy about the "F" word.  I am far from a prude and can certainly have a mouth on me with my best friend. But I would never use that kind of language in front of a crowd, let alone on tv.  Remember, these ladies are "working."  If most of us spoke like that at our jobs we would be fired.  Have some dignity, ladies!  And buy a thesaurus!

I completely agree with you. Problem is these "ladies" are liquored up and encouraged by the producers to get down and dirty. Not to mention that cursing in every day life, and using the F-Bomb isn't as taboo as say 20-30 years ago.

• Love 2

I come from a family of doctors - honest ones who have no problem admitting that the influence of Big Pharma and insurance companies has too often led to throwing drugs at symptoms instead of healing people.

I worked in Pharmacy for years and years, both Hospital AND Retail and the problem isn't just "Big Pharma" it is that people/patients want a get well quick pill. Most don't want to address the underlying cause of their illness/pain, they want to POP A PILL and fell better RIGHT NOW! Also, non compliance is a huge problem, people need an antibiotic but refuse to take the entire prescription as directed which helps to allow what ever infection they have to develop a drug resistance so that when they get sick, the antibiotics have a harder time getting rid on the infection. OR you have questionable Dr.s that prescribe antibiotics over long periods of time even though medical research shows it is ill advised OR even COUNTER PRODUCTIVE, again, because so many want to pop that pill and feel better in an hour. Way to many Dr.s allow patients to dictate how they SHOULD be treated and are afraid of getting sued if they don't do as the patient demands and then get worse.  

• Love 17

One thing I noticed was after the pickle-ball sesh, Kyle and Erika were drinking real Coke, not even diet! And Erika was drinking it again at the work site! I would've guessed these ladies would never let that pass their lips!

As a Charger fan, I love seeing Donnie! He's very attractive. The shirt he wore to work on the house was funny though, it was collared!

I would like to see Donnie naked.  Don't tell anyone.

Dinner with Erika and the burnt up garden gnome was interesting on a lot of levels but LisaVP had my favorite line.  When Tom said he was inspired to be a lawyer by watching Perry Mason, Lisa asked if he actually went to law school or just watched the show.  Neither Tom nor Erika laughed and Erika actually got a little huffy about it.  Come on now, that was funny.

• Love 22

Brandi would've dragged Kim from her drug den, and then drove to Yolanda's apartment. Yolanda probably paid for Brandi and Kim's liquid lunch. Doesn't the Brandi footage have her sitting on the end of Yolanda's bed?

yes, the little bit that they showed had bg on or by Yo's bed. I didn't see Kim with them.

lol @ the image created by "Brandi would've dragged Kim from her drug den...."

• Love 4

I worked in Pharmacy for years and years, both Hospital AND Retail and the problem isn't just "Big Pharma" it is that people/patients want a get well quick pill. Most don't want to address the underlying cause of their illness/pain, they want to POP A PILL and fell better RIGHT NOW! Also, non compliance is a huge problem, people need an antibiotic but refuse to take the entire prescription as directed which helps to allow what ever infection they have to develop a drug resistance so that when they get sick, the antibiotics have a harder time getting rid on the infection. OR you have questionable Dr.s that prescribe antibiotics over long periods of time even though medical research shows it is ill advised OR even COUNTER PRODUCTIVE, again, because so many want to pop that pill and feel better in an hour. Way to many Dr.s allow patients to dictate how they SHOULD be treated and are afraid of getting sued if they don't do as the patient demands and then get worse.  

like those people convinced that they have this made up disease (chronic lyme disease) who want 3 MONTHS of antibiotics! One month (or less) of ceftriaxone is what is used for lyme affecting the central nervous system. Three months then one is just asking for yeast to become a problem!

agree with your post...people expect a quick fix and sometimes that is possible but often it is not possible and sometimes it requires the patient to actually do the work (eat right, exercise, take medicine as instructed, etc....)

• Love 9

....and she has that wonderful closet full of meds!

Exactly - if they could rifle through her medicine closet, I bet they were there all the time. Hope Yo had on lock on that thing.

