Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ApathyMonger

Betty? Veronica? Hot Dog? Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Actually, I don’t think Betty and Jughead get a lot of screen time together. Separately, yes. The only thing the writers make sure we know is that they’re still dating. It’s like, okay? That’s why they’ve bored me a lot this season. They don’t have much going on. And Jug was crazy there for a sec (or longer, ha).

I mean I feel this way too, actually, but other viewers think sometimes this is the Bughead show and it really isn’t. It never really has been. Do Betty and Jughead grt a lot of scenes? Yes but not that many together and in the grand scheme of things, they rarely get important scenes as a couple. They get little moments but to me their last great scene as a couple was probably the scene in 3x01 when Jughead gave her his beanie and I have to bring up that somewhere there’s an extended cut where Bughead gets hot and heavy kissing. Otherwise it’s a lot of just kisses and hugs but no real communication, and if there’s communication it happens off screen which again.. really? I mean I love that the show throws in little moments that say they talk about things but can we see it too? I mean i know we don’t have to see everything but there are some things I would have liked to see: a reunion after Jugheads trip with Archie and Betty being sent to the sisters and the the quarantine. I know the show wanted to fast forward and I get that but that reunion scene would have been nice. Instead Bughead shippers are teased since December endlessly with a scene of Bughead being hot and heavy and it’s in an episode that Betty and Jughead are hardly in and it’s like two seconds and they get interrupted... yay? I mean Choni fans complain all the time about settling for crumbs, I think Bughead shippers have to settle for them too at times. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Share this post


Link to post

Well that's the short end of the stick I guess.  I think Jughead and Betty's characters are frequently well explored by the writers (to my regret but that's a whole other thing), we find out how Jughead feels about a lot of things, we know how Betty feels about a lot of things, both are seen/written as Hero/Heroine trying to save the town of Riverdale from it's hissable villains and evil doers (at least the one's their not related too by blood or serpent jacket), so my heart can't exactly bleed at a love scene interruption.  Each get's their own storyline (as lead protagonist) while most other characters have to share.

They get considerate writing.

I'd trade Veronica's sex scenes for exploration of how much cocaine she use to do, why she was in therapy once upon a time, additional dynamics to her relationship with Hiram and her not being used to give other characters the sympathy edit.  But alas.  I guess every fan in Riverdale has cause for complaint in some way.

Edited by Advance35
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Advance35 said:

Well that's the short end of the stick I guess.  I think Jughead and Betty's characters are frequently well explored by the writers (to my regret but that's a whole other thing), we find out how Jughead feels about a lot of things, we know how Betty feels about a lot of things, both are seen/written as Hero/Heroine trying to save the town of Riverdale from it's hissable villains and evil doers (at least the one's their not related too by blood or serpent jacket), so my heart can't exactly bleed at a love scene interruption.  Each get's their own storyline (as lead protagonist) while most other characters have to share.

They get considerate writing.

I'd trade Veronica's sex scenes for exploration of how much cocaine she use to do, why she was in therapy once upon a time, additional dynamics to her relationship with Hiram and her not being used to give other characters the sympathy edit.  But alas.  I guess every fan in Riverdale has cause for complaint in some way.

 

I mean if we’re going that route, I wish betty and Jughead got to explore their complicated relationships with their families too. Yes Betty and Jughead grt considerate writing I guess? But important dynamics are brushed aside just because this show changes plots so fast.

Thats why I can really only care about the romantic ships, I can’t care about the plots because as I said in a different post, there’s too many and I don’t think I really like any of the plots this season very much. So I focus on the romantic ships and the one that happens to be my favorite is Bughead and I feel like actual couple moments are few and far between.

Again I complain about other stuff too.. I get that Riverdale isn’t a realistic teen drama(it could have been circa season one) but now that it’s really veering off into fantasy, it definitely taking me out of the plots. 

But yeah.. Bughead gets interrupted tonight. Which shouldn’t shock me but it’s annoying because it happens all the time to them. 

Also RAS posted a picture, I think Tom and Sierra actually get married tonight? She’s wearing a white dress and he’s wearing a tux. So.. the wedding actually does happen, is that to make it more tragic when one of them dies? Come on. At this point the death has to be one of those two. It has to be a parent more than likely and Tom hasn’t really done much in a while so killing Sierra would give him some story. Also the g and g king is back as well. I hope no one really thought it was tall boy. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Share this post


Link to post

I'm happy Bughead are still very together and hope they stay that way. I like them being like the only steady couple. Yes I as a Bughead shipper want some sexy times and some fluff  but I'm also grateful there isnt anything threating their relationship and want it to stay that way lol. I guess Bughead fans just have to be happy there isnt any drama threating their relationship.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I'm happy Bughead are still very together and hope they stay that way. I like them being like the only steady couple. Yes I as a Bughead shipper want some sexy times and some fluff  but I'm also grateful there isnt anything threating their relationship and want it to stay that way lol. I guess Bughead fans just have to be happy there isnt any drama threating their relationship.

