Type keyword(s) to search

Home And Away - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Haha Leah's first reason for backing off now is already here.  Why did they need to bring in an ex of Zach.  They are already doing that with Hannah.  OK now Leah seems fine with it all but you know something is going to happen.  Probably she will blame Zach for the Matt/ex of Zach hook up.  

Funny:  I had to go back and correct the above paragraph when I was putting "Nate" when I meant "Zach."  I think these guys are starting to blend together and seem indistinguishable.  The two new blonde women are. 

I was kind of amused by the Ash - Denny discussion of their relationship.  What are "couple rules?"  These characters have no template for relationships as existed in the old days.  So I guess modern young people have to work it all out and discuss it each step of the way.  Are we together as a couple?  What did this kiss mean?  Are we having fun only or having a relationship.  It's hilarious.  So Ash and Denny were once a couple, but broke up and now they are casually hooking up only.  Sure takes the romance out of it all.  

I guess they don't want Ash to look like he is cheating.  Phoebe is, and in fact should have come out of denial rather than get back together with Kyle.  

LOL at the old "locked up together somewhere" soap opera standby.  

(edited)

Oh of course Charlotte has to be an ex of another character.  I am already so put off her.  Who moves into a small town and on their first night picks up some random there and one who is obviously much younger than them.  Much prefer Kat starting off being circumspect, much more respectful of herself and the town, imo.

I hated the way Ash closed the store room door and stood in front of it trapping Phoebe - not okay.  And yes of course they got locked in.

Edited by Nozycat

In the last episode I watched, Leah almost died after her operation, and in the episode I'm watching now (presumably the next episode that aired), she's out walking along the beach with her boyfriend (who's name I can't seem to remember right now). That has to be some kind of world record for fastest recovery! 

Yes, though Josh is being a bit absurd.  It's someone else's relationship.  Matt is right, there is some point Josh kept things from people for Andy.  And Evie was telling Hannah to confess.  

Hannah does seem to be getting some self awareness.  Maybe she will learn to be less impulsive.  And Andy did just move in.  Surely couple rules require that you agree to a move in rather than just do it.  

Charlotte is about as nutty as Billie - well maybe  not that bad.  But why mess with a student.  She did look relieved he was 18 but it is still a problem that he is a student.  Maybe she likes risk.  

(edited)

Billie is a psycho.

I am sorry Jett is gone, I really liked his character and interplay with John and Marilyn.

I both feel for Ricki and feel angry at her for not asking for help when she so obviously needs it.

Wow Charlotte is awful.

I was deeply moved at the scene the other day when Andy was boxing and Hannah walked in and he turned around with this look of complete devastation and brokenness on his face - great acting.

Edited by Nozycat

Just finished the episode where Ricki had a freakout and a good cry after going through Brax's things from prison. Hopefully that will relieve some of her anger, etc. 

That Evie sure is smug and self-righteous. She insisted Hannah had to tell Andy about her and Sean - guess what, Evie, this like so many other things, is none of your business! The teenagers overall are kind of boring to me, but she is really irritating. And I see from a couple posts above, she was a cheater herself. She just seems so immature a lot of the time - there's something about her that makes her seem like she's much younger than the other characters her age. There are very few characters that have really strong feelings about, but she's really becoming one I don't like.

Haven't met Charlotte yet.

Yeah Evie has always been very black and white and strident about sharing her views.  She is still only 16 I think, common for that age.  At least she looks her age, Oscar her twin looks so much older to me.

Yeah not sure what age the actress is who plays Evie, but I know the actor who plays Oscar is in his 20's.  I said right at the start he looks too old for the part, was supposed to be 15 at the time.

Love the idea of John and Marilyn fostering, so glad H&A is getting back to its roots with various versions of fostering.

Yay for Chris catching out Billie.  For once he done good.

I knew Nate was going to have to move out of that house.  

I wonder if there will be new characters for Marilyn and John or whether they will end up with Evie and Oscar.  

Looks like Hannah may be going - breaking up her relationships and having her talk of how she wanted to travel the world.

That Sean and his wife are really something else - what a twisted relationship they seem to have. I get that she's angry about him sleeping with Hannah, but she seems willing to forgive him and lay all the blame at Hannah's feet. She seems pretty angry at him right now, but I wonder if that's more about him defending Hannah and trying to keep her from telling Andy rather than about his cheating. Apparently he's a serial cheater, but Hannah seemed surprised to even find out he was married let alone cheating repeatedly, so either he is different from how he used to be or he really had her fooled.

