Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Hollywood Ending

Why do I have this horrible suspicion that Daniel is going to be sacrificed just as Peggy realizes what she feels for him? Don't go there, show!

In this weeks 10pm episode, I think its clear that Peggy realizes what she feels for Sousa.

Either way, I hope this is a season finale and not a series finale.

• Love 2

Why do I have this horrible suspicion that Daniel is going to be sacrificed just as Peggy realizes what she feels for him? Don't go there, show!

I don't foresee anything too awful happening to Daniel. Maybe a close call or something. If I had to bet, I'd say we'll finally get an uninterrupted Peggy/ Sousa kiss at the end.

• Love 1

Can I take a moment to vent about these half-assed little 10 episode "seasons"? Networks: is your support for these shows equivocal due to mediocre following and ratings, or are the ratings and followings mediocre because the shows disappear from the air for months at a damned time? 

• Love 3

Or are the networks moving from 20-22 episode seasons to the 10-12 episode seasons because they can then be sold to Netflix/Crave/Hulu etc for the binge watchers for immediate cash, rather than having to get 100 (or 50 or 75) episodes for syndication on the second run circuit.

Actually the thing that bothers me the most about these short seasons is that the episodes I miss won't be available for ages.

Even 2015 Oscar-nominated movies are on the DVD shelves at my supermarket, but not 2014 television series. Poot.

• Love 6

I've got a Nielsen Diary this week and just wanted to let everyone know that I will be doing my best to save the show!

(Which will be kind of hard considering I will be the only one watching in the house, but I will write it in ALL CAPS.)

• Love 12

And Sousa wins the Mr. Carter sweepstakes with the last-second act of selfless heroism!

I kinda figured Jack was doomed, but I didn't see that ending coming. 

Dominic Cooper was so good as Howard, looking forward to him as Jesse Custer.

• Love 3

I think it's safe to say that Peggy's brother was the guy at the end.

I hate to say this but I thought the episode, particularly the resolution of the Whitney Frost threat, was very anti-climatic.  It wasn't big enough for a season finale (which might sadly be a series finale).  The episode itself wasn't bad.  The ending was a lot of fun and the cast was all entertaining (very much enjoyed Ken Marino's character again).  But I can't help but feel "That's it?" when it comes to this finale.

• Love 10
(edited)

I guess Sousa is Mr. Carter. I wonder if they'll name their son Jack. Since it looks like he was killed. Probably by Michael Carter. That redacted file is probably his. Because I think it only said M. Carter. 

Jarvis hitting Whitney with the car was great. I also liked seeing everyone work together to stop her. Howard hitting on Rose was great too. Poor Samberly, I think he's been friendzoned. 

I really hope we get a third season, just to tie it up. I know

Peggy's funeral is Civil War. I wonder if they'll reveal anything like she's Margaret Sousa-Carter or something.

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)

Well, damn, I didn't see Thompson's death coming like that! Just when he and Peggy finally hit a detente. Can't say I'll miss him, but it was a memorable way to go out, at least, and it was somewhat nice that he and Peggy kind of reconciled before the end. That file DEFINITELY refers to some actually happened, super shady stuff that Peggy's brother was up to.

Otherwise, I gotta say I was underwhelmed by the finale. It just...wasn't that interesting. Not a great episode (I hope it's not a series finale because this show deserves a better permanent sendoff). Someone in the writing room has a huge crush on Sousa, because show, I do NOT watch to see Sousa get the Big Damn Hero moments. Seriously, I can't believe they gave that moment to him instead of Peggy! In what universe is Peggy not the one to just go do it while everyone else argues over it? It's just as bad as the writers' "Yes, I know my worth" cop-out last season. Nor do I watch to see Peggy, a woman who's had to scrap and claw for every ounce of respect in the workplace, act like a twelve-year-old girl with no self-control in said workplace. Ugh, hated what they did with Peggy tonight. Characterization issues aside, I've been resigned to Peggy/Sousa for a while but I still think it's a terrible pairing--zero chemistry and Sousa has all the personality/charisma of my lamp. Enver Gjokaj must have a great agent.

Jarvis, Peggy + Jarvis, and Peggy + Jarvis + Anna were all incredibly delightful as always. Nice to see Howard again! I got a good cackle out of his "I'm not thinking bad thoughts about you!...Wait, there's one," as totally inappropriate as it was. I also got a good chuckle out of him hitting on Rose and Samberley getting so pissed. And Jarvis hitting Whitney with the car and then coolly being like "She's resilient, she'll be fine!"? Awesome! I really feel like Jarvis has come into his own this season bigtime. I want 37 more seasons of him and Peggy being awesome together, with the occasional side helping of Howard.

