Type keyword(s) to search

Home And Away - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Yes Ben is such a control freak and so rude to his family and others and Maggie keeps coddling him - can't stand him.

Yeah I didn't realize about Scarlett either.  Glad she and Kat made up.

John was really mean to Robbo.

Olivia is being insufferable about her business, first she expects orders to come flooding in within 30 seconds and is totally freaked out when they don't then freaks out when she gets orders and can't fill them and treats her friends abominably.

Am I remembering this right, didn't Scarlett's husband send some goons to kidnap her a while ago?  They are completely ignoring this?

Wow Tori says bulimia isn't a life and death matter?  It sure can be.

If I saw a guy I was interested in being so impulsive, aggressive and stupid like Ash it would put me totally off him.

Yes, her ex is still out there and so I expect him to show up any time.  Scarlett and Justin have been happy for the obligatory 5 seconds, in which case it is time to throw the heat on. 

I agree, bulimia is serious.  Maybe it seems secondary to a heart transplant patient.  Mason was overkill - the girl's death is on her bum heart.  He is a medical student.  I guess they mean to show how much he loves her by having him yell at doctors.  

I know it is plot convenience with an actor leaving, but anyone who was with Nate would not think Ash to rate that high and put up with his stuff.  I guess now Mick is going to come for his child now that Ash and Tori have been happy for the obligatory 5 seconds.

Ha!  Yes there they both are!  Mick and what's his name. 

They let Mick out even with no one to speak for him.  I forget what he did, just that it was terrible. 

Mason is way OTT with that poor woman who just got killed already wanting her heart.  

Thanks for the reminders Nozycat.  Poor Billie - a traumatic and short life she had.

Blaming Leah for not telling on Coco was not really fair.  Yet I have this feeling Leah might have done the same sort of thing to other people at some point and so might deserve it.  Funny they decided Ziggie is 19, they had her at 19, so maybe they should give up control.  

Olivia continues to be ridiculous.  I hope Hunter does not fail the exams. 

Why are they making Olivia so unlikable lately?

Wow I didn't think they were actually going to kill Beth, thought there would be a last minute save.

I get Irene wanting to help Mick but that can only end in tears.

Eta  Ugh Ben is awful.  Why do they write so many of the men as so aggressive and stupid?

Edited by Nozycat

The Astonis are awful parents and Ziggy has turned out awful.  At 19 she should be at uni or have a job.  She could model.  She is beautiful and that's why some men would put up with her, but even so, not that long as Brody is getting burned out already. 

There seems to be some hope for Coco, though.  Kind of true to life as kids can grow up in the same house and still be different. 

Olivia at least realized they were trying to study but then turning on the TV and saying act like I'm not here - oblivious.  

Agreed about the Astonis, I find Ben especially awful.

Yeah my sister and I grew up completely different.

What was Tori wearing to the funeral?  Totally inappropriate in my book.

Robbo needs to talk to Kat and she needs to stop taking confidential files home.

I thought that about Tori's first outfit - that was way too "cute" and she seemed to be leaving for it.  Then she changed and I realized at least she was wearing that to the funeral, but something about the cut seemed to "club" like it was to wear to go out dancing.  Didn't seem appropriate either.  I wonder if that's the wardrobe people thinking that dress OK or are they trying to tell us that Tori doesn't have much fashion sense!

Yeah I thought it looked like a going out dress.  Just because it was black didn't make it appropriate for a funeral imo.

Since when is the food in the diner no good?  They do a roaring trade.  And then Brodie's food is no good when he is supposed to be such a good chef.  None of this makes any sense.  Glad they have found a compromise.

I am sorry to see Scarlett go, I like her.

Yay for Coco shutting down Ryder and giving him her dad's number.  I hate how many males on this show won't take no for an answer.

Seriously Kat?  She is a grown, intelligent, professional woman, doesn't want children and she doesn't use protection.

Irene called Luc he twice tonight, then Leah said she in the same conversation.

Maggie has weird hair, looks like a really bad wig to me.

Edited by Nozycat

Lol Tori thinks Ash is sensitive and sweet.  She doesn't know him at all does she.  And once again they have broken up a couple within 5 minutes of them getting together.

