Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ApathyMonger

Betty? Veronica? Hot Dog? Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

50 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Betty or Jughead honestly shouldn’t want anything to do with her either. 

I know they’re both really busy with other insane crap but did either of them ever ask Archie how he was doing without Ronnie, etc? The fact that Archie had to feel saved by Josie and not his actual BFFs is kinda sad and the aspect of the show the writers continue to push aside. Betty didn’t even know he was with Josie!? Betty is “supposedly” Archie’s best friend, even more than Jug. This is why it’s a bad thing when Riverdale has too much story. All these relationships are pushed aside.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I know they’re both really busy with other insane crap but did either of them ever ask Archie how he was doing without Ronnie, etc? The fact that Archie had to feel saved by Josie and not his actual BFFs is kinda sad and the aspect of the show the writers continue to push aside. Betty didn’t even know he was with Josie!? Betty is “supposedly” Archie’s best friend, even more than Jug. This is why it’s a bad thing when Riverdale has too much story. All these relationships are pushed aside.

Yup, I say it all the time no one talks to anyone on this show really. At least on screen. I know Bughead at least talks about tings off camera (we hear that betty knew about certain things that have happened so Jughead must have told her) but the fact that we are just supposed to hand wAve that talks happen off screen is ridiculous. Some people say that would be boring but I feel like conversations need to start happening on screen more.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yup, I say it all the time no one talks to anyone on this show really. At least on screen. I know Bughead at least talks about tings off camera (we hear that betty knew about certain things that have happened so Jughead must have told her) but the fact that we are just supposed to hand wAve that talks happen off screen is ridiculous. Some people say that would be boring but I feel like conversations need to start happening on screen more.

I totally agree. They need to pick ONE, maybe TWO, stories to focus on and spend time developing friendships and relationships. Characters need to bond and have moments together. That is what defines a series, not confusing plots that no one can even follow. Ashleigh was interviewed and couldn’t even describe what this episode was about because too much shit goes on. No one knows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I totally agree. They need to pick ONE, maybe TWO, stories to focus on and spend time developing friendships and relationships. Characters need to bond and have moments together. That is what defines a series, not confusing plots that no one can even follow. Ashleigh was interviewed and couldn’t even describe what this episode was about because too much shit goes on. No one knows.

Yeah.. I read here that people would find it boring to have scenes where people talk about what’s been going on but I wouldn’t? Like not to go back a thousand and two plots ago but everyone knows Betty was at the sisters(although hilariously Veronica thought she was at the farm which is a whole other wtf moment like, do you know betty atball?) But do they know it was her mother who sent her there? Do they know she was force fed fizzle rocks? And also does Alice know this? Like I complain it about all the time that the episode after Alice got betty from there, there was no talking about what betty had gone though and what Alice allowed to happen to her. Alice was just mad betty was housing ex patients from there. It’s crap like that that doesn’t work for me.

@HeatLifer we don’t agree on everything but we do agree on other things and sometimes the most important things. Like the fact that this season has no consistency of a plot. It really does not. Even this episode tonight was.. kind of random. Like the end song was strange, I was wondering if we were supposed to think all the characters were in some sort of a cult trance or something and they just got inducted into the cult unknowingly. A part of me wishes it had been more nefarious and they had been drugged and had been unknowingly inducted because it was such an odd moment for me. It would have made more sense I know this show never does but that last number was strange and also wit Edgar and the cult members being the only ones clapping.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

But do they know it was her mother who sent her there? Do they know she was force fed fizzle rocks? And also does Alice know this? Like I complain it about all the time that the episode after Alice got betty from there, there was no talking about what betty had gone though and what Alice allowed to happen to her. Alice was just mad betty was housing ex patients from there. It’s crap like that that doesn’t work for me.

What bothers me most about the Betty examples you mentioned is she never gets to show she’s upset about these things with her boyfriend or her friends. The writers are so busy trying to portray Betty as “strong” and a “survivor” and she can “save herself”, which are all good qualities and yay to female empowerment, but come ON. Let her show emotion. That’s not a weakness. It’s human.

1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

last number was strange and also wit Edgar and the cult members being the only ones clapping.

It was creepy as hell, which is what I guess the show was going for. But I don’t think the kids were in a trance. Betty looked freaking scared and Archie looked all, WTF. I think it was just being used to really showcase that Betty’s concerns are legit and the next part of this story is unraveling. A “Welcome CMM” moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

What bothers me most about the Betty examples you mentioned is she never gets to show she’s upset about these things with her boyfriend or her friends. The writers are so busy trying to portray Betty as “strong” and a “survivor” and she can “save herself”, which are all good qualities and yay to female empowerment, but come ON. Let her show emotion. That’s not a weakness. It’s human.

It was creepy as hell, which is what I guess the show was going for. But I don’t think the kids were in a trance. Betty looked freaking scared and Archie looked all, WTF. I think it was just being used to really showcase that Betty’s concerns are legit and the next part of this story is unraveling. A “Welcome CMM” moment.

