Type keyword(s) to search

Banshee - General Discussion

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Kudos to Tom Pelphrey. He was great in the S3 finale, especially in the locker room scene, after Kurt almost choked out one of the neo-Nazi assholes who threatened him at the diner where he and Brock had lunch. As Kurt, TP's pain, rage and remorse were palpable in the locker room scene, when he told Brock that he was disgusted by his past and was trying to change, but it wasn't easy. To Brock's credit, he helped Kurt see that his having those feelings and admitting them was part of his changing for the better. Brock was more of a brother to Kurt in five minutes than Calvin, Kurt's own brother ever was, otherwise Calvin wouldn't have broken into Kurt's place and attacked him. So much for "brothers before brotherhood."

After what Calvin did to Kurt, I hope that Kurt  burns Calvin's playhouse down,  pun intended. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

Sad about Gordon. Then again I like the Carrie/Gordon family stuff. Not sure if that puts me in the minority or not. I thought the scenes with the Hopewalls were especially well done this season. I know a lot of people don't like Deva but I at least found her storyline believable. A girl whose life was upended and is trying to deal with it; but she is of course a teenager. Added to that she is a pro ducted of NPH and Carrie. This is girl who is bound to have....impulse control issue.

Still I thought the finale was very well done. I am looking forward to he Proctor plot now that he is violent and evil again. I kinda got bored when he was trying to be a good guy. I was actually kinda hoping Rebecca would kill him or whatever but now that he is back I am liking their particular twisted family unit again. Hey I like twisted family units....don't judge.

Speaking of....Bunker and his brother. Is that going to be a major season 4 plot? Because if it is I am so in. Dude burning the tats of your own brothers chest is hard core. Demented but hard core.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Must agree about how the Native American storyline was handled, they dropped the ball big time. Chayton started out with so much promise, then was reduced to a psycho killer.

Who was all about satisfying his blood lust. Such a waste of Geno Segers.

• Love 3

I can't believe the season is already over - it seemed to just fly by. I liked this episode but I admit that I'm a bit bummed that Gordon was killed off just when he finally gave up his pills, booze, alcohol and stripper pity party and started to be a badass - and I didn't particularly care for him at all until that point. I really liked him in this episode and the episode where he and Carrie beat the crap out of Deva's BF though I don't like the Deva storyline in general. I can only hope that Carrie and NLH ship her off to boarding school or that she ends up in Juvie  to get her out of the show (especially if NHL isn't going to be Sheriff anymore and can't just let her go if she gets arrested again).

I really hope they do not kill off Job. As much as I enjoy this show, I don't know that I would continue to watch without him - I think he brings a good element to the show (love his snark) and I do want to hear more about his backstory and how he evolved from just being a serious badass hacker to also being a physical badass.

Rebecca, on the other hand, can't die soon enough for me. I'm not a big fan of the actress and I noticed that, while she helped Kai and Burton take out Frazier and his gang, she really didn't have any lines. The actor that plays Burton does so much with so little dialogue and Rebecca does so little even when she has a decent amount of lines - she just seems like a waste of space to me and I so wish Kai would have taken her out for nearly getting him killed because she went behind his back. Kai may be getting back to being even more ruthless again, but he is way too soft when it comes to her - especially as she doesn't seem nearly as loyal as Burton no matter how much she says she was trying to "help" him by making the deal with the Salvadorians.

Looking forward to next season and seeing how this all plays out, including Bunker's storyline who I think was a really good character to add into all of this.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 2

Alas, poor Gordon, we didn't know you that well but still liked you better than Carrie. I find it rather cheap for the writers to kill off Siobhan and Gordon just to reunite Lucas/Carrie (which we all know it coming). It's such a lame way out of L/S and G/C's relationships, instead of actually having to deal with them just coming to an end on their own and keep interesting characters like Siobhan and Gordon around.

That said, I'm not at all shocked Gordon got it. I've been expecting his death since the pilot episode. The show can say what they want about "shocking deaths" but no one's demise on this show would be shocking, save killing off Hood, Carrie or Deva before the end season. Those are the only 3 that would truly surprise me, everyone else is just a ticket waiting to get punched.

I can't help but roll my eyes everytime 100 pound Carrie manages to beat up a highly trained soldier or assassian or mob enforcer. Really, show? Even with her background, a fist fight is still a fist fight and someone with equal training and skill who is twice her size and weight wouldn't always get bested by her.

So over Rebecca. I figured Kai would forgive her. She is one who needs to bite it next.

