Type keyword(s) to search

The Mother/Daughter Experiment: Celebrity Edition - General Discussion

• Start Topic

When she got going, and Natalie laid into her, I suddenly got a glimpse of Natalie's childhood. I think that's probably how she spoke to Natalie as a child and the chickens have come home to roost. One day Natalie got big enough to physically intimidate her, but until that point I'm thinking she was the bully.

I respect this perspective. It could be completely true. But I saw something different. I felt like mom has been forced to get tougher and nastier because she cant keep up with her daughter. I saw mom trying to "outnatalie" Natalie. These people need a real therapist.

Plus I think she is freaking sick of Natalie boozing her way through 7 weeks under the same roof. It was rare for Josie to be joining the girls.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 2

I woke up to this on Lifetime in the middle of the night (won't admit to seeking it out and watching) and missed Krista (can't believe she didn't spell Courtney with a K) confessed to what? I'm assuming hitting on Court's husband. And speaking of the husband what's up with his tween behavior with the dog. So affected and odd, what is he twelve? Anyway I really want to know what Krista fessed up to. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Well, first she admitted to being "emotionally attached" to a 16 yr. old former boyfriend of Courtney's. She said, "I was vulnerable. He flirted with me. I didn't stop him." It sounded like there was more than an "emotional attachment." Apparently, the boyfriend told Courtney, but her mother denied it. There was also another former boyfriend she did the same thing with.

Later in her session with the therapist, she apparently said she had an emotional affair with Doug as well. I didn't actually hear her say this, but the therapist said it. She did apologize to Courtney and say she was "unable" to have the boundaries she needed to because she was empty inside and vulnerable. She also many times tried to shift the blame onto Doug and claimed he was the one initiating things. Yecch.

• Love 4

I have to say the enraged Natalie bit in the hall, screaming for everyone to keep their doors open seemed real to me, even though her reaction was way over the top. However, the nonsense this week with her mom and the bathroom mirror was so totally fake that it was ridiculous.

As exasperating as Natalie often appears, I loved it when she was going off in her TH about Krista's thanking everyone and telling them they were wonderful after her confession to the "emotional" affair with Doug. "This is not an acceptance speech. You didn't win an award!" LOL

Edited by renatae
  • Love 5

I'm distracted by some of the crazy make-up. Courtney's is the worst. Her full on pancake makeup is the wrong shade, so she is this floating yellow head on a normal colored body. Natalie's is doing that as well. 

Krista demanding that Courtney forgive her because she is being "hurtful" made me want to smack her. Krista needs to disappear. Forever.

• Love 2

Has Krista ever demonstrated any actual human emotions on this show? I'm not exaggerating. I don't even get the sense she's genuinely frustrated that people aren't buying her act. She seems to have adopted the intonations of some emotions but they're not connected with her body language or facial expressions. It's like she's an alien trying to pass as a human.

That's one of the hallmarks of sociopathology - imitating socially conventional behavior to get over on people, as opposed to actually feeling connections and empathy. She doesn't seem too good at it - it's a wonder Courtney actually does seem relatively emotionally balanced.

We've even had scenes where other cast members tell Krista what she needs to do, and she just robotically thanks them and goes and does it... robotically.

• Love 5

Krista may be delusional....something is really off about this woman. I would love to hear an assessment of her done by a reputable psychiatrist who actually interviews/treats her. I find Krista and the Stoddens fascinating (psychopathology combined with a salacious story/context) 

I like Natalie's THs

• Love 3

I think a reputable psychotherapist would be focusing on helping Courtney establish clear and solid boundaries, but then a reputable psychotherapist wouldn't have been so openly salivating about Doug visiting. Boy was she thirsty for that.

• Love 5

I'm distracted by some of the crazy make-up. Courtney's is the worst. Her full on pancake makeup is the wrong shade, so she is this floating yellow head on a normal colored body. Natalie's is doing that as well.

Krista demanding that Courtney forgive her because she is being "hurtful" made me want to smack her. Krista needs to disappear. Forever.

It's driving me crazy that in some of the talking heads, Natalie's fake eyelash is falling off. Why didn't they let her know and fix it? I do like some of the lip colors Courteney is wearing though.

• Love 1

Has Krista ever demonstrated any actual human emotions on this show?

Sure. Defensiveness, self-righteousness, and frustration.

I wonder if it will occur to any of these women that this show (as trashy as it is) has exposed some real issues in their relationships and maybe they would benefit from real therapy.

On second thought. Nah. None of them will. Not one.

• Love 3

My tivo recorded some movie instead of the finale -- and says no new episodes are scheduled in the next two weeks.  So, did a show actually air this week?

For what it's worth, there's a bench warrant out for Kim Richards' arrest -- she hasn't proven to the court that she's been doing her AA meetings and community service.

• Love 4
On 02/05/2016 at 4:03 PM, kassa said:

My tivo recorded some movie instead of the finale -- and says no new episodes are scheduled in the next two weeks.  So, did a show actually air this week?

For what it's worth, there's a bench warrant out for Kim Richards' arrest -- she hasn't proven to the I hthat she's been doing her AA meetings and community service.

I have the same question about the final episode -- anyone know when it will air? I don't see it on the Lifetime website and don't see it listed in Lifetime's schedule over the next 2 weeks.

• Love 2
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:31 PM, halkatla said:

Where ARE sheiks finding 16 year old girls indeed!