(edited)

Heh, Nate's gone from the frying pan into the fire with Chris.  I like Chris, think his heart is in the right place, but he can sure be annoying.

Ah I hadn't thought that they may be setting Hannah up to leave.  No great loss afaic.

Yeah Sean and his wife were awful, glad they got rid of them quickly.

I bet Charlotte set the fire to get rid of the photos.

How ridiculous that Leah and Zac went poking through the house by torchlight, so dangerous imo and would they have even been allowed to do that?

Edited by Nozycat

They backed off on Phoebe's eye makeup and she is so much prettier.

Zachary would have been home getting the bills on the mail. Amazed Leah is not blaming him. When in a coma, it would have been needed to appoint a guardian. Nobody does that and they just let the bills go unpaid ? How irresponsible.

It is hard to believe Billie. Charlotte has a point. The photos could be on photo bucket or iCloud. No point in trying to burn the house down

Yes I agree Phoebe looks better with less makeup.  I very much dislike how she has gone about getting together with Ash though and the way she treated Denny.

Yes for sure bills should have been paid.  Zac may have been overwhelmed but people kept offering him help and he kept turning it down.

Do you have an idea then for who started the fire?  My guess is still Charlotte though I see your point.

I agree about Phoebe and Ash; strange get together.  I can't tell is Kyle is gone for good.  It looked a bit like a vacation write out where he could be back and end up with Ricki.  

I wonder what they will do with the fire.  There's no kid that could have done it by accident.  Only Billie and Charlotte have motives.  Billie seems crazier to me and more likely to do it.  She swore she didn't make the Kat posters to and that turned out to be false.  

I was thinking as Ricki told the baby he belonged to an "amazing" family - well, he really belongs to a "criminal" family.   They needed some explanation for Heath and Bianca not being there.  Interesting that people who are not religious still need a sort of ceremony of some kind.  

I wonder where they are going with Roo and this James guy.  He does not seem to want to date her all that much.  

The person hanging over the cliff - reminds me of the Angelo days.  He saved Tony or someone.  I suppose Billie will get a few points for saving Kat.  Though she is likely the cause of Kat going over the cliff.  

Oh I would hate Kyle with Ricki.

I also hated Hannah taking that guy home and getting a 'you go girl' instead of it being pointed out how dangerous it is to take a complete stranger home.  Love the girls living together though.

I find it weird how no one is saying something about Zac not paying the insurance, it's as if he couldn't have done it.

Zac is being pretty dumb and immature.  He feels bad he has not made a financial foundation like Leah.  Then again, she only has the diner IIRR because Dan died saving a rich kid's life.   If they are engaged they should do the financials together - Leah did not let him be part of the sell the diner decision.  They both have jobs so they could find a rental.  

Funny they decided to get rid of that set - Leah's house.  So they may be building a new one.  It's funny so many people in that foster house with Alf.  

I could understand someone with cancer as a teen wanting to see the world, but where does the money come from?  

Josh is too dumb to live and therefore too dumb to be accepted into a university.  

(edited)

Yes Zac is being completely stupid.

Yeah I often wonder on soaps where do they get the money to do that.

Lol @ your comment on Josh.

So now we have some weirdo lurking around spying on people, maybe who set the fire?

The hooded guy lurking with the dramatic music only served to make me laugh, it was so silly.  Hunter is a psycho and great mothering Charlotte.

Another woman who is pregnant and doesn't know who the father is?  Such a soapie trope.

Edited by Nozycat

Zac gets dumber and dumber.  Leah is never going to marry him.  He'll get dumped when she finds out about this one.  And the bit about not getting the principal job is weird because they make out like he was depending on that income.  Wouldn't the bank have only given him a loan if his current income was high enough?  And he can't get out of it unless he pays 20K of it - sounds weird.  

And it's funny now the principal needs to be experienced now.  Young women like Bianca and Sophie qualified for the job.  

Charlotte is a biology teacher, but she saved so much money and all that time not getting any support from her son's father.  And why didn't she tell Zac, and why did she tell Hunter without telling Zac - plot point city.  

Yes, another who is the daddy.  So maybe Kyle is coming back - he seemed to be in the previews.  No wonder they had Ash and Phoebe get together so quickly.  Oh the drama.  They just did this with Maddie's non-baby.  Well at least Phoebe is unlikely to attempt to control who the father will be. 

