Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Mad Max

That was a big surprise. This episode is as far as I've gotten and it has made me interested in seeing more. I wasn't sure I was going to keep watching after the first few episodes but it's drawing me in. I like Max the most of the kids so far and Jodi is really doing well with Stephanie, she's the standout for me.

• Love 2

At least they finally found a few other personality traits for Ramona other than being surly. It seems at times like they don't know exactly what to do with the character, but this episode worked with her, I guess.

Also, while I've hated the heavy-handed direct callbacks to the past they've had on previous episodes, I like a non-specific one like Kimmy post-hypnotically acting like a chicken--it not specifically something that happened to Full House Kimmy, but it's the kind of thing that did. See, that's what works. Not asinine winks to the camera or endless repetitions of "How Rude!". Rather having the characters act like older versions of their younger selves.  And Kimmy qualifies. She DOES seem like she's totally the same person. Pre-show I didn't think they could successfully give us a grown-up version of Kimmy, with a kid to boot, who's still a total weirdo. And they have.

But yes, I agree with those of you saying that Stephanie/Jodie is the real breakout star here. It's not as direct and clear a line as with Kimmy, but she does also seem like an outgrowth of the kid we saw on the other show. 

That said, I'll even compliment CCB. It doesn't interfere with her character that she's kind of conservative/uptight, because I do recall DJ being a little bit that way. It's a little more than DJ would have been--she wasn't that much of a Goody-Goody, but that can be justified here by her being a Mom (a more traditional one than Kimmy I mean) for years. I mean until we hear her say something like "H-E-Double Hockey Sticks". The important thing is to stop her from being Female Ned Flanders (because real CCB leans that way). So far she's reigned in those tendencies enough that it's working.

And actually, her brother Krazy Kirk must be having conniptions that she's doing sex jokes. I wonder what that phone call this week when he probably first watched these was like "Hi, Sis. I just wanted to call you to let you know that you've betrayed our God and you are going to Hell!  Jesus Hates You!"

In another thread someone said that Kimmy is being Uncle Joey, Stephanie Uncle Jessie and DJ is Danny, but I disagree. They're being themselves, and the correlation to the three guys is loose at best. I mean yes, Joey was a weirdo and Kimmy is one too. Jessie was a wild child and Stephanie is one too.  And Danny was the total Square and DJ is one too. Errr. Okay, maybe that person did have a point. Still, the way that they're weird, wild and square differ somewhat from Joey, Jessie and Danny.  And I'm glad that's the case, and that the episodes stopped with the heavy handed callbacks that polluted the first few episodes (and made the first one pretty rancid, if I'm being totally honest). 

I'll add that it does seem kind of crazy that Andrea Barber was totally out of show business, and Jodie Sweetin mostly out of it. They've both shown in this that they clearly still have great comic timing. I'm sure they're going to make more of these Fuller Houses, but if Barber wants to stay in showbiz this time and do other stuff, I bet she gets offers.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 7

The Stephanie reveal was really something I didn't expect. And I agree, Jodie is selling this remake. It is kind of how I thought Stephanie would have been as an adult, actually.

Was anyone else a little bummed that the plumber was not Dwayne?

• Love 8

Th reveal with Stephanie actually was a pretty good scene. Good on Jodie Sweetin for playing that scene so well. I know she has mostly left the industry, but I hope this show inspires her to stick around, if she wants to. She is a really talented actress, and it shines through, even with all the cheese. 

• Love 5

Th reveal with Stephanie actually was a pretty good scene. Good on Jodie Sweetin for playing that scene so well. I know she has mostly left the industry, but I hope this show inspires her to stick around, if she wants to. She is a really talented actress, and it shines through, even with all the cheese.

I do kind of find myself wishing though that the show had the guts to have Stephanie as an ex-addict the way Jodie is. It almost feels like there's a missing piece in this portrayal of her, as well as she's playing this.

Admittedly it would put a different spin on her still subscribing to that party-DJ lifestyle, but that could have been made to fit so easily (that it was at least in part behind her coming to live with her family).

That said, I suppose the can't have kids thing at least took advantage of that slightly darker/tragic edge the woman has now that the girl back in the late 80s/early 90s couldn't pull off.

• Love 1

That took a turn to the depressing. Probably because I'm loving Stephanie on this show. I do remember her being the most charismatic of the kids even when Michelle took over the show. I liked her bonding with Max, they are both the middle kid so they have something in common. 