I also want Whitney to go slightly more sane again and come back to threaten Our Heroes. Great villain!

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 9

I can't believe the way it ended for Jack Thompson.  I loved to hate him, then I just hate him, then I go back to loving to hate him, THEN I start to like him and now he's dead?!?!?!?   These writers are very good at developing characters IMO because I cared and was a little gut punched when Thompson was killed.   He was a jerk and a wheeler dealer but he was good at his job and when down to the wire he was usually on the side of the angels.   Had he lived I think he and Peggy would have gone on keeping each other on their toes but at the same time would have made a wonderful team.   I think he grew to truly value Peggy's opinion in the end and that is a far cry from where he started from when we first met the character.

I also like that the quieter moments of the episode just reiterated that I have truly come to adore Peggy Carter.  The way she told Wilks that constantly wondering and ruminating on "What might have been is know way to live", I don't know, I just find this woman so relatable.

I've always liked Sousa and Peggy so their "Hollywood Ending" was sweet to me.   They have that old film kind of chemistry IMO so Sousa pointing out that Peggy reacted the same way he did when she thought he might die was cute.   As was Peggy "jumping" him. LOL.

I want an additional season because I want to know what happened to Jack and why.   I wasn't as enamored with the more Sci Fi aspects of this seasons plot line but I love the espionage aspect of Peggy's adventures and that seems to be what led to Jack's demise.

• Love 4

I'll miss Jarvis most of all.  I want one!

After the last two weeks, this was a bit of a let down but still much more entertaining than nearly anything else on the tube - I love the humor, the heart, the goofy, the end of the world stuff - all of it and really do like all the characters - which I rarely do anymore but...Jarvis!  

If we can't have the gang, then a show of Jarvis - that look when she said she would take a taxi - such a wounded puppy and the little leap while yelping "splendid!" when she said he could take her, how can you not love this pup?    

• Love 13
(edited)

I'm not going to automatically assume Thompson is dead. Yes, of course he's probably dying, but if there's a season 3 I have a feeling he'll be back. No one pronounced him dead, therefore it's an open question IMO.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 14

Hit the right notes and had some fun surprises.  Not a fun surprise, but I was not expecting Jack's apparent demise.  I liked what they did with him this season though.

If we can't have the gang, then a show of Jarvis - that look when she said she would take a taxi - such a wounded puppy and the little leap while yelping "splendid!" when she said he could take her, how can you not love this pup?

That was my very favorite moment.  I love Peggy and Jarvis as a duo.  I like Jarvis and Howard quite a bit too.  And Jarvis and Anna.  Perhaps I'm just a fan of anything involving Jarvis.

Sousa hasn't been a favorite of mine but he has grown on me a lot this season.

Glad we got this second season.

• Love 1

That was a satisfying enough ending, even if bits of the climax were a tiny bit cheesy.

-yay for Peggysous!

-two moments I wasn't expecting: the Manfredi/Howard twist and the Agent CMM getting shot and killed (or at least it looked like he's dead). You will not be missed.

-My heart actually ached for Manfredi at the end? He seems to really love Whitney. I've grown to enjoy his character, despite him being a bad guy.

-speaking of Whitney, it was a bit anti-climactic how they stopped her, but I'm happy to know that that might not be the end of her because she's a great villain.

-i knew Wilkes would get hired by Howard

-lastly, I love Howard and I don't care who knows it.

There's definitely enough set up for a season 3 if it actually happens.

• Love 3

This was a great way to end the season. I'm currently a bit consumed with all my Peggy/Daniel feels, I must admit. That kiss at the end was perfect. They got their "Hollywood Ending" and damn was it deserved. Peggy has been through so much and she deserves to be happy.

Kudos to this show and the amazing writers for making me actually care about a villain, because I felt truly sympathetic for Whitney at the end. I feel a bit bad for Manfredi too, because he actually does love her, and they're sort of sweet, in a twisted supervillain-y kind of way.

Howard is ridiculous, but you can't help but love him. I was cracking up seeing him clearly more concerned about the mustard than about a mobster breaking in to his house. Never let it be said that Howard doesn't have his priorities straight. Jarvis was great as always, accidentally hitting Whitney with the car and the way he held his hands up so high like he was landing a gymnastics routine while Manfredi had the gun on him. Ana is delightful as always, and if the show returns I hope to see more of her.

