Type keyword(s) to search

Matt 'Bad News' Baier

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

Did anyone catch when Amber said "the kids are in their 20's now" as a way of justifying Matts lack of involvement?

I really wanted to scream at the T.V and say "look crazy chic... Just because they're in their 20's NOW doesn't make him abandoning them when they WERE kids okay!!"

In Ambers mind, it's okay that you've abandoned your kids once they've reached 18 years old. "They're in their 20's now so it doesn't count anymore because it's in the past." Lol she didn't say that I'm just adding that.

Matt's too. He said something along the lines of them being adults so they're not his kids now. What? I think he's just trying to keep the abandoned kiddie count as low as possible. I think she's pretty much parroting whatever he says.

• Love 3

Amber is in her 20's! Her father has passed. How does that feel? I'm sure Amber would have a problem with someone saying her dad's death shouldn't bother her because she's in her 20's now and her dad fell ill when when she younger any way so it's ok. No big deal.

Good God these two are clueless.

• Love 9

I love in the "Unseen Moments," how they only show Matt talking on the phone, could it be he has no friends or people that will film with him, you know it's a producer talking to him. Unreal!

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 5

Matt is so gross. You definitely don't stop being a father just because your kids are grown. My father quit speaking to me when I was 26, because he didn't like some of the choices I was making. (Moved in with my husband after only a few months, I got pregnant before we got married, etc.) It's now been 10 years. I tried once to reach out, he wasn't having it. It kills me every freaking day. I can't even imagine the pain and confusion Matt's MULTIPLE abandonments have caused his children. Even if you recognize that your dad is probably a crappy person to have done that to you anyhow, it doesn't stop you from feeling rejected and insecure. It doesn't stop you from wanting a relationship. 

And yea, they're grown NOW. Were they grown when he abandoned them? So he was an addict back then? Okay. You're not now. Isn't there something in recovery about making amends? Shouldn't he be apologizing and trying to re-establish relationships NOW? You don't stop being related to someone past a certain age, for fuck's sake! 

About Amber, I don't know...I seem to remember her having a very rocky relationship with both of her parents. Weren't they both addicts of some sort, and very in and out of her life? Didn't her grandma help raise her at times? I can see her thinking it's perfectly normal for dads not to be involved with their older kids. 

• Love 10

http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/2016/03/28/exclusive-matt-baiers-teen-mom-og-checks-are-being-used-to-pay-his-baby-mamas/

Sorta good news, some of creepy Matt's poor kids mothers actually receive money from his Mtv checks, the ball is starting to roll!

Well Matt has really come up since he slid into Amber's DM huh?

So not only does he get to be a TeeVee star, he gets to lay around on his ass all day and not even think about working. And on top of that, he gets the child support he wasn't even thinking about paid off by MTV. He's never going to let Amber go. She might try to break free be he's going to be pulling out his fiercest Jedi mind tricks to keep her.

Hoes just keep on winning.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 6

So, they report 65% percent of his check will be withheld for child support. At least 15% will go to IRS/taxes too (unless he regards the IRS like he does his children). He gets to keep 20% of his MTV bonanza.

I wonder how much MTV paid him? If they paid him $50k, he only ends up with $10k in his pocket.

• Love 3

What about the house flipping income? Somebody posted that those houses are in his name only. I hope the mothers of his children are reporting all of this. It would be hilarious if one of his baby mamas ends up living in one of the flipped houses. That would serve Matt and Amber right.

• Love 4

So, they report 65% percent of his check will be withheld for child support. At least 15% will go to IRS/taxes too (unless he regards the IRS like he does his children). He gets to keep 20% of his MTV bonanza.

I wonder how much MTV paid him? If they paid him $50k, he only ends up with $10k in his pocket.

Since he is considered contract and not an employee, it is closer to 1/3 of his check.

• Love 4

http://www.teenmomjunkies.com/teen-mom-3/kids-counting/

Matt's kid count has risen to NINE.

I can almost hear Jim Bob Duggar quaking in his boots with worry that his position as the most prolific male breeder on reality TV will be threatened when the full number of Matt's kids eventually comes to light.