I don't want Lucas to not be the sheriff. That's just wrong. Absolutely love Bunker though. Great new addition to the cast. I want lots more of him next season. Heck, give him his own spin-off if Lucas doesn't want to be in charge of the police force anymore. Let Bunker and Brock do it.

• Love 3

I don't want Lucas to not be the sheriff. That's just wrong. Absolutely love Bunker though. Great new addition to the cast. I want lots more of him next season. Heck, give him his own spin-off if Lucas doesn't want to be in charge of the police force anymore. Let Bunker and Brock do it.

Well, technically, it wouldn't have to be a spin-off, since Banshee is the name of the town. But NLH acting as Sheriff really has been the theme of the show so far, so breaking with that is making a big move. I think I approve, especially if the move is about getting Job back. They owe him big time.

I only started to like Gordon the last couple of episodes, darn it! Especially the parental intervention with Carrie! Sadly, without him, we're stuck with Deva full-time now.

I lked the parallel revenge scenarios. Proctor and Gang had less casualties, but also had fewer characters that I was invested in. I worried constantly for Carrie, Job, and Sugar, which is why Gordon was such a surprise, followed by the Job-napping!

Looking forward to the shaken up next season!

• Love 1

Other than the locker room scene, I loved the scenes of him and the ada back in the showdown at the sheriff's office episode. It said a lot about how much the character is trying to change that he didn't spend av lot of time trying to convince her of it and I liked the glimpse of a b potential bond shown between them by the end of their stuff.

I only started to like Gordon the last couple of episodes, darn it! Especially the parental intervention with Carrie! Sadly, without him, we're stuck with Deva full-time now.

Seriously, what is it with them killing off people right after they had awesome scenes? First Nola in the episode after her great scene with Carrie at the diner and then Gordon after he kicks ass in rescuing everyone. I know it gives them a great send off, but I can't help but think of the wasted potential.

• Love 3

God I do love Carrie's fight scenes. That woman 's action face is great. And "you fight better than you fuck" is pretty much an instant classic of a line.

Edited by millahnna
  • Love 2

Guess I'm the last Rebecca fan.(So be it) Gordon went out a hero anyway.Lots of unanswered questions so next season is wide open. NLH will be on a mission to find Job.Carrie,Job,Hood and Sugar are rich now. Deva and Bunker anyone?

Kai Proctor is an enigma who is wholly evil and must eventually be dealt with. Burton and Rebecca too.

I thought the whole Native American arc was handled extremely well and for the most part accurately. 

I miss Odette Annable and Trieste Dunn. 

I'm glad our bad guys killed Langley Kirkwood (Colonel Stowe) and his crew.

I can't wait for next season. I love this show. Rooting for Job already.

Hipshooter out of your post, the only thing I agree with is your comment about Proctor and the killing of that stereotype Stowe.  

The only comment I can heartily agree with is Bunker and Deva.  That would be fascinating.

As for the rest?  You and I will simply have to disagree.  The Native American indian treatment was a pure, unadulterated, vile insult.  (What part of Chayton -- a cartoon anti-superhero -- and the Indian police -- stupid to a person -- was "accurate"?)

Edited by Captanne

As for the rest? You and I will simply have to disagree. The Native American indian treatment was a pure, unadulterated, vile insult. (What part of Chayton -- a cartoon anti-superhero -- and the Indian police -- stupid to a person -- was "accurate"?)

Actually, I think they portrayal of the Native Americans has been pretty well rounded. Sure, Chayton was pure evil, but he's also been the only person in the whole show to really give Hood a real challenge at just about anything.

As for the other characters, Alex and Nola weren't great people, but their defining characteristics were ambition and badassery and I wouldn't consider either of them evil. And you have both Aimee and Billy solidly on Team Goodguy. I don't remeber much of Russell Means' character from season one other than he was the Chief and Alex and Nola's father, but I certainly don't remember there being anything bad about him.

And it's not like Chayton was the only fucked up person on the show, Rabbit kidnapped his own grandson, Kai is sleeping with his niece and we just saw Bunker's own brother torture him with a blow torch. And don't forget rapist MMA guy from season one or The Albino.

• Love 2

IMO it's been more of a trope in recent years for Native American characters to be the Magical Native American,(from TV Tropes) or the Badass Native or the Noble Savage, (see links in the link above), so I thought it was kind of interesting in that Chayton may have been on the spirtual journey of a Native American warrior and his "religion"  BUT IMO he was just a fucked up guy using that as rationale for murder or was he was murderer trying to find some salvation, forgiveness, redemption through his spiritual journey. Similar to Proctor with his Amish roots, Bunker and his fucked up Neo Nazi beliefs etc. I do think it would have worked better for Chayton's character if he had not been the Terminator but this is Banshee so ERRYTHING is OTT.

