Type keyword(s) to search

Home And Away - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yeah I was thinking who does Leah think she is.  Zac is Evie's guardian, not Leah, but she is being totally pushy, nosy and controlling.  And she is a youth worker, she should know better than to come on so strong.

I just watched the episode were Denny gets taken out by Charlotte. I wish they had just let her go off on her trip and not killed her. And now I see that Hunter really did inherit the crazy from mommy dearest. 

I have to say, Kat didn't really seem all that into Nate until Ricky started coming around. She liked him sure, but I never got the impression she was all that serious or that they were really doing anything other than enjoying one another's company. Maybe I missed something? Having her be so upset seems out of the blue a bit to me.

lol Chris calling the farmhouse "estrogen empire."  

This Tank plot is pretty good - a lot of twists and turns and you end up wondering who is right and who is wrong.  The principal sounded pretty convincing.  But then Tank is the one with bruises.  

I tend to believe the principal, Tank is bad news all round as far as I can see.

Who couldn't see that party be a disaster.

Lol @ Charlotte knowing someone was watching her and not seeing the man out in the open WATCHING HER.

I wish they would hurry both that story and the James story up.

What on earth are Nate and Ricki playing at.  I think that is so disrespectful of Kat.  And I like Ricki but I don't like the way she is keeping both Nate and Kyle hanging around to basically pander to her.

Edited by Nozycat

Blabby Chris has taken over for Colleen.  

I suppose Maddie has been cured of cancer?  

Roo is rushing into the marriage and James is rushing her into it, too.  Get married today?  That's suspicious.  Then I thought Alf finally had something, but it turned out not to be anything really.  Yet I can't help but think something will turn up.   It's making Alf look like he might be starting to show symptoms of a mental condition at the same time.  

Yes, and has James ever heard of visitation and child support?  He would not lose his children by getting a divorce.  

Forbidding Evie to see Tank is guaranteed not to work.  Do Zach and Leah remember being teenagers?  

James is a creep.  I hope this is the end of him now.  Poor Roo, but really she jumped in head first and was going to marry him without having even met his family.

Yeah Zach and Leah couldn't have tried any harder to push Evie towards Tank.

I hate what they are  doing with Ricki and Nate.  First of writers make up your minds, do you want them together or not. And they have been so disrespectful towards Kat.  And really Ricki?  Joking about how many people you have hurt?  Not funny.

And did they really have to bring that guy back - Gunno?  I'm sick of him and was a long time ago.

Edited by Nozycat

Nate must realize he is clearly second choice.  Brax is gone and that's why he's in the number one position.  I too don't see the point of Ricki saying it was a one off that night when they slept together and Nate was not with Kat.  Why did it take her until he was back with Kat to decide it should be on again?  Nate is very wishy washy.  He should have fought for Ricki then, rather than go back to Kat.  

Charlotte killed Denny by accident and she should have called the police and dealt with it.  The way she is doing it only adds to her crimes.  

Whatever happened to Matt's feelings for Maddie?  They seem to be all over the place.  Ricki and Kyle, Ricki and Nate, Maddie and Matt, Matt and Charlotte.  Hannah and Andy, Hannah and Chris.  Kind of dizzying.  When Ash was with Kat, I wondered if they'd get together and had to think, was he taken?  Oh yeah, he is with Phoebe now.  Are they going to start another 3 way here?  LOL.  

Gunno is not needed ever again!  Not on any show at any time.  LOL.

Yeah drives me nuts the way they have on/off/on/off etc relationships.

Charlotte was incredibly dumb to hide what happened with Denny.

And how dumb was Evie, going to meet Tank in an isolated area and not telling anyone.  I can't believe nobody told her off for that and instead she is show to be a hero.  And am I supposed to feel sorry for Tank now?  Cause I don't.  He's a creep.

Why was the ER doc still treating Josh?  Are they really going to revive him like they did Leah?

I am glad Kat gave Nate a serve.  He played the same sort of games when he was with Sophie and faffing around with Hannah.  And didn't he also cheat on Sophie earlier?

