Type keyword(s) to search

The Mother/Daughter Experiment: Celebrity Edition - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm probably just out of touch, but some of these shows really border on uncomfortable for me, not entertainment. This is one of them. I keep waiting for the Courtney Stodden thing to be a big joke. Her "husband" or whatever used to be a really good actor. He did creepy very well, which, ok now, makes sense. I'd rather see Ink Master covered than another one of these wanna be famous, too messed up for words, need rehab "families". But that's just me. If it floats others' boats, be my guest.

Heidi is already trying to hijack the show and make it all about herself.  Getting drunk before the show and "fighting" with that Bad Girls Club person seemed so transparent to me.  I also don't buy that she was so outraged about her mom saying her plastic surgery was terrible.  It was terrible, and Heidi only let herself be mutilated like that so the tabloids would talk about her.

I really feel bad for Courtney.  She's stuck in a marriage with an old man and a strange life all because her mom wanted a little taste of fame.  I think Courtney is pissed off at her mom for reasons beyond mom falling in love with Old Man Doug.

• Love 7

Josie is absolutely gorgeous.

So's Heidi's mom. 

I have no idea what happened to Heidi.  I'm remembering on The Hills, right before she got married, when Lauren went to talk to her, telling her that she used to light up every room, and she sees moments of it still.  That was really sad.

I don't know if she just does these shows in order to provide for herself.  I remember that she'd wanted a baby, but Spencer wasn't ready (which is probably a good thing.)  But I think she sees Lauren being successful, her sister married with a baby, and her life is kind of stuck, so maybe that's why she drinks.

• Love 2

I never watched The Hills but lately I've watched a lot of tv. Within the past two years I watched many seasons of Celebrity Big Brother UK. One season had Spencer and Heidi on it and I liked them on that show. Then I saw them on Marriage Reality Boot Camp (I'm a season behind on that show...god, this is embarrassing~all the trash tv I watch) and that is where Heidi and Spencer had the "story" of her wanting a baby. Now she is here with mother issues with a set up for a drinking problem show next (I bet that is what is going on...I watched UnReal and now how this shit works). Pretty clever of her to already be setting up her next reality show storyline.

So I watch a lot of cheesy reality shows including The Bad Girls Club. Most of the time I forget who is on what show and what season but Natalie's first season had her saying the following phrase over and over and over again that she was memorable (I RUN LA). Then she was on a spin off version of it (love games) and then on season where they brought back former bad girls (like the ultimate bad girl, lol). She was also on marriage reality boot camp with Heidi so I think their "fight" was scripted/fake. I think Natalie is a character and I find her entertaining (now that I don't think she is real). I loved her comment about wanting popcorn to watch the shit go down with the Stoddens.

Kim is still drunk and high as a kite imo. She manipulated her daughter to get her on the show...I don't think her daughter is the famewhore that Kim is. Kim should not be on tv.

I wasn't familiar with the rest of them and had to google Stodden (twisted). Char seems normal and maybe I will google her later. The not Cuervo people seem bland so far.

• Love 4

I never watched The Hills but lately I've watched a lot of tv. Within the past two years I watched many seasons of Celebrity Big Brother UK. One season had Spencer and Heidi on it and I liked them on that show. Then I saw them on Marriage Reality Boot Camp (I'm a season behind on that show...god, this is embarrassing~all the trash tv I watch) and that is where Heidi and Spencer had the "story" of her wanting a baby. Now she is here with mother issues with a set up for a drinking problem show next (I bet that is what is going on...I watched UnReal and now how this shit works). Pretty clever of her to already be setting up her next reality show storyline.

that's so interesting!  I think maybe I need to check out Unreal, reality junkie that I am!

I think, though, there might be a little  more to Heidi's drinking...she drank instead of working when she was on that restaurant show with (god help me) Danielle Staub & Mike Boogie, everyone who follows her on snapchat says she's always tipsy when she's on, and in an interview, she was drinking margaritas & got a little wasted.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/10/spencer-pratt-heidi-montag-after-the-hills

maybe it's just the typical twentysomething phase (although she might be almost thirty now, shockingly I don't actually know) but lady likes her booze!

