Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Admit it. You Can't Stand The View.

stormygone
  • Start Topic

SE Cupp was supposed to be on the show today, and as I've never seen her before - I wanted to watch and see why so many do not like her (especially Rosie and Whoopie - HA!)  but of course the entire episode was pre-empted over here.  Does anyone have a link to today's show?  I usually can see them on Yidio-but it isn't available.

Thanks.

Yeah, Sherri linking strong white male names to serial killers.  Made me think of that cute little gif of the black kid say, "That's racist."  How does her mind work?

How sweet of her to call us family a couple of times, unless that wasn't meant for us white people.  She might have been being sarcastic.  Who the hell knows.

She obviously didn't give a crap about today's show...and it showed.  First thing she calls October Gonzales "April."  Jenny should have been moderator.

The non-photo shopped segment was kinda interesting.

Sherri said she has a friend named April Gonzales - for what it's worth.

• Love 1

Who is this Brad Paisley?? Also, why are they making such a big deal out of him?? His song wasn't all that impressive..... I guess he has a famous wife..... I just don't get it

Oh.... I gotta say..... there isn't anything wrong with October Gonzalez.... but I don't see why they are so impressed with her.... the ESPN lady isn't all that either

Edited by RogerFromOhio

Brad Paisley (in case the question was serious):  Starting with the release of his 1999 debut album  Paisley has recorded nine studio albums and a Christmas compilation on the Arista Nashville label, with all of his albums certified gold or higher by the RIAA.[1] In addition, as of 2013 he has scored 32 Top 10 singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, 18 of which have reached No. 1 and holds the record of 10 consecutive singles reaching the top spot on the chart.

Paisley has sold over 12 million albums and won three Grammy Awards, 14 Academy of Country Music Awards, 14 Country Music Association Awards, two American Music Awards and has earned country music's crowning achievement, becoming a member of the Grand Ole Opry.[2]

• Love 1

Yep, Sherri sure didn't give a crap about today's show. What a way to go out, so unprofessionally (not that she was professional before). Also, why have a random "new" show in the middle of weeks of old shows?

Totally ridiculous that she called October Gonzalez "April." How embarrassing.  At least she admitted that she only met her a minute ago. Then she made herself look even more foolish when she said the producers kept repeating to Sherri that her name is October, when Sherri insisted it was April.

O.G. did ok, and she seems likeable, but I don't get the fascination with her? Since it seems she got the job, "it's so funny" (TM Sherri) that they would pick her without screen-testing her first. 

• Love 3

I wonder if yesterday's show was one of the extra shows they made to test April, er, October with an audience.  They did a couple with her and Whoopi and Rosie, right?  I must say she didn't make much of an impression.  She was pleasant enough, but just kind of there.  I had to laugh at Sherri getting her name wrong.  Did Sherri know at this point that October was going to get her job?  The name mix up = passive aggressive much?  

Supposedly the August reruns are the best of the past year yet they only seem to be rerunning the latest shows.  I guess they are too lazy to look back in the archives for anything before the last month or two.  Can't say I blame them though.

I hate country music but I kind of liked Paisley's song.  I'd probably hate the full band version but the accoustic version was sweet.

• Love 1

I think it the announcer just said "NFL wife October Gonzalez" as her claim to fame. I thought we were long past the days of women being defined by their husband's job.

I saw nothing interesting about the woman - why was she hired? She's not especially charismatic, just a generic pretty girl. Today's show was painful.

• Love 1

I don't judge October Gonzalez too harshly, since she was paired with Sherri and Jenny. I like her better than either one of them though, and her sole role may be to be lightweight, young, and pretty, since Rosie, Whoopi, and Nicole will all be heavyweights, imo. I think she'll work fine, but we'll see.

I've known Brad Paisley for a long time, although I've never liked him. He does have good songs, like "Alcohol," "Celebrity," "When I Get Where I'm Going" (with Dolly Parton), and most of all "Whiskey Lullaby" (with Alison Krauss, who makes the song), but his voice is awful, imo, which is why I've never bought anything by him.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 1

I gotta say... he is a musician..... a good guitar player ..... but that whiny nasal voice that country music seems so proud of .....drives me nuts

OMG, if anyone ever wants to torture me, just lock me in a room and pipe that in nonstop. It would be worse than water boarding.

I wonder if yesterday's show was one of the extra shows they made to test April, er, October with an audience.  They did a couple with her and Whoopi and Rosie, right?  I must say she didn't make much of an impression.  She was pleasant enough, but just kind of there.  I had to laugh at Sherri getting her name wrong.  Did Sherri know at this point that October was going to get her job?  The name mix up = passive aggressive much?  

I didn't see the show, but based on what I've read here, that's what I was thinking.

• Love 2

OMG, if anyone ever wants to torture me, just lock me in a room and pipe that in nonstop. It would be worse than water boarding.

I didn't see the show, but based on what I've read here, that's what I was thinking.

I went to Lexington Ky one time to meet a girl from the internet..... She was a country music fan and it was on a lot..... Ill tell ya... if she wasn't as cute as she was I don't think Id have lasted 3 full days

• Love 4

Count me in as another who thought Sherri was just being nasty because she knows October is the woman "taking" her job (as if Sherri's poor performance didn't have everything to do with it). October played it off well, regardless. Poor Sherri. Too bad, so sad.