My take on why Katherine told LVP what Erika said:  I think Katherine thought it was a way in with the "cool girls" (LVP and Kyle, I guess, but an attempt to especially get on LVP's good side and also alienate Erika.). So, she threw Erika under the bus, but it backfired, so now she's backtracking.

And yes, I agree with someone upthread - calling her "Vanderpump" is getting on my nerves.  She may be doing because there are two Lisas, but it's not that hard to say the first and last name if there is any doubt.

• Love 5

Diet, exercise, sleep, and healthy living are important but often medicine is needed. Sometimes antihypertensives are needed even after one has lost weight and has a low salt diet and stopped NSAID use.....

Co-signed as someone who works in comparative effectiveness research for chronic disease.

• Love 10

I thought it might be real because Yo said she'd gained weight - at least it wasn't steroids!

In her blog, Yolanda refers to the episodes "shocking revelations" with this ominous statement:

"I must say, though, that tonight's revelations are shocking, and if Rinna's statements are true, this will not be the last we hear of it."

(Cue threatening music)

Maybe Yolanda will open up that vault that she keeps everything in.   More likely she will spend the entire rest of the season and a good part of the reunion defending her "integrity".

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 8

I think Erica looks best when she wears her hair smooth and straight. She has very nice hair. I dislike her hair in the TH's when she has it pulled back on top and all floofy on the sides. I also thought she let her guard down a bit in her after-party talk with ?Kyle? In which she indicated her situation was not all roses.

Yay for LisaR for identifying the elephant in the room --saying what everyone was thinking about Yo's dramatics!

• Love 8

I don't think it's out of sequence.  The dinner that Yo missed was the one we just saw last night - the one at Erika's house. Yo called to say she was too ill to come, but posted a pic of herself out and about with Drunk and Drunker. That was what Lisar was referring to on the beach. Next week we will see Lisar scold Yo for bailing on her good friend's dinner party to hang out with Brandi and Kim. 

We need a whole new page title for this, except for we are trying to avoid feeding these attention seekers! You are the best for coming up with this! Prize Winner phrase!

• Love 5

This is my sister-in-law. Every time my niece or nephew come down with so much as a cold she drags those poor kids to the urgent care and demands antibiotics. I've been with them when the poor dr. tried to explain to her that antibiotics do not cure viruses such as the cold virus and she screamed at the poor man and threatened his license and job. I will never help her with the kids at the doctor ever again. I was horrified. People like this do exist. 

• Love 12

Random thoughts on the episode:

Erica and Katherine - I see them both being one season HWs, ala Joyce, Carlton, and that woman who I can't remember her name and am too lazy to google - her father in law was a Zanuck. I like Erica slightly better than Katherine but that's like asking if you want to be shot or poisoned.

Who the hell wears white overalls to paint and work on a house? I didn't even notice the shoes because I was so fixated that Kyle wore white.

So is Daisy a health care advocate or more like Rocio? (not spelled right I'm sure - LVP's maid) Do health care advocates make lattes? If so, I need to get me one.

I loved Eileen last season but this season between her not letting go of the thing with LVP and now seeing her in kind of a shit stirring light I'm having doubts about her. And I hate that. I enjoyed the scene on the beach - Malibu? - such a gorgeous place. I can kind of relate to LisaR since I've been a people pleaser too and you do get easily manipulated. Hopefully she'll start standing up to LVP and still keep the friendship.

The less Yo the better for me. Her FaceTime to Erica from the sick bed was too much.

Don't need to see Katherine's ear doctor visits. The only interesting thing from that scene was that her doctor's name is Dr. House - I laughed at that.

Painters duds are white. 

• Love 3

Funny Lisa R drops the goods on LVP and Kyle and they are MIA on the Bravo blogs.

First, Kyle IS currently filming CA, so she hasn't had much time to write her blogs, she even said that in a previous blog and she isn't know to ALWAYS write a blog in the first place. As for LisaV, she DOES run 2 restaurants and usually her blog posts a couple of days AFTER the episode airs, so again, this is not something different/odd from her either. I really doubt they are afraid to write a blog or that they are helping the other to write them. I would be more inclined to think LisaR and Eileen wrote theirs together because they sound so alike this week. LOL

• Love 8

Holy crap y'all.