That ending was crazy. I expected some cliffhanger involving the file, but I didn't expect Thompson to get shot. I've had a feeling that the file was actually about Peggy's brother Michael, and that his death was faked for some reason. If the show returns (please let it return!) that would make a fascinating storyline. It would be heartbreaking to watch Peggy learn that her brother is/was a traitor and/or committed terrible war crimes.

(As an aside, much thanks to my local ABC station for silently airing the Super Tuesday results at the bottom of the screen rather than interrupting the broadcast! See, it's not that hard, people.)

• Love 8
(edited)

I can't believe the way it ended for Jack Thompson.  I loved to hate him, then I just hate him, then I go back to loving to hate him, THEN I start to like him and now he's dead?!?!?!?

I want an additional season because I want to know what happened to Jack and why.   I wasn't as enamored with the more Sci Fi aspects of this seasons plot line but I love the espionage aspect of Peggy's adventures and that seems to be what led to Jack's demise.

This is just how I feel, except I'm not convinced Jack is dead.

This was a great way to end the season. I'm currently a bit consumed with all my Peggy/Daniel feels, I must admit. That kiss at the end was perfect.

Howard is ridiculous, but you can't help but love him.

Again, my feelings precisely.

Ah, Jarvis! I especially loved how Jarvis put down the mustard without bending his arms, and then shot them right back up again.

I want a Season 3, and I want Rose and Angie to be part of it.

"Good point." Aw!

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

CMM was unexpectedly delightful. If his character really is dead and we do get a third season, it could be driven by Peggy's determination to bring those responsible for his death to justice.

• Love 1

I also feel that this season finale was a let down, it was just so anti-climactic.  

I was really hoping that at the end we would find out that Whitney would be in a full mask at the asylum after her mental breakdown that has her talking w/ Calvin  in her mind.  It just think it would bring the whole Madame Masque thing to it's eventual comic roots.  The orderly explaining she clawed her face as we got would be just enough to make it believable.

• Love 3

Loved that very exuberant kiss at the end.  I can't help but think that Hayley Atwell ad libbed the kiss and took Enver by surprise LOL.

I simply adore this series and I want more.  Any suggestions who we can bombard with emails?  Letters?  Chocolates?  Puppies?

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm thinking that if ABC doesn't pick up the show for S3, I could see Netflix going for it to add another Marvel Series to their programming...heck I could even see Amazon trying to pick up the series.  Marvel series are always going to be a ratings-getter, even if the series is mediocre like the forthcoming return of AoS.

Edited by CMH1981

I'm thinking that if ABC doesn't pick up the show for S3, I could see Netflix going for it to add another Marvel Series to their programming...heck I could even see Amazon trying to pick up the series.

If Amazon picks this up, it will finally prompt me to get Prime.

• Love 1

So if Jack is dead (or incapacitated), they could bring Souza back to New York to replace him, keeping him together with Peggy.  Besides Daniel and Jarvis, I wonder who else they would bring from this year's cast.

• Love 1

This was a great way to end the season. I'm currently a bit consumed with all my Peggy/Daniel feels, I must admit. That kiss at the end was perfect. They got their "Hollywood Ending" and damn was it deserved. Peggy has been through so much and she deserves to be happy.

Kudos to this show and the amazing writers for making me actually care about a villain, because I felt truly sympathetic for Whitney at the end. I feel a bit bad for Manfredi too, because he actually does love her, and they're sort of sweet, in a twisted supervillain-y kind of way.

Howard is ridiculous, but you can't help but love him. I was cracking up seeing him clearly more concerned about the mustard than about a mobster breaking in to his house. Never let it be said that Howard doesn't have his priorities straight. Jarvis was great as always, accidentally hitting Whitney with the car and the way he held his hands up so high like he was landing a gymnastics routine while Manfredi had the gun on him. Ana is delightful as always, and if the show returns I hope to see more of her.

That ending was crazy. I expected some cliffhanger involving the file, but I didn't expect Thompson to get shot. I've had a feeling that the file was actually about Peggy's brother Michael, and that his death was faked for some reason. If the show returns (please let it return!) that would make a fascinating storyline. It would be heartbreaking to watch Peggy learn that her brother is/was a traitor and/or committed terrible war crimes.

What if her brother was an earlier subject of the Winter Soldier program? It would be a way to tie the events of the show in to the modern MCU.

So if Jack is dead (or incapacitated), they could bring Souza back to New York to replace him, keeping him together with Peggy. Besides Daniel and Jarvis, I wonder who else they would bring from this year's cast.

I don't think production on Agent Carter would move back to NYC, though. My understanding is that they moved production to LA to cut costs this season. Given the show's ratings, if it comes back on whatever platform, it seems unlikely their budget would be bigger than it was this season, so I'd assume they want to stay in the cheaper place.