Yup, I agree with you on all this! 

Also extended promo: so Bughead is still going to be an investigating duo(yay) but probably on separate things(boo):

• Like 1

Once again, Arch, Ronnie, Jug, and Betty are back to doing completely different things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Once again, Arch, Ronnie, Jug, and Betty are back to doing completely different things. 

Right.. I don’t understand, this was actually one of their problems last season. They addressed it at the start of this season as being an issue. I don’t get why they are doing it some more. 

• Like 2

Stills for next episode:

i very much doubt Cheryl is going to join the farm for real but watch me be wrong. Like at first she goes to help out betty but gets sucked in? I guess that could happen. It would be really dumb.

2 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

She has money and is extremely damaged. She’s the perfect target for a cult.

I hope it’s a red herring type of thing, because it’s just too obvious. Betty enlists her to help and then she gets sucked in? I would hope the show is smarter than that.

And I hope I’m right, the pictures that they released just kind of make it look remarkably boring if it ends up being the case. I could be wrong but I really hope Cheryl doesn’t join.

Granted though this plot does sort of need more people to join to make me even think it’s a big deal and that the stakes are high but the person joining being Cheryl doesn’t do anything for me right now. Again I have to say the characters the show is having join the cult are terrible characters and I wouldn’t mind if something happened to them. Make it a character who I would actually worry for. Instead your having Betty risk her life and her sanity for people who have in the past treated her badly, even Cheryl who has been kind of fondly of Betty is still rude and insufferable this season and even still isn’t that great to Betty and then we have bettys family members and her terrible best friend. If they really wanted me to be like all gung-ho about Betty saving people from the cult, it should be characters who are decent to her, Jughead, Veronica, Archie. The three people she’s trying to save from it aren’t kind to her and never have been. And adding Cheryl to the list gets the same reaction at least for me. I know she has fans here. 

But yeah I don’t know what they are going for here. 

Another thing, do we think Cheryl knew about the farm? Remember Polly said she and Jason were planning on running away to the farm when he was alive? 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Leaked Bughead scene for the next episode: the caption makes me nervous.. plus I don’t know anything about episode 18. This is probably the only Bughead moment in the episode but it’s super sweet and now I’m thinking it might be the last Bughead moment for  while.

Also I think they may done filming for the season? Or at least done the big chunk, the wrap party was this weekend. So some of the cast members may still be filming but I think the large portion of the season is done. 

Anyway all all I know about the next episode after the one that airs this week is called “jawbreaker”(possibly a reference to that movie.. but I’m not sure what?) and that there’s a two week break. It doesn’t air until April 17th. I’m really nervous. I really think betty is going to be forced into the cult. 
Edited by WhosThatGirl

Okay.. so I just found a Twitter from someone who somehow has watched the episode and she posted a whole bunch of scenes. I just dm to see if she would be willing to share more spoiler info for the episode. Will keep you guys updated.

Okay.. I have some spoilers for the next episode info, pretty much the whole thing.  I actually have a whole bunch of information.

And yeah sadly this episode is somehow going to make people hate betty. Either the people who already do will be like “told you so” and others

might begin to. Knowing what I know though, I still don’t. Okay so if anyone wants to not know what happens in this weeks episode, stop reading. Or don’t read

The cult(I’m not calling it the farm anymore it’s a cult) has some sort of open house thing, and Veronica and Betty go. Apparently Betty hasn’t seen Alice since she moved to the cult and Alice says Betty made it that way or something.

Betty finds out why Alice is obsessed with the farm and Alice says it’s because the farm lets her see Charles. Then Betty enlists Cheryl to help her and brings up that the farm will let her see Jason, I think and this gets Cheryl sucked into the farm. Of course people are going to accuse betty of manipulation with Cheryl but since I haven’t seen the scene and have only read about it, we will see. I think betty just wanted someone to help her and sadly she had to use that to get Cheryl in. It sucks but it doesn’t make her awful. It just makes me sad that people are going to see it that way. Also I’m sure betty is going to feel a ton of guilt over this.  Also yes it’s a crap ting for beyyy to use Jason against Cheryl but all of these characters on this show are really bad and evil to each other many times. I just can’t wait for all the hate Stan’s on betty to off and that makes me sad. I honestly don’t know understand why the writers would choose to do this to the character, the  character gets hate for even doing nice things, this is not going to help. 

Also betty meets Edgar. From what the person told me, it’s a short scene  and just to get answers and Betty doesn’t seem entranced by Edgar at all and doesn’t seem like in this episode that she will be joining the cult. At least not this episode. 

That Bughead scene I posted is the only Bughead scene sadly.

Jughead survives crashing out the window witg Kurtz. And he tries to confront Gladys and claim that he’s going to tell fp but she says this isn’t happening and that FP and jellybean have nothing to do with this. It’s between her and Jughead. 