Edited by Nozycat

Yes, wasn't it Nate that cheated on Sophie before either ever came to the show?  And there was something medical Sophie did - faked something - she was in an accident and there was something fishy about her treatment at the hospital.  As a result, Nate felt justified in cheating on her.  Then when she came to the Bay, Nate got back together with Sophie out of duty and then cheated with Hannah at least emotionally or by kissing Hannah.  He really jerked Sophie around.  

I don't really want to see Josh killed off, when they just killed off Denny.  Too much of that.  And yes, Tank is an utter and complete jerk and I see Evie is starting to feel sorry for him.  Actress does a great job with this storyline - she deserves the front-burner story this creates for her.  

I would not be surprised if Josh revives, after they have milked it for all the drama they can with good bye scenes at the bedside from Andy and Evie.  

What do you think of Olivia?  She seems to be a sociopath, though a very pleasant one.  

Yes agree that the actress playing Evie is doing a great job.  The story with Josh is a bit of a repeat of Leah's story, all hope gone then a miraculous recovery.  And makes no sense of all the tests they did.

I am glad VJ called Olivia on her behaviour and totally get him reading it as flirting.  Why do new characters always have to be so off the wall?

I am so over the Charlotte story, let's move on and get some resolution for Denny already.

Wow Ricki sure farms out Casey a lot and now her relationship with Nate takes priority over her child and he has to talk her into caring for Casey herself.  And now she is going to ignore everything he said about his father and force them on each other?  Ugh I am really starting to dislike her.

Yes, Charlotte is getting tons of airtime and she looks like a character not long for this world.   Now she is compounding her previous errors.  And she's now on her third younger man.  I guess they like the excitement of being involved with someone with a lot of drama.  

Also enough of Matt and his alleged feelings - he vacillated between Maddie and Charlotte anyway.  

So now Josh is going to be blind for awhile.  Soap opera blindness always goes away after the drama is milked out of it, including the drama of seeing again.  LOL.  

Ugh enough of Charlotte already.  Can't believe Kyle has been standing by her, at least he seems to be starting to wise up.

Ricki has been so smug lately thinking she can dish out advice left, right and centre, tell people what to do and run their lives for them.  I think what she did with Nate's dad was way out of line.

So now Hannah has feelings for Andy again?  Spare me.

Definitely, Nate should be the one to decide whether he wants to deal with his Dad again.  

The merry go rounds with the couples are not all that satisfying as stories - they need to think of something else than the ever shifting triangles.  

Nice to have Jett back again.  They are following up on the fostering John and Marilyn had been accepted for before Marilyn's accident, I suppose.  

Hunter still hasn't been caught for that, I think?  My guess is that he will be rehabilitated and remain after Charlotte goes off to jail.  She is so dumb how she makes her situation worse and worse - she killed Denny by accident but covering it up has killed intentionally.  Not that the blackmailer is a sympathetic victim.  Kat is though.  

Now Maddie has a crush on Matt?  Indeed these triangles are not interesting.

Yes lovely to have Jett back, I love John and him together and I like Sky too.

Yeah Charlotte is sure digging a deep hole.  It's dragging too long for me.  I wish they would find out about Denny and also that Hunter set the fire.

Maddie is back to being a real piece of work.  I hope Oscar and Asia get together and are happy and Matt and Maddie get messed up.  They are both selfish so it is bound to happen.  Asia is a much nicer girl, which Oscar deserves.  

Hannah is kind of dumb.  She and Andy were so miserable most of the time.  I suppose they are trying to show he is changing.

Same drama for soap characters with a problem, that is, Josh.  Not wanting any help.  Getting mad at people who want to help.  Irene is doing both at once, helping another while refusing help herself.  

Oh I'm the opposite, I think Asia is horrible for Oscar.

Hannah is a cheater.  She cheated with Nate, cheated on Andy and now is looking elsewhere again.

Yeah it's a storyline they love to repeat - characters refusing help.

So finally we have some progress on finding out what happened to Denny.  The character deserves so much better.

eta I am torn, I am glad Charlotte is dead, thought her storyline was dominating lately and I was sick of her but I also wanted to see her get arrested, heh.

Will they ever find out that Hunter started the fire and broke into the diner?

Edited by Nozycat

Maddie came on with Spencer and he's long gone.  Way past time to move this character on.  I have zero sympathy with the couple of Maddie and Matt, so their kiss felt flat.  