I'd love the show to move back to NYC, though, so I hope I'm wrong. The show really lost something by losing the noir-ish vibe the city provided, imo.

• Love 3

Loved that very exuberant kiss at the end. I can't help but think that Hayley Atwell ad libbed the kiss and took Enver by surprise LOL.

I was clapping like a demented seal when peggysous finally made out!

I simply adore this series and I want more. Any suggestions who we can bombard with emails? Letters? Chocolates? Puppies?

I would say Channing Dungey and Ben Sherwood, but when it comes to Marvel properties I think decisions are made above their heads. If Disney wants "Agent Carter" on air it will be regardless of how the folks at ABC feel.

• Love 1

Fitting title to this episode. The big bad gets hers, Peggy gets her guy, Jason gets a stable job and status quo, and Jarvis continues to be funny. Oh, and Jack ends up getting shot. But come on, he was going to get shot sooner or later.

I'm hoping we'll get a third season. Or maybe Agents of SHIELD can step up its game.

• Love 2

What if her brother was an earlier subject of the Winter Soldier program? It would be a way to tie the events of the show in to the modern MCU.

I never even considered that, but I agree that would be a great way to tie things in and would provide a great conflict for (hopefully!) the next season. I couldn't figure out why Michael would've killed innocent civilians willingly, so this scenario would make a lot more sense.

That was seriously one of the best kisses ever. Damn.

Right? I would have settled for just a simple kiss, so this far exceeded my expectations. I actually thought it would happen after Daniel nearly got pulled into the rift, but what we got was definitely worth waiting until the end for.

They needed to sneak into a villain's hideout and they pick the guy with the bum leg?  When the only skill needed was to use a camera?  That seems like some dubious planning there. 

Since this was probably the series finale I was expecting a nod to founding SHIELD.  They know that the Council had their hands in the SSR so why not create an independent agency (that will be infiltrated by HYDRA, but no one's perfect). 

Howard's a hoot and I can't really see him turning into the asshole dad that Tony described him as.  Oblivious and absentee, sure, but not a distant ass.

• Love 2

They needed to sneak into a villain's hideout and they pick the guy with the bum leg?  When the only skill needed was to use a camera?  That seems like some dubious planning there.

If Whitney caught them, they'd need somebody who can defend themselves, and Sousa has shown time and time again he can do that.  Howard, Jarvis, and Wilkes may have 2 healthy legs, but they're nowhere in the class of Sousa in fighting.

• Love 2

Eh, even with only ten episodes, it just felt as if there was not enough story and the plot felt padded out.

And while Stark does does liven things up when he appears, having him show up for the finale, again, makes it feel as it the producers are falling back on formula. 

Compared to the first season, this one just seemed slightly warmed over. I feel that it would have helped if they had jumped right into the story of Agent Carter's not-dead brother. Whitney and Wilkes were good characters, but they milked them too much to hold my interest. 

• Love 5

Howard's a hoot and I can't really see him turning into the asshole dad that Tony described him as.  Oblivious and absentee, sure, but not a distant ass.

Dominic Cooper was awesome. It's cool to me that pre-IM Tony and pre-SHIELD Howard are so much alike. Poor Howard, the crazy horrible things Howard had to deal with as a SHIELD founder wore down the fun loving anti misogynist the way rain wears down a mountain.

I can understand why so many posters were underwhelmed with the season finale (::::fingers in ears tralala NOT a series finale tralala::::. ABC did the series no favors by presenting two back to back weeks of feature length content to end with a finale that felt truncated.

So I guess the consensus is that Jack's dead? I cling to the thoughts I had when I went through this with another show ("those entrails are coming from his shoulder, dammit!"). Hypothesizing about the shooter, I don't understand why killing Jack was necessary to get the file. Sure, it was the easiest way to put him down and pick up the goods but why kill him for just that? Ah well, it was as good a cliff hangar as any. I <3 Thompson.

Agreed with other posters that Whitney was a fantastic and sympathetic villain. Good job show.

I was glad we got to see everyone from Ana to Manfredi and his nana to Cal. 

Will it help if I hold my breath until they announce an S3?

• Love 2

My biggest laugh of the night was Howard and Rose:  "Your perfume is driving me mad, what is it?" "Rinso!" Lesley Boone's grinning delivery of that slayed me dead. Had to pause to catch my breath.

Second was Jarvis being sorry/not sorry for hitting Whitney with the car.

I'm sad it's over!!!!!

• Love 3