I didn’t really get any information on veronica and Archie this week but Archie is with Jughead when they are attacking Kurtz. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

The writers aren't doing anything wrong to Betty's character. They've been writing better stories for her than most of the other characters. Betty shouldn't ask Cheryl for help on anything because the Cheryl stans will attack her? That's like not writing any scenes for her with Archie because the Barchie fans might get too excited and reignite the dumb ship wars. These kooks are such a small segment of the audience I doubt the writers give two shits how they react to it.

I haven't seen any more hate towards Betty than normal from Cheryl stans who accuse Betty all the time of using, blackmailing, manipulating baby poor Cheryl and it makes her an awful person because poor baby Cheryl has had a really tough time of it so everyone should walk on eggshells and treat her like a special snowflake. 🙄 Because none of the other teens have had a traumatic life or difficult time of it. Archie is the perfect example of someone going through a helluva traumatic time yet not being a pissy asshole who deserves special treatment.

Edited by MollyWebber
  • Like 1

I’m not a person who attack Betty but I can see the stand saying that betty is manipulative towards Cheryl. I didn’t say I was, in any part of my post. I said Cheryl stans May see t that way. They attack Betty quite a lot in social media. Even here if you have read past season posts some people just hate betty just to hate her. Same with Jughead. That’s what I was saying. To me Cheryl and countless other characters(Alice for example) get away with doing terrible things all the time and no one really calls them out. Hell the Choni stans lose their minds when Choni gets a scene and it’s only a second. But as a Bughead shipper I can’t complain when that couple can go episodes  at times without even acknowledging that they are in a relationship  or if the extent of their scene is just “hello” and they don’t even get to kiss or hug or even sit next to each other. I’m just saying.

In my post I clearly say I’m a betty fan, and not a Cheryl one. But from what I read of the spoiler, people are saying betty uses the farm saying they can make people see dead people or something and it’s bettys fault Cheryl gets sucked in because she tells her about it and talks about her being able to see Jason. I didn’t say it. I’m saying what I have seen on reactions via social media. I’m not sure if this is how it happens but from what I read it seems like that’s the case, it’s not betty just asking for help it’s her askigfr help and then bringing up the farms special way of having them see dead people (probably by use of drugs but we don’t know how yet) but apparently Cheryl talks to Jason or says she does, just like Alice says she talks to Charles. This all happens in the episode airing this week. 

But no I don’t have a problem with it but I can already tell what the reaction is going to be and yeah the writers won’t care and they shouldn’t, but I know how a lot of fans may react.

Like I said it’s not bettys fault I don’t think. I haven’t seen the episode I’ve only read and seen like four scenes that weee leaked and put together a small piece of the episode puzzle. I’m hoping betty doesn’t actually say to Cheryl to use her dead brother but she maybe suggests it and then somehow cheyl gets wrapped up in it on her own, Edgar is so convincing. I just can’t see betty telling cheyl point blank that this cult will reconnect her with her brother. I think she tells cheyl to go to the cult and say she knows they can help her visit her brother and then they suck her in with this. She really believes it happens. Again.. probably by drugs that we will find out later(come on we all know that the farm is dealing drugs, tht brownie Kevin ate last episode?)

Like Betty wouldn’t do that in a serious way. She hates the cult. She wouldn’t pull that on Cheryl so I think others may be twisting into it something else. Like Betty is really that cold of a person. No. But I believe that this is how Cheryl gets sucked in and that can’t all be on betty.

To me I always laugh that people bring up 2.02 as the most evil thing a person can do when she blackmailed Cheryl about the tape of her dad killing Jason in order for Cheryl to help fp. Honestly it wasn’t that bad. it Wasn’t the nicest thing to do but people act like it’s the worst thing anyone has ever done sometimes. Eh. Cheryl has done some awful things too but again no one remembers those things.

eta: I just saw a couple Veronica and Archie scenes, Archie and Veronica are working together for a little bit, they call the governor to talk about the transfers from the juvenile center and he doesn’t want to help them but Archie says he will go news channels and tell the story about.. something?

Also Veronica confronts Hiram and yells about how many times he tried to kill Archie and how he has always said family is everything and she calls Archie her boyfriend and says she chose the Lodges over Archie when he was shot.. so that’s interesting. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

But...I don’t get why it even matters if someone doesn’t like A, B, or C character. So what if they’re bashed? It’s not something that will ever be controlled. I mean, you can definitely engage in a healthy debate about certain character characteristics/character decisions, but if someone is always trying to understand why X fan doesn’t like Betty or Archie or Cheryl or Jughead, it’s pointless. We all don’t like a character for whatever reason or will judge them more harshly than others just because. Cheryl fans might always hate Betty no matter what she does. 

59 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also Veronica confronts Hiram and yells about how many times he tried to kill Archie and how he has always said family is everything and she calls Archie her boyfriend and says she chose the Lodges over Archie when he was shot.. so that’s interesting. 

Sigh, they’re already ready to glue these two back together. Joy. 

Okay.. I’ve actually read and seen more clips and I know what happens in the entire episode. I’m not going to say what happens, if you want to know message me but I’m not going to spoil everything but yeah. 