I mean yeah, most of this is the same for me, I’m just a little mad that this 1 second scene was teased to us all the way back in December. And right now there isn’t drama but I’m always on the edge of my seat that something random will break them up.. because this show. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think it’s always good to enjoy what you can while the pairing is still together. There is always the ability for it to be worse, lol. And at some point there will be a break-up, so why not indulge in the present? 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think it’s always good to enjoy what you can while the pairing is still together. There is always the ability for it to be worse, lol. And at some point there will be a break-up, so why not indulge in the present? 

I mean I try to but sometimes the show gives so little. 

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if we’re getting a different narrated tonight? I mean I know Jughead hasn’t been narrating too much this season but I’m wondering if they are going to have a special character narrate tonight since Jughead and Betty are regulated to background this week. I think even Archie and Veronica still have more scenes than them, I could be wrong but I’m not sure. I’m pretty sure betty has they least amount of screentime tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I'm happy Bughead are still very together and hope they stay that way. I like them being like the only steady couple. Yes I as a Bughead shipper want some sexy times and some fluff  but I'm also grateful there isnt anything threating their relationship and want it to stay that way lol. I guess Bughead fans just have to be happy there isnt any drama threating their relationship.

I love this too. It'd be nice to get more romantic/sexy scenes but as a Bughead shipper I am so happy that we've had steady and consistent Bughead all season long. I even grinned when Jughead called Betty his girlfriend. :) They were so flirty in the last episode too. With Bughead it's about the little things. They have such a strong emotional connection too which makes them all the more believable. They are best friends with this amazing connection who are in love. It can't get any better than that. :)

Edited by Wilpen
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So based on the promo, two things, Alice or Polly are going to be in danger of being dead? One it’s just a danger because they aren’t going to kill them and two is this just to get Betty to feel for her mother? I’m assuming so. Also hope this isn’t a situation that leads Betty into the farm/cult. I don’t think she would ever consider it but who knows.

And we know this isn’t something that’s going to kill Alice or Polly because then Betty would for sure shut down the farm and the farm is sponsoring the musical episode.. so.. either Alice or Polly dies for a second is my guess.

Anyways... well Sierra and Tom got married. But I’m now officially starting a countdown clock for one of those two being the main character that dies. 

Share this post


Link to post

Extended promo: 

Yeah, sorry the Toni character is beyond awful now. Don’t you love how she’s all about loyalty but threw it away for the serpents quickly and now says they aren’t family. I get she’s angry but for someone who cries and cries about the gang being her family, she just jumps into a new one ASAP. I mean I’m just over that character, it probably also doesn’t help that I don’t care very much for VM either but yeah if nothing is going to come from this, I’m over it. I don’t know why Jughead would reach out to her.

Also assuming the show is trying to fakenus by thinking Alice dies and as I said earlier... that’s not hppening. She probably stops breathing for a second. Sams if it’s Polly. They aren’t going to kill either of these two- unless it’s a random character but really.. another random characters death? How many randoms and secondary characters have died this season? 

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Share this post


Link to post

So we know who’s playing Edgar finally:

So Chad Michael Murray is going to be Edgar.. huh. That’s not where I thought they would go. Now I’m a little more nerve wrecked that Betty will meet him and be instantly charmed by him now. 

I want to say no but I mean this show has her instantly falling back into her fathers ways, at this point I’m not going to be surprised if she does fall into the cult. This makes me sad. I don’t know, now I’m worried they are going to have Betty meet him and develop an unhealthy crush and that’s what’s going to happen. And while many people think this is my feeling due to Bughead, that’s a factor for why this makes

Me worried but I also don’t want Betty being entranced by the cult. She’s better than that.  I hope that doesn’t happen. I mean what we have seen so far implies that Betty won’t, right?!??

Also I’m standing by my other theory that Evelyn isn’t really Edgar’s daughter, like not blood. My theory is maybe he did what the blossoms did to Penelope and “ adopted” her. 

Also again speaking of Evelyn :. I thought Evelyn was supposed to be doing a “single white female” type thing with Betty.. like ruining her life? I mean yeah sure she’s been in the cult and around bettys house with the cult but most of the cult being problems with Betty stems from her idiot sister and stupid evil mother and Evelyn is just in the cult? It doesn’t help that I feel they missed the mark with the actress, I remember when the slides came about the character and they said she should bear some sort of a likeness to Betty/Lili. Evelyn doesn’t.. at all. So that loses me. Maybe now that they finally cast Edgar, they will do what they were supposed to do. 