Robbo is annoying me the way he is not telling Kat anything and just turns up at her work when she said no.

Edited by Nozycat

Having an anniversary alone and without the mother-in-law seemed reasonable.  Maggie's mother is a control freak for sure.  The beach wedding was cute.  

Ziggy is more likable than usual this episode.  She wasn't focused on herself as much, I guess. 

The DNA test was strange in that I thought they already knew Luc was Mick's child from the timing.  Maybe it gives Mick a better case, but then the foundation for the evidence is questionable.  He should go into court and ask for the DNA test.  

Yeah for once I was totally on Ben's side, Maggie's mother is awful.

Mick would need proof though to go to court but yes the way he did it would never stand up in court.  Typical of him though to be so underhanded.

I have totally gone off Robbo, why do they write so many men so awful?

Since Mick did do time for raping Billie, I would think he has no real chance of custody.  Merely being the biological father should not overcome that.  They are ratcheting up the drama by skirting that fact, to make it look like Mick is a real threat.  

LOL at that kid putting an arm around each girl.

Yeah but you never know what a soap will do as a plot contrivance even if it would never happen in real life.  Did Mick do time for raping Billy though?  I can't remember.  I know he went to jail, but not sure if it was for that.

Ryder is such a sleeze, but a charming one.

What's up with them going all over town trumpeting that Ash is heading to NZ with Luc?  Seems counterproductive.

So the bad guy is sitting out in the open and Robbo is walking just several feet away and doesn't see him?

Oh of course Kat's baby is Ash's and not Robbo's.  They just can't resist that type of story line can they.

Edited by Nozycat

Oh great, MORE criminals in the bay.  They are such lazy writers.

So VJ is gone, I didn't see that coming at all.

Lovely Ash, fights tooth and nail for Luc then just drops her like a hot potato for his own child - horrible man.  Run Tori, run.

Oh Olivia - silly girl.

Why they do not try to get Luc via the legal system - so very stupid.  Mick and the law could be on their tail no matter where they go.  

Yeah, I don't like the new criminal female - maybe she will have some tale of how it is not her fault she is mixed up in it. 

Edited by Kim0820

When you are dating someone who can be having a baby with their recent ex, you have to figure things move along so fast that this can happen.   There was some issue that Torie was starting this relationship too quickly and now that is coming home to roost already.  

Alf's attitude with Mick might be understandable, but it is not working.  Need to try another approach.

And then they broke up for a bit over it and got together again.  

I already lost track of what happened to Willow's 15K.  Why is Justin helping her so much?  Ready for this plot to be resolved already.  She is very proud that she looks after herself, but she doesn't do such a great job of it.  Great ending with them trapped in the car's trunk (boot?)  

I love Aussie-speak - "the cop shop" lol.  Great place to run into your friends, too. 

Ugh so tired of that story writing of getting a couple together and breaking them up over and over.  It's so boring, imo.

Willow is a total pain, run away Justin.

Heh @ the cop shop being a great place to run into your friends.

Every time I think they have mellowed Alf a bit he loses it again.  I find it so tiresome.

Willow is smiling a lot now, and it makes me notice how her smiles bares all her teeth.  So Justin gets more involved by sleeping with her.  So when he asked her what it meant, she threw him out?  Not sure if she is offended he would assume as the female she would want to do that, or offended that he wanted to do that.  

So the Robbo story goes on and on.  

Robbo is awful and I am over him.  I liked him at first but he is just an other thug.  Kat deserves much better and to find out the truth about him.

I HATE Maggie's hair.  Just had to vent about that, lol.  It's a terrible cut and style imo.

Wow how dumb and blind is Kat.  She totally endangered Tori's life and now Tori is being dumb too by not giving the address Robbo gave her.  And afaiac when a man says he is nothing without you that is not romantic and not love but a huge red flag.

And what happened to Hunter?  He was so jealous, now he is ok with Olivia going to Paris with Axel?  And he is so caught up in his big gesture that he is completely missing what is going on with Olivia.  I don't like it when people have grand plans and in putting them into action leave the other person feeling ignored, like when people make others think they have forgotten their birthday.  Why would you want to make someone feel bad?

Edited by Nozycat

Wow the stupidity of Kat and Tori knows no bounds.  Although it occurred to me that Tori may have been self-serving in keeping Kat connected with Robbo.