16 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Okay.. I’ve actually read and seen more clips and I know what happens in the entire episode. I’m not going to say what happens, if you want to know message me but I’m not going to spoil everything but yeah. 

Girl it's a spoiler thread! If you want to post the entire episode you can do that. Don't worry about ruining it for anyone because they wouldn't be in this thread if they didn't want spoilers. I think it's very thoughtful that you take the time to post all of these spoilers for everyone. I'll admit I usually have spoilers but I'm just too damn lazy to link shit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MollyWebber said:

Girl it's a spoiler thread! If you want to post the entire episode you can do that. Don't worry about ruining it for anyone because they wouldn't be in this thread if they didn't want spoilers. I think it's very thoughtful that you take the time to post all of these spoilers for everyone. I'll admit I usually have spoilers but I'm just too damn lazy to link shit. 

I just feel bad but here’s the post of what I read from someone who saw the whole episode:

Theres not much Veronica info here except for the mention of her and Archie but as I said she does have a big fight scene with her parents about Hiram trying to kill Archie and how she’s fighting for the family when they aren’t.

Anyway from the post I read basically I was wrong, Betty doesn’t tell cheryl about seeing dead people, Cheryl actually finds that out her own when she’s going fundercover for Betty. Basically she’s wearing a wire for Betty and the farm tapes confessions, for some reason the wire goes out, Betty confronts Cheryl and Cheryl says she wants to keep going to the farm. Betty then gets Cheryl’s confession tape and tells her she doesn’t have to keep going to the farm but Cheryl says she wants to because Edgar brought her to a room and there was Jason.

Betty then asks Alice if this is why she likes the farm because she can see Charles. Alice says yes. Betty asks to meet Edgar. The episode ends with Betty meeting Edgar. And that has me worried. Would the show have betty join the cult? They wouldn’t right? I’m a little nervous. I mean I know she has Jughead to keep her grounded but Cheryl has Toni and she’s now culting it up.. I also know I’m not sure what pull the cult would have over her right now? I know they know her secrets but they have known these for quite a bit now. Also I’m not sure what dead person she would need to see to be convinced? I mean maybe Charles like Alice but not sure. I’m just nervous now. 

Also archie finds out from Maddogg that all the juives are being sent to Hiram’s new prison with the same guards so those fights will happen again. That’s why he asks for Veronica’s help to get to the governor. Maddogg then tells Archie  his family’s house is being run by the g and g drug people. 

So Jughead and Archie try to stop them and get into a confrontation with Kurtz. That’s when the window fall. happens. And he confronts Gladys. Again.

Thats really all I have. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

25 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

But...I don’t get why it even matters if someone doesn’t like A, B, or C character. So what if they’re bashed? It’s not something that will ever be controlled. I mean, you can definitely engage in a healthy debate about certain character characteristics/character decisions, but if someone is always trying to understand why X fan doesn’t like Betty or Archie or Cheryl or Jughead, it’s pointless. We all don’t like a character for whatever reason or will judge them more harshly than others just because. Cheryl fans might always hate Betty no matter what she does. 

Sigh, they’re already ready to glue these two back together. Joy. 

I actually find the debate about evil bully Betty versus poor baby Cheryl interesting. Because really I just want to say come on if you hate Betty just hate her! It's all good. I like Camila but have grown to hate Veronica at this point so why even bring up a her vs her comparison? (Because trolls only do this with the women.) She just sucks for me right now!  So whatever she's doing right now in whatever storyline I'm going to side eye the fuck out of it.

I saw that and I also internally tweaked lol! No Archie! You are so much better as a character out of the Lodge orbit. You can still have breakfast and milkshakes with Veronica and Betty and Jughead at Pop's but don't eat the fancy cupcake! Step away from the poutine!  Tho the one positive I will take from this is that I hope it's the start of making Veronica a better and more interesting character. For me at least.

Edited by MollyWebber
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MollyWebber said:

I actually find the debate about evil bully Betty versus poor baby Cheryl interesting. Because really I just want to say come on if you hate Betty just hate her! It's all good. I like Camila but have grown to hate Veronica at this point so why even bring up a her vs her comparison? (Because trolls only do this with the women.) She just sucks for me right now!  So whatever she's doing right now in whatever storyline I'm going to side eye the fuck out of it.

You should read what I just posted, people we’re making something out of hearing that bit about Cheryl seeing Jason and making it seem like Betty pushes Cheryl to the cult for that reason. No. Betty asks her to help and she accepts. The cult does the Jason thing.

Also I don’t get the debate because I don’t get Cheryl. I don’t like her. I think it’s strange how a lot of people do when she’s just mean. 

