Type keyword(s) to search

Person of Interest Quotes: "I do have a hobby - shooting people."

This'll be Hersh's memorial quote post: *sniff!*

[When Hersh kills the Decima goons instead of kneecapping them like Reese and Shaw...]

Shaw: Well I guess we're not going to question them.

Hersh: They were Decima. They'd go out a window before they'd talk.

[Hersh fires his pistol in the air to scare a cyclist off his ride...]

Hersh: I assume you know how to ride one of these? Be good, Shaw.

• Love 2

Shaw tied up - Root standing over her, ready to torture her

Shaw: One of the things I left out of my file. I kind of enjoy this sort of thing.
Root: I'm so glad you said that. I do, too.

• Love 2

Root: Oh, did you not hear about my chat with Control? She's fun... in an unnecessary stapedectomy kind of way. But I do miss music in stereo.

Here's one of my favorites, from season 2.  I miss Leon - hope we see him again,

Leon It's not like I'm still crying over Candi, but it's always the same story, you know? You find a girl you like. She's tall, she's pretty, and it turns out someone paid her to handcuff you to a bed so they could murder you.
John: Same old story.

• Love 4

Shaw: Hey, Eeyore.

Root: ?

Shaw: Where's the perky psycho? You're creeping me out.

Harold: It's remarkable how many firearms you can fit in that purse.

Root: One must accessorize.

Harold [to Root]: I'll do Google; you get Yahoo?

Shaw: Why should you vote for Governor Murray? Uhhh.......I don't know. He has lots of hair? He's been using Rogaine for decades and that shows a lot of foresight, right?

Fusco: If she's poking around in that head of yours, she's gonna need a Hazmat suit!

Harold: Whose car was that?!

Root: Someone who needs a really good mechanic.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 2
(edited)

Shaw: Some guy named Banks Van Hess did text Abel. A lot.

Reese: About what a stupid name Banks is.

Fusco: That's the victim's phone.

Walter: Yeah.

Fusco: Where's the tag?

Walter: ....

Fusco: Evidence tag.

Walter: The tag fell off.

Reese: Yeah, Lionel. It fell off.

Shaw: Harold, Bear's gone all Belgian supermodel on me and won't eat.

Harold: What's wrong?
Shaw: I think he misses you.

Harold: Okay, put him on. Who's a good boy? You are, Bear. Now eat your breakfast.

Reese: What?

Walter: You're like a freaking superhero!

Reese: No, I'm not.

[shaw and Fusco drive up and do a slow motion walk]

Walter: Yeah, you are.

Walter: How do you do that with your voice?

Reese: Do what?

Reese: The man who called you on Abel's phone - could you tell anything about him?

Walter: Yeah, he was really really scary.

Fusco: Wow, good detective work.

Fusco: Good? I'm herniated. This super gun is super heavy.

Reese: Ow.

Shaw: Baby.

Walter: Am I gonna die?

Fusco: You got shot in the arm, not the head.

Walter: That was SO awesome. Ow.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Machine: Situation critical: simplifying simulation.

Reese: Coolly delivered sadistic warning.

Fusco: Self deprecating inquiry into the time necessary to infiltrate system.

Root: Funny yet insightful retort.

Finch: Mildly agitated declaration of mission completion. Gentle exhortation to further action.

Root: Overly affectionate greeting.

Shaw: Greeting.

Root: Transparent rationale for conversation.

Shaw: Annoyed attempt to deflect subtext.

Root: Overt come-on.

Shaw: Mildly embarrassed defensiveness bordering on hostility.

Root: Playfully witty sign off.

Shaw: Root, no offense. You're hot. You're good with a gun. Those are two qualities I greatly admire. But you and me together would be like a four alarm fire in an oil refinery.

Root: Sounds cozy.

• Love 10

John: "Shotgun!"

Root: "Hey John. Need a ride?"

Root: "Sorry, John. Places to be, people to kill!"

Harold: "If the time comes when I have to pull the trigger, all is truly lost." (Dun dun dun...total foreshadowing!)

• Love 1

I may edit this for accuracy later, I'm going off memory right now:

Root: Remember when you checked me into an asylum, Harold? Turnabout is fair play.

Harold: I don't recall ever dressing you like a homeless dope fiend.

Root: Oh, it's not that bad. You look more hipster than homeless.

• Love 2

Even better is when he asks her what the Machine told him to do.   "Just to tell the truth."   Oookay.   Then Root goes into her spiel about admitting him.   He realizes exactly what "tell the truth" means.   The look on his face RIGHT before he starts speaking is priceless.   Then Finch deadpans "It's not paranoia if they really are after you.   The Brotherhood, organized crime ... and of course, an artificial intelligence machine."   "I have many names, all based on species of birds."