I just don't understand this. I have a neighbor who is attractive, makes six figures, has 50/50 custody of his kids (one week at his place, one week with his ex), pays support (as he makes so much more than his ex), and is involved in his kids' activities. He has five children - all from the same woman, who he was married to for nearly 20 years. BUT no decent woman wants to go near him because of the baggage/work that comes with dating a man who has five kids. And like I said, he supports/cares for/claims/is involved with the kids and they're all from his marriage to one woman. It blows my mind that so many women have hooked up (and then got pregnant by) this loser Matt, who surely wasn't ever making good money and wasn't even claiming his kids, letting alone supporting them.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 9

I'm not going to lie --- I think I'd watch Baier's Bunch, a reality show about him juggling all his babymommas. It would be like the Duggars plus Sister Wives with some Maury and Honey Boo Boo thrown in. Add a Little Person best friend/sober coach too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Nordic, I think the difference between your neighbor and Matt is that the latter is not upfront about his situation. Your neighbor probably does not try to hide his 5 kids or prey on young, vulnerable girls with various issues. Amber, at one point, only thought he had two kids. Then she changed the story and she knew about 5. Next week I'm betting she'll say she knew about all 9, but this dude clearly hoodwinked her. And I'd imagine he did the same with all the other women before her. It's easy to hide your kids when you have nothing to do with them. His mistake was getting together with a girl on reality TV, and thinking dirt wouldn't be dug up about him. 

• Love 7

Well Matt has really come up since he slid into Amber's DM huh?

So not only does he get to be a TeeVee star, he gets to lay around on his ass all day and not even think about working. And on top of that, he gets the child support he wasn't even thinking about paid off by MTV. He's never going to let Amber go. She might try to break free be he's going to be pulling out his fiercest Jedi mind tricks to keep her.

Hoes just keep on winning.

What is DM?

• Love 1
(edited)

I think she is delusional enough to marry that freak, she is set on proving the world is wrong about this sick man.

When all is said and done, and Matt is long gone, she will spin this some how to blame Gary, she will never face the reality that she is her own worse enemy.

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 8

I'm so curious as to they the Massachusettes cases were dropped entirely. Those are the only ones involving minors. 

Also, the story from Matt's grown son is heartbreaking. He seems to have led a very troubled life. I don't know that having someone like Matt in it would have made it any better, but one of the worst things you can do to a child is make them feel like they don't matter. 

• Love 5

The fact that all this is going on and Amber is STILL staying with this man because she's afraid of admitting she was wrong about him is staggering. She knows he'll ruin her and quite possibly Leah and she'll still stick by his side because it's better than telling everybody, "Hey, I was wrong about him and his intentions." The thing is, his intentions were so clear from day one when Amber let him move into her apartment thirteen hours after they met in person for the first time. I can actually see why she's embarrassed that he blindsided her because he didn't have to go to great lengths to pull the wool over her eyes. But, still. One part of being an adult is admitting your mistakes despite your embarrassment and moving forward with your life.

I used to have a lot of hope for Amber when she first got out of jail, but now it's clear that she just doesn't have the life skills or the self-awareness to really function as an adult and a mother. It's always somebody else's fault when things don't go her way. It's not fair she has to pay child support or fight for custody of her daughter after being absent from Leah's life for over a year. All those women claiming Matt fathered their children are just liars and opportunists. Amber wants to put her fingers in her ears and sing "La la la" until everything goes away. She doesn't want to embarrass herself publicly, but is really making herself look like a fool with the way she's carrying on with this Matt business.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm so curious as to they the Massachusettes cases were dropped entirely. Those are the only ones involving minors. 

Also, the story from Matt's grown son is heartbreaking. He seems to have led a very troubled life. I don't know that having someone like Matt in it would have made it any better, but one of the worst things you can do to a child is make them feel like they don't matter. 

I'm hoping, from the way it was worded, that maybe it got settled out of court (maybe from his MTV money) and they didn't have to pursue it that way? Let's hope he's still on the hook for it somehow.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

57 minutes ago, Sdh said:

I'm hoping, from the way it was worded, that maybe it got settled out of court (maybe from his MTV money) and they didn't have to pursue it that way? Let's hope he's still on the hook for it somehow.