• Love 3

that's so interesting!  I think maybe I need to check out Unreal, reality junkie that I am!

I think, though, there might be a little  more to Heidi's drinking...she drank instead of working when she was on that restaurant show with (god help me) Danielle Staub & Mike Boogie, everyone who follows her on snapchat says she's always tipsy when she's on, and in an interview, she was drinking margaritas & got a little wasted.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2015/10/spencer-pratt-heidi-montag-after-the-hills

maybe it's just the typical twentysomething phase (although she might be almost thirty now, shockingly I don't actually know) but lady likes her booze!

Interesting article. I guess since I didn't watch The Hills (I was working insane hours) I don't have the negative feelings towards Heidi and Spencer. I do remember (back in the day) seeing them on the cover of US magazine and the like but that's about it. Interesting read (that link). I love geodes, crystals and rocks but I'm not into the crystal "mythology" or new-age stuff. Maybe she does drink or maybe they are planning ahead for a show (lol).

UnReal is an excellent drama. If you watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette then even better but it is not a prerequisite.

What is that restaurant show? Now I am interested....lol. Mike Boogie reminds me of Dr. Will (I also binged some the US BBs during the past few years) and Dr. Will was the best BB contestant imo.

• Love 1

Heidi/her mom and Courtney Stodden/her mom are obviously the draw for this show. Heidi showing up drunk was kind of a red flag. Her sister had a drinking problem too so its possible she could as well or maybe it just for TV.  Who knows. I watched Moesha so I am more familiar with Shar Jackson and was actually intrigued hearing her feelings about the Kevin Federline/Britney Spears situation. It was over a decade ago now and a tabloid sensation but there were real people and kids involved so that was interesting to me. 

• Love 3

I didn't realize that Hedda Nussbaum was Natalie Nunn's mother...

OMG!  That is EXACTLY who I thought of too.  Kinda scary, huh? 

Since most reality shows are scripted and all these Z-listers have been recycled show after show, I guess it keeps losers like Heidi and Courtney away from the rest of society.  They are two of the stupidest, neediest, damaged people on the planet. 

Heidi is mad at her mother because her mom said she didn't "look good" after multiple plastic surgeries performed at once? I've seen people come out of one simple procedure that looked rough until the swelling went down.  After having head to toe incisions/injections/inflations, of course you didn't "look good", you nitwit!  You probably looked like you were in a car accident.

I don't know who Natalie or the baseball player's ex or Shar Jackson are, but Kim Richards has been a train wreck for years.  Too bad she's dragging her youngest kid into her fame whore lunacy. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Kim still seems drunk and high imo....but not as drunk and high (pills) as she usually does so that's a step in the right direction, lol. Kimberly doesn't strike me as a famewhore so I think her mom, Kim Richards, manipulated the hell out of her enabling daughter to get her to agree to do the show.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 10
(edited)

Courtney's mom claims that Doug wanted a sexual relationship with them both.

Courtney Stodden's mother has accused her daughter's husband of wanting a sexual relationship with both her and her daughter.

Krista Keller told Us Weekly that Doug Hutchison approached her when he was having marriage problems with her now 21-year-old daughter.

'

He was asking me to stay there with him and saying that he's had fantasies of having both Courtney and me,' she alleged.

'And so when he started talking like that, I thought, ''Oh, my God - this is headed in not a good direction.'' So I'm the one that actually decided to step away and encourage Doug to find help somewhere else.'

This disgusting woman couldn't figure out Doug was an inappropriate creep before she pimped out -- I mean allowed her daughter to marry an old man?  But now, according to the article, she regrets signing off on her daughter's marriage, not that I believe her.  If she didn't sell her daughter out for the lowest, seediest form of fame, this despicable woman wouldn't be on tv shows or giving interviews to US Weekly.