I like the way the main scene partner Chris has is not a love interest, but Irene.  They are fun.  He calls her "Reeny" and when he talks of a legitimate perv, she calls him a legitimate idiot.  LOL.  

Now Kyle is totally beating Zac and Josh for stupidity.  

It was weird the way Marilyn cut John off from relating any navy memories.  It could have greased the wheels of the conversation, since I thought James had some related experience that got John to remember that.  

I agree with Alf that something is off - or Alf is just telling us there is something wrong there with James.  I felt like he was not all that interested in Roo until he realized she was interested in him.  The gap in his history could be jail, but I rather hope not as we've had enough jail with the Braxtons.  

I though Ricki needed to be a lot more gentler with Ash.  One she is sticking her nose in.  Two Ash has some right to be upset/stunned at that news.  She didn't have to be so harsh about it.  

Zac didn't get the money from the bank but from some dodgy loans thing off the internet.

Don't know yet what is going on with James, if he is okay or not.  They look odd together to me, he is so much bigger than her and looms over her.

Yeah agree that Ricki was harsh on Ash.  Phoebe was totally irresponsible missing her birth control.

I'm surprised at how much I like Phoebe and Ash as a couple. I hope the writers don't start them on the break-up/get-back-together merry-go-round now.

I'm guessing someone planted the incriminating fire evidence on Billie?

Sometimes it feels like they use the previews to advance the plot.  Or I am just so forgetful or sleeping through parts.  The Hunter reveal did make for some interesting conversations.  Nowadays, it is silly to go ahead without DNA tests though. Zach should do that.  

When Leah challenged Charlotte about what she really wanted, I supposed it could be Zach, but then again after all those years, it's not all that likely.  It was good to put in that Charlotte's father died recently - at least it explains somewhat why now.  Evie and Oscar realizing - wait, I guess he is our cousin?- was amusing.  

Chris might be good for Hannah - she generally needs to lighten up, and he's generally in a good mood.  

Don't know yet what is going on with James, if he is okay or not.  They look odd together to me, he is so much bigger than her and looms over her.

The actor must be really tall, because he seemed like he has loomed over most of the other actors in everything I've seen him in. IMDB says he's 6'4" which is the same height as my husband, but he looks bigger to me, so maybe he's broad-shouldered as well. 

So it looks like they are going with Josh getting on drugs or something to help study. Nothing has happened here so far, other than some guy giving him a phone number in case he needs some "help" keeping awake, etc. I'm sure drugs will help his already stellar personality <sarcasm>.

Edited by ncbelle

I find it difficult when they make people act so horribly like Kyle and Hunter to see how they can be redeemed.  They have tried it with Kyle but I keep remembering what he did to Casey, now it's Hunter setting fire to Leah's house - that's psycho.

Since when is there a flat over the diner?

Sheesh, could Kyle be any more stupid?  His first collapse didn't teach him anything?

And Josh is just as stupid.  Glad Evie set a boundary and kept to it.

Really Zac, couldn't keep track of time when he knew how important it was to VJ and Leah?  And didn't he pull the same thing with Oscar a while ago or am I getting confused?

Edited by Nozycat

Yes, it was over the top - they didn't have to have Hunter burn the house down to make the story interesting.  There seems to be a demographic out there that would get bored at a mere story about human beings and their emotions.  If they want a new set all they have to do is have Zach and Leah decide to buy a house.

The flat over the diner, lol.  Yeah no one lived there before.  Not that it's a bad idea.  

Yes, Kyle is OTT dumb and yet wants so badly to be a father - not all that believable, but there it is.  I wonder how they will go with it - they seem to love Braxtons, so I'm thinking they'll go with Kyle.  They are not that invested in Ashford's yet.  

Now Zach has two sets of women/children to tend to.  I'm thinking Charlotte may win out as she is less high maintenance and judgmental and Leah is always quick to end a relationship if she can find any reason whatsoever to do it.  They are making it like a competition so far.  VJ seemed over hostile to the other kid and it makes sense that it's a big deal for Zach at this point.

I couldn't believe that Ricki left Casey with Ash, she'll leave him with just anybody regardless of whether they know anything about looking after a baby.

I would be hostile towards Hunter too, he is awful.

I never understand women throwing their partners out of the bedroom over an argument, like Leah did.  If he cheated then yes, of course.  But just an argument, I find that so offensive and belittling.  If you don't want to sleep in the same bed you go somewhere else, don't throw your partner out of his own room and bed imo.