I object to the turn this thread has taken. Drop the sidebars. They're irrelevant. Not to mention borderline political and we have a STRICT no politics policy.

I sustain my own objection. I'm good like that.

• Love 15

Tom Girardi reminds me a few lawyers I dated in the past-- super nice and friendly at first, and then a week later become psychos and their misogynist egotistical selves come out. Tom appears to expect women to be seen and not heard.  I didn't understand why Tom would be mad at Erika except if he is mad at her for talking shit about LisaV and then having it get back to her. So Kathryn sort of got Erika in trouble. 

When Erika was talking to Kyle at the picnic table thing she looked like she had a rough night and was crying. I've had crying all night nights and they are terrible. I actually feel really bad for her.  She should be able to be herself around her husband and not be punished that seems horror story stuff. 

Easy now. He's from a different time. Back when he first started a'courtin,' womenfolk knew their place. And there were only thirteen colonies. And..."When you marry for money, you earn every penny." 

• Love 11

What a good episode!  Lisar has risen to my number one favorite HW.  Loved her pics of Yo out with her BFFs.   You are the source of my entertainment for now.   Hysterical.   They all give a side eye to Yo's batshittery, including Eileen.  She just does not want to go on camera saying it.  She has a soap star image to maintain.  

So we get a glimpse into Erika and Tom's relationship!  Juicy.   He was not happy about dissing LVP  behind her back.  Tom has to maintain a good social status in that town.  So now we will see Erika seek LVPs favor.  

Loved Erika telling Kyle that Yo's head was swollen.  Great visual on that one.  Is Erika that stupid?  Entire heads don't swell.  

Brandi and Kim have an agenda to get back on this show thus their relationship with Yo.  I cannot be convinced otherwise.  

ETA- Kudos, Daisy, good camera angle on that RSVP. 

My thoughts exactly. Lisa Rinna rules. She has so much more "integrity as a woman" than Yolanda! 

• Love 7

As for her husband "shushing her", IMO, it DID bother her. She looked embarrassed and hurt but not surprised.

You just don't shush a person that you regard as an equal. And we're all equals. Tom is an entitled ass.

• Love 7

Easy now. He's from a different time. Back when he first started a'courtin,' womenfolk knew their place. And there were only thirteen colonies. And..."When you marry for money, you earn every penny."

And the gays were just people who were really really happy.
  • Love 4

Just some general comments:

Of all the words Kathyrn uses to describe herself, she omits the most accurate: Obnoxious.  She was a disaster at dinner, beginning with her comments to Lisa Rinna about the breadsticks and then it just got worse from there.  Shut up already!

Yolanda:  Stlll a snooze-fest - so over this woman and her manipulations.   And, if I were Erika and she cancelled on my dinner and I happened to see the picture of her and the two drunks that day, I'd be mad. Of all the women, Yo is supposed to be Erika's friend, and Erika probably could have used her support.  But lunch with the drunks was more important?

(And next week Yolanda is seriously going to say she has had more support from Brandi and Kim than all of the others?  Maybe Brandi, the fake friend - but Kim?  I doubt it).

Erika: This is the second time we've see her husband cut her off on camera.   Wonder what it's like off-camera?  Be careful what you wish for...

Eileen:  I am so tired of Eileen wanting everyone to talk everything out.  Somethings are just better left to die on the vine, but not if Eileen is around with the watering can.  I think I have to revise my every changing reunion seating chart - Eileen will be on the couch with Yo and Erika.

Lisa Rinna:  Nailed Yolanda.  She was right on the money.  They all have to tiptoe around Yolanda because she's so sick, Yolanda knows it and is using it to her advantage.

