Type keyword(s) to search

Home And Away - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The strange thing was - Roo had a man called James before - the real tall guy.  Is this him recast or someone else?  

Phoebe had the career issue already - I think it was as far back as Kyle.  

No it's a different guy, but when Irene saw the name James and Roo was being so secretive she thought it might be him.  This is a much younger guy.

Lol @ Ash seriously thinking he is stable.  Wonder who Luc will end up with in the end.

Edited by Nozycat

LOL not buying the bit about the paperwork.  Australia is a first world country.  Am I wrong to think the events are recorded contemporaneously?  Unneeded upping of the stakes.  

Ash has been in jail and that weighs a lot more than one punch to Zack when Zack just cheated on your mother.  Ash is delusional but then this is the soap opera planet.  

I thought John had a brain tumor, so why is anyone claiming he is a real criminal.

Yeah will have to see how that plays out with the paperwork.  But even if VJ were recorded as the father I would think they could challenge it as he clearly isn't.

I can't see Ash being able to behave himself in a hearing, but then the others mightn't either.

I think with John it has to be established legally that he was not responsible for his actions at the time.

Eta - John being found guilty is ridiculous imo.

Edited by Nozycat

Oh wow, Ash got the baby.  

Addicts have to hit rock bottom before they climb out of it, at least often.  Lectures don't help - they aren't convinced.  They have to believe it themselves.  

Can't believe they gave the baby to Ash.  And then he leaves Luc with the person he wanted her away from because he thinks she is in danger there.  Is he even legally allowed to do that considering the order?

Agreed, controlling and lectures don't work with an addict.  A proper intervention might if done in the right way at the right time.

What is it with people on this show telling others what to do in highly personal situations?  I am glad Leah didn't listen and asked for a divorce.  It's her decision as to what she can live with.

So James is a photographer, did his job, and that's going to get him in trouble.  

And we have to add menopause to the drama.  Roo looks like she is in her 40s.  It's funny that it is a soap opera thing that fainting means you are pregnant.  Now it is also a symptom of menopause.  Or, Roo is pregnant.  That wouldn't surprise me as the next twist.

So you seem only a couple of days behind Kim?  I don't want to spoil you.  Where are you watching?

I don't understand why Roo is moving out because her lease was up and the owner was selling the place and then Ash took out a new lease.  That makes no sense to me.

Thanks nozycat I think I am a day behind a lot of the time or will seem to be since I tend to watch the episode in the evening here - I will see notifications from dailymotion pop up in the morning since the episode already aired in Australia and it's already late evening there.  But no problem.  Roo had the apartment that suddenly popped up over the diner right?  So I must be going to see that tonight.  No surprise she is pregnant lol I could see that coming from a mile away.  

Yes that was Roo's apartment.  So Ash, Kat and Patrick have moved into a 2 bedroom apartment with Luc and Ash thinks it's not going to change anything between Kat and him - just how dumb is he.  Then as soon as Luc starts crying for the first time he tries to hand her off to Kat then Patrick.  He really is impossible.

And how dopey is Roo, thinking she couldn't get pregnant at her age.  There is no excuse for that.

I know  I remember the doctor telling me about how you still have to be careful - don't assume just because you are in your 40s and that many women had come to her shocked they were pregnant at that age.  I know two women who got pregnant with their first child at 45.  Maybe partly it is a sort of last minute back off on the decision not to have any children, subconsciously.   

That poor baby has no good parent options.  Leah and Zach would have been the best option, but they had their reasons for wrecking Zach I am sure.  

And the Brody storyline is out of hand unrealistic.  It would be a while before his problem was so bad.  Further Justin should get on with his life.  Tory is still there, Mason is still there.  

Edited by Kim0820

What a lousy message to give that Zac getting drunk, climbing on the roof and harassing Leah was romantic.  And no Roo and Leah, it was not your fault.

Lol @ Justin and the shots, that cracked me up.  How was Ava able to travel alone by bus and at that time of day?  Unrealistic.

And sheesh Ash leaving Luc with Patrick.

I had that thought too.  It was ridiculous that Roo and Leah said it was their fault.  It was Zac's fault.  

I think maybe Justin is staying on the show, as of course he cannot leave with Ava there.  