Edited by Nozycat

Yes, Leah is never able to get along with a man long term.  She hasn't married any of her fiances since Dan.  When I started watching the show, Dan had just died saving some rich American kid, so the father came to give her some money.  That's how she started the diner.  Had Dan lived, we know he would have gone wrong at some point.  I think he was moving her to America, and she wasn't into that, IIRR.  Since then she has put Elijah, Miles and now Zac through the wringer.  VJ is really her only priority.  Now he's in High school.  If he became an adult it might help her.  Wonder if she will ever let him.  

I love the way she justified her non-seeing of Hunter.  He was not guilty of the brake damaging - but she thought he might be, so that means - well, that means he's bad even if he didn't do it.  Hunter is awful but who is supposed to be the adult.  

Agreed, I thought Leah was way out of line accusing Hunter in front of the kids and she is totally sabotaging her relationship with Zac.

As is Nate with Kat.  Imo opinion she has had solid grounds to be concerned about Nate and Ricki.  He spent the evening with Ricki instead of going home to be with his girlfriend on her first  night home from hospital.  I would have been miffed too.  I hate the way Kat keeps apologising and he keeps being snotty.  I think she is well rid of him.

Edited by Nozycat

I agree about Kat and Nate and Ricki.  And he's a fool to hang about Ricky to whom he is second place.  

Brax being a match and the note - wonder if he's going to make a temporary reappearance.  Give Kyle and kidney and then go off again, maybe taking Ricky and child with him.  

I forget what they did with Billie already.  How could she have left that note?  I guess she is in the city getting treatment for her mental conditions.  

Phoebe watching the ultrasound with the two potential fathers and acting like that was normal, as Ash said - added a little to the overly common soap story of "who's the daddy?"  

They piqued my curiosity about James and Denny.  Maybe he dated her mother?  He must have done something wrong. 

Billie left the note on a pile with mail just before she left and it got swept off and behind the cabinet by accident - can't remember by whom.  Yeah I forgot where Billie went too - another hospital for her injuries?

Yes indeed, more to James than meets the eye it seems.  I wish Roo could have a good relationship that lasts.

I'm not totally down with this punishment and guilt of Nate. Kyle wouldn't go, so what was Nate to do?  I suppose he could have called emergency but Kyle could refuse to go with them.  Some treatment is better than nothing.  Saying he should have followed up is very well and good but Kyle should have gone to the hospital for that. Kyle is an adult.  Being a stupid adult, he gets to take the consequences of his stupid and stubborn decisions. 

The Ricky and Denny scenes were clearly to give Denny a pass for not telling.   Ricky thinking it was perhaps a mistake to choose Brax is a bit convenient at this point, now that Ricky thinks he is dead. I suppose one day Ricky will find out and then be angry at Denny and Ash.  Of course it'll be their fault that Brax was separated from his son, not Brax's.  

Yeah it was a difficult position for Nate again with a stupid Braxton refusing to go to hospital.  Should have followed up though, he knows Kyle can't be trusted to be sensible.

Wow is that a record for Leah torpedoing her relationship?  What does she want Zac to do?  It's not like they know that Hunter set the fire.  She keeps saying how much she has tried but she has barely tried at all.

Edited by Nozycat

I'd like to see Leah's next victim get a warning, but none of her good friends seem to see the issue.  I think she enjoys breaking hearts.  Though now Zac is still not getting it.  It's over again the next time everything does not go her way.  His saying he thought she was going to stand by him was sad, because we know she never stands by anyone and is always wanting to bolt.  

Enjoyed John making friends with Greg.  

LOL Matt did not want Maddie at all when Josh and Evie tried a set up. 

And again Leah said she tried when she made no attempt at all.  Zac's much better off without her.

Yeah John and Greg were fun.

Yes indeed what's up with Matt all of a sudden being so stuck on Maddie, makes no sense.

Nate should get some counselling imo before getting into another relationship, he's hopeless at them I reckon.  I feel for Kat.  And he's another one going straight from one bed to another.

I agree; Nate needs some counseling.  He puts it that he never stopped loving Ricky, which could be so, but then he shouldn't have been stringing Kat along.  

I think Denny must be leaving?  12 months is a long trip, so that seems like more of a write out.  Leaving her the option of never returning if they choose to do that.  Once again the money to not work for 12 month is just there.  Though I guess when young you can get minor jobs in other countries where they might not worry so much about whether you can legally work there.  