From my experience in the family court system (Not MA or IN however), the state in which the kids reside like to keep jurisdiction. My guess was that the moms filed where he lived just to get service/name on the docket but IN declined and remanded the cases back home. It wouldn't mean they're closed or not going to get paid, it's just more organized for active cases. For example, many states exercise the option to deduct payments from the non custodial parent if there is welfare/medicaid/tanf involved if they aren't paying their support, so it makes it easier to keep track of in one state. Also, for practicality purposes, the kids' home jurisdiction is usually easiest for the petitioner to attend court and they need the most flexibility.

• Love 7

Ah, thanks for the explanation. So it's like they filed against him IN to get the ball rolling, but now they want to take the case back to their home state to make things easier?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Ah, thanks for the explanation. So it's like they filed against him IN to get the ball rolling, but now they want to take the case back to their home state to make things easier?

Right. Or if he was transient, the moms may not have had an address for him, and once the other cases got filed, they had a way to get him served and the home state took back over from there. Most places do not want to take on active cases (in an already overburdened system) that other jurisdictions are already pursuing. Basically, his using and famewhore tendencies got him caught up and now they can proceed. Thanks to Twitter for letting him meet a paycheck that might actually provide for some of his kids. It will be interesting to see how he pays once the MTV gravy train cuts off. I don't see much more that can be done with Teen Mom OG, so I anticipate cancellation in the next couple of years. Farrah cannot carry this show alone. I guess that's where Amber putting the houses in his names will be a nice downfall. I wonder what kind of "you won't have to pay taxes/child support/etc" bullshit he pulled for her to do that only to have all his money tied up in court for at least the next 13 or so years. 

• Love 4

This guy is going to do to her what he did to everyone else.  He is going to get her pregnant, clean out all her money, then disappear.  I hope she has the sense to use birth control and kick him out before it is too late.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, qtpye said:

This guy is going to do to her what he did to everyone else.  He is going to get her pregnant, clean out all her money, then disappear.  I hope she has the sense to use birth control and kick him out before it is too late.

If she has sense, he would have been removed from her life during their Vegas trip.

• Love 4

Wow, I remember some speculation here that Matt wasn't actually a recovering addict at all, but was just telling Amber that he was to get in with her.  What his son says to The Ashley seems to bear that out: 

"While Chris admitted to struggling with substance abuse issues, he said that Matt never has, despite the story he told on ‘Teen Mom OG’ about being a recovering addict like Amber.

In fact, Chris claims that Matt retold stories that Chris told him about his drug use and Matt pretended that they were his own!

“He asked me to tell him all about my problems with drugs,” Chris said. “When I saw him on MTV, he was talking about all of my drug problems that I told him about, and made believe they were his problems. The truth of the matter is, he’s an evil, evil man, and when he did evil things, he was stone cold sober.”

• Love 9

Wow. That does not surprise me at all. When I read about how Matt manipulated that woman who was a child abuse advocate, I knew he was probably doing the same with Amber and addiction. But to use his own son's stories??? That is just about as low as you can go. 

• Love 7

Matt is a lifetime movie waiting to happen.  The naive lonely woman who gets taken in by a smooth talking con artist.  He just needs to have Amber sign over all her money to him and then all of a sudden she will "disappear".

• Love 5

It's honestly so sad that it's going to take Matt screwing Amber over the same way he has all these other women for her to finally open her eyes. I don't care how young you were when you had a kid, or what your lifestyle was like, it takes a special kind of person to choose to have absolutely nothing to do with their own child. And the fact that it's NINE kids he's done this to blows my mind. Not even a cent in child support either. There's absolutely no excuse to even come close to justifying this. 