I just hope betty doesn’t enter the cult. She won’t, right?!?! She’s been pretty against the cult for almost forever Of this seasons but I’m worried as I said the show will have her meet Edgar and be charmed and fall in. Please don’t show!!!! I beg of you, please don’t!!! I’m really nervous. With this show I’m never surprised when characters 180, it just makes mad. Also now that they’ve cast Chad Michael Murray I fear the cult may last longer than just this season. Ew. So yeah.. Betty is probably joining in the season finale. And that’s when I will have to quit. I don’t enjoy cults on tv shows.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

So we know who’s playing Edgar finally:

So Chad Michael Murray is going to be Edgar.. huh. That’s not where I thought they would go. Now I’m a little more nerve wrecked that Betty will meet him and be instantly charmed by him now. 

I want to say no but I mean this show has her instantly falling back into her fathers ways, at this point I’m not going to be surprised if she does fall into the cult. This makes me sad. I don’t know, now I’m worried they are going to have Betty meet him and develop an unhealthy crush and that’s what’s going to happen. And while many people think this is my feeling due to Bughead, that’s a factor for why this makes

Me worried but I also don’t want Betty being entranced by the cult. She’s better than that.  I hope that doesn’t happen. I mean what we have seen so far implies that Betty won’t, right?!??

Also I’m standing by my other theory that Evelyn isn’t really Edgar’s daughter, like not blood. My theory is maybe he did what the blossoms did to Penelope and “ adopted” her. 

Also again speaking of Evelyn :. I thought Evelyn was supposed to be doing a “single white female” type thing with Betty.. like ruining her life? I mean yeah sure she’s been in the cult and around bettys house with the cult but most of the cult being problems with Betty stems from her idiot sister and stupid evil mother and Evelyn is just in the cult? It doesn’t help that I feel they missed the mark with the actress, I remember when the slides came about the character and they said she should bear some sort of a likeness to Betty/Lili. Evelyn doesn’t.. at all. So that loses me. Maybe now that they finally cast Edgar, they will do what they were supposed to do. 

I just hope betty doesn’t enter the cult. She won’t, right?!?! She’s been pretty against the cult for almost forever Of this seasons but I’m worried as I said the show will have her meet Edgar and be charmed and fall in. Please don’t show!!!! I beg of you, please don’t!!! I’m really nervous. With this show I’m never surprised when characters 180, it just makes mad. Also now that they’ve cast Chad Michael Murray I fear the cult may last longer than just this season. Ew. So yeah.. Betty is probably joining in the season finale. And that’s when I will have to quit. I don’t enjoy cults on tv shows.

I'm willing to bet we see WHY Alice's horrible self likes and trusts him. Give Falice some relationship drama

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I'm willing to bet we see WHY Alice's horrible self likes and trusts him. Give Falice some relationship drama

I mean maybe? But they are already going to have enough issues wit Gladys returning. Not to mention if Edgar was going to be a threat to Falice, it should have happened already.. but it took them a long time to finally cast someone so whatever. That’s why I’m more nervous about the Betty aspect of it all. I feel like now the show might have her into the cult or something. I wouldn’t be surprised if they 180 her feelings about it all.

Share this post


Link to post

I'll say that I expected Edgar to be at least ten years older than CMM's actual age. Although CMM is somewhat what I was imagining with Edgar. I was imaging some suave blonde haired man...just older. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can't see anything happening between Edgar and Betty.  If for no other reason, I expect the writers to double down on how sacrosanct Bughead is after the ratings for Bizarrodale.

Based on the promo, I'm interested in seeing how Fandom reacts to Gladys bullying a child (Veronica) or if it's Archie in particular, they are protective of. When he's David, to an adult's Goliath.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'll say that I expected Edgar to be at least ten years older than CMM's actual age. Although CMM is somewhat what I was imagining with Edgar. I was imaging some suave blonde haired man...just older. 

Yeah.. same. I don’t know how I feel about CMM being Edgar. Like I said.. wasn’t who I was expecting. 

3 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

I can't see anything happening between Edgar and Betty.  If for no other reason, I expect the writers to double down on how sacrosanct Bughead is after the ratings for Bizarrodale.

Based on the promo, I'm interested in seeing how Fandom reacts to Gladys bullying a child (Veronica) or if it's Archie in particular, they are protective of. When he's David, to an adult's Goliath.

We’re the ratings really that bad? I don’t follow ratings so I don’t know. And yeah I’m not worried about something between Edgar and betty(I don’t think the show would ever go the adult and teen story again, I think they saw it didn’t work out well when they did it in the beginning with Archie and Grundy) but I’m worried she will become interested in the cult because he’s so convincing. Like I said when I expect this show to go right, it goes left or something.

As for veronica and Gladys, I think it depends on how Veronica reacts. Veronica to me is definitely better at holding her own against a lot of people including adults more so than Archie. Case in point all her interactions with Archie in the first half of this season. I think it depends on how the show chooses to present her.

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

As for veronica and Gladys, I think it depends on how Veronica reacts. Veronica to me is definitely better at holding her own against a lot of people including adults more so than Archie. Case in point all her interactions with Archie in the first half of this season. I think it depends on how the show chooses to present her.