Edited by junemeatcleaver
  • Love 6

OMG, Hedda Nussbaum!  

I don't think Heidi's mom was commenting on her post surgical appearance.  She was commenting on her all dolled up look at my new face appearance, which is not the right time to say "your old face was fine, and you went and RUINED it!" which is pretty much what her mother said, if I remember correctly.  (I didn't watch the show, just followed tangentially)

Similarly, I know nothing about Courtney except what I read third party and grimaced at as her marriage and early married life unfolded.  I have to say -- she's a lot more sane and way less bubble headed than I would have expected.  I mean, she may well still be, but she's perfectly coherent.  I had expected the likes of Anna Nicole.  The mother comes off as far more icky.

Shocked at Shar's life paralysis post Federline.  She should have moved on to "dodged a bullet there!" since then.  I seem to recall seeing her on something 5 years ago and she was in a better emotional state -- maybe her daughter dating really is dredging stuff up.  She definitely needs real therapy.

Wonder how long the Nunn chick will let Kim slide on not addressing the gigantic alcoholic/addict elephant in the room. And SHE has to realize that she should have been pitching in with her mom, not bitching about Mom ignoring her.  (Though I will reconsider that if there were means to provide Hedda with some me time to spend with her daughter but Hedda chose martyrdom)

• Love 4

I didn't realize that Hedda Nussbaum was Natalie Nunn's mother...

LOL!!! Oh my god. I'm going to hell for laughing so hard at that.

I watched this episode and am completely ashamed of myself for contributing to the fame whore careers of a Beverly Hills junkie and a broke-ass narcissist married to a magic crystals loon. I don't know who the rest of them are and that's a good thing.

• Love 4

Shocked at Shar's life paralysis post Federline.  She should have moved on to "dodged a bullet there!" since then.  I seem to recall seeing her on something 5 years ago and she was in a better emotional state -- maybe her daughter dating really is dredging stuff up.  She definitely needs real therapy.

That might have been Celebrity Fit Club because I recall her saying that she was over him and that it was the media that assumed she still carried a torch for Kevin (Kevin and Shar appeared together during that season).  I kind of believe she is over him but the it gets dredged up by these shows because, let's face it, Shar's mostly only there to talk about Britney and Kevin and the fallout of that situation.

(edited)

Courtney's mom claims that Doug wanted a sexual relationship with them both.

This disgusting woman couldn't figure out Doug was an inappropriate creep before she pimped out -- I mean allowed her daughter to marry an old man?  But now, according to the article, she regrets signing off on her daughter's marriage, not that I believe her.  If she didn't sell her daughter out for the lowest, seediest form of fame, this despicable woman wouldn't be on tv shows or giving interviews to US Weekly.

Did she answer why she let her 16 yr old daughter marry a 50 yr old man ?  Also, why did she let her daughter get those huge breast implants ?

I hope she is encouraged to get rid of those huge implants.

Edited by stillhere1900
  • Love 1

Courtney Stodden. Oh my. No wonder she is so messed up....her mom is!! She looks soooo much older than 21.

Her vomiting? I sadly bet she is bulimic, and is using stress as an excuse on the show.

• Love 3

LOL!!! Oh my god. I'm going to hell for laughing so hard at that.

When a person replies to someone else's comment you can see the comment they're referring to in a box above their comment

I know that.  I just don't understand exactly 'what the poster was 'laughing so hard at"

She's laughing because it's funny. Natalie Nunn's mom looks exactly like Hedda Nussbaum.

Hedda Nussbaum murdered a child, so it's a little bit of gallows humor.

Does that clear it up?

• Love 4

Oh my.

I'm glad I decided to watch this after all, because now Courtney Stoddard makes sense to me. Her mother is disgusting! She pimped out her daughter, hit on her daughter's husband, constantly makes reference to Doug having asked her out first, then uses a therapy session as an advertisement for her management company. Gross. She seems like an awful person, probably the worst of the bunch, IMO. I get the impression there isn't a line she wouldn't cross for even the slightest amount of fame.

