Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Funner House

Artsda

Kimmy and DJ? Hey, I'm still waiting for Gia to reappear as Stephanie's ex-girlfriend. 

2rgjtrn.jpg

Sixth graders are terminally pathetic.

Ha! I was just thinking about this the other day. Can Gia please come back in season 2? 

Maybe she's a sixth grade teacher? Lol, how great would that be! Maybe she works at Jackson and Ramona's school and Steph runs into her at parent-teacher conferences...

• Love 3
(edited)

I was surprised with the casualness of the lesbian reference and that there was no, oh, we're just friends and straight! correction made. I know it'll never, ever happen but I think it would be interesting if Kimmy and DJ did date!

I also really liked that they didn't "correct" the crowd about their sexuality when they got on stage. Yes, this is just a nostalgic little sitcom on a niche web platform, but portraying a world where being assumed to be gay is no big deal is important for normalizing an atmosphere of tolerance, and so good for the show for doing that. Plus, they're in central San Francisco: it would strain credulity not to begin to acknowledge that there is a gay community that's an integral part of the fabric of that city. I also just really liked that their idea to get back at the cheating ex was just to dance with each other and not need to call in those DWTS dudes to "save the day." Nice bit of girl power.

I just binge watched 3 epsiodes. I guess it was because I loved the show dearly when it was first on, and I thought, "why not check it out for old time's sake?" And then I got kind of into it. I cannot believe how amazing Candace, Jodie and Andrea look (Candace especially).

The producers did a surprisingly good job with this.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 5

It surprised me how many gay reference the show makes mainly due to the Cameron religious affiliation. Then again it has always mostly been Kirk. Candace accompanied Jodie and Andrea onto Ellen for show advertising and everything was very pleasant. Candace may have her realigious idiosyncrasies but she isn't a dirt bag about them.

I am not a fan of DWTS so the dudes were a complete blank to me but I found them funny especially the bit about Rocks Papers Scissors. That was funny.

I just binge watched 3 epsiodes. I guess it was because I loved the show dearly when it was first on, and I thought, "why not check it out for old time's sake?" And then I got kind of into it. 

Pretty much sums it up. :D 

It surprised me how many gay reference the show makes mainly due to the Cameron religious affiliation. Then again it has always mostly been Kirk. Candace accompanied Jodie and Andrea onto Ellen for show advertising and everything was very pleasant. Candace may have her realigious idiosyncrasies but she isn't a dirt bag about them.

Candace also works with Raven on the View and doesn't seem to have any problem with her. Has Candace ever come out and said that she felt that being gay was a sin? (Or does she secretly feel like it is , but is "aware" enought to know that if she wants to keep working in the entertainment business, she really needs to keep that opinion to herself)

Candace also works with Raven on the View and doesn't seem to have any problem with her. Has Candace ever come out and said that she felt that being gay was a sin? (Or does she secretly feel like it is , but is "aware" enought to know that if she wants to keep working in the entertainment business, she really needs to keep that opinion to herself)

I doubt that Candace is ever going to post "No H8" on her wall, or not squirm a little if she sees a same-sex kiss, but she in general doesn't seem like a very hateful person. She has her own beliefs but she doesn't seem like she pushes them on other people. I'm sure she probably thinks its a sin but then again, it's not for her to judge. Hence why she can do things like hug Ellen or be fine with Raven.

And I think she's pragmatic enough to know that she can't really take the staunch anti-gay stance that Kirk has because she wants to work.

There's one thing mentioned in this episode that confuses me (at least I think it's in this episode) - When Stephanie claims that she "partied all night, changed into a hideous bridesmaid dress in a uber, and still ended up looking better than the bride", and Kimmy states that that was her wedding. My question is- Why on earth would Stephanie ever be Kimmy's bridesmaid?? Even at the start of the series we don't get the impression that they've become friends as they've grown up. (Especially not on Stephanie's end). So I don't understand why Kimmy would want stephanie as a bridesmaid (or why steph would agree to it).

• Love 1

There's one thing mentioned in this episode that confuses me (at least I think it's in this episode) - When Stephanie claims that she "partied all night, changed into a hideous bridesmaid dress in a uber, and still ended up looking better than the bride", and Kimmy states that that was her wedding. My question is- Why on earth would Stephanie ever be Kimmy's bridesmaid?? Even at the start of the series we don't get the impression that they've become friends as they've grown up. (Especially not on Stephanie's end). So I don't understand why Kimmy would want stephanie as a bridesmaid (or why steph would agree to it).

Yeah, that did seem a little weird to me. But maybe Kimmy wanted a certain number of bridesmaids or something? They did grow up next-door to each other and know each other pretty well. It could be like a person asking the cousin they never talk to or something.

I had no idea who the hell the 'dancing brothers' were supposed to be or why I was supposed to care or find them funny. Guess they're from Dancing With the (dubious) Stars?

Apologies in advance for my off-topic remark, but I always call it "Dancing With People You may Have Heard Of"
  • Love 3

I barely talk to my cousin and she asked me and my younger sister to be her bridesmaids. It could very well be that Kimmy needed a certain number and Stephanie was asked. As for Stephanie going, a wedding means free booze why wouldn't she go? 

A woman who worked as at the grocery store once asked me if my daughters could be her flower girls.  I didn't even know this woman's last name or what city she lived in.  We saw her when we went to the store, sometimes.  She was someone my kids and I would say hi to if we happened to see her, but we didn't go out of our way to see her.  I told her the truth - well, part of the truth - my kids, both under 3 years old, would be too shy to do a good job as flower girls, and I doubt they would even be able to walk down the aisle by themselves without bursting into tears.  The part of the truth that I didn't tell her was that there was no way I was going to buy them fancy dresses and go to rehearsals and make them sit through a wedding for someone I barely knew.  I think she just wanted to have flower girls and my kids were absolutely adorable (at least in my opinion) and extremely well behaved (also in

my opinion)

I don't think Steph and Kimmy were close, but I would think that, given the amount of time Kimmy spent with the Tanner family, she felt that Steph and Michelle were like sisters to her.  

I was surprised that they had DJ drinking in this episode - not because CCB is Christian, but because I remember in the original series DJ refused to drink because her mom was killed by a drunk driver. Maybe she loosened up on the drinking part, but not the driving after (hence the Uber). I would have liked a callback to the mom thing, though!

(edited)

I binge-watched this silly show when it debuted on Netflix, and by this point I've half-forgotten most of the episodes (and wouldn't necessarily be able to say what happened in which episode) but for some reason this episode stood out to me more, so I guess it was my "favorite" of the season. There was nothing particularly great about it, but I'll admit I snickered at the "Time of My Life" dance scene.

I "like" Joey about as much as I did in the original show, though. Which is to say, not.at.ALL. Did they even throw in a line about how he happened to be in town (that part, I don't remember)? Or did he fly from Las Vegas (or wherever he's supposed to live) specially to baby-sit DJ and Kimmy's brats, just so DJ could have her little night on the town?

Edited by kickedinthehead