So the cliffhanger is who killed Charlotte, so they can milk that for the beginning of the next season.  

Hunter - so his role in the fire won't come out.  

Kat - not really a good suspect, as she'd want to see the law punish Charlotte

Zach, Evie, Oscar - revenge for Denny?

Ash, Kyle - to prevent Brax reveal?  Too late, but they may not have known.  

Random from the gang of the guy she killed over the blackmail.  

Now that Rikki knows, the outcome depends of whether actors are staying or going.  If the Brax return is temporary to usher Rikki off the canvas, she decides to go on the run with Brax.  Nice situation for the child.  If permanent, then they will find a way to redeem him.  I'm betting on the former more than the latter.  

Though it is possible she will realize that life with Nate doesn't have these problems.  

Poor Chris. Won't someone love him? For real, I really hope he finds love or true friendship. As much as I love his relationship with Irene and as a diner lady, I would like to see him cultivate some relationships with some people his own age. It was definitely the right thing to end it with Hannah but he really just wants to belong and to be loved.

Interesting set up for like half the main cast to be involved in this Who Killed Charlotte story next year. Though I feel like all of the people highlighted in the last moments of the finale will turn out to be red herrings. That's usually how it goes with soaps. When all is said and done, I think it'll probably end up being someone more expendable who killed her. Someone not out of the blue and definitely with motive to silence her but likely not sticking around. Until then, it'll be fun to see everyone trying to piece together who really did it in order to clear themselves from suspicion.

One thing I do want to see with this Who Killed Charlotte story is Hunter's crimes coming out and him facing the consequences of what he did and the ripple effect it caused. I want to like him and I do think he's now grateful to be part of Zac's life and Zac/Leah's family but dude's got major crimes/issues hanging over his head. The about face with him from how he was quite remorseless about his crimes and even seemed to delight in being accused of crimes he didn't commit (the brake cutting) to sensitive, sweet, patient soul/son/boyfriend and friend to everyone was abrupt and jarring. I wish they'd explain onscreen how his major anger and impulse issues and resentment were cured. They were there and then gone over night.

I only really started watching Home and Away regularly this year so I'm probably missing out on a lot of history but I rather like Maddy. She's seems to have grown over the course of this year. I enjoyed her supporting role in Alf's PTSD story (I wish the writers would follow up on that story) and how protective she was of Roo during the James story. I like the development of her friendship with Evie. I really like Matt and Maddy too. Kinda looking forward to where they're going next season.

I wish they'd focus less on the geometric romantic entanglements though. Pick a few couples and stick with them for a bit. How many triangles have Nate and Hannah alone been in over the past year or two? 3-4 each? That's ridiculous. Especially for Nate since he was married for most of 2014 and the first part of 2015. lol That said, I do have to say that I thought that the Matt/Maddy/Oscar story, as far as triangles (and teen triangles) goes, was one of the better, more mature ones that I've seen a soap tackle in a long time. No one acted perfect but no one was awful either. Every one of them made missteps that were understandable. I got why all three were torn, hurt, and conflicted over the mess they found themselves in. Yet it seemed like all of them cared about each other too and really didn't want anyone to get hurt even if they all recognized that as soon as the truth was out that someone inevitably was going to get hurt. 

I'm really interested in Irene's story next year. I hope she doesn't end up getting burned in her search. I hope the writers continue to do it justice. The actress has been phenomenal with the material. 

I also really like the friendship/quasi-family bond between all of the teen characters and the twenty-something females. I like how there's been more cross-over between corners of the show and intergenerational storytelling and more of a community feel. I hope the writers continue that next year.

Oh I hope they don't send Ricki on the run with Brax.  That storyline has been done before and is so ridiculous.

Hi shafted.  Yes I feel sorry for Chris too and boo on Hannah.  He would drive me nuts but he is also such a sweetheart.

I agree that it will probably not be one of the regulars who killed Charlotte.

I also want to see Hunter's crimes come out.  They do seem to love to write a character as a psychopath and then redeem them with no good explanation for it.

Maddy was a real brat for a long time.  I do agree she is better now.

I hate all the triangles, boring.

Yeah good to see Irene getting a meaty storyline.

I like the return from the over focus on the River boys to more family and friend connection fare.