Amazing how quickly sales of businesses go through on these shows and pretty rude of Brodie to just walk out on the diner.

Edited by Nozycat

Yeah agreed that Robbo isn't directly responsible but imo he sure had a lot to do with it, along with Kat herself.  To me he is like one of those men that take women hostage emotionally and he even did it physically at one time.  But for him she would still be alive but then she went along with him although she didn't know everything he had done.  Totally dysfunctional relationship imo  but they were playing it as this big love affair.

Never did like Ash, his default position is always aggro and violence, yes very stupid.  Now I loathe him, and the writers, for bringing the River Boys back.  WHY?  They are awful, I don't want them.

Eta What is up with Tori and the hold Robbo has over her?  Why on earth didn't she ring the police, her reason made no sense.  She is being so stupid.

Good grief Ash and this whole revenge thing is so boring, wish they would wrap it up finally.

If I haven't said it before - I hate Maggie's hair.  All those straggly strands and she keeps shaking her head around so they keep shaking about.  I wish someone would give her a decent cut.

Wth, there is a huge explosion and everyone is going around as if nothing happened.

Edited by Nozycat

Yeah I thought the same about Roo's shirt.

Indeed, Ash deserved to be arrested.  As do all of those stupid River Boys.  And Tori and Justin deserve to be arrested for stupidity imo.

Lol @ Robbo being able to run like a gazelle after being so sick.  Glad the cop called him a cop killer, Tori seems to be completely ignoring that he is a murderer.

Hunter sure is moving on quick.

What are they doing with Tori's hair?  It is getting bigger and bigger and is now way out of proportion to her body.

Edited by Nozycat

How is it even remotely ok that Colby is having Robbo live with him?  Do his bosses know about that?

Glad Alf is finally coming around.  But why would they just assume that Martha is still alive, it's been a long time.

That is a good point about Martha.  She had opportunities to die since then, heh!

March 7 episode is a nice break - no Robbo, no Willow, no Ash or any of that story.  

The new young people are therefore nice to see, a bit by default.  

• Love 1

Hope Ash is gone for good, he is so angry and aggressive all the time.  And Robbo can go too as far as I am concerned.  So they totally whitewashed his past.  But he did kill that guy and also lied and lied to Kat and imprisoned her in the flat at one time.  And he is also so angry and aggressive.  I would like to see some male characters who have a more mature way of being in the world.

Did they forget about Leah just having become a youth worker?  Or have I missed something?

Looks like both Ash and Robbo are still around.  And Robbo was a cop and is going to be one again?  Blah.  

Surely Ethan and Raffi will end up the best of friends.  But of course it must start out this way.  

Yeah they totally retconned Robbo's story.

So stupid and thoughtless of John and Marilyn imo to bring a troubled child in when they only just took in Raffi so she could be in a stable environment - makes no sense to me.

OK so the offer is up to 35K.  Here the insurance company takes over the defense and makes the offer and their policy covers it.  So in Oz does the person not have this, (which I doubt) or is Justin an idiot?  

Yeah Olivia is a pain - move on from Hunter already and get out of Jasmine's love life.

Heh, Justin is an idiot.  It's soap opera plot contrivance.  Don't know if he even has insurance.

Great idea to have 2 teenagers with hormones raging under the same roof.  It was so obvious that Raffy would fall in love with Ty.

(edited)

Ebony is such a boring villain.  I didn't like Izzy in Neighbours but at least she had some pizzaz and was interesting.   Ebony is just so bland.

Jasmine is being stupid with Colby and doing her best to send him running.

As if Robbo was fit enough to beat all those fit young guys - he is carrying too much weight.

It seems like Colby never told Jasmine that it was a secret that he was a river boy, he should stop blaming her.  And what was up with meeting with Dean immediately after he had been told not to - stupid.

Edited by Nozycat
(edited)

Really Tori?  Ash is back to his usual self?  His usual self was aggressive, hostile, quick tempered, violent, dishonest - she doesn't seem to remember any of that long before Kat died.

What is with all the Saint Maggie ads?  I have never warmed to her and all that saccharine stuff is just putting me off her more.

Edited by Nozycat