Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Save The Dates

Artsda

Steve is starting to wear a little thin. I liked the Twister competition and DJ's competitiveness. Nice throwback to her beating Michelle at everything in the one episode of Full House.

Jodie really does have a pleasant singing voice. Another same sex kiss? Really surprising for this show.

I'm not a fan of Kimmy and Fernando getting back together..especially with the whole birthday wish thing, that gives kids going through a divorce the wrong message, in my opinion.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3

Kimmy and Stephanie made out. Wow, never thought I'd see a day where those two make out. They've had Steve and Matt kiss and now them. As cheesy as it is, this show is managing to surprise me. 

Stephanie's still the best part and still the one that acts the most like a real person. I do like her continued bonding of the middle children. 

Steve was better in this one, but he's still kind of weirdo. And not in the Kimmy Gibbler way. Fernando is just annoying. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I like that Steve admitted he's trying too hard. They're cooking and singing scene was cute. He works well with the kids. I could see him as a good stepfather.

I really like Kimmy and Fernando's relationship. That was cute.

OMG Kimmy/Steph kiss!

I realize for each of these eps, I have had nothing to say about the kids.

• Love 2

It never even occurred to me (outside of fanfiction) that Kimmy and Stephanie would ever make out. Not to mention that the premise of the whole "seduction" scene was ridiculous. Fine, Fernando was too nervous to sing so he wanted Stephanie to do it, but act it out on Kimmy for him? Whatever. Yet it was worth it because I could not stop laughing the whole time.

• Love 2

I like that Steve admitted he's trying too hard. They're cooking and singing scene was cute. He works well with the kids. I could see him as a good stepfather.

I'm torn between the two guys, but I liked Steve with the boys.  Since it hasn't gotten too serious with the other vet, I'm hoping that they'll eventually put DJ back with Steve, and since he's working with DJ, something might start between him and Stephanie.

• Love 3

I realize for each of these eps, I have had nothing to say about the kids.

The kids haven't really made their mark yet. Honestly I am not here for them anyway. The only one I found off putting was Ramona but that wore off quickly so now at least they are not ruining my good time. Maybe next season (Yay there is going to be a next season) the kids will have more of an impact or maybe the show knows what works.

• Love 2

Yeah, I agree that Fernando/Kimmy getting back together might send the wrong message to kids with divorcing parents. Not that the kids had anything to do with it, but that if you keep pushing, after two years of trying to get divorced, it will happen. 

The show seems to be leaning toward a message less about nostalgia, and more about looking to the past instead of moving forward. It show with Kimmy/Fernando, and it also is showing with DJ/Steve a little bit. It also doesn't help with the constant references to the original series. Although, the reference to DJ beating Steph at Twister was hilarious. I actually totally forgot about that.

Yes, Steve actually relaxed once he stopped focusing on their past and started creating new memories with DJ and her boys, but the message is still there, just hidden by all of that. Speaking of Steve, his appearance this episode got a lot better, but I am still on Team Matt. 

Max was, as usual, pretty great. My opinion of him has turned around quite quickly. And the Kimmy/Steph kiss was hilariously done. 

I'm torn between the two guys, but I liked Steve with the boys. Since it hasn't gotten too serious with the other vet, I'm hoping that they'll eventually put DJ back with Steve, and since he's working with DJ, something might start between him and Stephanie.

I'm just like, I get it. DJ'S the star. -eye roll- I want Stephanie to have a romance too! Deej gets two and Stephanie gets none? How rude!

• Love 2