I was annoyed that they did a special episode you could only get on Presto but I found An Eye for an Eye on Youtube.  I'm glad I got to see it as it carries straight on from Ricki being told about Brax.  I thought it was good, different feel to normal H&A, but was also frustrated with the stupidity of some of the characters.  I wonder if/how they will cover some of what happened in this ep when they come back.

I think it'll be tricky with carrying what happened in Eye for an Eye over to Home and Away in any substantive capacity given how the characters in the final were set up and how they then were written to act in Eye for an Eye. They might just ignore it entirely for the sake of clarity. I kind of hope they do ignore it. I think trying to incorporate Eye for an Eye into the show will unnecessarily complicate an already complicated Who Killed Charlotte murder plot.

Edited by shafted

Wow Maddie and Matt moving in together after being together for 5 minutes and then immediately having problems.  The writers just can't stand letting a couple be happy for a while.  But I feel for Maddie, I would react like that too.

That prosecuting lawyer's jaw probably dropped to the floor.   I'm curious what DNA of Hunter's they have - the crime scene was on the beach.  I can see they are going for redeeming Hunter - if Kyle can be, anyone can.

Phoebe was likable in the episode.  Andy was more likable than usual, too. 

Finally the truth about Hunter and the fire is out and they are minimising it imo by him saying he didn't mean it to be so bad.

So now they are suspicious of Irene.  She is not on my list of suspects though.

I'm thinking Andy is a glutton for punishment.  It seems to me like Hannah has broken off with him more than once already in the past.  

Yeah, I don't see why Irene would do it.  She was drunk.  But she wouldn't have had a gun around.  Probably one of those guys who tried to blackmail her.  

Leah can annoy me but I do like her loyalty to Irene.  

I sure don't like it when they put characters on the on again off again merry go round.  Hannah is a hot mess with her relationships.

Yes Leah is indeed loyal.

I am looking forward to the Brax/Ricki only ep.  I wonder what she will decide.

Eta  Wow Ricki will leave Casey with anyone even when they obviously don't want to look after him.

I liked the ep with just Ricki and Brax and have no idea what decision she will make.  He really has no idea how he impacted everyone and just does whatever he wants to, playing the hero.  And looks like they are completely ignoring the extra ep where Casey was kidnapped.

Edited by Nozycat

I recall her memories where she recalled how many times she has been crying or in despair.  She is right he puts his mates and brothers first.  He got himself into that mess over Ash.  I had a hard time believing he defended himself and had the nerve to diss Nate.  They usually try to make him noble, but that sounded just immature.

Yes obviously Josh was not really wanting to take the babysitting job.  That girl was horrible to turn the monitor off like that.  Rikki should have asked someone else who wanted to do it.  Or not gone.  

Yes Brax always just does what he wants to do and will make him look heroic without awareness of how it hurts his loved ones.

Why on earth was Roo living in James' place for so long after they broke up?

So Phoebe and Ash are back together.  Wonder how long it will be before they break up again.  Same with Andy and Hannah.

eta Really Hannah?  Make up your mind.

Edited by Nozycat

Yet another cancer story.  And more young people with cancer.  Or I guess it's still a scare at this point and they might not have it turn out to be cancer.  

I remember back when Belle investigated a possible "cancer cluster" which is obviously still affecting Summer Bay. They ought to bring that up again if Evie has cancer too.  Romeo and Belle died young of cancer and Maddie just had it.  Martha had it and survived.  I'm pretty sure Irene had it.  

I was thinking they need to bring up Hannah's past - maybe molestation or something that explains how she seems to prefer to hurt the men in her life rather than work towards anything -  though at least this time, Andy wasn't feeling it either and didn't get hurt.  But it's like she's always ready for a break up.  She gets involved just to break up with them some day.  Or she likes getting them to admit they have feelings for her but nothing can happen, like Zach at the beginning and I think Nathan for a while because he was married.  She needs time alone.  

Edited by Kim0820

So it was just a cancer scare and basically a set up for a public service announcement on getting tested.  What they haven't said, and I only found out when I went for my own genetic testing, is that you have to have a relative with cancer who has already been tested. My mother and my sister had died without being tested so I cannot be tested.  They never tell you that in the news when talking about Angeline Jolie or in tv shows such as this.  My sister died before such testing was done and they never mentioned it with my mum.