The whole truth and nothing but the truth.   But to someone not in the know, sounds crazy as hell.    Bwahahahahahahahahaha.

• Love 4

Fusco: You look like hell.

Reese: Happy to see you too, Lionel.

Fusco: Maybe the next time you decide to take on a psychopath in the frozen tundra, you'll call your partner first.

Reese: Hey, you're right. You're a good detective. And a damn good friend.

Fusco: You have a temperature or something?

• Love 4
(edited)

Reese: What have we got?

Root: A clip and a half, a MetroCard, and God is either dead or running on double As.

The Machine: Can you hear me?

Reese: Hell yeah.

Fusco: That's Detective Fusco to you!

Finch: Are you out of your mind?

Root: Since when is that relevant?

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 5
(edited)

CONTROL:

Go back to the original system.

GARRISON:

What? Ingram's (machine)? So slick, it moved itself to who-knows-where?

CONTROL:

It never lied.

Edited by kahauna
  • Love 4

Harper: Just when I thought you couldn't look any worse.

Fusco: You should see the other guy's knuckles.

[Harper picks the lock on his handcuffs]

Fusco: That was kinda hot.

Harper: Yeah, let's go, champ.

Root: Recipe? We're not baking a cake here, Harold!

• Love 1

Reese: "What? Sugar is bad for you." to Finch after Reese knocked out the whozit who was trying to get the Oh Henry! chocolate bar from the machine that is the entrance to the subway/their headquarters.

Reese: "I don't speak nerd."

• Love 2

Elias: Well, I think that's far enough, don't you?
[Elias pulls a remote control out of his pocket and Easton's car explodes. Harold looks shocked.]
Elias: Come on, Harold. You brought me for a resaon. You must have known I'd do something like this.

• Love 2

"I wasn't talking too you."---Finch. Okay, the whole speech was great but that holds a special place to me. I realized it was coming, I couldn't wait, and Emerson's delivery certainly didn't disappoint.

"I'm just protecting a number"---Reese. Because he most certainly was not. I love that it took Finch's number for Reese to demand going on the offensive, then Finch took it to to the whole other level when people starting dying. They're such a team.

(edited)

Harold: I didn't give the machine a name because I imagined that one day, it might wish to choose one for itself.

Student: I looked up your credentials, Professor Whistler. Your work on discourse analysis is impressive.
Harold: Thank you.
Student: You're quite welcome. But you've yet to be published on the subject of disambiguation. Knowing that, how are you qualified to give me a B-?
Reese: Office hours are over.
Student: Professor Whistler was just about to change my grade.
Root: This paper's a C- at best. And that man is not your professor. He's an architect of the future.
Harold: Mr. Reese, what's going on?
Reese: We have a new number.
Harold: Whose?
Reese: Yours.
Student: Excuse me, what about my grade?
Reese: You failed.

Root: Grab some guns, Sameen. You'll feel better once we shoot some people.

Elias: Pardon the smell. This used to be a meth lab.

Elias: I'm in your corner 'til the end.

Shaw: That's supposed to make me feel better? I'm a shape?

Shaw: You flirt at the most awkward times.

Root: These guys are really pissing me off. Can you get me the 338?
Harold: 338?
Root: The really big gun. And a hair scrunchie.

Root: I walked in darkness for a very long time until you guided me to the light.

Harold: I have played by the rules for so long.
Federal agent: Not from where I'm sitting.
Harold: No, not your rules. You work at the behest of a system so broken that you didn't even notice when it became corrupted at its core. When I first broke your rules, a sitting president had authorized assassination squads in Laos and the head of the FBI had ordered his men - YOU - to conduct illegal surveillance on his political rivals. Your rules have changed every time it was convenient for you. I was talking about my rules. I have lived by those rules for so long, believed in them for so long, believed that if you played by the right rules eventually you would win. But I was wrong, wasn't I? Now all the people I cared about are dead or will be dead soon enough, and we will be gone without a trace. So now I have to decide, decide whether to let my friends die, to let hope die, to let the world be ground under your heel all because I played by my rules. And I'm trying to decide. I'm going to kill you. But I need to decide how far I'm willing to go, how many of my own rules I'm willing to break to get it done.
Federal agent: Look, you want to add threatening the life of a federal agent to your file, I will draw up those charges right now. No waiting is required.
Harold: I wasn't talking to you.

