Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Hearing

What's really sad is that they established in the first few seasons that Diane has a tendency toward paranoia about who might be plotting against her. They could have easily used that to construct a much better, more organic story. But this isn't the same crew of writers.

So Diane wants Alicia to buy out Cary so she can become the new named partner and create a women-partner firm.  So what are they going to do about David Lee?  What about all the other male partners?  Cary isn't the only male partner.

I didn't get what Jason was going to do with the recording of the con-man day trader.  He couldn't use it as evidence against the guy for a criminal trial.  Was he threatening to beat the guy up?

I didn't really appreciate the attempt at "humor" that Eli wanted to use the handicapped bathroom to eavesdrop when real handicapped people needed to use it.

Where did the theory that this Locke kid was Peter's love child come from?  I just assumed that the kid's father promised Peter a nice campaign contribution.

Doesn't Alicia have a doorman?  Pretty poor service, if so.

Doesn't Alicia have a doorman?  Pretty poor service, if so.

I think we've determined that Alicia lives in the only high-end condo in Chicago without a doorman. Either that, or she stiffed him on a tip at Christmas.

• Love 3

I think we've determined that Alicia lives in the only high-end condo in Chicago without a doorman. Either that, or she stiffed him on a tip at Christmas.

Based on how often they have used this "joke" this season, I think Alicia's doorman is too busy listening in on conversation through the vent system to actually pay attention to who is walking into the lobby.  

• Love 3

I was an associate at several large reputable law firms and I can guarantee you that almost all law firms are like this. The partners are always back stabbing and fighting with each other. They are always lying, hiding things, and manipulating. They are always breaking up and forking this own offshoot firms. (Alicia coming back, and Cary becoming partner so soon, likely wouldn't happen in real life though. The power plays between Diane, David Lee and any other longstanding partner of the firm though... Definitely.) They are lawyers. We don't have the best reputations, for good reason...

That being said the show doesn't have to be SO true to life. There could be one or two good people. Not Cary. Not Diane. Certainly not Alicia. Who are we supposed to LIKE or root for in this show? Eli? He certainly isn't blameless. His daughter Marissa? Maybe. Luca Quinn? Maybe. Elsbeth? She's annoying but kind of awesome. And the brother also amuses me when he doesn't annoy me. Otherwise I hate them all.

• Love 2

Seeing these are the final episodes for this series, it's really pathetic and embarrassing. The Alicia brother/mother story was stupid. I'd rather see more of the investigation by the grand jury and the backstabbing among the partners. But the side stories are nonsensical.

It's a rare network show that can pull off 7 quality seasons. Either the premise isn't strong enough, or the actors get bored/demanding. And so it is with The Good Wife. The first 3 or 4 years of this show it really was one of the best things on TV, and I've been sticking with it more out of habit than anything else.

One of the few shows I thought remained pretty good for an extended period of time was ER, but if you look at that show, the hospital was the star, and every major character from the early years left, and was replaced by someone with a fresh storyline. Not that I think Juliana Margulies was stupid to leave, but it was an example of a character having nowhere else to go. They gave her a good sendoff, and in the last couple of episodes gave the 'shippers something to gladden their hearts. 

I'm hard-pressed to think of ways they can give us a good ending on this show.