They do have too many triangles right now - the writers need to have some romance that does not involve that.  Kat/Ricky/Nate, Hannah having some concern about not being too cozy in front of Andy, this trumped up Matt/Maddie/Oscar thing, the Ash/Phoebe/Kyle one.  

They do have a couple of people calling Leah out on this.  VJ was right.  Could not believe she said she had VJ to think of.  VJ is in favor of the marriage.  He was always her excuse before.  She needs counseling and she owes it to the next man not to even start anything until she is over whatever it is.  

The whole thing bringing in Nicole's baby was distracting - all I could think was how Marilyn was already able to adopt Jett. Silly to bring it up now.   

Great another triangle with a brand new guy - they are really rushing it on with he and Evie.  

Phoebe should not lose that baby in that they will have had all that drama out of it and then it goes away.  Seems cheap of the writers if they do that. 

Hunter is nuts.  He seems to think he and his mother are a package deal, and why think that?  He already grew up without a father.  Many people are not with the parents of their child, especially after that time period.  He keeps saying Zach does not care about "us."  He seems to believe Leah has to go.  It has to be him and his mother both.  Just irrational.  

Can someone explain to me why Phoebe would say it would be better for the baby if Kyle was the father rather than Ash? She said something about Kyle being good with babies, but from what I've seen, Kyle is a stubborn moron who makes consistently bad choices - just recently the gambling and refusing to go to the hospital incidents. I can't imagine what he must have got up to before I started watching.

I'm not hating Charlotte as much as I did when she first arrived on the scene (the whole Matt fling thing), but that Hunter is a real piece of work. Still, I don't blame Zach for wanting to get to know a son he didn't get to watch growing up - just hope he doesn't end up getting too hurt by Hunter's manipulations.

Yes good points about Kyle being a dad.  I think Phoebe is focusing on that he really wants children whereas Ash doesn't.  But he does indeed make very bad choices.  And he came into H&A kidnapping and torturing Casey and planning to kill him so a pretty terrible history.

Charlotte is doing Hunter no favours by covering up his crimes, it's all about how she feels rather than what is best for him.  And how come all of a sudden he has a conscience, he has shown no sign of it before.

I didn't know all that about Kyle. That is a terrible history. Phoebe is not thinking that she didn't want a child until she actually got pregnant and not even then at first, so maybe she should give Ash a break and give him time to get his head around the whole thing. I guess if you get involved with the Braxton crew, you're able to let things go that would cause most people to run a mile.

I just wonder what caused Hunter to be like he is. I know he didn't grow up with his dad, but he seems to have had a loving family and a lot of children come from a one parent household, so how come he's so screwed up? Charlotte should let him take his punishments for the stuff he does.

Agreed about Phoebe never wanting a child either and now doing a 180.

I don't understand what is supposed to have happened to the other twin.  It wouldn't just magically disappear.  Or did I miss something?

I can't believe what they did to Denny.  And we can sure see where Hunter gets the crazy from now.

I am really annoyed that they killed off Denny.  She was one of my favourite characters.  Sure hope Charlotte gets her comeuppance.  Can't believe she buried her.  I can sure see where Hunter gets it from.

I am also disappointed that Kat keeps crawling back to Nate and being so needy.  She isn't coping because she hasn't got him?  Wth?  You are a strong woman Kat, you are not reliant on a man, especially one who has shown he won't fully commit to you.

I didn't like John trying to almost bully Marilyn into remembering - be gentle.

I'm amazed they went with the old fashioned amnesia plot.  And yes in soaps, people get upset that the person does not remember.  They are a bit more realistic and post traumatic retrograde amnesia can happen.  Though not as common as it is in soap land.  Irene and Alf should be able to help.  The scenes in the last episode were silly in that Roo and Leah acted like if their attempts did not work right away, they should give up.  The idea of smells was a good one.  Merely because Marilyn did not remember immediately after smelling the foods/fragrances didn't mean she couldn't eventually.  

Jett is not being told at all - writer convenience.  Maybe they are actually bringing back Fisher who she thinks is her husband.  

Grrrr, I do not like them getting all that drama out of Phoebe's pregnancy then dropping it.  Seems like a cheap trick.  After wringing all that drama from it, the writers should have gone through with it.  

Yeah the amnesia thing is silly imo, hope that resolves soon.

I am glad the pregnancy is over, don't know how much more I could have taken of Kyle and Ash fighting and caring more about their ego's than Phoebe's well being.

Glad also that Denny is haunting Charlotte, serves her right.