Then you have to factor in all the other red flags (as if the nuclear bomb of abandoning nine kids wasn't enough of an alarm), such as having a restraining order for sexual assault against him, being unemployed in your 40s, moving in with Amber as soon as they met in person and living off her dime, cheating on her, getting so angry at her he punched a hole in the wall, etc. Normally my heart aches for women who get screwed over by these types of guys - the kind who smooth talk there way into a woman's life and knowing all the right things to say to make them feel special....just to screw them over in the end for their own selfish reasons. But in this case, I won't have an ounce of sympathy because she's been given 100 reasons to end things. Don't even get me started on the fact that she's also exposing her daughter to this guy and the crap he could pull.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, JZone said:

It's honestly so sad that it's going to take Matt screwing Amber over the same way he has all these other women for her to finally open her eyes. I don't care how young you were when you had a kid, or what your lifestyle was like, it takes a special kind of person to choose to have absolutely nothing to do with their own child. And the fact that it's NINE kids he's done this to blows my mind. Not even a cent in child support either. There's absolutely no excuse to even come close to justifying this. 

Then you have to factor in all the other red flags (as if the nuclear bomb of abandoning nine kids wasn't enough of an alarm), such as having a restraining order for sexual assault against him, being unemployed in your 40s, moving in with Amber as soon as they met in person and living off her dime, cheating on her, getting so angry at her he punched a hole in the wall, etc. Normally my heart aches for women who get screwed over by these types of guys - the kind who smooth talk there way into a woman's life and knowing all the right things to say to make them feel special....just to screw them over in the end for their own selfish reasons. But in this case, I won't have an ounce of sympathy because she's been given 100 reasons to end things. Don't even get me started on the fact that she's also exposing her daughter to this guy and the crap he could pull.

I think that's the worst thing about all this: Leah is involved through no fault of her own. It's one thing if Amber, a grown woman, wants to screw up her life. It's her right, and she's the one making this decision to mess things up for herself because she doesn't want to face the embarrassment that she's been wrong about this guy the entire time. But to drag her innocent daughter through this shitstorm is unforgivable. Unlike her "mother', Leah did not make the choice to let Matt into her life and mess things up. That's all on Amber. I'm not surprised she's prioritizing Matt over spending time with Leah. Her comment about how Matt's oldest kids are in their twenties, so it's okay that he's not in their lives, is very telling. Amber spent over a year in jail and then thought she could just waltz back into Leah's life and reclaim custody like no problem. She gave birth to that child, so she should have her whenever she wants regardless of the crap she's pulled in the past. It's that sense of self-entitlement and self-absorption that's blinding her.

• Love 10

I think Amber has no idea what is to put her child's needs before her own.  If something ever were to happen between Matt and  Leah, I can fully see her taking Matt's side, no matter what the circumstance.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think Amber has no idea what is to put her child's needs before her own.  If something ever were to happen between Matt and  Leah, I can fully see her taking Matt's side, no matter what the circumstance.

Totally agree. I can see Leah hurling some serious accusations at Matt---God forbid---and Amber immediately going on her usual defense. "Matt would never do such a thing. He's completely changed. Everybody is always trying to bring us down. Gary must be putting thoughts into Leah's head. He's telling her to say all this!" I mean, it's not like Leah is a very intelligent and articulate grade-school child (not a toddler anymore, though Ambie may still view her as one) who already has her mother's number.

Amber never once put Leah first for anything. She's always chosen men and drugs over her daughter. And even after getting out and getting a fresh start in life, she still fell into the same old traps. She can take all the parenting classes in the world, but I think Amber's just one of those people who never should've become a parent. When she first got pregnant with Leah, she just seemed resigned to the fact that she was having a kid. Like, I think she kept Leah not because she really wanted her but because it was expected of her. I can see her thought process as, "Well, I'm pregnant, so i may has well have this baby and marry Gary like I was going to do anyway." She just lacks the insight, the maturity, the selflessness that you need to be a good mom. I think she can handle being a weekend parent, but anything more than that is too much to expect.

• Love 9
On 7/15/2016 at 11:52 PM, geekamonggeeks said:

Totally agree. I can see Leah hurling some serious accusations at Matt---God forbid---and Amber immediately going on her usual defense. "Matt would never do such a thing. He's completely changed. Everybody is always trying to bring us down. Gary must be putting thoughts into Leah's head. He's telling her to say all this!" I mean, it's not like Leah is a very intelligent and articulate grade-school child (not a toddler anymore, though Ambie may still view her as one) who already has her mother's number.