Also again.. I know we are supposed to be fearful for the people in the cult but it’s hard for me to care about the people they are putting in it. I mean I’m nervous as hell betty is going to be forced into it, someway, somehow, which awesome, we got to watch an entire season where betty was tortured again, but like should I care about Polly? Alice? Kevin? And now Cheryl? The stakes need to be higher than that.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

1 hour ago, MollyWebber said:

hope it's the start of making Veronica a better and more interesting character

Possibly? We can only hope? I doubt I’ll personally see it that way, though. Veronica is pretty much who they want her to be, which is fine for some, obviously. I just feel like Archie is a better character away from her and it’s pretty unfortunate that he has to be with her because TPTB refuse to really do anything outside of the box in a concrete way. And it’s weird because the show has clearly made it obvious that they’re not following the comics...so why exactly does Archie have to be with her for the majority of Riverdale? Question of the day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Possibly? We can only hope? I doubt I’ll personally see it that way, though. Veronica is pretty much who they want her to be, which is fine for some, obviously. I just feel like Archie is a better character away from her and it’s pretty unfortunate that he has to be with her because TPTB refuse to really do anything outside of the box in a concrete way. And it’s weird because the show has clearly made it obvious that they’re not following the comics...so why exactly does Archie have to be with her for the majority of Riverdale? Question of the day.

Well I think the only other option for Archie other than veronica for a serious contender is betty. And I don’t think that would be all that interesting. Plus I don’t know.. they would have to work really hard to make that work nowbghat they have done Bughead. I agree with you though they could do outside of the comics as they are already doing but I do think the show has Archie in that one box, either Veronica or Betty. And that’s one of the worst traits they could have taken from the comics.

And I mean serious contenders. For fun romances they have paired Archie with lots of girls but I do think when they want serious, they want to attempt the comic book triangle. And that’s a shame because Archie has probably been the best he has ever been with Josie. And now they are spinning her off. It’s odd how this all went down timing wise, their romance starting up around the same time the news of the spin happened. I guess they couldn’t really control that but it’s just odd timing wise how this all happened.

I agree about Veronica. They can’t keep her consistent. She was for the first half of this season as I say ALL THE TIME, but then she suddenly changed her mind and really thought the worst of Archie. Like her behavior in that episode when he returned was awful. I’m sorry it just was. And she is rarely called out on that. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

26 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Well I think the only other option for Archie other than veronica for a serious contender is betty. And I don’t think that would be all that interesting. Plus I don’t know.. they would have to work really hard to make that work nowbghat they have done Bughead. I agree with you though they could do outside of the comics as they are already doing but I do think the show has Archie in that one box, either Veronica or Betty. And that’s one of the worst traits they could have taken from the comics.

Ansd I mean serious contenders, for fun, they will pair Archie with any girl and they have many times but when they’re going for serious, it’s going to be either Veronica or Betty. And that’s terrible because he has been really great with Josie, probably the best he has ever been if you ask me. Spinning her off may have been the worst decision for this show, especially because that news came on the heels of the Archie and Josie romance. Really odd timing for all that if you ask me. 

IMO, if there ever is a real triangle, it shouldn’t be Archie/Ronnie/Betty. It should be Archie/Betty/Jughead.

But I’m not here to debate that, lol.

My main point is what you also just mentioned: that the serious relationship for Archie is solely Veronica and that sucks, especially when his character has worked so much better with Josie, for example. Archie and Veronica are complete opposites, which obviously can work sometimes in fiction, but in this case, I don’t feel like the writers do a good job in telling me why Archie would want to be with her outside of, “She’s pretty and stuff.”

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Like 1

I honestly didn’t even mean triangle, I just mean for an actual serious relationship for the show, it will probably only be either Veronica or Betty. Going into the triangle is a different subject (and the show imho can’t do that right now) but what I’m stating is the show will just always be follow the canon comic in serious romances for Archie and that’s one of the two main girls. 

And I guess that sort of makes sense. Although it’s hard for me to see him with either Veronica or Betty. I know he and Betty have a friendship history but I can’t see any romance right now with them. I sadly can barley see friendship with them since they seem to interact every other three episodes. Again him and Josie are really good and again  probably the best Archie has ever been. I agree I think forcing him into something because comics is dumb and I would say that for both Veronica and Betty. I know there are people who want it to follow comic lore but I’m going to say I think doing so is messing up the show. I really wish Josie wasn’t leaving. 

That said right now y concern knowing how the episode ends for this week is worrying that Betty is going to be in the cult. I mean I’m worried. Like I said I’m not sure what the cult will have over her(she knows they know all her and her family secrets) and I don’t know what dead person she would want to see. Maybe Charles? But that probably wouldn’t have that much of a hold over her the way it does Alice. I’m just worried she’s going to be going be forced into it without her consent, actually. At this point the limits are off for whatever they want to do to betty. I wish I had spoilers for episode 18 actually so I could settle my worries.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

what I’m stating is the show will just always be follow the canon comic in serious romances for Archie and that’s one of the two main girls. 

*cries*

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

week is worrying that Betty is going to be in the cult.

If anything, she’d do something undercover and “pretend” as opposed to actually following the cult.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

*cries*

If anything, she’d do something undercover and “pretend” as opposed to actually following the cult.