Once upon a time I would have agreed with you but not anymore.  While Veronica isn't an idiot (I have no trouble believing she gets good grades and did well on her SAT's, when it comes to real world issues, her sheltered upbringing shows.  I guess the phrase is "She's book smart."  As opposed to other characters, who have proven themselves, somewhat street smart. 

Veronica was in the ring with someone WAY above her weight class during her meeting with Gladys.  

We've seen Veronica face Penelope (w/ Cheryl) and her parents (who wouldn't hurt her physically) but Gladys is not someone interested in her well being.  Clearly Reggie would do his best to make sure nobody gets physical with her, but Ms. Lodge is in WAY over her head.

Quote

We’re the ratings really that bad? I don’t follow ratings so I don’t know.

Ya, word has it they cratered.  A lot of spin is out there but fact is, they were notably bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WhosThatGirl said:

We’re the ratings really that bad? I don’t follow ratings so I don’t know.  

The ratings held in that key demo they worry about. So steady.

Went down a bit in total number of viewers though. 

Share this post


Link to post

There’s little chance the average viewer knew Betty and Jughead would have little screen time. I doubt that had any impact on the overall ratings from the last episode.

Although I’d venture to say Riverdale fans, especially those who only watch for a couple, are social media users, and most likely watch on devices, or clips that were made by other fans, not on live TV. So “Bughead fan” viewership would be captured by those numbers, not Nielsen rating numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Spoilers got out days before of little if any Bughead and their first romantic scene in a while being cut very short, and it messaged throughout social media. So a huge chunk of the audience already knew what to expect with this episode and chose to skip it. The network definitely noticed. For better or worse, most of the mainstream viewership is made up of Bughead fans. The mainstream viewers and demos are what the CW is interested in. Fans and opinions on message boards like this one mean nothing to them because they do not represent the mainstream viewership.

Although as Wilpen pointed out, the demos were fine so I don’t think this will prevent them from doing another similar type of episode. But the aftermath just re-emphasized how popular Bughead still is despite some vocal haters out there.

Yeah Alex tweeted about what the Bughead scene was a few days before the episode and screenshots had been released from a leaked site the night before. So Bughead fans knew. And yeah the powers that be of the show probably will try an episode like this again because viewership couldn’t have been down by that much.

And that said I still worry about the state of the most popular ship Bughead. I know veronica tells Betty about Gladys being a drug dealer in fPs birthday episode(i

spoiled that a few weeks ago)and tells Betty she has to tell Jughead and I fear that this will lead to a breakup or something. I’m nervous because who will Jughead that? Would be really be angry with Betty? He knows Betty, why would she want to hurt him just to hurt him wit a lie? And Gladys. Ugh. He honestly shouldn’t chose her over Betty. She has been a terrible mother from the pilot and we found out she left Jughead. I worry this is what will break up Bughead, actually. It shouldn’t.

Also I spoke about this in the actual episode forum but I don’t think a Choni is ever going to break up and that bugs. And people complain Bughead staying together forever is boring well somwill Choni staying together forever. But all last episode proved us that Choni will fight but be okay by the end of the episode. And on one hand I get why they can’t, the showngets hate when cheryl is even on screen because they don’t get to kiss or whatever but I think Choni is going to stay together forever. Which.. ugh. Unless something drastic happens but I don’t see that happening ever.

Just now, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah Alex tweeted about what the Bughead scene was a few days before the episode and screenshots had been released from a leaked site the night before. So Bughead fans knew. And yeah the powers that be of the show probably will try an episode like this again because viewership couldn’t have been down by that much.

And that said I still worry about the state of the most popular ship Bughead. I know veronica tells Betty about Gladys being a drug dealer in fPs birthday episode(i

spoiled that a few weeks ago)and tells Betty she has to tell Jughead and I fear that this will lead to a breakup or something. I’m nervous because who will Jughead trust ? Would be really be angry with Betty? He knows Betty, why would she want to hurt him just to hurt him wit a lie? And Gladys. Ugh. He honestly shouldn’t chose her over Betty. She has been a terrible mother from the pilot and we found out she left Jughead. I worry this is what will break up Bughead, actually. It shouldn’t.

Also I spoke about this in the actual episode forum but I don’t think a Choni is ever going to break up and that bugs. And people complain Bughead staying together forever is boring well somwill Choni staying together forever. But all last episode proved us that Choni will fight but be okay by the end of the episode. And on one hand I get why they can’t, the showngets hate when cheryl is even on screen because they don’t get to kiss or whatever but I think Choni is going to stay together forever. Which.. ugh. Unless something drastic happens but I don’t see that happening ever.

1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah Alex tweeted about what the Bughead scene was a few days before the episode and screenshots had been released from a leaked site the night before. So Bughead fans knew. And yeah the powers that be of the show probably will try an episode like this again because viewership couldn’t have been down by that much.

