Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: The Gang Goes To Hell

• Start Topic

The gang tries to shake things up by going on a cruise but find that old habits die hard even out at sea.

Anybody else disappointed that the plot doesn't have the Gang dying and going to hell? Maybe the guys are saving that for the series finale.

• Love 1

Anybody else disappointed that the plot doesn't have the Gang dying and going to hell? 

Let's not assume too quickly! Though we will have to wait a week to see how literally true that is. 

Looks like the plot was closer to the title than I figured. Of course the Gang would sink a Christian-themed cruise ship. Of course Dennis would use his "implications" to scare a young woman into sex. Of course Dee would punch somebody. Of course Frank and Charlie would dress like a ship captain and Gilligan. The part where Mac discovers he's gay? That was surprising.

Just so I'm clear . . . is this the first two-part story since the high school reunion?

• Love 1

When they were in the brig, Dee turns to Mac and says, "Rob, I can't do this!" or something similar while he is going on about there being no God. I was surprised they didn't catch her using his real name. I watched it twice to make sure. 

When Mac went to the table and told them there were two gay guys and Charlie responded in a deadpan voice, "Who's the other one?" I laughed so hard my dog jumped. It just jumped out at me. I'm sorry the season is almost over. 

• Love 5

I love when the gang just happens get each other. Dennis is winding up for a big explanation on "implications" and Dee is just like "yeah I get it".

When they were in the brig, Dee turns to Mac and says, "Rob, I can't do this!" or something similar while he is going on about there being no God. I was surprised they didn't catch her using his real name. I watched it twice to make sure. 

I thought she was yelling "Wrong!" Or maybe just a frustrated roar. It doesn't make sense to me as her saying his name, although now that you mention it I can see it sounding that way.

Anybody else disappointed that the plot doesn't have the Gang dying and going to hell? Maybe the guys are saving that for the series finale.

Weren't they renewed for this and a second season? It would be a funny way to end the show, but I remember them getting a couple more years.

I heard it too and wondered if I had imagined it.

Did Frank and Charlie drank boat fuel to get drunk?

"Five minutes later..." cracked me up.

Oh, and also, I loved that Mac's discovery that he loved show-tunes and musicals was performing "Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat" from "Guys and Dolls".  Of course it was.  Ha!

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought she was yelling "Wrong!" Or maybe just a frustrated roar. It doesn't make sense to me as her saying his name, although now that you mention it I can see it sounding that way.

Mac ended his statement with "there is no Hell" and Dee responds with "Wrong" and goes on to explain how they are in it.

Edited by jquitar
  • Love 1

When Mac went to the table and told them there were two gay guys and Charlie responded in a deadpan voice, "Who's the other one?" I laughed so hard my dog jumped. It just jumped out at me. I'm sorry the season is almost over. 

And the rest of the gang's reaction too!  I was dying.

I love how undramatic Mac's coming out was.  "well I'm gay."  "Well duh." 

I loved the allegories of the gang to the seven deadly sins.  Dennis=Lust, Dee=Wrath, Frank=Gluttony.  If we were to fill the rest out Mac=Pride and Charlie=Sloth.  They all have traits of Greed and Envy although I would also give Envy to Dennis since he has already made a head in a box out of clay this season.

• Love 2

Another fantastic episode!

Dee understanding "implications" and having an implication system of her own? Fabulous. 

Mac killed it from start to finish. He left his other church because it was becoming super Vietnamese! He can't help himself but I love that he sees song and dance becoming a huge part of his life. 

This is the first episode Dennis actually scared me. I LOVE Dennis and his sociopathic ways have brought me so much joy but I was cringing when he was talking to that poor girl outside of her cabin.

And fun fact? I immediately recognized the interior shots from the Queen Mary in Long Beach! Yay! I've been to a Sunny shoot location before! 

• Love 3
When Mac went to the table and told them there were two gay guys and Charlie responded in a deadpan voice, "Who's the other one?"

That might be the best one-liner in the entire series.

This was funny, but really disturbing.

I thought the church group was a gay group from the start, and they assumed Mac was gay. I didn't expect it to play out like that. But, 5 minutes...welp, I'm gay! was seriously hilarious. 

I'm wondering if something is going to happen and Mac will think he's cured, or if he'll actually be gay for the rest of the serious run. Because you can totally see him being super into being gay. 

• Love 1