Yes agree that Hannah needs some time on her own and self exploration and/or counselling to see what is driving her.

Roo is an idiot.  She desperately wanted Maddie to move in with her.  Who couldn't see that mess coming.

Several reunions of couples.   The back and forth gets so confusing.  Poor Chris.  He is going to get hit again and it was bad enough the last time.  

Matt's thing seems to be argue with girlfriends.  The only one I can remember right now is Sasha, but I recall them having these spirited conversations if not arguments.

It was odd to note Maddie sitting at a table with two exes.  Hanging out like friends so easily with Josh and Oscar.  It soap opera land I guess you have to be able to do that.  

Yes poor Chris, it's like kicking a puppy.

Ah indeed you are right about Matt arguing with his girlfriends all the time.  I am glad Evie told them off.

I find it annoying when people immediately get hostile with the police, I would think they would get much further if they were polite and helpful. And I would think the police would get much further if they didn't immediately get people's backs up.  I thought they did it differently these days anyway.  And how dumb was Zac.

I have been waiting around for Hulu to get the episodes starting after the break, only to discover yesterday (when I finally got around to looking) that they aren't going to get anymore new episodes. Soooo...I've had to find myself an alternate source and I am now way behind. I've only watched the first two eps after break so far, but will hopefully get caught up within a couple of weeks. I will say, I do not care who killed Charlotte - I am not going to read any Feb. postings on here until I do get caught up, so you all might already know who killed her. I am for one am just glad she's gone.

(edited)

Hope you catch up soon ncbelle.  Don't know who killed Charlotte yet anyway, at the moment their just throwing things at all sorts of people and seeing what sticks.  I'm glad she's gone too, she took up way too many storylines imo.

Hannah - I have no words.  Yes I do, what a b..ch.  Just because you have gotten this news doesn't give you the right to be so mean. Poor Chris.

I realise they are doing it for drama but would people really be so vicious about Zac being arrested for killing Charlotte?  Just doesn't fit for me.

Edited by Nozycat

Yeah, the whole thing about Zach is over the top.  Most people would think he was innocent and few knew about Charlotte.  A popular teacher in the area - it would stir up a lot of interest and mostly on his side.  

Hannah really is horrid most of the time.  I keep thinking she will grow up a little and get better but she slides back all the time.  The writers seem to create an Aussie trait of extreme pride, as most characters with an unfortunate situation lash out and think people feeling bad for them is worse than the problem and that they can handle the problem with no help.  And anyone who offers to help gets their head bit off.  This has been the case with many a character.  Hannah is exceptional for always seeing the poor man in her life as the one to lash out at - as naturally it is he who cares the most.  

Morag!  Well it's nice to see her again.  And she knows Dylan already and doesn't like him!  Alf calls her "Sis" and she calls him "Alfred!"  

Yes you are so right about that repeated storyline of that ridiculous extreme pride.  It seems so selfish to me like when Romeo left and Indi was left devastated.

Yeah I like Morag (but why do they put the heavy black eye makeup on older women like her and Irene, just makes them look older imo).  I wonder what the story is with her and Dylan.

As it was said everyone is different. I think I might be happy with semi annual mammograms at least till age 40. I think Billy was only saying what she would think about it or what she would do herself. Of course Hannah had to say Billy was judging her directly.

At least she finally admitted to be scared. Chris should learn by now to butt out, unless he likes getting his head snapped off. However, she did calm down and let him be supportive in the end.

Edited by Kim0820

Yes, I think I missed something.  The DNA test turned out negative.  The casting was so good too, that girl looked like she could be Irene's daughter.  The writers seem weird with these types of storylines for some reason.  I recall John's daughter Shandy - had one who was trying it on and wasn't, one who was who quickly disappeared, then another recast.  

Yes uni costs and we can take out loans for uni here.  You only have to start repaying it when you start earning over a certain amount.

Looks like Zac is still hiding something.

Oh Kat, I am sure that will come back to bite her.  And Dylan is so smug with everyone he interviews but keeps getting it wrong.

Please don't tell me we are going to have another pregnant barmaid.

Edited by Nozycat