Type keyword(s) to search

The Real O'Neals - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh no. :(

This is all but confirmation that the Real o'neals are sailing off into the sunset. We'll never know if Eileen and Clive tie the knot. Or how everyone else does. But I guess we can follow Pat into his new adventure.... Living Biblically.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/jay-r-ferguson-cast-cbs-comedy-pilot-living-biblically-1202054972/

Oh, and we can also follow Jimmy as he sails off to outer space.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/spaced-out-matt-shively-christine-woods-female-lead-nbc-comedy-pilot-1202053318/

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Big Mother said:

Oh, and we can also follow Jimmy as he sails off to outer space.

Ha! He's playing a genius.

I'll follow him anywhere. Shively turned a sort of nothing role on the page into one of the highlights of the show.

• Love 5

Most casting announcements/decisions on other projects are contingent on whether the current series is cancelled.  Actors typically commit to 7-year contracts for each project and future projects are aware of that.

That said, I don't hold out much hope for Season Three (although I suspect the Jenna Elfman female "Ted"-ripoff show is likely to draw even lower ratings).

At least we got 30 episodes.

this is terrible news. this show was fantastic in my opinion and a lot better than most of the crap on tv. really, kevin can wait, and whatever it is that joey tribianni is in, the big bang (which has run it's course) and the list goes on get renewed?. i'm saddened to hear this. shows like this are my escape. comedy therapy.

• Love 3

Not surprising, especially the way it was wrapped up.

This quote was in the comments of the linked story, and it's kind of true:

I really wish the two primary characters (Eileen and Kenny) had been more likeable. They were the least likeable and sympathetic characters in the whole cast. The other siblings and the dad were FAR better characters. 

I'll miss the rest of the family, but not so much Kenny.

• Love 1
On 5/13/2017 at 4:07 PM, SmithW6079 said:

I really wish the two primary characters (Eileen and Kenny) had been more likeable. They were the least likeable and sympathetic characters in the whole cast. The other siblings and the dad were FAR better characters. 

I thought they were great as well as the entire rest of the cast. I guess this show was too good as much of what is on tv is garbage. sigh....

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

I thought they were great as well as the entire rest of the cast. I guess this show was too good as much of what is on tv is garbage. sigh....

I like Eileen and Kenny too. They had flaws but they learned and grew. Eileen learned to accept Kenny and the world out there. Kenny's selfishness is often called out and he realizes they are right (like the time he ignored his best friend for his boyfriend)

• Love 2