Ash had no brains.  Patrick is messed up.  Patrick and a baby in the same house is a no go to anyone with half a brain.  Ash appears to have a quarter of a brain.  Irene is a better option.  That court that ordered placement with Ash is made up of people not smarter than Ash.  

I wonder what the point of "Zac may not be Hunter's Dad" is.  A dumb storyline.  Maybe they want to make Hunter someone else's?  Al?  Ash?  Maybe Charlotte is not really his mother, lol.  He was full term and his mother is the next female to show up in town.  

I can't believe they let Patrick stay on in the flat.

What is with all the macho male posturing - Ash, Justin, now Ava's dad?  Glad Justin found some sense.

(edited)

It was good of Justin to recognize Brian's contribution and stepping up.  Though I wish they had not ramped up the Phoebe relationship if she is leaving and he is not.  Soap writers just can't help themselves.  

Now I kind of do feel for Ash.  The show hasn't given much consideration to his loss of Billie, nor of the relationship between Patrick and Billie.  Now we find out how much Patrick did to raise them both.  Yet it's in the nature of soaps that Billie never mentioned Patrick enough to recall they had a relationship.  Patrick lost her too, and she died very suddenly and very young.  That has to be traumatic enough for both of them after having lost parents young and a tour in Afghanistan to add to it all.

Edited by Kim0820

So Phoebe is gone and Justin is staying.  I can see why they had to break them up if one actor is leaving and the other staying.

I hope Patrick gets some help and we see him getting better.

Oh no about John and Marilyn, that makes me very sad.

Hunter is so right, Zac is a compulsive liar.  Now he was lying to Hunter and he keeps justifying his lies but they come so easily to him.

(edited)

I can't believe how easy Scarlett is being on Brodie.  Way for him to not get any consequences.  I hope she doesn't have to pay for it.  Yes so far I am interested to find out her back story.

What is up with Alf spreading his germs all over the bay, I hate when people do that.  And obviously it's something more than a cold.  And again we have a character being an idiot about going to see the doctor.

Zac still has no idea how badly he has been behaving.  No it wasn't one mistake, it was an ongoing pattern of lying and selfishness.

eta - and I hate when people badger the doctors and nurses for info instead of leaving them to take care of their loved one in an emergency - ALF.

Edited by Nozycat

Yes, leave the doctors and nurses to do their job - if you love the patient, that is what is best for them.  

I'm ready for someone to tell Leah off.  Irene did think she was helping and Irene is actually related to the child.  

James has to have his daddy do his dirty work?  Not very mature.  And how does he know he might not change his mind one day?  

(edited)

Indeed Irene meant it for the best but should have talked to Leah first, instead Leah felt blindsided.

Seriously - they let Alf with his flu into the room of Roo who had just had surgery without even a mask?

Jett is so thin, and why doesn't he have an army haircut, but nice to see him again.  Good he talked John into therapy, very wise.

Ash fought for Luc and now keeps palming her off on Kat.

I hope John and Marilyn get back together, I like them as a couple.

Edited by Nozycat
(edited)

Ash is doing my head in, he wanted Luc but keeps expecting Kat to look after her and Kat is obviously not coping with it.

Yeah hope Brody finally goes to rehab.  Scarlett was dumb taking in an active addict.

I am finding the hypnotherapy story line infuriating.  I can forgive Jett but Marilyn should know better than to do something like that when she is not properly trained, do it with someone she has a personal connection with and not tell John the outcome - all so wrong, imo.

Edited by Nozycat

And it looks like she might be getting her wish.  If Kat doesn't want the kid, it can't work.  It doesn't seem like it is about adopting, but even about having a baby.  It makes sense that Ash should adopt his sister's orphaned child (well Mick and VJ) but not that Kat should.  The looming custody fight with Mick would be better if they wrote a story where Kat was on board totally.  Interestingly the biggest conflict would be the biological father vs. a father presumed because the child is born in his marriage, but they messed that up with some stuff that VJ's marriage did not take.  

The new family looks good.  The older girl looks like Ricky.The younger one reminds me of Neighbours' Amy.  lol

Haha Kat pulling out her badge when the girl said "what are you going to do, call the cops?"

At least Tori can see she is messed up.  Yeah I wonder if this is the end of Ash and Kat.  They never worked for me anyway.

I am liking the new family so far too.