• Love 4

That whole thing with October/April was just another Sherri moment I guess. She looked like a dope.

I think October did well considering who  the others at the table were and the topics. She seems to have some common sense at least.

• Love 1

Just saw that BW was on abcdigital discussing Joan Rivers. That sure didn't take long.

Made me sick actually because BW mentioned Joan's unhappy marriage and her husband committing suicide and things that were unnecessary to say publically about one's personal friend, particularly at a time like this. I can't stand BW. Always at the ready.....and pulling out the salacious things about even friends.

I have seen several celebrities today interviewed and none were nasty and actually a little stunned and quite sad.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 8

Just saw that BW was on abcdigital discussing Joan Rivers.

Good old Barbara. I didn't see it but I believe it for sure. Why is she like that (can't blame old age, it's not new) and why is she given air time? Ugh.

• Love 4

I'm sure that ABC news called Barbara for the interview, since they were not only friends but tough, strong women who came of age when opportunities for women were a fraction of what's common today. And everyone has been recounting the story about her failed talk show and her husband's suicide, so I don't think she was out of line there - this is a news story, after all.

• Love 1

I actually heard BW and she embellished a tad about some of Joan's unhappy events....while other outlets tamed it with her spirit to overcome those tragic events. Even showed clips of her doing it.

BW even ended up saying there was not a man in Joan's life after her marriage. WTF?

• Love 5

One thing The VIew did over the years was let us get a glimpse at the real Babs especially as she's gotten older. It appears as if she either quit trying to put on that flaky nice act because it became too hard to keep up or she's literally been loosing it little by little these past few years. I remember reading about her daughter relapsing with alcohol and etc. and all I could think was if she treated/treats her the way she has treated guests on The View and talked about them when they weren't guests I can see how her daughter has such troubles. 

• Love 5

I guess we'll see how much ABC values her opinions (not real friendship) in the next couple of days.....I've just seen her on abcdigital.......a site I've not visited before but found when I googled.

Actually BW said something that implied she would go out with Joan "with" a third friend but didn't name her, and sounded like that was in the past.

Hope someone can post the link so I don't think I  misunderstood.

One thing The VIew did over the years was let us get a glimpse at the real Babs especially as she's gotten older. It appears as if she either quit trying to put on that flaky nice act because it became too hard to keep up or she's literally been loosing it little by little these past few years. I remember reading about her daughter relapsing with alcohol and etc. and all I could think was if she treated/treats her the way she has treated guests on The View and talked about them when they weren't guests I can see how her daughter has such troubles. 

I think Barbara's a mean, nasty witch, but having a crappy parent doesn't make one an alcoholic.

• Love 6

I think Joan Rivers and Barbara Walters both had "mean nasty witch"  sides of them, and it was going to be a contest as to who would outlive the other and make the nasty comments.  

When Joan Rivers was on Celebrity apprentice, she really showed her true colors.  She pretty much made her living the last several years making nasty comments about people, so if someone wants to make those comments about her  - well, they've been saving them up for the day they can say them without repercussions.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1

I think Barbara's a mean, nasty witch, but having a crappy parent doesn't make one an alcoholic.

That's not what I was implying and I apologize if anyone else took it that way. I know from being related to someone who was a pretty severe drug addict and alcoholic that addiction doesn't care care what kind of life you have especially if there's a family history and that person has an addictive personality. I only meant that I can see how having a Mother like Babs could contribute to Jackie's issues with staying sober.

• Love 2

Interesting that they aired the episode in which Whoopi was so adamant about men being entitled to hit women who hit them first, in light of the Rice video. Does she still think Mrs Rice deserved what she got?

• Love 2

Interesting that they aired the episode in which Whoopi was so adamant about men being entitled to hit women who hit them first, in light of the Rice video. Does she still think Mrs Rice deserved what she got?

No one "deserves" to be hit.... but if you watch the video you can see her spit in his face..... that is probably what her apology was for.... but again.... he should never have hit her.

• Love 1

The View should be subtitled "We're 18 now.  Maybe it's time we grow up a bit."  

First week guests:

Mo 9/15: Season Premiere
Tu 9/16: Kirsten Dunst, Rachael Ray
We 9/17: Neil Patrick Harris, Tim McGraw
Th 9/18: Jessica Chastain
Fr 9/19: Billy Crystal (him and Whoopi together is going to be a sob fest.) 

• Love 2

Rosie talks The View.

A few highlights...she requested the studio move ("old studio had rats"), pretaped Hot Topic Overviews ("to set the facts"), no "flat earth" comments (ha).

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/rosie-odonnell-the-view-return-interview-1201301076/

Would it be too much to hope the ban on flat earth commentary also extends to kooky 9/11 tinfoil conspiracy theories? I adore Rosie, but Sherri ain't the only one with mockable views.

Yay, Jessica Chastain! What does that woman have to do to get an Oscar around here anyway? But I'm not tuning in for celebrities and fluff. I'm there for the politics and hoping against hope Nicole Wallace has something besides BENGHAZI!!! In her vocabulary.

• Love 2