Maybe they were kind of going with Steph's hard partying lifestyle as the reason she can't have kids without outright stating it because this is supposed to be a family show?

I'm actually okay with the way they are using the baby. They are getting some pretty good reactions out of them or the timing just works out.

I know a lot of people are ragging on this show, but I don't know what they were expecting. I think this show is doing much more than I expected from it. It's still a cheesy family show but they are adding some more adult themes. The original show never showed anyone drinking or really partying or had blatant sex jokes. Jessie was a pretty tame "bad boy" compared to what they've talked about with Stephanie. 

• Love 8

I know a lot of people are ragging on this show, but I don't know what they were expecting.

I know, right? People just seem amazed at how cheesy and goofy this is, and I am just like "you do remember what Full House was like, right"? It was always a goofball of cheese and a studio audience that is WAY too easily impressed. This is just a fun little trip down nostalgia lane, which has actually grown up a little bit here and there (at least in the adult humor they are throwing around). Its doing just what it should be doing.  

• Love 13

I read an article that discussed this episode's "bombshell" and how/why this was decided as Stephanie's story. Jeff Franklin explained that he wanted one of the girls -- the original Tanner girls -- to not have kids (I guess we're leaving Michelle's life/future up in the air), and he liked Stephanie to be the wild child of the family, the free spirit who travels the world, etc., without having a family. I'm not sure why this translates to Stephanie being unable to have children. If the point was for Stephanie to remain an unencumbered single woman who isn't, and won't be, saddled with kids, it could simply be because she chooses not to have kids. You can not have kids without being barren. I'm fine with Stephanie being unable to have kids. I'm fine with Stephanie being a free spirit. I just don't see why the two have to be related.

• Love 8

This episode was pretty much ripped from the original series, where Jesse ditches the house for a weekend with his band and ex-girlfriend, until the girls convince him Michelle is sick and he comes running back home for the devil spawn.

Anyway, it shows how much better this version of the show is, because it was executed much better here. No sappy music, no crocodile tears, no guilting, no ruses. Just Stephanie realizing on her own that she wanted to come back. And Jodie really is knocking it out of the park. I wish she had had a better career up until now, but I think she's really busting her ass here now because she's been given the opportunity. I'm rooting for her so much. Hopefully the show is insulated enough from the pressures and triggers of the acting industry.

The kids continue to grate for me. I think it's the constant shouting. But Max is okay when he's with Stephanie.

• Love 3

This episode was pretty much ripped from the original series, where Jesse ditches the house for a weekend with his band and ex-girlfriend, until the girls convince him Michelle is sick and he comes running back home for the devil spawn.

Anyway, it shows how much better this version of the show is, because it was executed much better here. No sappy music, no crocodile tears, no guilting, no ruses. Just Stephanie realizing on her own that she wanted to come back. And Jodie really is knocking it out of the park. I wish she had had a better career up until now, but I think she's really busting her ass here now because she's been given the opportunity. I'm rooting for her so much. Hopefully the show is insulated enough from the pressures and triggers of the acting industry.

The kids continue to grate for me. I think it's the constant shouting. But Max is okay when he's with Stephanie.

Plus, the fact that Steph didn't abandon her DJ job to go see Max's recital really helped. It felt more realistic that Steph felt like she wanted to be supportive, but she also didn't drop things in her life to focus on just the kids. It was sweet for Steph to do what she did, and I liked her relationship with Max a lot. Two middle kids obviously understand each other the best.

The revelation that Steph can't have kids is sad. I think it's a topic of discussion that doesn't come up too often, especially with the younger crowd, so it was interesting for them to have it here. 

This episode really solidified my enjoyment of the show. Steph is still my favourite by far. Which is interesting because she was more in the middle of my favourites when watching Full House. Max grew on me just for his relationship with his aunt. Ramona grew on me with her extreme maturity. 

• Love 1

I actually cried when Stephanie revealed she couldn't have kids. My initial reaction was that I'm too attached to these characters but those scenes were played well. Jodie did a great job selling it. I thought they were going to say that Stephanie had an abortion but they would be way too far for this show.

Max is a cute kid. He can go over the top but I like him. He's got good timing.