I feel sorry for John, but good story line and I am glad he and Marilyn are back together.

Sheesh, Justin, shut up, Scarlett's story is none of your business.  No wonder he and Phoebe got together, they just love barging into other people's business.  Glad he backed off.

And Olivia can lay off too.  Let Hunter make up his own mind.

Silly Roo. Martha is in Erinsborough. 

Charlotte was actually rather evil as I recall. Making Zac not his dad just isn't a good storyline.  I hope Hinter goes off to be with Zac anyway. 

Roo is almost 50?  Wow. Being pregnant at almost 50.   I've heard of 45. I would have said early 40s if having to guess her age. 

(edited)

Heh that's funny about Martha.  I don't understand why Martha has disappeared so completely.

I like Scarlett and hope her situation can be sorted out.  Good Justin is helping her.

I am finding Tori so sleazy, being a sounding board for both Ash and Kat then hiding while watching them and pouncing on Ash as soon as Kat leaves, flirting with him, fishing for compliments with that stupid nobody likes me stuff - glad he called her out on that.

And I thought Hunter had a point with Olivia, shouldn't have yelled at her like that but she doesn't hear him and does nag to do what she thinks he should do instead of letting him make his own decisions.  And she still doesn't own any of it.

Okay, I'm with Leah, can't stand the new woman.  Who does she think she is just letting herself into the farmhouse - twice?  And just in general I don't like her attitude and am annoyed they got the pier.

Edited by Nozycat

John and Marilyn are saintly:  I'd have kicked that brat Raffi out.  

Ziggy is a real prize too.  Again, the parents were quite indulgent of pretty bad behavior.  It is hard for teens that age to make a move.  Maybe they should have discussed it with them or let them have time to get used to it.  

Is Raffi incapable of doing her own homework?   They seem to think they have to tell her to do it.  

I'd rather this drug dealer story be over sooner rather than later.  I would think it easier to find someone willing to do the job than to threaten someone who does not want to.  

Kat and Ash are being absurd, since the baby is still there and Kat doesn't want to have a baby.  So where would it go?  And calling Torie to babysit was jerky when Irene is around, Leah, VJ, plenty of others closer to the child who would love to have her.

Heh, I think it's more that Raffi is unwilling to do her homework, but she was also stuck on a theme.

Yeah I don't get trying to force somebody who is so unwilling, that just seems destined to backfire.

The more I see of Maggie and Ben (names?) the less I like them.  They seem to think they are better than anyone else, are totally naive about drugs being everywhere and I thought were totally wrong to ask Coco to take care of Ziggy - that's not her job.

Yes, Ben and Maggie seem to have more money than sense.  The town seems to be kind of home-like, rather than tourist, I don't think they brought that up so much before, but being on the beach, it probably would attract tourists, but tourist like businesses would have existed already.  And there would be existing leases - they would likely have to buy the property subject to those. 

Now Raffi is all lovey dovey with Marilyn and wants to stay, which I guess is predictable.   Her friendship with Coco is nice.  Although the advice to go for it with VJ seemed a bit premature based only on his offering to take her photo.  

(edited)

Ridiculous for Coco to tell lies like that.  She will turn up at the school soon won't she, then it will come back to bite her if it doesn't get uncovered before.

Well that came out more quickly than I thought it would with Coco.

Wow Justin can be dim sometimes - why didn't he think to immediately tell Scarlett that nothing happened between them?  Lol @ her hiding all over the place.

Edited by Nozycat

If VJ is 18 and Coco is 16, is that really a big deal.  Though he has been through more than most 18 year olds.  Yeah, Justin should have realized what Scarlett would think.  It looks like the husband is going to be the next Evil One.

Yeah that age difference seems fine to me.

Why did that guy on the island wait so long to try and start the boat?  And why oh why did Alf of all people, big SES guy, not have a radio and gps on the boat?  Ridiculous.

They do love their criminal types on this show.

I felt sure that was Scarlett's husband for some reason, so it was a big surprise that she saw him and obviously he was not.  

I predict Ash winds up with Tory.  Anyway Kat will drive him away with the Luc issue and her not trusting him not to have feelings for Tory.  He seems to be kidding himself that he has only friendship for Torie.  

They do love their crims - now the guy bothering Brody is out of jail plus the idiot out with the boat.  

