Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Into the Schwarzwald

What makes Renard's transition much more believable than Adalind's supposed transformation are the following factors: (1) Renard didn't make a complete 180-degree switch -- he went from dark gray to off-white; (2) there was an explanation for his sudden change that makes sense within the world of the show -- the purification potion; (3) the other characters did not trust him quickly after the change -- arguably they trust him more now than they used to, but they still keep him at arm's length most of the time. None of these hold true for Adalind. To me, the third is the most troublesome, as it makes the implausibility spread to the other characters.

One of the more frustrating aspects of the situation is that I actually like Adalind as a character, think CC is a good actress, and think there could be an interesting redemption story for Adalind. I'm just sad that they don't seem to be writing that story.

I think there are three reasons for this and the first one has to do with Nick not getting the response that he wanted from Renard after Trubel, Agent Chavez, his Mom's head and the not dead special snowflake went missing.  In other words, Nick was in a snit that his boss did not immediately hold his freaking hand.  What a jerk.  Renard was already dealing with killing three people and finding out that Nick was communicating with Kelly, which is how the special snowflake was able to get Diana back in town where she ended up with King Frederick.  The third reason has to do with Nick being able to raise his kid with Adalind, while Renard only held Diana two or three times, so there could be some animosity on the part of Renard.  Let's not forget, it was Kelly that (IMO) manipulated Renard into giving up Diana so that she could be a mother again.  Kelly told Nick that all she had were LOTS of regrets and we should hold onto the people that we love and then she basically turns on a dime once she sees Diana and a chance to be a Mom again.