• Love 1

Eh, I wish they had made it so that Stephanie simply didn't want kids of her own. Not all women do. Some of us are happy being the cool (or not-so-cool) aunt. 

ETA: I predict that a future season will involve Stephanie getting pregnant after all. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 11

I actually cried when Stephanie revealed she couldn't have kids. My initial reaction was that I'm too attached to these characters but those scenes were played well. Jodie did a great job selling it. I thought they were going to say that Stephanie had an abortion but they would be way too far for this show.

Max is a cute kid. He can go over the top but I like him. He's got good timing.

I thought abortion too but no way with a Cameron on the cast. Waaaaaay to controversial. I think the idea of putting off kids and then find out you either waited too long of just can't have them is a fairly good story for Stephanie.

• Love 2

I'm a waiting adoptive mom and like Stephanie, I "can't" have kids (I found out pregnancy would be extremely risky for me when I was 15 - imagine finding out at that age).  I came to realize a long time ago that having a child via one's own pregnancy is NOT the only way to have children.  A child by adoption or surrogacy is still having a child - YOUR CHILD.  /rant 

I do admit that I was tearing when Stephanie said she wasn't able to have chidren.

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 10

I read an article that discussed this episode's "bombshell" and how/why this was decided as Stephanie's story. Jeff Franklin explained that he wanted one of the girls -- the original Tanner girls -- to not have kids (I guess we're leaving Michelle's life/future up in the air), and he liked Stephanie to be the wild child of the family, the free spirit who travels the world, etc., without having a family. I'm not sure why this translates to Stephanie being unable to have children. If the point was for Stephanie to remain an unencumbered single woman who isn't, and won't be, saddled with kids, it could simply be because she chooses not to have kids. You can not have kids without being barren. I'm fine with Stephanie being unable to have kids. I'm fine with Stephanie being a free spirit. I just don't see why the two have to be related.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Stephanie is my favorite character this time around, I think that Jodie Sweetin is fantastic. The scene was great.

But yes, the "can't have kids" vs "won't have kids" really, really, really annoyed me, because of this interview I read. I wouldn't have had a problem with it if they simply wanted to do a sterility storyline with Stephanie. But if they just didn't want her to have children, why couldn't she simply be a Cristina Yang?

Joey didn't have children on the original run, and I don't remember that he was unable to have some. No one ever cared to explain why, how, or whether he wanted kids or not (IIRC).Why can't Stephanie be just the same?

Moreover, it isn't as if they gave a detailed medical explanation that would make it impossible and I'd bet a million dollar that if Fuller House's gender-reversed Uncle Jesse finds her gender-reversed Becky, there will be a miracle baby.

So, the little music that I got from this episode was that a woman who doesn't have children is a woman who can't have children (= there's something wrong with her) and is an object of pity. And it's a music that I had  twenty years to get very tired of, since the moment I realized that I loved children (see Becky with babies? That's me) but actually never ever wanted my own.

The point of this show isn't to raise social awareness. I didn't expect it to be edgy and I don't think it should be. But the stereotype was disappointing.

• Love 6

Joey didn't have children on the original run, and I don't remember that he was unable to have some. No one ever cared to explain why, how, or whether he wanted kids or not (IIRC).Why can't Stephanie be just the same?

Moreover, it isn't as if they gave a detailed medical explanation that would make it impossible and I'd bet a million dollar that if Fuller House's gender-reversed Uncle Jesse finds her gender-reversed Becky, there will be a miracle baby.

But Joey's a guy. I think it's a more accepted choice for a guy to not want kids than a woman to not want kids. I don't think that should be the case, but sadly that seems to be the case.  But I do remember a scene towards the end of Full House where Joey said he did want to get married and have a kid, so it's kind of sad that didn't happen. I think I remember Becky and Jesse wanting to have another kid on the original series as well. I get why they didn't want to have another baby back on that show, but they could have given them one now or given Joey a family.

But Joey's a guy. I think it's a more accepted choice for a guy to not want kids than a woman to not want kids. I don't think that should be the case, but sadly that seems to be the case. But I do remember a scene towards the end of Full House where Joey said he did want to get married and have a kid, so it's kind of sad that didn't happen

Yep, the fact that it's more acceptable for men is my issue.

I didn't remember that Joey wanted children, but it makes things a little less aggravating, then.

• Love 1

Yep, the fact that it's more acceptable for men is my issue.