It's scary but true. I wonder what type of relationship Leah has with Matt. From what we've seen in episodes, it almost seems like he takes care of her as much or more as Amber (i.e. making her breakfast while Amber is still laying in bed). He presents as someone who really cares about her since he often says he wants to see her, loves her, has pet names for her, etc. But knowing that he is someone who has repeatedly smoothed talked his way into women's lives, I wonder how much of that is for show and how much of it is genuine. It's just so strange that he couldn't care less about any of the nine children he has, and yet has so much love and affection towards another woman's child. I guess it's hard not to be cynical.

That being said, I don't recall Leah ever showing affection towards him, such as getting excited to see him or initiating a hug, etc. I know we only see glimpses, but usually kids get excited to see people they care about, and openly show it. I may be mistaken though, and just can't think of a moment. 

• Love 8

Amber is just one example of how going to rehab or staying off of drugs doesn't mean a damn thing until one gets into counseling or therapy to get to the root of their issues. There is a reason Amber became an addict. Her new drug is Matt. If Matt weren't around, or if there wasn't any guy around, Amber would have likely turned to drug use again. Amber has relapsed but with a different kinda vice - a guy.  The same holds for Jenelle and Leah.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, JZone said:

That being said, I don't recall Leah ever showing affection towards him, such as getting excited to see him or initiating a hug, etc. I know we only see glimpses, but usually kids get excited to see people they care about, and openly show it. I may be mistaken though, and just can't think of a moment. 

Small children and animals usually have good bullshit meters. 

First, Leah wants to spend time with her mom, not this creepy old guy who takes care of her so "Mommy does not have to wake up at the early hour of ten".

Second, Leah has always seemed smarter then her parents.  Anyone, but Amber, can tell the guy is a total phony and con artist. 

• Love 7

Good theory, Great Kazu...but Amber still drinks, so I don't consider her truly clean in the first place.  Maybe she is "off drugs" but she still mood alters with alcohol and certainly with men.

• Love 1

Says so much that Amber calls them his "crazy exes" for daring to ask for child support for the litter of children he's left scattered around the country and never bothered to parent.

She's such trash.

• Love 8

I discussed this quite a bit back in my TMJ days, but if Matt has to pay child support for these children, then that means that he is the father, correct? I mean, there's paperwork showing that he's the father. It's not these "crazy exes" gunning for Matt's money now that he's living off of Amber's MTV moolah. They want child support because he's their kids' FATHER and he owes it to them to at least financially support them.

I was really hoping that Amber would've come to her senses between seasons and realize that this guy is bad news, but she's so stubborn and pig-headed. It's like, the more proof there is that Matt is a total liar and scumbag, the more determined Amber is to marry him and prove all the ~haters~ wrong. I just hope she doesn't get pregnant by him; that would be truly awful news.

• Love 4
(edited)

Amber has got to be severely depressed if she thinks things with Matt is a normal part of a relationship. She needs to know she deserves better but I think she holds on to Matt for a few reasons.

A. She truly wants Gary back and is too jealous to see him with Kristina without a man by her side to even the playing field.

B. She truly knows it is near impossible to meet a proper boyfirend on a sectional. Homegirl can't leave the couch it is her comfort zone.

C. She's truly desperate to lose weight and doesn't feel attractive enough (who else would want me and not for my tv fame?) to dump the loser and meet someone new and gawd help any of these ladies if they can't be single for more than a day aside from Trainwreck Farrah. (Too bad Amber doesn't realize Matt only loves her for the reasons she fears not meeting someone new - tv fame)

D. She's truly addicted to that Bostonian accent. What can I say? My hometown accent is the shit - my mom sounds like Jenelles mom Babs - only non dysfunctional - Barb and Matt are NOT ideal representations of the Bostonian folks - Not. One. Bit. Accurate.

Also, I've lost a HUGE amount of the little respect I had for Amber when she referred to the exes as "crazy exes" for wanting what is expected of a father, well, Johnny Appleseed because Matt is NO father. How dare those "crazy exes" for expecting financial help for the kids he laid and took off having.

"They're being taken care of" is douchebags excuse to not caring for his children. Asshat.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 5