[pay phone rings]
Root's voice: Can you hear me?
Harold: Root?
The Machine: No, Harold. I chose a voice.

• Love 1
(edited)

Shaw, from 511

"I have made a decision-this simulation SUCKS!"

"I missed on purpose, jackass!"

"Most of all, I'm angry that you have people you can love, and you chose to sign their death warrant."

Edited by StarBrand
(edited)

Fusco: I always knew you'd be the end of me.
Reese: Sorry I got you into this, Lionel.
Fusco: If you didn't get me into this, I never would have cleaned up my act. Because of you, I'm a better man, a changed man.
Reese: So what'd you do with Agent LaRue?
Fusco: Left him in the trunk. I guess I haven't changed that much.

Reese: I guess I owe you one. Figure I'll pay you back all at once.
Harold: Don't take too long. You might miss your chance.

Harold: The suspense is killing me - in addition to the gunshot wound.

Harold: Good luck. Goodbye then.
Shaw: I guess Finch isn't a fan of sappy goodbyes either.

Reese: Try not to die.
Fusco: Yeah, I love you too.

Guard: State your name and business.
Harold: My name is Harold and this is a thermonuclear weapon. Please don't. The bomb is paired with a heart rate monitor. If anything happens to me, it will detonate. Your name is David. Your wife Molly and your son Tyler live in Astoria, well within the blast radius so if you could just evacuate the building and notify the FBI, I'd be most grateful.
[guard nods, Harold and Reese walk past him]
Reese: Your "heart rate monitor" looks a lot like a FitBit.
Harold: The Machine doesn't think I get enough exercise.
Reese: I like this new side of you, Finch. It's terrifying, but I like it.

Reese: It's knockout gas. Not as much fun as your thermonuclear device but it's effective.

Shaw: Your field of fire is ninety degrees to either side of that entrance. If we get into fire, just lay suppressive fire across there.
Fusco: You know I'm a cop, right?
Shaw: If we were eating donuts and shooting cardboard cut outs, you would be in charge.

Reese: How's it going, Finch?
Harold: The shooting is a little distracting.

Machine: There's something else I wanted to tell you before I'm gone.
Shaw: Is this the part where you tell me that I should live out the rest of my days in peace? Grow an herb garden or something?
Machine: No. I chose you for exactly who you are. But there is something I think Root had wanted to say to you. You always thought that there was something wrong with you because you don't feel things the way other people do. But she always felt that was what made you beautiful. She wanted you to know that if you were a shape, you were a straight line, an arrow.

Harold: When I hired you, I suspected you were going to be a great employee. What I couldn't have anticipated was that you would become such a good friend.
Reese: You won't make it down from that rooftop alone.
Harold: I don't intend to. I'm afraid this is where our partnership ends. Goodbye, John.

Harold: Are you sure this is the right place?
Machine: Yes, this is where you're supposed to be.
Harold: No, none of these dishes are capable of transmitting to the orbit. This is the wrong building.
Reese: Right building, Finch. For you.
Harold: John, what are you doing?
Reese: Me and the machine have had a long standing arrangement, a deal. I told you I'd pay you back all at once. It's the way I like it.
Harold: No, I told you - it's supposed to be me, alone.
Machine: Sorry, Harry. A deal's a deal. You know as well as I do that he wasn't going to let you die.
Reese: You should get moving, Harold. It's going to get a little exciting up here.
Harold: Mr. Reese? John, this wasn't supposed to be the way.
Reese: Sure it is. This is what I do, remember? When you came to me, you gave me a job, a purpose. I've been trying to save the world for so long. Saving one life at a time seemed a bit anti-climactic. Then I realized sometimes one life is the right life. It's enough. Goodbye, Harold.
Harold: No!

Machine: You need to go, Harry. You're kind of screwing up the big guy's plan if you bleed out up here.

Police officer #1: You know, it's true what they say. Everybody dies alone.
Police officer #2: Sure, everyone dies alone. But if you mean something to someone, if you help someone or love someone, if even a single person remembers you then maybe you never really die at all.

Blackwell: It was a job, nothing personal.
Shaw: I had a few jobs like that myself. In fact, a few years ago I would have just killed you without even a second thought. But then I met some people, some good people and they taught me the value of life.
Blackwell: Those people, they wouldn't want you to kill me.
Shaw: You're right. But they're all dead.

Shaw: Stab wound didn't hurt your appetite.
Fusco: Nice to see you too.

Shaw: I just came to collect my dog.
Fusco: Your dog?

• Love 4