Type keyword(s) to search

Little Big Shots Starring Steve Harvey - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Edited by Drogo

I wasn't planning on watching this, but I turned on the TV and it was just starting and I got sucked in.  I loved all of the acts and all of the interviews.  Steve Harvey has chemistry with everyone!  And those kids were all freaking adorable.  You almost have to think somehow this thing is rigged because, seriously, they were so talented it was hard to believe they were actually randomly performing.  I don't know if I'll watch regularly, but I found it totally enjoyable.

• Love 4

I hadn't planned to watch it either but there was nothing else on. But I ended up loving it. The kids were so cute.

And so funny. I also liked Steve's expressions what the kids were saying. They really were funny. And cute.

• Love 1

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would - the kids were, for the most part, adorable and Steve Harvey was great.

I especially liked the little boy who was a huge Bruce Lee fan - his giggle was so infectious.  I was very impressed with his ability to mimic Bruce Lee’s movements and facial inflections.

The basketball kid had me rolling when he asked why there were three girls sitting in the front and weeping tears when he asked Steve where his balls were.

This looks like it could be a pleasant way to kill an hour on Sunday nights.

• Love 3
I especially liked the little boy who was a huge Bruce Lee fan - his giggle was so infectious.  I was very impressed with his ability to mimic Bruce Lee’s movements and facial inflections.

I also liked when he was hanging over the back of the couch.

• Love 1

I missed most of the first episode but tiny Bruce Lee boy is adorable. I want to hug him and but him an ice cream. His mimicry of Bruce Lee's moves and expressions was quite impressive. And it was so cute to see him all serious when he was performing then dissolve back into a giggly little boy a second later.

• Love 3

Haha, my brother is nice to me when mama or daddy gives me a whooping. Ah kids say the darndest things. Mom was lucky dcf didn't come on TV and arrest her.

I missed the first segment, but thought the talent on this one wasn't quite as impressive as last week. But the two salsa dancing kids were so darned cute I couldn'the stand it. I love when kids just look so happy. And all of the kids have been so sweet and polite, it's really a fun little show to waste an hour on a Sunday night.

• Love 2

The four year old piano player was pretty amazing.  And I had to laugh at the kind of blank look on his face when people applauded, as if to say, "What's the big deal?"  He is too young to really appreciate the gift that he has.

• Love 2

I missed the first segment, but thought the talent on this one wasn't quite as impressive as last week. But the two salsa dancing kids were so darned cute I couldn'the stand it. I love when kids just look so happy. And all of the kids have been so sweet and polite, it's really a fun little show to waste an hour on a Sunday night.

I, much like Mr. Harvey was tickled at how the little girl was sitting with her legs crossed and hands primly placed on her knees.

• Love 2

I think I'd like this show better if they didn't cut to Steve Harvey so much while the kids are performing.  I don't care about his reactions -- just show me these talented kids!

But I do love his reactions when he's just sitting there, chatting with them.

• Love 1

Totally agree with Browncoat. I hate, hate, hate that the camera keeps cutting away to Harvey. He's being paid to host this show and love all the kids whether he does or not, so all of his "I'm laughing so hard, these kids are so cute" closeups could have been filmed last month and spliced in at random. I want to see the kids, not those real-or-fake Harvey edits.

Then there is the ADHD camera work. First, a close up of the dancing kids, then cut to Harvey, then show the full stage, then cut to Harvey, then cut to some camera up in the rafters somewhere, then cut back to the kid's face, then feet, then Harvey ... GAH! Makes me seasick. What happened to the good old days when people got to actually SEE the performance all the way through. All the talent shows use the same jump-around camera work, making the performances so chopped up no viewer can tell if it was really good or not.

The interviews are great, though, and those make me LOL. Why not leave Harvey's closeups to those segments? (Except he probably has something in his contract that he gets X closeups per episode.)

• Love 3

Harvey's closeups are based on the fact that his reacting (over-reacting) is very famous and lauded on Family Feud. 

Hey, that Assistant girl is back again (hasn't she been in all 3 episodes?). Why is she never credited?

Edited by Kromm

I'm enjoying watching this with my grandkids. They liked the little girl who hypnotized the animals, except they all said anyone could train a dog to do that. But the frog, lizard, chicken and bunny..that really impressed them.

My two princess obsessed granddaughters LOVED the carriage and little horse (I thought it was dumb..LOL)

But we all generally find one or two acts we like, even if we don't agree on our favorites :)

Edited by ChiCricket

I wonder if sometimes the kids are coached on what to say ?

I definitely think so. Some lines seem scripted, designed to set up a funny comeback from Steve. No way would the little ventriloquist last night have thought to say, "This is so awkward" without some coaching.

• Love 1

I don't care if they are coached. But, honestly don't need to think about the inner mechanics of reality type shows. I just want to enjoy it as is. This show just leaves a smile on my face every week. Don't mind the cutbacks to Steve either. I love how into the performances he gets.

• Love 4

Wow.  I really hate little kids TV shows, and I had no desire to see this.  But are the ads supposed to make me want to see it, or hate it even more?  The ad where the little kid "mayor" tells the audience, "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to Steve Harvey!" makes me want to get out a paddle.  We're encouraging kids to be brats these days, aren't we?

I really love this show, it's such a harmless way to enjoy an hour on a Sunday night. Really did not expect to like it so much, but there you go. Oh and count me with those who enjoy Steve's reactions, they are similar to the old Cosby and Linketter versions, but I think Harvey has even more chemistry with the kids if that's possible.

• Love 2

I agree with you Rick Kitchen.  I didn't see the episode, but hearing that little brat telling the audience to not interrupt him made me nuts.  I'm sure he's a delight to his teachers!

I agree with you Rick Kitchen.  I didn't see the episode, but hearing that little brat telling the audience to not interrupt him made me nuts.  I'm sure he's a delight to his teachers!

That is one of the reasons why I think the kids are coached on some of the things to say.

I can't even begin to get upset about the things the kids say on this show. Especially in one sound bite. That kid that said don't interrupt was also one of the sweetest kids they've had on the show yet. He was just playing his Mayor role.

I love when the kids seem to genuinely love Steve and how they get when he says how much he likes them. I don't care what's coached and what's not but they always feel so sweet and genuine in those moments.

• Love 5

Mr. SongBird and I watch every Sunday, love the kids and we are big SH fans.  Watch FF almost every night with supper.

These kids are amazing and I love the fact they get a showcase for their talents.  Bruce Lee kid was adorable as was the piano kid.  4yrs old and only playing 3 mos?!?  Anybody ever heard of Mozart?  Damn......  I loved when Steve apologized to his kids..."I let you down" ....;-)

A place to discuss Season 2 of "Little Big Shots with Steve Harvey."

A charismatic worship leader, a 5-year-old who can recite the Gettysburg Address, a young singing sensation, a science wiz, a basketball phenom and an anatomy expert are featured in the Season 2 premiere.

Edited by Drogo
Combined episode threads.

Included: a 4-year-old girl who cut her own hair, becoming a viral sensation in the process; a dance duo; a young female drummer from Brazil; a blind singer; an animal caller; and acrobatic roller skaters from China.

On 4/2/2017 at 8:50 PM, Babalooie said:

Did anyone get the impression that the kid who recited Shakespeare may have been autistic?  Something about his rate of speech and tone of voice made me think so.

CAN YOU DO THAT?

Yea. I didn't Think So.

If that's a disability, then its a good one to have .  Alleged Autism trumps Obvious Ignorance in this case.