Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: All You See Is Dark

That's because this basic story was a SVU episode from season 10.

It was also a LifetimeCBS film with The Actor Then Trying To Make His Name Known As Rick Schroeder in 1990.

(Spoiler alert--for the 25+-year-old film, not the show--in case you watch Lifetime-esque movies for their unpredictable twists and turns)...

Having now read some detailed plot summaries, I guess it's not QUITE as similar as I thought; I really only remembered that it starred Schroeder, was cheesy enough that I've always recalled it as being on Lifetime, and was about a young man's arriving many years after the woman's son had been kidnapped, claiming to be him. I guess I thought that the "is he or isn't he?" was the more central plot line/mystery, but it seems as though the answer to that becomes fairly clear early on.

Still, I thought of it immediately when I first heard about this show (and, now, its resolution to his connection in a few variations of one theory I've seen in some people's speculations as to Whether This Is THE Adam).

• Love 1

There was a Lifetime movie this past year with the same plot of a boy coming home after being missing for years and there were signs he was lying. There was one about a missing girl too, which was basically the same movie, but with a different ending.

So it's certainly not an original concept.

, she also ordered a drink -- a double -- when the brother explicitly said he didn't want one.  Did she Roofie it as well?

I was thinking at that point that Bridey might have had something to do with the original kidnapping.