I agree with the poster who said Courtney is much more likable (something like that). She's still young enough where I have no issue with laying her issues right at the feet of Mommy Dearest. Thankfully, Courtney is young enough to turn it around. I have hopes she'll be OK, but dooming herself to live in some Z-list celebrity world, being straddled with an icky husband (unless it's the real deal, but that's a whole other convo, lol) and being used as a meal-ticket is probably not the best way to get there.

Natalie's mom was quite passive-aggressive in her video, saying that when people find out Natalie is her daughter they tell her Natalie is ugly and has a long chin. Yeah right. I don't believe that. People mentioning BGC, fighting, etc is believable, but the rest seemed like a personal attack. Again... Gross.

While the other duos may have been eye-rolling over Kim and her daughter never having missed an important moment, I actually believed them. I can honestly say my mother and I have never missed an important moment or had a time when one should have been there but wasn't. It's not saying the relationship is perfect, but it could be true. Maybe they could have phrased the question differently to make it a bit more encompassing /inclusive, because surely there are issues; that particular thing just may not be one of them.

I felt awful for Shar and her daughter. It's easy to forget that there are real people, children, real emotions behind things we read in tabloids. Shar and her daughter will most likely be fine. They seem pretty normal to me, especially when compared to the rest of the group.

Josie Conseco: Xanax use can cause major mood swings and anger, especially when abused, BUT, even without abuse, it can cause paradoxical anger and mania . It is a scary thing to witness, and I wonder if it contributes to her anger issues.

I know everyone is different, but for the most part benzos eventually stop working as well at the same dose, or at the very least one gets used to their dose. . Idk how long she's been prescribed the stuff, but being impaired enough on it to get a DUI is a bad sign. I won't make any assumptions, but I will say that she should be very careful.

• Love 3

She's laughing because it's funny. Natalie Nunn's mom looks exactly like Hedda Nussbaum.

Hedda Nussbaum murdered a child, so it's a little bit of gallows humor.

Does that clear it up?

Thanks. If there are any further questions I will go down to the station and submit a sworn statement to the Humor Police. ;)

• Love 4

How did Kim raise such a smart, sensible daughter?  I felt bad for Kimberly tonight.  She is tired of the whole Richards family let's-hide-our-secrets-and-pretend-it's-all-okay mentality, and Kim is such a selfish person.  This show has really emphasized how emotionally manipulative she is.  Kim also sounded like she may have been stoned in a few of those talking heads.  As a longtime housewives fan, I know a stoned Kim Richards when I see/hear one. 

Courtney is just so weird and ~off, and she and her mother seem to be putting on a show.   Same with Heidi.  Heidi is wailing and puking and really earning that paycheck.

I laughed at the Conseco daughter wearing a LBD and stilettos to her mother's gravesite.  Laughed again when that one mother said that she wanted to be cremated because she's claustrophobic.  Hilarious.  Her daughter is a sloppy, embarrassing drunk or on her way to becoming one.

• Love 8

I wonder how much longer everyone is going to avoid using the words "addict", alcoholic", "addiction" and "alcoholism" around poor widdle Kimmie.  Not even her own damned daughter can bring herself to utter these words.  And if Kimberly even dares to hint at the underlying cause of her worries about her mother, she is viciously attacked by dear old Mum.

Kim could barely keep her eyes open during some of her talking heads, and she was slurring.

Honorable mention for self centered mother of the year award goes to Courtnay's Mom.

• Love 10

Kim is a wretched, vile POS.  To tell her daughter that she ruined their relationship b/c she spoke honestly is just so beyond comprehension.  Kim's own mother apparently brain washed all her kids to "NEVER TELL!!!" when it comes to family secrets (see years of this over in the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills board).  Kim is so deep in denial about her own addictions I don't think she will ever be able to fully recover.  She's been hiding her pill and alcohol abuse for decades.  In the 80's and 90's she could get away with it.  But thanks to the internet, YouTube & TMZ, very little stays a secret anymore - especially if you are a quasi-celebrity and insist on trying to revive your D-list fame whore status by popping up on any "reality" show that will write you a check.  Kimberly comes across as very sane & capable despite living with her delusional mom all these years.  The poor girl should stay off TV, stay in college and distance herself from Kim.  Kim and her increasingly sloppy and bizarre behavior should not be Kimberly's burden. 

