Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Episode Three

I watched the BBC version and y'all are complaining about the same things we were complaining about, so I would imagine if it is trimmed, it's not by much.

• Love 1

With regard to the opening scene and the suicide, the 11:00am alarm and the henchmen's wife throwing a fit, I just wave off what I don't follow and try to keep up on what's interesting. It's only six episodes and I generally like the series well enough to watch it all the way through but some of these dramatic miscues need to be tightened up.

Oh, and I laughed at the printed documents Pine found in Roper's desk. Why would those be lying around, even under lock and key, when they could just as easily be stored behind encrypted software?

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:42 PM, scrb said:

For a world-class criminal mastermind, he hides the key to the kingdom in an Altoid tin, not have some advanced biometric unlock?

Or better yet, have just soft copies on his phone, which is always on his person, no iCloud backups.  LeCarre is still tied to the 20th century notion of a smoking gun in the form of a paper trail.

Woah. Le Carre wrote the original story in 1993, so anything new was adapted. Frankly I wish they had left it there, but new audiences often have issues with imagining a less interconnected world.

I agree they didn't do a consistent adaption for the current era.  For instance, in episode 4 they still use paper and then shoehorn in some high tech thing.

Anyways, it's an illegal arms deal so why are they signing paper contracts with forged identities?

On 5/17/2016 at 8:59 PM, Amethyst said:

Does anyone know what kind of dogs Roper had?  I thought they were golden retrievers, but they seemed kind of small.

Looked like english cocker spaniels to me.

On May 4, 2016 at 9:34 AM, attica said:

I loved all of Tom Hollander's scenes. So very bitchy, it's a delight. His little sing-songy "I knowwww!" made my night.

I know! I have not watched beyond this episode, but I'll be sad if he goes away (as it looks like he might).

• Love 1