I agree with all of this, but I understand Eileen's impulse. I have that, too. Loose ends make me uneasy

• Love 2

First, Kyle IS currently filming CA, so she hasn't had much time to write her blogs, she even said that in a previous blog and she isn't know to ALWAYS write a blog in the first place. As for LisaV, she DOES run 2 restaurants and usually her blog posts a couple of days AFTER the episode airs, so again, this is not something different/odd from her either. I really doubt they are afraid to write a blog or that they are helping the other to write them. I would be more inclined to think LisaR and Eileen wrote theirs together because they sound so alike this week. LOL

Not to be an ass Wire-but LVP runs three restaurants.

• Love 4

Yolanda always like she has a package or is wearing Depends. Sorry

Thanks, Zoeysmom! That's hilarious. I'm still having a good laugh. I usually don't comment on a person's appearance, but she is so nasty to other people that I'm allowing myself. 

• Love 1

Does LisaR work? I don't think so, I think she tries to get stuff and does here and there but in general she doesn't work. Her kids are teens and I don't think she gives one shit about what they do as long as they pay for it themselves. She is bored, and needs this job on HWBH to keep money coming in. She definitely has an eating disorder-- she is way too skinny and never eats, yet constantly talks about it and gives excuses to why she doesn't need to eat, and she obviously is underweight and claims to work out all the time. Why? She has some problems with that and it is annoying that she picked on Kim about being drunk, but when people call her out on starving she doesn't want to admit it and gets weird, just like Kim! 

Gonna put on my Devil's Advocate jersey and toss this out?

I'd bet 100 dollars that yoyo knows exactly what might cause her face to blow up like that?

Fuck it, I bet 100 more that she does it, then takes selfies or goes out to be photographed just to advance her narrative? Swollen head syndrome, my ass. She's jerking us around and she knows it.

Or, let me put it THIS way? How many of us would get all puffed up like that and then put on makeup, a nice dress and go out smiling at the world? Fuck that, I am at home until I look normal.

I don't think that this is a 'doctor prescribed' result, this bitch knows exactly what she is doing.

Yup! I could rub my face on a cat and look like dying within 30 minutes.

• Love 1

Does LisaR work? I don't think so, I think she tries to get stuff and does here and there but in general she doesn't work. Her kids are teens and I don't think she gives one shit about what they do as long as they pay for it themselves. She is bored, and needs this job on HWBH to keep money coming in. She definitely has an eating disorder-- she is way too skinny and never eats, yet constantly talks about it and gives excuses to why she doesn't need to eat, and she obviously is underweight and claims to work out all the time. Why? She has some problems with that and it is annoying that she picked on Kim about being drunk, but when people call her out on starving she doesn't want to admit it and gets weird, just like Kim! 

While I think Rinna will latch onto anything that will give her airtime, I have to grudgingly admit that she has her QVC line.  I don't know how much time that accounts for. 

As for any eating disorder, what's good for the goose is good for the gander - Rinna did take advantage of Kim's disease for a storyline but we are talking about Kathryn here who IMO totally sucks, so STFU Kathryn, it's a disease; Rinna hasn't poked you hard enough yet to warrant you going after her eating. So back off with your hard-work-bitch arms and take a seat.

• Love 1

They are cramming for the Reunion.  Kyle said she has did not watch the show 'til real time.

Also, there was a fire at PUMP and it took 3 days to fix the damage, it opened back up today, so Lisa has been very busy with that.

• Love 2

The problem was a failure to recognize a symptom as belonging to Lyme, even though the diagnosis was clearly in the file. Like it or not, current time constraints (15 min often) make it difficult for doctors to fully consider the cause.

I'm well today because, as a writer/researcher, I knew how to look for answers and to explain what I had found to doctors willing to run the tests I needed even though they hadn't learned a lot about Lyme themselves yet. (Few doctors have time to do the reading.)

This may be your feeling or interpretation, but I don't think it's fact. If you have a serious or chronic issue, you may have a brief initial appointment, but from there you'll see a specialist. If all else fails, you hit the ER. Health care in the U.S. has limitations, but Lyme illiterate doctors isn't one of them.

• Love 8

The woman has no manners and yes she does need a lot of work on her feminine side as she said herself.

I took her comment to be satirical. Having manners has nothing to do with being feminine. 

• Love 1