And that said I still worry about the state of the most popular ship Bughead. I know veronica tells Betty about Gladys being a drug dealer in fPs birthday episode(i

spoiled that a few weeks ago)and tells Betty she has to tell Jughead and I fear that this will lead to a breakup or something. I’m nervous because who will Jughead that? Would be really be angry with Betty? He knows Betty, why would she want to hurt him just to hurt him wit a lie? And Gladys. Ugh. He honestly shouldn’t chose her over Betty. She has been a terrible mother from the pilot and we found out she left Jughead. I worry this is what will break up Bughead, actually. It shouldn’t.

Also I spoke about this in the actual episode forum but I don’t think a Choni is ever going to break up and that bugs. And people complain Bughead staying together forever is boring well somwill Choni staying together forever. But all last episode proved us that Choni will fight but be okay by the end of the episode. And on one hand I get why they can’t, the showngets hate when cheryl is even on screen because they don’t get to kiss or whatever but I think Choni is going to stay together forever. Which.. ugh. Unless something drastic happens but I don’t see that happening ever.

Eta: I wanted to edit and the new forum style is throwing me off and confusing me.. I don’t think I like it ;(

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Spoilers got out days before of little if any Bughead and their first romantic scene in a while being cut very short, and it messaged throughout social media. So a huge chunk of the audience already knew what to expect with this episode and chose to skip it. The network definitely noticed. For better or worse, most of the mainstream viewership is made up of Bughead fans. The mainstream viewers and demos are what the CW is interested in. Fans and opinions on message boards like this one mean nothing to them because they do not represent the mainstream viewership.

Although as Wilpen pointed out, the demos were fine so I don’t think this will prevent them from doing another similar type of episode. But the aftermath just re-emphasized how popular Bughead still is despite some vocal haters out there.

The average viewer who have a Nielsen box is probably not reading spoilers. Those are the social media/online viewers. 

I’m not interested in how popular Bughead is, as in, not interested in that debate because it doesn’t shock me that they have fans, especially because one-half of that ship is Cole Sprouse and he happens to be dating his co-star. That doesn’t mean the show needs more Bughead. 

Share this post


Link to post

I mean I’m aware Bughead is a popular ship. Hell as I said a lot of times they promoted Bugheads nano second second in the latest episode for months! It’s been included in the promos since December before the winter break and then non stop in all the promos thereafter. The network knows it’s a popular ship. And yeah I guess the show can do whatever it wants, knowing it’s getting six seasons but I do think they like to keep fans happy.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I’m a Bughead fan but actually don’t think the show needs more Bughead either. I prefer it when the show is more balanced. Also, given the show is now guaranteed their six seasons unless something out of left field happens, the show runners can pretty much do whatever they want story-wise unless they really tank the ratings. I doubt that will happen. However the network is very invested in Bughead and so did take notice to the ratings reaction this past episode.

And these days, I think even the casual viewers are somewhat online.  In this day and age.   It must be very hard to quantify.

I didn't know they took notice of Social Media followers.  Though I really should have.  Can I assume Betty and Jughead have the highest?  I'm going to check Camilla Mendes just to see where she measures on that scale. Maybe that's why Veronica's in the state she's in. lol

Share this post


Link to post

I actually just checked the social media sites for the core four:

KJ has 13. 6 followers on Instagram and 1.7 million on twitter.

Camilla has 15. 4 million on Instagram and 1.9 million on twitter 

Lili has 15.4 million on Instagram and 2.4 million on twitter

cole 22.5 million on Instagram and  9. 4 million on twitter.

So yeah Cole and Lili have the highest on twitter but Cole is way above Lili and Lili and Camilla have the same amount on Instagram.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks WhosThatGirl. 

I heard rumors (none reliable, it was on another board) they were thinking of writing the Veronica character out.  Based on the social media stats above, I'm going to assume it was BS. lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

Thanks WhosThatGirl. 

I heard rumors (none reliable, it was on another board) they were thinking of writing the Veronica character out.  Based on the social media stats above, I'm going to assume it was BS. lol.

Ha lol I think it’s bs too. Unless Camilla herself wanted to leave, I doubt that would happen. That’s why I think for the most part the core four characters are safe on this show(as they should be, I know some people don’t like them and think they  get too much screen time but they are the main four) so like will we see one of them in danger or near death at the end of an episode, my best bet is that they will be fine. Case in point last season witg Jughead and this season when Archie got attacked by the bear. I was surprised people online(not these forums) thought he was actually going to die. I really think the core four is safe in this show . For now. Unless we hear something different but like I said were only in season three I don’t see anyone main in the teenagers cast  wanting to leave. The adults on the other hand are a mixed bag, I was worried at the end of season one that LP wanted to leave and Fred was going to be killed off but I was wrong.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Cole by far has the most followers, which is why they had him heavily promoting the show prior to and during the first season. However, Lili had the highest engagement rating of all the castmembers in 2018, even more so than Cole or Camila (who has the same number of IG followers as Lili but a much lower engagement rating.) Combined, Cole and Lili are the show's SM powerhouses.