I would hope so but I’m not so sure. My biggest fear is that she gets inducted into the cult without her consent. I mean let’s be real, clearly we are going to find out the cult is drugging it’s members. It would explain why they are all convinced they are seeing dead people. Similar to how all the patients at the sisters were seeing a the gyglore King when it was just a Statue. 

Thats what I worry about. At least we find out in this episode airing this week that Betty hasn’t been living with the farm. As I said she attends ther open house and Alice kind of blows her off and it sounds like from what I read that they haven’t seen each other since the episode when the Jones moved in. So I guess betty has been living with Veronica? Or maybe Jughead? Or maybe she’s just carrying around her belongings in a backpack or something and just sleeps whenever she can. seriously, this question never gets answered in any spoiler thing I read. And by what I read in this episode neither Veronica or Jugheads houses seem all that home like in this episode. Like veronica is fighting with her parents, Jughead is fighting with his mom about drugs.  

I guess she could be staying with Archie but considering they don’t talk at all, my best guess is Betty is just walking around this whole episode with all of her stuff. I mean honestly I think we’re supposed to assume Betty is living with Veronica but considering how I wouldn’t find that house all that welcome to stay in.

I don’t know. That’s why I get nervous about this whole thing. The only thing keeping me from thinking betty willingly joins is that she isn’t living with the cult. I feel like if she was being forced to live with them she would consider joining and not being able to resist because it’s in her face everyday.

I feel like something is going to happen to her unwillingly though, especially if she’s trying to go undercover. Again though I wish the show had picked one of the other three members from the core four to join and raise the stakes for why betty is throwing herself into this. It’s hard when you bring in characters like Kevin and Cheryl and expect me to root for them. They aren’t very great characters. It makes me continue to wish betty would just let the cult go and stop trying to save these people who have been kind of awful to her because she isn’t going to win. And something terrible is more than likely going to happen to her. I know she has amnesia from the first half of this season and her mother sending her away but I don’t. 😉

There’s nobody dead that Betty wants to see. Why would she join?

unless it’s just to find out how they’re doing it. She didn’t see creepy girl give Kevin the mushroom brownie.

3 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

There’s nobody dead that Betty wants to see. Why would she join?

unless it’s just to find out how they’re doing it. She didn’t see creepy girl give Kevin the mushroom brownie.

I said that in my post that there’s no one she wants to see and I know she didn’t see Kevin get the brownie. I didn’t say she did but she’s probably smart enough to think it’s drugs, that’s probably one of her theories. Or it should be.

And if she does undercover join my feeling is she will be drugged probably in some way and then forced to join the cult. That’s why I worry.

Maybe it’s time for her to collect on that million dollar reward Hermione promised to whoever caught the Black Hood. She doesn’t look like a very good mayor if she can’t keep her word.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

Maybe it’s time for her to collect on that million dollar reward Hermione promised to whoever caught the Black Hood. She doesn’t look like a very good mayor if she can’t keep her word.

Ha. I think it’s been established Hermione isn’t even a decent mayor. Look who she hired as Sheriff. 

Also considering how the farm gets people to join by aating they can see their dead loved ones, why did Kevin join? I know that he saw Midge because of the brownie but I doubt he wanted to. Maybe Joaquin? Moose isn’t dead so unless we find out that the cult says you can see loved ones who just left town, it’s either Joaquin or Kevin really did decide to join. Which.. okay? Seriously I know people like Kevin but the more they give him stories, the more it’s like a “what is the point of this character?” I hope we find out more about his reasoning as he told betty it was because he was depressed about the Moose thing. I know some people think Kevin could be going undercover himself but after last week, I don’t think so.  Maybe I’m wrong but if you go undercover you shouldn’t be taking anything they give you to eat or drink. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

I’m just trying to think of how she can get her money back.

As for Cheryl, I really couldn’t less how much they take from her. She ransacked houses just for a thrill when she’s already rich.

Reversal of fortune might finally give her a wake up call.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rogvortex58 said:

I’m just trying to think of how she can get her money back.

As for Cheryl, I really couldn’t less how much they take from her. She ransacked houses just for a thrill when she’s already rich.

Reversal of fortune might finally give her a wake up call.

100% this, especially the Cheryl stuff. That’s why it’s hard for me to want betty to keep looking into the cult. Maybe she is doing it because they have her money but I think she’s still trying to save all the characters who have joined, her mom, her sister, Kevin, and now Cheryl. For me I wish the show would have betty acknowledge these people are awduk, especially to her and she should let it go because the more she keeps trying to undercover things the quicker she’s going to sink into it. And like I said if this had wanted me to care and fear for the characters in the cult, they should have had different characters join besides bettys terrible family. Having Kevin or Cheryl join does nothing for me. I dislike both of them quite a lot and this just reinforces that. 

Like her mother and sister are beyond awful but the shownkeeps ignoring this so whatever. Kevin has been a terrible friend throughout the series, he never misses a chance to throw betty into the fire and Cheryl.. she may not be as awful to Betty as she was in the first season but she’s still a bad person. Seriously the more characters that join the cult the more I’m like “good I wouldn’t miss them”.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

So I know this last episode betty didn’t join the farm and she more than likely isn’t going to, right? And if she does it’s just for undercover right? She wouldn’t seriously join right?

