Type keyword(s) to search

S22: Edyta Sliwinska

• Start Topic

I don't think this is an Anna situation where she was conceivably the best person to shepherd Gary Busey through last season with his particular set of challenges.

Hopefully they've brought her back because she made sense for someone with at least some level of talent (doesn't have to be ringer), because if it's an Ashly and Buzz Aldrin kind of thing, what's the point really?

Hopefully they've brought her back because she made sense for someone with at least some level of talent (doesn't have to be ringer), because if it's an Ashly and Buzz Aldrin kind of thing, what's the point really?

I hear ya on that one. PureDWTS was speculating that this was a case of a star requesting a pro, and for me that's the only scenario that makes sense, because Edyta coming back after sooo long is so out of left field - especially since Geraldo seems to be the type of star they would give Emma, and she's totally out this season.

Edyta was never my favorite dancer or cheorgrapher but I can say it makes me smile to see some of the old guard back. 

Also, Peta may like her outfits super-skimpy but she's going to be in another ballgame competing with Edyta who never met 18 inches of fabric she couldn't turn in to a full dance outfit. 

• Love 4

Who needs Edyta?   

It's ALL about me!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Fox_News_Token_Latino_Geraldo_.gif                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

• Love 1

I'm not a big fan of Geraldo, but I do like Edyta. I could see Geraldo outlasting Misha Barton, Marla Maples, and maybe even Kim Fields and Doug Flutie (if he is a really horrible dancer). He could turn out to be another Buzz Aldrin.

• Love 1

I'm not a big fan of Geraldo, but I do like Edyta. I could see Geraldo outlasting Misha Barton, Marla Maples, and maybe even Kim Fields and Doug Flutie (if he is a really horrible dancer). He could turn out to be another Buzz Aldrin.

At least Geraldo is still in shape. He doesn't move slowly like a usual 70 year old man and he still works out regularly. If he and Edtya are silly together, they could easily see a Tommy Chong or Bill Engvall placement. If Geraldo brings out his diva, he'll go pretty quickly.

"Some things stay the same
...Edyta Sliwinska, a favorite dancer who took time off to start a family, is back..."

So interesting how they're pushing this line about Edyta.  My recollection is that she asked for more money and they fired her.  So far as I know, she never contradicted this story.  Anyone?

Oh and then I stumble across this line on a gossip site today:

"Rumour has it that when she didn't get the partner she wanted for Season 11, she was dropped"

Edited by crowceilidh

I thought it was more about money and getting Alec back to being a guaranteed pro spot.

"Rumour has it that when she didn't get the partner she wanted for Season 11, she was dropped"

I'd be more interested to see who she wanted to pro. Because none of the male celebs that season were particularly memorable (or looked good insofar as being able to win on paper). Or was it someone that ultimately didn't compete?

Was it worth getting Edyta back to have to put up with Geraldo?

Okay. Maybe it was. I mean nobody on the show ever ALMOST wore outfits like Edyta. I'm sure her version of a Mom body simply means the front chassy is just even more prominent, and the one tiny strip of fabric covering it will be even more ridiculously small.

I was really looking forward to her being back.

I know they give Edyta and some other pros questionable partners. I hope she's back next season with a better chance.