Yeah I was surprised by Cole having more followers on twitter, he definitely doesn’t tweet that much. Lili tweets quite a lot. Cole does post on Instagram quite frequently but most of the time it’s his photography which makes sense. But Lili is more engaged with all of sm than Cole is.

I wish I was into Veronica and Reggie but Reggie as a character does nothing for me and I’m not a fan of Charles acting or him in general. I also don’t see chemistry and I can’t get into them because the writing isn’t good. It seems like Reggie is into her and she just sees him as someone to hook up with and who will do anything for her so if he’s going to be a real contender for her they need to fix it. At least for me.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Sonoma said:

With the engagement rate, they also track the numbers/percentages/ratio of responses to your posts. A good example is Lucy Hale's IG account in comparison to Lili. Lucy has a lot more followers. Which makes sense because she's had her account longer and was extremely popular during her PLL run. But if you look at the number of likes and responses on her posts, they're much lower than Lili's. Lucy maybe averages 100,000 likes while Lili routinely clears over a million regularly and some over the 4,000,000 mark. It used to be only when she was in pics with Cole but her solo Golden Globes pics garnered a huge number of likes and responses. While it's great for Lili, it's also great for the show and network because it attracts more marketing and sponsors.

That’s pretty cool for Lili. People have constantly (and still) accused her of using Cole for publicity but a number of her photos as of late have been of her alone or on vacation(with the exception of a video on her insta story of Cole on set) but she’s had enough solo posts that have been doing so good! I’m glad for her. 

Share this post


Link to post

Lets get back on topic for spoilers, please. The intricacies of social media don’t really qualify.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sonoma said:

What we know so far is that she takes over the drug trade and in the episode post-musical, Veronica tells Betty the truth and that she (Betty) has to tell Jughead. I think it's the same episode as FP's birthday party.

1 hour ago, rogvortex58 said:

Between her and Edgar, I can’t really figure out who the big bad is supposed to be.

It is the birthday episode. Skeet posted the sides for that episode and it included the veronica scene of Veroncia telling Betty she had to tell Jughead about Gladys being a drug dealer. Who knows if or when Betty does. And who knows if it will. Cause Bughead drama... probably. Also the birthday episode is before the musical one:

Also as far as the big bad, it could be Edgar, Gladys or any of the g and g Kings at this point. And let’s not forget the Lodges. They’re still around too. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Now I get it. The episode is titled Fifty because it’s the birthday episode for FP.

Think I’m gonna like the musical. I’ve been listening to the Heathers soundtrack. Some good songs. Can’t wait to see how they’re done on the show.

Edited by rogvortex58
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, rogvortex58 said:

Now I get it. The episode is titled Fifty because it’s the birthday episode for FP.

Think I’m gonna like the musical. I’ve been listening to the Heathers soundtrack. Some good songs. Can’t wait to see how they’re done on the show.

Yup. It’s also chapter fifty too which is kind of cute. But yeah it’s definitely before the musical, they were filming this before the musical and that’s how I know about the Veronica and Betty scene. As I said skeet took an Instagram story picture of the scene sides for the day(and then deleted it quickly after but people screen shot it, I posted it here actually) and the scenes were on it, the veronica and Betty scene and a few of the party scenes they were shooting. And they very recently were shooting the musical episode.. so.. Betty finds out about Gladys selling drugs before the musical episode.

But also.. I think today but I’m not sure that Camilla and Lili and Cole were all shooting a scene together so I’m not sure what Bugheads status will be. I’m really hoping they don’t have betty keep this from Jughead. I know I’ve been complaining about the lack of Bughead having on screen discussions about a lot, but I’m now worried Betty is going to keep this information from Jughead. She wouldn’t right? Again I say it every day but with this show.. you never know.

Share this post


Link to post

I remember not too long ago there was a spoiler indicating Gladys would have issues with Betty. I wonder if it's because Betty finds out about what she's up to and maybe they is tension as a result between them? Hopefully it doesn't mean Betty keeps the news from Jughead. 

Also... do we know if the actor who plays Hal is in anymore episodes this season? I'm hoping Betty stops visiting him. 

Edited by Wilpen

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Wilpen said:

I remember not too long ago there was a spoiler indicating Gladys would have issues with Betty. I wonder if it's because Betty finds out about what she's up to and maybe they is tension as a result between them? Hopefully it doesn't mean Betty keeps the news from Jughead. 

Also... do we know if the actor who plays Hal is in anymore episodes this season? I'm hoping Betty stops visiting him. 

Yeah that spoiler was going around because RAS said it- I don’t know if it’s brcause Betty finds out about the drug dealing and Gladys finds it she knows.

My worry is that they will have Betty keep it from Jughead. I hope not. That would really 180 all of Bugheads excellent character/ relationship  development this season.

i do know as of what they were shooting this week Lili and cole were shooting together(along with cami) so there’s possibly a Bughead and Veronica scene in a future episode so so far no break up yet. And Betty finds out about the drug dealing in the birthday episode and then there’s the musical episode and I’m thinking Bughead is at least together still in those episodes.