I didn't remember that Joey wanted children, but it makes things a little less aggravating, then.

I think it was only mentioned in one episode, I just have an embarrassingly good memory about things like that.

• Love 1

I am giving the show a pass for now on the not being able to have kids thing. She just found out like recently. Didn't she say she found out around the time DJ's husband died. I can believe it is a mourning process especially if you wanted kids the biological way to let go of the option. Maybe the wording wasn't perfect but it would never have been perfect in everyone's eyes....so I am giving it a pass...for now.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

I am giving the show a pass for now on the not being able to have kids thing. She just found out like recently. Didn't she say she found out around the time DJ's husband died. I can believe it is a mourning process especially if you wanted kids the biological way to let go of the option. Maybe the wording wasn't perfect but it would never have been perfect in everyone's eyes....so I am giving it a pass...for now.

It IS a mourning process.  I was 15 when I was told.  And while being a mom was a long way off for me at that time, just KNOWING that it I shouldn't (which I assume is NOT in Stephanie's case) makes you feel like you're...not "normal." 

ETA: I wonder how Stephanie found out.  Was she in a relationship and looking to have a child?  A "single girl" NOT in a relationship probably wouldn't be thinking about having kids.  Unless, of course, she wanted to freeze her eggs.

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 1

I immediately thought of that, too! And I definitely agree that this was done better.

I'm a waiting adoptive mom and like Stephanie, I "can't" have kids (I found out pregnancy would be extremely risky for me when I was 15 - imagine finding out at that age).

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm about the age Stephanie would be in this series and just recently found out that it's unlikely I'll ever be able to conceive naturally. Some of us do find out in our mid-30s that it's just too late, so it felt realistic to me that it would be a mixed blessing for her to suddenly find herself caretaker for her nephews.

• Love 1

I really liked this episode. I liked that it had some callbacks to the original without all the "wink wink nudge nudge" of some other episodes. I liked that Steph rocked her dj gig. I didn't see the reveal coming.

yes, the "can't have kids" vs "won't have kids" really, really, really annoyed me, because of this interview I read. I wouldn't have had a problem with it if they simply wanted to do a sterility storyline with Stephanie. But if they just didn't want her to have children, why couldn't she simply be a Cristina Yang?

So, the little music that I got from this episode was that a woman who doesn't have children is a woman who can't have children (= there's something wrong with her) and is an object of pity.

I get your point, and it's well expressed and understandable why you feel that way, but I personally can't agree. You're extrapolating a subtext that you say the show is trying to communicate that I don't think is as intended, or as clear, as you're saying it is.

I think they wanted the audience to feel for Stephanie, sure, but I don't think there was any intention (or even an unintended but inevitable result) to make Stephanie pitiful as a result, or seem like she's lesser. She's not contrasted to DJ in a way that says "DJ and her life good, Stephanie and her life bad".

I also think the "woman who don't want children" story has been told in a lot of other places and has in it's OWN way become a cliche also. So if you're feeling this came off as cliched, I think it's just as likely that if they did it the other way it might also feel so (just a slightly different cliche).

In the end I like the way they did this. Why? Because they in fact didn't pound it to death. They made it a very small part of a much larger storyline and we weren't subjected to long bits of angst over it. Stephanie said her piece in a mostly matter of fact manner, was clearly sad about it and got sisterly support, and the show dropped it. To me this was important. It didn't come off as "very special episodish", because they didn't pound us over the head about it.

• Love 5
(edited)

I can live with the having a laughtrack, but do they have to have the exact same "laugh" every single time?  Laugh tracks have been around for decades, there certainly must be more than one to choose from.

While watching the episode, I never thought that Stephanie not being able to have children implied anything about women who don't want to have children.  However, after reading that the producer wanted to have one of the Tanner girls end up childless, I can see why some are bothered.  On the other hand, if they went with Stephanie not wanting kids, it would be too easy for them to fall into the typical story of "Woman doesn't think she wants kids but then falls so in love with her sister's kids that she wants to have kids" which is, to me, more of a slap on women who don't want kids than having Steph be infertile (sort of a "Women just think they don't want kids, but they really do")

Wow, I wasn't expecting Stephanie to reveal that she can't have kids. I really liked that scene between her and DJ. I almost teared up.