Right about Alf.  Soap characters tend to get dumbed down for plot purposes.  

Yeah I thought it might have been Scarlett's husband too.  Nothing she has said about him so far explains to me the people who were trying to force her to go back to him.

Ugh Maggie and Ben are just awful, no wonder Coco and Ziggy are acting out.

This re-run of the Kat/Ash/Tory thing is dull - Kat and Ash won't work because she does not want a kid.  

If the public likes the restaurant how it is, then that is how it makes money.  Renovations are for places that are starting to fall apart.  Anyway I'm not following exactly what the Ben and Maggie are doing to the prejudice of the Diner.  Leah is presented as owning it, but now seems only a tenant of the real estate it is in?  Seems like a landlord would be stupid to misplace a successful business. 

Yeah totally over that triangle.

Afaik Leah and Irene own the business but not the real estate.  Maggie and Ben now own the real estate and want to put in a shop and take some space from the diner for it which they don't want to give up.  Yeah stupid to restrict the diner when it's a successful business as is.

Speaking of which why is Salt getting so run down just because Brodie isn't there - he hasn't set it up very well then and wasn't he already having trouble before?

Ash is such an idiot.

Edited by Nozycat

Maggie had post partum depression so that could explain why Ziggy feels so entitled - maybe all the years Maggie had guilt that caused her not to discipline Zigger properly.  

Funny how John and Marilyn can't foster due to John's record, but they could have a biological baby.  It's like you have to prove you are perfect to adopt, but anyone can conceive a biological child.  I guess that is the way it is.  Having a baby still seems a bit much (the guy assuming John was the grandpa when he had the baby).  Maybe John could volunteer to work with kids and make a record to redeem himself so they can prove he is good for fostering.  He and Marilyn seem to be pretty good at that.

Yeah we just had a series here on yummy mummies one of which at least made a good argument for some sort of training and accreditation before you are allowed to have a baby by her behaviour and attitudes.

Why was Kat so freaked and aggressive over the photo?  That doesn't seem to fit her for me.

Yes, Kat is coming off as super self centered.  If someone can't handle one of your friendships, is it really good to stay with them?  The triangle is getting old.   Kat being "uncomfortable" is getting old.  Same thing she said to Robbo as about Torie. 

Leah had at least one husband that died, and he should not count as a failure.  I dislike Leah's love life stories - she is always shooting men down, as she is starting here as usual.  I really think she should stay single for life, lol.  

I was glad Hunter said he has a Dad and his name is Zach.  I don't know how the writers thought this Dad story was a good one to do.  Should have left it as Zach.  

Maggie is the principal now too?  LOL she came to take over Summer Bay.  

So I guess Beth is terminally ill.  

Raffi did lose everything, but she could have ended up in foster care. She is lucky with who she has.  Why she is so stubborn with them is hard to fathom and now Marilyn talks of apologizing to her and telling her she does not have to do anything she does not want to do.  The weakness in the story is that if you are of high intelligence,  you don't deny it and your interest in things leads to good grades.  

Edited by Kim0820

Yeah I wish they would have left Zac as Hunter's dad.  But it seems like Zac has dropped Hunter, wasn't it a while ago he wasn't answering Hunter's emails?

Didn't like Beth from the moment she opened her mouth.

Ben needs anger management.

I don't like the message they are giving that it is ok for a man to ignore a 'no', repeated 'no's', and keep harassing a woman until she says yes like Justin and Brody have been.

So was that a general memorial site for people in witness protection who have lost a loved one?  Why couldn't they go to their parents' actual graves now they are out?

Omg how long are they going to drag out Tori and Ash?

Ben was being such a d.ck to Maggie.

Sheesh Ash is awful, treating Tori and Kat as if he owns both of them and not taking no for an answer.

I doubt whether it would be ok to get a tattoo when you are on a transplant list.

Sheesh they sure like to write men as Neanderthals.  Ben is just as awful as Ash.  And didn't we just have that condom story on Neighbours?

Edited by Nozycat

Ben is stupid is the most classical way.  Did he read Romeo and Juliet?  And he is a control freak.  State your misgivings and that is all that is needed.  

I did not realize Scarlett was a lawyer.  Either me not paying attention or sudden soap opera convenience.