I just think ya funny people are all upset Gladys turned out to be a drug dealer as if seeing her once and seeing her be kind to Jughead negated the fact that she has been awful forever. But whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah that spoiler was going around because RAS said it- I don’t know if it’s brcause Betty finds out about the drug dealing and Gladys finds it she knows.

My worry is that they will have Betty keep it from Jughead. I hope not. That would really 180 all of Bugheads excellent character/ relationship  development this season.

i do know as of what they were shooting this week Lili and cole were shooting together(along with cami) so there’s possibly a Bughead and Veronica scene in a future episode so so far no break up yet. And Betty finds out about the drug dealing in the birthday episode and then there’s the musical episode and I’m thinking Bughead is at least together still in those episodes.

I just think ya funny people are all upset Gladys turned out to be a drug dealer as if seeing her once and seeing her be kind to Jughead negated the fact that she has been awful forever. But whatever.

Lol, so true. 

It is not shocking that Gladys is a drug dealer. Matter of fact, this is the most realistic revelation in a while. She’s a horrible mother and apparently horrible human being.

I’m going to be irritated if Bughead break up for a dumb reason. They have been solid all season long. I’m not naïve, it’s inevitable eventually they’re going to break up over something. But given how they’ve been written all season long, solid and strong, it better be believable or else it’s just going to suck.  

I look for little things... on Feb 6th, Lili posted something sweet on Twitter about Bughead always being interrupted when they’re romantic. I feel like it’s possible she’s writing something like that because she knows they’re good in future episodes, maybe even for the entire season. Sounds stupid but you never now. KJ and Camila we’re giving some hints about Varchie breaking up well before they actually did.  

Edited by ice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ice said:

Lol, so true. 

It is not shocking that Gladys is a drug dealer. Matter of fact, this is the most realistic revelation in a while. She’s a horrible mother and apparently horrible human being.

I’m going to be irritated if Bughead break up for a dumb reason. They have been solid all season long. I’m not naïve, it’s inevitable eventually they’re going to break up over something. But given how they’ve been written all season long, solid and strong, it better be believable or else it’s just going to suck.  

I look for little things... on Feb 6th, Lili posted something sweet on Twitter about Bughead always being interrupted when they’re romantic. I feel like it’s possible she’s writing something like that because she knows they’re good in future episodes, maybe even for the entire season. Sounds stupid but you never now. KJ and Camila we’re giving some hints about Varchie breaking up well before they actually did.  

I hope they’re good for a little while- actually I’m wishful hoping they actually don’t end up not together by seasons end because honestly at this point this season  any reason for them to break up would be stupid. So far this season they’ve proven to be remarkably solid. I feel like if they break up because of stupid Gladys that would be dumb.

And I say this because Jughead shouldn’t not believe Betty if she tells him. And Betty so far from what I’ve seen of her and her relationship with Jughead this season wouldn’t keep this from jughead but again as I say knowing this show, Betty will keep it from him and this will be what breaks them up. Which is dumb too.

I know they’re more than likely probably together until the musical episode? Unless there is a big moment during the end of the birthday party that hasn’t been spoiled and that causes something. As for after the musical episode, I don’t know. As I said Lili and Cole and Camilla were all shooting together on Monday so there’s that. That said who knows what that means, just because people are on set together doesn’t mean anything.

This half of this season has been very hard press to be able to speculate what’s going on(unlike the first half), even pictures are scarce of actual details that can be pinpointed to anything really. The only time we got actual information was the birthday episode when skeet posted the scene sheet and then deleted it shortly after because he realized he spoiled a lot of things- I don’t know why he did that, if he was trying to show only a few things or wat but it spoiled about four or five scenes from the episode and pretty big scenes, the party got FP, the veronica and Betty scene, etc. The fact that he deleted it makes me think he meant to post a little bit of it. 

Share this post


Link to post

REacting to this CMM (never watched OTH) as Edgar: Since i've been expecting Jason Priestly all this time, it is disappointing that it is not him that plays Edgar but after digesting it, this CMM looks ssorta similar and it will be interesting to see him playing Edgar. He looks so charismatic and smooth and evil so yeah....

I am curious what will happend to Bughead when Betty learns about Gladys's secret.... WIll Jughead listen to her? I doubt it... He'll probably be so desperate to see that his family is on its way of being reunited and getting better that I think he won't be too happy to learn that its all a lie.. Will it cause a break-up/fight up until the season finale? Will Jughead just try to do what he can to keep his reign as Serpent King? Will he see the error of his ways and will try to tell Betty but its too late (season ender) ? 

Share this post


Link to post

Eh, it’s going to bother me if the show has Jughead chose not to believe Betty. Why would she lie about this information? And it would negate all the development and their relationship this entire season so far. It wouldn’t make sense. But I wouldn’t be surprised. It would just be a dumb ting for the show to do so it’s prjbab what’s going to happen. And it’s stupid.  Jughead shouldn’t choose his mother who has abandoned him over Betty someone who hs been there countless times. I don’t understand why the show would do this.