I almost teared up too. Jodie Sweetin really sold the moment and I almost forgot that I was watching a cheesy sitcom.  Then CCB's difficulty with acting without smiling snapped me out of it.  

In another thread someone said that Kimmy is being Uncle Joey, Stephanie Uncle Jessie and DJ is Danny, but I disagree. They're being themselves, and the correlation to the three guys is loose at best. I mean yes, Joey was a weirdo and Kimmy is one too. Jessie was a wild child and Stephanie is one too.  And Danny was the total Square and DJ is one too. Errr. Okay, maybe that person did have a point. Still, the way that they're weird, wild and square differ somewhat from Joey, Jessie and Danny.  And I'm glad that's the case, and that the episodes stopped with the heavy handed callbacks that polluted the first few episodes (and made the first one pretty rancid, if I'm being totally honest). 

I don't know if it is my post that you are referring to, but I made a comment in the first episode thread comparing the three female leads with the three male leads on the original.  I agree with you, they are referencing the original, by somewhat sticking to the same basic set of characters, but they aren't replaying the original.  Fuller House reminds me of Full House, which made me immediately comfortable with the show, but it isn't an exact copy, so it isn't boring and predictable (whatever happened to predictability - the milkman, the paperboy, evening TV...?)

Edited by needschocolate

I have to say I am glad that they made the Stephanie story about her not being able to have children, rather than her not wanting to have children. I feel like that gets done a lot, women who are perfectly fine not having kids, being the cool aunt, etc. However I don't think infertility is talked about enough, probably because it makes people uncomfortable. I have fertility problems myself and it's likely I won't be able to have biological children, and to me it seems this disease is constantly minimized and brushed under the rug. I applaud the show for going there and taking a small step toward normalizing infertility.

• Love 6
(edited)

I like the plot point, too, as it really isn't done very much and it's an important issue to address because it's real. I was pleasantly surprised during that scene, because you really didn't expect this show to bring up something so raw, so sensitive. Realistic drama. And if that was actually the purpose behind giving Stephanie that storyline it would be excellent, but it bothers me that, according to Franklin, it was so one of the Tanner girls would be a non-mother who lives the free life. That logic fits more for a woman who chooses not to have children, not one who is unable to have children. I don't know, it just irks me. I'd rather the thinking behind the story be just to introduce a difficult subject that isn't often discussed.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 2

according to Franklin, it was so one of the Tanner girls would be a non-mother who lives the free life. That logic fits more for a woman who chooses not to have children, not one who is unable to have children. I don't know, it just irks me. I'd rather the thinking behind the story be just to introduce a difficult subject that isn't often discussed.

Franklin has had pretty half ass ideas on things like this. His original reason why he dropped Vickie and even before that the girlfriend who had the hell raiser Rusty was because he felt it would change the dynamic of the show too much. Plus, why he had Jesse and Rebecca move into the house was to keep the theme going and why he kept Joey single all those years. He didn't want to ruin the "basis" of the show. Which was a bunch a people who lived in a house and were a family. He felt that taking Jesse out of the house would be too hard to write. He kept Joey in the basement/garage and then later Jesse/Steph's old room because if he got married he would have to move out. Instead of going: "Oh wait, struggling comedian and his wife is similar, they have to save money for at least a year or two, so they can live in the house together." 

Danny had to stay single because if he was married again and the girls had a mother in their life, there would be no reason for Jesse, Rebecca and Joey to live there anymore. That was also another thing, Jesse and Joey had good jobs by the end of the series and as we have watched and heard, they did pretty good for themselves, but now it sounds like they lived there since the series ended. Especially, with Ramona's talk about Nicky and Alex's room, which magically ended up on the other side of the attic. Its not like people like Franklin haven't had this though process before, many other show creators from AS-P on Gilmore Girls to even JJ Abrams have gotten very weird POV about how their shows could be ruined and then do things that make no logical sense. 

Here, Steph's story is extremely heart breaking and Jodie Sweety hit it out of the park, but the basis for the story is: "One would be a woman who lives the free life." So, that how your wife of 32 years wanted to be Franklin? Hmm?

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought Franklin was gone by the time they dumped poor Vicky. Actually, he claims it was an "extremely bizarre decision" he didn't make and goes on about it at length here.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have to say I am glad that they made the Stephanie story about her not being able to have children, rather than her not wanting to have children. I feel like that gets done a lot, women who are perfectly fine not having kids, being the cool aunt, etc. However I don't think infertility is talked about enough, probably because it makes people uncomfortable.