I recall Krista using the term "sheik" as well, back when Courtney and Doug were on VH1 couples therapy.  I suspect she was using it as an older un-PC term to describe a man of Arab descent, not necessarily wealthy or a Royal, and Doug was just parroting whatever story she told him way back when.  Krista did get Courtney some sort of public access cable talk show a couple of years before she met Doug, and it apparently ran for a few episodes.  Wouldn't have been very hard for the perverts to see her on TV and find out where she lives and her phone number.  Krista is dumb enough to believe anyone who would claim to be rich or important, so she was likely encouraging any ol' perv who called looking for her daughter.

Why did they push off the finale for 3 weeks?  Did they have to bus the cast back in to re-shoot some scenes because what they had was so boring?

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 3:52 PM, BusyOctober said:

WHY for the love of God is that pervy, letchy, skeevy, no talent pedophile Doug the Human Slug going into the "Mother/Daughter" therapy house?!?

When Doug and Courtney appeared on the VH1 Couples Therapy Reunion, I'm pretty sure one of them said that they do reality shows as a package deal and their one exception was when Courtney went on Big Brother UK solo and that led to their separation.  So even if this is supposed to be a Mother/Daughter experiment, Doug comes along for the ride!

• Love 1

Glad to hear the finale will air.  Would hate for them to have done all this work and not let us see the beautiful, happy, emotionally solid relationships they've built with the fine professional assistance of Dr. Debby (or whatever her name is).

• Love 3
On 5/9/2016 at 10:32 AM, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

I recall Krista using the term "sheik" as well, back when Courtney and Doug were on VH1 couples therapy.  I suspect she was using it as an older un-PC term to describe a man of Arab descent, not necessarily wealthy or a Royal, and Doug was just parroting whatever story she told him way back when.  Krista did get Courtney some sort of public access cable talk show a couple of years before she met Doug, and it apparently ran for a few episodes.  Wouldn't have been very hard for the perverts to see her on TV and find out where she lives and her phone number.  Krista is dumb enough to believe anyone who would claim to be rich or important, so she was likely encouraging any ol' perv who called looking for her daughter.

Why did they push off the finale for 3 weeks?  Did they have to bus the cast back in to re-shoot some scenes because what they had was so boring?

I am very familiar with her hometown. It would be so easy to find her.

(edited)

My dvr is not showing the new episode on Friday anymore so I'm not sure when it will air. I'm tired of trying to follow this show when they can't make up their mind on when to air the finale.

Edited by amandabanana
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

So when is the final episode airing? What's up with the scheduling of this show?

Right?  And it's not even that I enjoy it all that much , or that I care deeply about what happens to these people, it's just frustrating to wait for it!

• Love 4
(edited)

I really wonder if the lack of finale is due to Kim Richards' legal problems. I know she was supposedly taking out in an ambulance on the show, and I wonder if her lawyers have filed something to stop the finale from being shown. Just speculation. 

Edited by JanD
Missing word
  • Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:51 PM, teapot said:

According to US Weekly, she's only 4 weeks along.  So she wouldn't have even seen an OBGYN yet.  They typically don't see you until 8 weeks at the earliest.  She's really jumping the gun here with her announcement.  I guess they're trying to shop a Baby Dourtney reality show and need this lead time to snag a production crew to record the big event. 

I can't wait to see her try to teeter around on 6 inch Lucite platform shoes trying to carry an infant car seat.

Lifetime probably canned the finale.  It's practically been a month since they aired the last one. 

• Love 3

From the Miscellaneous Celebrity News thread:

14 hours ago, kassa said:

Did you watch that celeb mother/daughter therapy train wreck show? I was astounded to learn [Courtney] Stodden seemed a thousand times more grounded and thoughtful than I would ever have expected. She was far from the most messed up person in that house, and frankly, seeing the nightmare who raised her? She's amazingly sane in comparison. If she can get away from her awful husband I think she has a shot at actual growth and a meaningful life.

I really didn't know anything about her but the broadest tabloid stuff, but she was nothing like I expected. Just a kid.

• Love 3

Kim and her lawyer are the reason the final episode never aired?  She's so damn pathetic.  

I don't watch the Housewives shows too often, are they really considering asking Kim back to the Beverly Hills show?  That just seems like a bad idea to me, I mean I love a good train wreck but Kim is just too much for me.  She's too much of a mess to even make a good train wreck.  I think the train would hit reverse and back the hell away from her. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 4/20/2016 at 10:57 PM, sleepyjean said:

I don't know anything about Kim Richards, but she plays the fragile victim like a master.

Then you know pretty much everything important to know about Kim Richards, and you are very perceptive!

ETA: Sorry, Maharincess, I didn't realize you said the same thing earlier!

Edited by renatae

We are in luck! Well, maybe. My DVR is set to record Ep.8 on Tuesday, July 5 at 4PM Florida time. The title is "Goodbyes are Never Easy". The original air date is listed 07/05/2016. The episode description is the general show description. Sounds like the last episode should air. There are no other showtimes listed and my DVR scheduled recordings list doesn't show any repeats at this time. 

• Love 6

I had completely forgotten about this show and the final episode just showed up on my dvr.  What a mess.  What a complete waste of everyone who was associated with this show's time (including/especially us viewers).  The "therapist" was a nobody with no skills and nothing was accomplished in terms of personal growth for the participants.  Such a friggin' joke. The pink lunch pails with stupid shit in them, each "customized" for a personal meaning.  Give me a cliché break.   Please, for the love of God, I never want to see Kim Richards, Heidi whatshername, Natalie whatshername or Courtney on my tv screen again.  thank you.

• Love 3

Some sort of resolution. Maybe. Well, at least they aired the last episode, for which I'm glad I wasn't holding my breath. Most memorable moment-Natalie correctly diagnosing Kim's vapors as manipulation to make sure Kimberly didn't actually distance herself.

• Love 1