Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Flash Squad

The Cyber team investigates when users of a traffic app are rerouted to remote locations and robbed by masked women. Also, Russell reconnects with Greer Latimore after the team completes business in Los Angeles.

The perps are targeting the same idiot drivers that would drive into a lake or off a cliff because their GPS told them to.  Use your eyes people.

Seriously, that abandoned car and those two bodies laid there in the middle of the street for possibly hours (per Krummie) and no one called the cops ?  That's sad -- even for L.A.

Greer Lattimoor is the woman DB met in the bar -- I remember now that's who she is -- when he was being a dick and dodged the mystery woman who had been texting him by deciding she was too old, and going for the hottie at the end of the bar.

Techno-phrase of the week is: supercookie.  I know it's a thing, but it is barely used in the episode (much like most previous techno-phrases) -- it is just so lame.  They might as well have picked 'Recycle Bin' will kill you and everyone you love.

So basically this trio of thieves/killers graduated from the V. Stiviano school of fashion and style ?  Seriously, how did Raven's search not pull up any V. Stiviano (Donald Sterling's girlfriend) images ?  It's essntially the Bling Ring who hacked Waze, and hacked train crossing controls -- and then shot a guy instead of just robbing him.

What's with the montages in this show ?  Are the writers so tapped out for actual story content that they just need to kill time ?  The sexy fashion montage by one of the perps to open the episode, and then the e-mail draft folder contents montage -- complete with shuffling of papers on a wall.  Exciting !! </sarcasm>   And with all these printouts with 'A' on them I thought it was a crossover with PLL for a moment.

And the case wraps up early after the remaining girls are captured in the most boring way possible.

While DB stays in LA to have dinner with Greer, Avery gets back to DC and confronts Lil' Bow Wow about why he's suing the FBI.  And of course she's yelling ... again .. just like last week. And FBI Director enters Avery's office, drops all charges against Lil' Bow Wow and basically tells her that her Hacker-for-hire program is a failure and shuts it down.  Does that mean Raven is going back to prison ?  Stay tuned next episode.

Lil Bow Wow must be kicking himself that he didn't think of suing the FBI a year ago.

DB just met Mrs. Travolta and she's asking him to move away with her to a foreign country?! Whatever happened to his wife and family?

The bling ring girls were the WORST actresses EVER!

As always, great review Otto!!

• Love 1
Techno-phrase of the week is: supercookie.  I know it's a thing, but it is barely used in the episode (much like most previous techno-phrases) -- it is just so lame.  They might as well have picked 'Recycle Bin' will kill you and everyone you love.

I could swear they already used supercookie.  They posted a fake news story to try to get somebody or other to click on it so they could do the same thing they tried to do here.  Sadly, I just looked it up, and it was the Goldenbeast episode in season 1, "Ghost in the Machine."  Apparently they can't even have original techno-phrases per episode!  They should have gone with Recycle Bin, which appears to be where this show is going. They are dumping episodes at what would be an alarming rate, if I cared.

DB just met Mrs. Travolta and she's asking him to move away with her to a foreign country?! Whatever happened to his wife and family?

They had a throwaway when he joined about him being divorced. Not sure why he doesn't care about the rest of his family anymore, but "Dolla Bill" is a whole new DB, apparently.

• Love 1

Haven't seen this show in ages.  It's somewhat better, I guess.  DB is here now, and apparently single?  Did his wife go back to Seattle alone and buy that lovely old Victorian house they'd always wanted?

And hacker dude can  break all the rules he wants, but gets in a snit when the FBI did it, causing him to actually get arrested and convicted for hacking the Stock Exchange.  Never mind he actually did the crime, and that he was given a cushy assignment working with computers and nice people, and NOT IN JAIL.  Instead, he's shocked and offended that some FBI dude didn't dot an I or cross a T on a warrant, it's time to say "piss off" to his fellow employees and start suing someone!  I wonder if he'll actually feel guilty over getting the program shut down and sending the other hacker-for-hire back to jail.  Jerk.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1

I could swear they already used supercookie.  They posted a fake news story to try to get somebody or other to click on it so they could do the same thing they tried to do here.  Sadly, I just looked it up, and it was the Goldenbeast episode in season 1, "Ghost in the Machine."  Apparently they can't even have original techno-phrases per episode!  They should have gone with Recycle Bin, which appears to be where this show is going. They are dumping episodes at what would be an alarming rate, if I cared.

Nice catch @iscoffy. I thought it sounded a little too familiar.  

That would be too funny if Lil' Bow Wow waltzes away scot-free and gets to hang out with his hacker friends and have coffee with Emmit Smith while Raven ends up in the female version of 'Oz'.

• Love 1

I can't say that I'm proud that I remembered that.

I wonder if it will occur to Avery to feel mad at herself, because if she'd not spoken to hold Raven back at her hearing, her fate wouldn't hinge on the program Lil' Bow Wow just torpedoed (along with their relationship, presumably).

• Love 1
Techno-phrase of the week is: supercookie.

Isn't this the episode (I've already deleted it or I would check) where they kept using the phrase 'cyber-dust'?  Maybe that should have been the techno-phrase of the week.

• Love 1

Isn't this the episode (I've already deleted it or I would check) where they kept using the phrase 'cyber-dust'?  Maybe that should have been the techno-phrase of the week.

Krummie kept saying 'digital dust' -- which is just as stupid as anything else he said during this episode.

• Love 1

I wondered when Avery's attempt to falsely hold on to Raven was going to come back to haunt her.  If I remember correctly, Avery admitted to DB that if she had spoken she would have had to tell the truth, which would have set Raven free.  They should have just let Raven graduate and offered her a job. 

Lil Bow Wow can leave as far as I am concerned. Not for the actions in today's episode - because being freed for an illegal search is displaying a really important right and protection all of us have.  I want the character to leave, because the character doesn't do anything for me. 

This show keeps talking down to us, and it is ridiculus.