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/15/2019 at 1:04 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Eh, it’s going to bother me if the show has Jughead chose not to believe Betty. Why would she lie about this information? And it would negate all the development and their relationship this entire season so far. It wouldn’t make sense. But I wouldn’t be surprised. It would just be a dumb ting for the show to do so it’s prjbab what’s going to happen. And it’s stupid.  Jughead shouldn’t choose his mother who has abandoned him over Betty someone who hs been there countless times. I don’t understand why the show would do this.

I'm thinking Gladys and Betty have tension BECAUSE of the Drug thing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I'm thinking Gladys and Betty have tension BECAUSE of the Drug thing. 

I mean more than likely that’s what it is but I hope it doesn’t cause tension for Bughead. Or be something that breaks them up. It would really ruin everything they’ve been though in this season and the series in general but particularly this season.

eta: adding this picture because wit looks like Gladys and jellybean are shooting at the Cooper house: wonder what means

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Share this post


Link to post

3x14 stills: I’ve seen this as the  Title for the episode for a little while now but it’s not what RAS said was the title of the wpisode in his Instagram script title posts. Also based on this pictures I’m thinking the farm is trying to recruit Archie.. which is less then exciting because we know it won’t happen. Unless they tee recruiting Josie.. which maybe? Although I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post

So per Instagram story CMM is on set. Edgar is officially filming, also yesterday KJ posted on his story the actor who plays Mad Dog is back as well.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Sonoma said:

I'm pretty sure Kevin and some Serpents are going to join The Farm but I'm not sure which episode it's going to be. For some reason I didn't think it was this soon? 

Also, I don't know if everyone who joined is actually brainwashed or if maybe some are going undercover? With this show it could be anything. So whenever I hear a tidbit or see a pic, I make a mental note that it could mean many different things and not to go with the most logical one!

You are right about that, with this show you never know what their plan is.  Undercover is good but then again I’m always on the fence about that because the only people I see who could really do undercover is Betty and Jughead, maybe even Veronica. None of the other teens really think that way, so.. but you could be right. But also the wording saying that Betty finds out the farm is looking into someone implies they already have their sights set on someone so that worries me a little.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

I think they also plan for Edgar to have his sights set on Betty. I'm not quite sure what they mean with that but since I doubt they'd have him be romantically interested in her after the Grundy debacle, my guess is he's going after her to try to cement his hold/power. He already has her family and money. He may also want her because of her other strong ties within the town-- the Jones/Serpents, the Blossoms, the Andrews. If he can turn her, he has a better chance of turning the others.

Ugh, I was worried about that.. I hope it doesn’t happen. I really hope the show doesn’t have Betty give into the farm, they wouldn’t do that right? Again with this show.. you never know. Ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Sonoma said:

Even if he does set his sights on her, I doubt he will be successful in turning her. Not after what happened in SoQM. I'm thinking it will turn into another criminal/mystery for Bughead to take on together after he creates more chaos. Cole recently interviewed that Jughead and Betty were working together on more crimes/mysteries in S3b so I'm guessing Edgar/The Farm is one of them. 

Good. I hope so. I just worry with this show. I don’t want Betty to be a victim of the cult any more so than she already has been- having Edgar convince her mom to sent her away to the sisters and be all drugged up, having her money taken from her, having her mother and sister tell all the family secrets to the cult. I also have a worry of her going undercover for the cult, I know I just said that she and Jughead are the only two who I think can do undercover stuff but again the cult is a dangerous situation and she’s already in it so much already without her consent. 

It’s funny that people speculate one of the core four would join the cult. I doubt it. Betty and Jughead as I said would never unless for undercover purposes and I don’t think they’re going to do that. Veronica probably not ever, I mean she could do undercover but she seems like she’s going to have a lot going on all on her own, with the speakeasy and probably more fun stories with her mom being a drug dealer with Gladys and probably more stuff with her dad, not to mention the Veggie/Varchie stuff that I’m sure isn’t over for this season. And Archie is probably the only one of the core four I could see because he’s susceptible to bad choices but I don’t think betty or Jughead would let that happen. Then again Jughead didn’t want him joining forces with Hiram and tried to stop him last season and Archie was all about cutting his hand and bleeding for Hiram so who knows.

It has to be a B teen character. Probably not Josie because they are going to have to find a way to gracefully write her out for the spin off. My guess is what you thought either a serpent or Kevin. But again I’m not sure if it will be an undercover thing. Kevin is terrible at undercover. Last season he really messed it up when Betty wanted him to help her with chic, I doubt he would be any better with this. I’m not a big Kevin fan and I could totally see him selling Betty out with the farm  or Evelyn like he did with Chic. 

Share this post


Link to post
kariyaki

Remember: this topic is for SPOILER discussion

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...