No words for Courtnay & her mother.  Those two vapid airheads make Kris Jenner and the Kardashian Klan look like the Algonquin Round Table.

• Love 9

I DVR'd this episode and I am not sure why I thought it would be any different than it was, and I am admitting that I am clueless about some of the "celebrities" but realize they are or were on other shows as the train wrecks I see on this show. 

Kim showed that after all that therapy in all thos rehabs she still flees, (or tries to) if she is uncomfortable with something such as going to the cemetery and the co- dependent relationship she has with her lovely daughter is not making me believe she has changed for the better.  I wonder if she will ever deal with things head on? I did love that odd way she held her hands up to her forehead while she faked cried. 

Just out of curiosity, who decorates the bedrooms?  For such a grand house the décor is really awful, there must be a glut of McMansions on the market ripe for reality show rental. 

• Love 3

I think the way Kim manipulated Kimberly into doing this show was by telling her how desperately she needs the paycheck.  Kimberly wouldn't want to "be the reason" her mother ran out of money or lost an opportunity for a "job", and Kim knows it. For many years Kim lived off of alimony and child support payments that are now over, so even though the last thing in the world she wants to do is talk about her personal issues on television, the sad truth is that it's the only way she has to make money now.  So she agreed to be shown on this season of RH of BH even though it was only to showcase her fractured relationship with her long-suffering sister Kyle (due to her addiction and behavior), and she did Watch What Happens Live, knowing that she would be asked about her arrests, her sobriety, etc., and she did this show somehow believing that it would just be a bunch of trust fall exercises and that she and Kimberly could keep their real issues under the rug.  I know it's incredibly painful and scary for her to have no choice but to go against everything she was trained to do and has done her entire life - discuss her shameful secrets in front of the world - just to make a buck.  It's really a very sad situation she's in, but when I saw how horribly she treated Kimberly on this episode I lost all sympathy for her.  Kim has to eat shit for a living now, but it's her own fault, these are the consequences for her actions, and she deserves to pay them, but her sweet daughter does not.  Kimberly probably figured you know what?  I'm feeling comfortable here, things are going pretty well, I'm going to go ahead and do what we are being asked to do, and tell my mom how I feel in a gentle way because this is a safe environment to do so, and then she was punished for it.  Good for Kimberly for standing her ground and refusing to leave every time her mom started manically packing and saying they were going to leave, I know that probably wasn't easy because their history has probably involved a LOT of frantic fleeing from situations that made her mom uncomfortable.  The second Kim starts to feel an icky emotion her instinct is to get mad and finger-pointy at whoever made her feel it, then storm away.  Kyle probably can't help but feel a bit of vindication that Kim's hideous reactions to Kimberly were shown, so that people finally got a glimpse into why maintaining a healthy relationship with Kim is impossible.