Can you please point me in the direction of media that shows women just not wanting to have children and how that's totally a-ok? They sorta did it with HIMYM but they ended up ruining it.

I feel like all I ever see is women being infertile.

But maybe we're both projecting because I don't want kids and you can't have them.

The whole can't have kids/doesn't want kids is such a hard thing to get right on tv/movies though, I think. Especially considering the outright sexism so prevalent in our society.

Anyway, personally I thought Jodie Sweetin was pretty bad in that scene. She's much better at comedy imo. 

Now all that being said lol, I liked this episode a lot actually. I haven't watched the whole series yet but I'm very baffled by all the negative reviews of it. I'm really enjoying it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Has anyone thought that Stephanie is DJing/having fun/being a "wild child" at 30-something to get her mind off being infertile?

I get the impression she was a "wild child" before, during, and after, finding out she was infertile. I think it's a manipulative plot development, like they are trying to appeal to the "childfree by choice" crowd, while making Stephanie seem sympathetic to those viewers who don't approve of her lifestyle. 

It could have been handled so much better. I didn't want children (I still don't. No regrets here). However, in my mid 30s, I found out that I wasn't exactly infertile, but would most likely require assistance, like IVF, if I changed my mind. It did mess with me, emotionally. Not at the loss of something I didn't want, but it made me question womanhood. What does it mean to be a woman? If I can't get pregnant, am I abnormal? I'm not a fully functioning woman, and it hurt to think about. I think showing someone like Stephanie go through emotions like this could have been way more interesting.

I get the impression she was a "wild child" before, during, and after, finding out she was infertile. I think it's a manipulative plot development, like they are trying to appeal to the "childfree by choice" crowd, while making Stephanie seem sympathetic to those viewers who don't approve of her lifestyle. 

It could have been handled so much better. I didn't want children (I still don't. No regrets here). However, in my mid 30s, I found out that I wasn't exactly infertile, but would most likely require assistance, like IVF, if I changed my mind. It did mess with me, emotionally. Not at the loss of something I didn't want, but it made me question womanhood. What does it mean to be a woman? If I can't get pregnant, am I abnormal? I'm not a fully functioning woman, and it hurt to think about. I think showing someone like Stephanie go through emotions like this could have been way more interesting.

But it could be that she was indeed a wild child in her 20s and into her 30s, but she then wanted to settle a bit - either married or unmarried.  However, during a visit to the doctor, she found out that it wasn't possible for her to become pregnant/carry a child to term.

The infertility thing hit home for me, but the way it was addressed kind of missed the mark, in my opinion. Rarely is a woman just told by a doctor, "you can't have children." There are a lot of issues that can cause infertility, but a lot of those issues can be worked around by a good fertility specialist. I felt for Stephanie in that moment because Jodie really sold it, but I was just asking the screen, "wait, what EXACTLY is wrong? PCOS? Endometriosis? Blocked tubes? Seek a second opinion, girl!" It would be nice to see a TV show actually address the medical issues of infertility (even in a somewhat light way, since this is a sitcom) rather than just say dramatically "I can't have children!" and be done with it. I mean, Stephanie could even get a laugh if she said something like "turns out never getting periods is a BAD thing? Who knew!"

• Love 1
On May 5, 2016 at 8:43 PM, ClareWalks said:

The infertility thing hit home for me, but the way it was addressed kind of missed the mark, in my opinion. Rarely is a woman just told by a doctor, "you can't have children." There are a lot of issues that can cause infertility, but a lot of those issues can be worked around by a good fertility specialist. I felt for Stephanie in that moment because Jodie really sold it, but I was just asking the screen, "wait, what EXACTLY is wrong? PCOS? Endometriosis? Blocked tubes? Seek a second opinion, girl!" It would be nice to see a TV show actually address the medical issues of infertility (even in a somewhat light way, since this is a sitcom) rather than just say dramatically "I can't have children!" and be done with it. I mean, Stephanie could even get a laugh if she said something like "turns out never getting periods is a BAD thing? Who knew!"

I'd also like to know how she found out she couldn't have children, since often that is something women discover while they're trying to have children. And not something that is discovered by accident. 

I really feel like Jodie is the breakout performance on this revival. 

• Love 1