The promo is leading into me a lot things. At first I thought she was going undercover, but now Toni is saying things like she is a girl who wants her mother back and that’s why I’m unsure if Toni joins the farm and is forcing Betty to? Also why does it I oook like Betty is brining pictures of her and Alice? I’m so.. nervous right now.

I wasn’t nervous until I rewatched the pilot again and now I’m worried betty might join for real. Based on the promo and what I saw, she’s still looking into the farm with tapes and stuff I think she joins, I know there’s a scene where she pushes Evelyn agonist a wall and says she will kill her but it looks like this happens around the time she’s still Investigating because she looks to be wearing the same sweater. And then I think Toni convinces her to join. a few of us were wondering what would be the thing that pulls Betty in and it’s looking like it’s tge fact that her family has joined. Ugh. I hate that. I hope it isn’t for real. Then this whole entire season was a legit joke. Like really that would be awful. Even worse than last season. We watched betty to thrpugh some awful horrible things this season only for it to end up meaning nothing. I have to ask, would anyone enjoy that? 

I’m anxiously awaiting for the extended promo so I’ll come back and post more. 

Seriously people who have spoiler intel now is your time to drop some info. I know nothing about the next episode and it puts my stomach in knots.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Extended promo:

Okay so maybe Betty is playing the cult.. but who knows. I really honestly have no idea where they are going with this. Especially because I’m honestly not sure where the Choni aspect fits in all this? 

Archie is going to be fighting again and I guess the juive kids are saying it’s for the juive kid that died in the last episode, baby teeth?

Also looks like they are reuniting Varchie. That gets a shrug. I actually liked him with Josie. And for some reason I don’t get the strong Varchie hate that happens here.

There was no Bughead in the promo.  This makes me sad. Hopefully we get at least one scene with them.

Also I thought the cast was done filming for the season. They definitely had a wrap party last weekend. I feel like some are done and some are still filming as MP and MA were still filming today per Instagram stories. I think LR is done as she’s in NY for a movie so who knows. I thought they were finished but I gusss there’s going to be a Cheryl and Alice scene in one of the final episodes.

Also looks like they are reuniting Varchie. That gets a shrug. I actually liked him with Josie. And for some reason I don’t get the strong Varchie hate that happens here.

The only ships of real consequence to the show are Bughead and Choni.  Sometimes it seems like Choni may actually eclipse Bughead but there is no real quantifiable way to tell.

As for Varchie, they definitely have their supporters/fans, pretty much every pairing does.  But none match the big two of the show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

The only ships of real consequence to the show are Bughead and Choni.  Sometimes it seems like Choni may actually eclipse Bughead but there is no real quantifiable way to tell.

As for Varchie, they definitely have their supporters/fans, pretty much every pairing does.  But none match the big two of the show.

Eh I could do without Choni. I’m Bughead and I still believe they are the most popular ship on the show. I don’t even think Choni is that powerful. Also I’ve seen a lot of Varchie shippers. I think Varchie is up there too.

i definitely think Varchie might be back together by seasons end. They seem to be walking them back to that. I could be wrong.

I’m wishfully hoping Bughead is safe for the season but who knows.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Like 1

Okay I was possibly wrong but this pic, does the caption mean they are maybe filming episode 22? Unless it’s for something else meaning 22. But also it looks like Lili is wearing bettys outfit from the season opener by the campfire, possibly a flashback scene? Or I’m totally wrong and KJ just randomly posted this picture with the 22 caption.

4 hours ago, Advance35 said:

Choni is the second most popular ship on the show but still nowhere near as popular as Bughead. They dominate media engagement stats and have become a pop culture reference with SNL and Mindy Kaling as two recent shout outs I can think of at the top of my head.

It sounds like all three ships are good by 22. Boo! I like Archie and Veronica better apart for now. They should wait until Season 4 to reunite them.

Edited by MollyWebber
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 8:15 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

So I know this last episode betty didn’t join the farm and she more than likely isn’t going to, right? And if she does it’s just for undercover right? She wouldn’t seriously join right?

The promo is leading into me a lot things. At first I thought she was going undercover, but now Toni is saying things like she is a girl who wants her mother back and that’s why I’m unsure if Toni joins the farm and is forcing Betty to? Also why does it I oook like Betty is brining pictures of her and Alice? I’m so.. nervous right now.

I wasn’t nervous until I rewatched the pilot again and now I’m worried betty might join for real. Based on the promo and what I saw, she’s still looking into the farm with tapes and stuff I think she joins, I know there’s a scene where she pushes Evelyn agonist a wall and says she will kill her but it looks like this happens around the time she’s still Investigating because she looks to be wearing the same sweater. And then I think Toni convinces her to join. a few of us were wondering what would be the thing that pulls Betty in and it’s looking like it’s tge fact that her family has joined. Ugh. I hate that. I hope it isn’t for real. Then this whole entire season was a legit joke. Like really that would be awful. Even worse than last season. We watched betty to thrpugh some awful horrible things this season only for it to end up meaning nothing. I have to ask, would anyone enjoy that? 