My life growing up was also about keeping all of the things going on in our family a secret.  I was an only child raised by a physically abusive parent who was a raging alcoholic with untreated bipolar disorder.  My other parent just stayed gone 99% of the time to not have to deal with any of it.  I was basically threatened with death if I dared to tell anyone what was going on in our house, and the façade presented to everyone "on the outside" was that we were fine, everything was great, definitely no problems here.  This meant that I had a lot of issues and confusion when it came to socializing, I was terrified to have friends over, I had no skills when it came to coping with negative emotions other than to just freeze in fear of saying something wrong and having the whole brick wall come tumbling down on my head.  Once, in a moment of desperation, I told a trusted teacher something that had been done to me.  The outcome was that I was portrayed to my teacher as a liar, and the punishment for that breach of secrecy was so severe that I never asked for help again, not even when police were called by our neighbors.  The list of secrets you have to keep over time just gets longer and more complicated, which can make you seem like a real freak to people who don't live that way, because even the most innocent question from someone would throw me into a tailspin, and I would completely freeze, too scared to answer for fear of saying something wrong.  It took me a while to understand that not everyone had to do this, and once I realized it I became even more afraid that one funny blink of my eyes would reveal something, might make people curious, someone might wonder what was wrong with me and start poking around.  To this day, my husband gets frustrated and sometimes asks before we see certain people "what am I not allowed to talk about?".  While I am MUCH better, and my secrets are mild and actually still are only about other members of my family and not myself, I know that it's something that will be ingrained in me forever.  I will always feel ashamed by and responsible for things that are not my fault, I will always have to fight the urge to hide when the doorbell rings or leave a social situation when someone's well-intentioned questions make me clench up, I will always want to present myself in a way that seems "perfect" even though I know it's impossible.  In spite of all this,  I came out of it rather "normal", considering everything.   So for me, Kimberly is the one I strongly relate to and feel most sorry for, even though their relationship is  portrayed as the "best" or "strongest" of the group.  I know that she will never be free of the fears and responsibility she feels for her mother (she will still feel this way even after her mother dies), but it's encouraging to see that at this young age she seems to be coping pretty well, and is able to see things as they truly are.  It would be easy to become codependent and not forge out into the world to live her own life because she "needed" to be there for Kim all the time, but she's not letting her mother keep her a total emotional captive, thank goodness.

I do also really feel for Heidi and Courtnay.  I never saw Heidi on The Hills and don't know what she looked like before all the surgery, but because I have nothing to compare her to I think she looks really beautiful now.  Considering how much bad plastic surgery happens out there, I think she came out well, but of course her mother isn't going to be in favor of so much change...who would want to see their child get a whole new face?  That could not have been easy, and it's not like Heidi was disfigured or even ugly before, I assume, because she wouldn't have been on a show full of pretty people if that were the case, so of course it would hurt her mom to see her do all this to herself unnecessarily.  But, Heidi would never have done it if she weren't so terribly insecure about herself, and obviously there isn't enough plastic surgery in the world to fix that.  Therapy is definitely what she needs, and I hope after this show she continued with more, either on her own or with her mom.  To me, she comes across as a sweet person who can't figure out how to be satisfied with herself, and clearly her mother is not great at making her feel "good enough".  I'm sure she tried in her own way, but sometimes parents just aren't able to be what we need, and this is why therapy exists.  I have hope for Heidi, and her mom isn't a giant asshole, so once Heidi finds a way to be happy with herself I'm sure their relationship will improve.  Courtnay on the other hand...I think the best thing for her is not to get closer to her mother, but instead to get the fuck away from her.  As far as possible.  Narcissism can't be cured and is nearly impossible to treat with success, and her mom clearly does not believe she has ever done anything wrong because narcissists never do, so Courtnay is never going to get what she needs from that vile woman.  I hope she can come to accept that and try to move forward without her.  I would also love to see her get out of that bizzaro marriage, get her gruesome implants reduced by a lot, find someone who can fix her hair, and then maybe find a nice guy closer to her own age.

I think the only actual problem in Natalie's relationship with her mother is that Natalie is a garbage person who is incredibly selfish and awful to be around.  What is a good thing about Natalie?  Can anyone think of one genuinely good, worthwhile quality that she has?  I sure can't. 

• Love 12

I am sure that I saw Natalie Nunn on Bridezillas, right?  She was awful.  Nothing entertaining about a bully.

I agree with the other posters that Kim looked stoned in her TH's.

No matter how hard I try not to watch the next installment of this mess I know I will. Oy vey, the crap I will watch.

• Love 3
I never saw Heidi on The Hills and don't know what she looked like before all the surgery, but because I have nothing to compare her to I think she looks really beautiful now.