I’m anxiously awaiting for the extended promo so I’ll come back and post more. 

Seriously people who have spoiler intel now is your time to drop some info. I know nothing about the next episode and it puts my stomach in knots.

I've not seen nor heard a whiff of Betty being seduced by the cult. Juggie yes, Farm no.

Edited by MollyWebber
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MollyWebber said:

I've seen nor heard a whiff of Betty being seduced by the cult. Juggie yes, Farm no.

Okay good. I can get behind the Jughead part of this, also now that I’ve read the description for episode 18 I dont think Toni gets in the farm either. The description said she worries about Cheryl’s change in behavior as of late. So that should be interesting. 

Also MP and VM were shooting on location today. 

I’m kind of curious now about the finale. It looks like there’s going to be some sort of flashback. I mean I only saw Lilis outfit and yes characters can rewear outfita(it’s fun when they do actually!) but that outfit is kind of a Specific one like the romper over a t shirt. So I think it’s a flashback moment. I could be wrong but it seems to be.

Also some people think next episode is when Alice breaks out of the cult, I mean maybe, we know she screams at someone about them lying to her but isn’t it episode 18 a little too early for Alice to break out of the cult nonsense? 

I mean a part of me hopes she does so she can get betty her damn money back, the other part of me can’t give a damn about Alice.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

I’m curious if Edgar was telling the truth to Betty when he inferred he made copies of the confessional tapes. Stupid Alice and Polly spilling those illegal dealings. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wilpen said:

I’m curious if Edgar was telling the truth to Betty when he inferred he made copies of the confessional tapes. Stupid Alice and Polly spilling those illegal dealings. 

I mean I would say maybe. Betty should have thought of that, anyway. He could just be saying that to needle her and make her nervous or he really could have done that. Either way that’s something betty should have already thought of. 

Also I’m thinking Alice isn’t out of the farm in the next episode only because Alice and Cheryl are getting a one on one scene together in episode 22 and why else would they have a scene just the two of them if not because of the farm? 

Alice is the worst. I’m sorry.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

30 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I mean I would say maybe. Betty should have thought of that, anyway. He could just be saying that to needle her and make her nervous or he really could have done that. Either way that’s something betty should have already thought of. 

Also I’m thinking Alice isn’t out of the farm in the next episode only because Alice and Cheryl are getting a one on one scene together in episode 22 and why else would they have a scene just the two of them if not because of the farm? 

Alice is the worst. I’m sorry.

She is, indeed. Best twist would be Betty helping her mom get out of there and then once she’s free Betty tells Alice she wants nothing to do with her. I also hope Betty gets those poor babies out of The Farm. Polly can stay (or go somewhere far away with idiot Kevin) but the babies need to be protected. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wilpen said:

She is, indeed. Best twist would be Betty helping her mom get out of there and then once she’s free Betty tells Alice she wants nothing to do with her. I also hope Betty gets those poor babies out of The Farm. Polly can stay (or go somewhere far away with idiot Kevin) but the babies need to be protected. 

Ha. I love this for various reasons, one being what you want to happen with Alice and betty(But I doubt it will, this show likes MA and Alice and both LR and MA seem to like the mother daughter scenes{again that’s a wtf from me but a topic for another day} So I think we’re stuck with Alice) but also the fact that you dislike Kevin too. I don’t care much what happens to him either.

Again that’s the thing with the cult, these characters that they’ve brought into it don’t make me care anymore. I care because some reason betty cares about her mother even though she’s awful and same with Polly and I worry for Betty. I don’t worry for her mom and sister or Kevin. Kevin sucks. And Cheryl? Again.. that’s a shurg. She’s an awful character this season who gets a pass for her awful behavior. 

I know Riverdale the show has odd rules about their characters and what’s right and wrong but why was it awful what Penelope did to Cheryl and sending her the sisters versus Alice doing it and no one even mentions it? It makes me wonder why the show even did that. Because they put me into a situation where I can’t even begin to care about the character at all.

Not to mention the Falice stuff. Like ew. I hated that relationship. I hope it’s over for good.

2 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

I see Betty and Evelyn finally come to an understanding in the next episode.

They do? Or is this a sarcastic funny comment based on the promo of Betty pushing Evelyn into the wall and saying she will kill her? Or did you hear something else happens?

Hart posted a story and he’s in Vancouver so people are speculating that’s chic may be back by this seasons end. Ugh. I hope not. I know I’m sort of alone but I don’t like chic and Hart did nothing for me maybe he’s better in other things but also.. no.. it wouldn’t work with the story this season at all. We already have way too much going on. I hope it doesn’t mean he’s returning.

kariyaki

Remember: this topic is for SPOILER discussion