I didn't watch her show, but she was everywhere in the media at the time.  She was a very pretty young woman who had zero reason to have anything done at all, and she got plastic surgery and became a generic big-boobed plastic surgery clone.  Picture somebody like Jennifer Lawrence going under the knife because of a desire to look "better."  No conscientious plastic surgeon would have ever touched her, let alone overhauled her.  I saw her on some reality show where they competed to own a restaurant or something and she actually seemed like a nice person.  But I agree that she's setting up the next reality show about her drinking.  

It's interesting that for as little as they give in therapy sessions, Kim and Kimberly are dishing out more than almost anybody else in real life broadcasting of their dysfunction.  Poor adult child of an alcoholic!  I think after Dr. Phil Kim's other kids were through with the drama and backed off in a big way. going the tough love route.  I seem to recall that Kimberly was the only one who was moving around with Kim during the period between her massive meltdown and her eventual rehab stint.  

Shar... let that child BREATHE! You need PTSD therapy.  You're not the first person publicly humiliated by a breakup. It's not endearing, or impressive, or a sign that you just love your child more than other people -- it's a major mental defect you need to address before you cause (additional) permanent damage to your adult relationships with your children.

And  I was shocked to learn there are other children (or at least one more).  How is she functioning without that/those kids while she's in this house?  Or is it just the daughter she's fixated on?  

Courtney's mother just continues to astound.  And while Courtney was moved by the cemetery scene, I wasn't.  She couldn't find a way to work in her management company, but she also didn't offer anything remotely self-implicating.  No "I'm sorry I overstepped boundaries with your husband evenifheinitiatedit" or "I haven't always put you first, and I know I should have thought more about what you needed from me as a mom and not a manager" but instead  "it was such a waste that we were estranged," "it was so stupid that we weren't talking."  Um, your kid stopped talking to you for REASONS, lady.

• Love 4

I have long been fascinated by Courtney Stodden. She came from a small town in my state and her whole story is so weird and sad. I think her and her Mom are the most dysfunctional and damaged of the whole group. I would prefer if Courtney wore clothes that weren't always on the cusp of falling off. Those off the shoulder shirts are driving me NUTS. I know its a minor thing but it keeps catching my eye, expecting a ginormous boob to pop out at any moment. Also, it seems like it might be fall or winter based on what others are wearing so it seems doubly ridiculous to be dressing in these teeny-tiny outfits. She does seem a lot more grounded than I would expect from her media persona, however. Still hard to say what is "real" and what is produced for public consumption.

• Love 5

If you're going to hell for laughing, GlowLights, I'll be there right beside you for making the association in the first place.

(Weird I think of it as local, when really it was shocking for its time and went worldwide.)

Kinda disturbing, that cash register masquerading as Courtney's mother. Almost makes Kim look like a stellar mom!  Yikes!

Some day Kim will 'fess up to what her "little bit of trouble" was. Maybe. Poor Kimberly. Could not believe how she made the fact that Kimberly has to worry about her dying to be something that is hindering her, Kim. Classic Kim.

This is far more messed up than I ever dreamed. It's hard to believe how much more mature most of these daughters are than their mothers.

And I hate those fake funeral things.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 3

I'm liking Courtney.  I want to scrape the makeup off her face so she doesn't look 40 years old, and I want her to get an apartment somewhere far away from both husband and mother so she can actually be her age for once in her life.  I'm assuming the husband will move on to a younger gal some day soon, so maybe she will get the chance before her youth is completely gone.

She's still got a chance to be quite an interesting adult woman, and not some sad statistic.  There's a lot more to her mentally than I ever would have expected.  

• Love 4

I agree with you, kassa. I've seen her in other shows (with her awful husband) and I really couldn't stand her. But on this show, she comes across as very likable. I feel so bad for her because her mother clearly doesn't give a shit about repairing her relationship with Courtney. For her, it's all about publicity and exposure and that is just sad because I believe Courtney's motives are somewhat pure.

• Love 2