ETA: I think it's tough to portray current Native American culture these days because no one will be happy. I thought it was interesting how many people living on the reservation viewed anyone who was a police officer as being part of "The MAN" (as the symbol of authority/oppressors) and the "Man" was the enemy.  The reservation police force was trying to deal with their own community away from the "normal" American life, just like the Amish.  But I don't think every person on the tribe's police force was stupid nor was everyone corrupt. 

To me the parallel was that there is hypocrisy and corruption everywhere in Banshee no matter if you were raised in a spiritual/religious community no matter the race, ethnicity or religion. Sooner or later you will be tempted or your secret will come out or the corruption will land at your feet and you make dubious choices for survival.  

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I do think it would have worked better for Chayton's character if he had not been the Terminator but this is Banshee so ERRYTHING is OTT.

I think that's kind of the problem of making Hood so badass. He's pretty much walked through everyone who's been put in front of him so far. The Albino, the MMA fighter, multiple mooks at the same time, etc. In order for Chayton to be a credible threat to Hood, he had to be practically invulnerable. I still think Chayton was the evil version of the Thunder Man that Alex thought he was last season.

Burton and Carrie are pretty ridiculous on how much damage they can take, too.

• Love 2

Chayton was a psychopath who got off on killing, especially snapping necks. Hunting and killing prey made him feel powerful. It didn't seem to matter to him if it was an animal or person, extinguishing life for his own emotional benefit was his thing. He (mis)used tradition, rituals, spiritualism and politics to make his behavior palatable to other people. He didn't seem to care a shit for anyone but himself and his next kill.

Edited by orzamonium
  • Love 3

I think that's kind of the problem of making Hood so badass. He's pretty much walked through everyone who's been put in front of him so far. The Albino, the MMA fighter, multiple mooks at the same time, etc. In order for Chayton to be a credible threat to Hood, he had to be practically invulnerable. I still think Chayton was the evil version of the Thunder Man that Alex thought he was last season.

Burton and Carrie are pretty ridiculous on how much damage they can take, too.

Heh. Yeah I've been thinking that Hood is weirdly indestructible too.  Of course, now with the reveal that NLH is more than just a criminal posing as a sheriff, I'm starting to think there is some Mirakuru* floating around in Banshee's water. With this silly show , I think Chayton might just still be able to kill the crocs and put his head back on and crawl up on the shore somewhere, ready for round 9000. 

*Reference to a drug in the Green Arrow universe.

• Love 2

Part of the balance is weighing the cartoonishness of Banshee overall.  As for the Native American police force:  I only remember two, right?  The girl who was the ghost on the US version of "Being Human" and the fat guy.  To my mind, they both were inept and if he wasn't corrupt he wanted to be.

Edited by Captanne

Whoa. Like the rest of the season, the finale was intense, to say the least. Once again, NLH and Cana's bullshit has caused collateral damage, this time to Gordon, whose only "sin" was not being NLH. Gordon's death was NLH's and Cana's fault. If NLH really loved Cana, then he wouldn't have come to Banshee in the first place. By the same token, if Cana really loved Gordon, then she would have told him the truth a long time ago. If Cana had stayed away from NLH, Gordon might still be alive. Instead of using Gordon's death as an excuse to get NLH and Cana back together, it should be used as a metaphor for just how wrong they are for each other. From now on, every time Cana looks at NLH, it should remind her of what-and whom- she lost since he barged back into her life. Ever since NLH has hit town, it has lead to disaster for Cana, her marriage and her kids, who have not only lost they only father they've ever known, it's partially Cana's fault. Because of NLH, Cana lost Gordon, briefly lost her freedom, almost lost the kids, almost lost her life and Gordon definitely lost his. At least Gordon went out like a badass. Loved Gordon's going American Sniper on Col. Stowe. Cana may have technically killed Stowe, but Gordon's blowing Stowe's hand off made it much easier. Gordon may not have been the most exciting man in Cana's life, but he was the most mature, most of the time. Gordon had his problems, but he got his shit together, for his kids' sake; otoh, Cana's addiction to danger has not only almost gotten her killed more than once, it did kill Gordon. Cana knew she had way too much at stake to get mixed up with NLH again but she did-and still does-anyway and now Gordon's dead because of it. By the time Cana removed her head from her ass and finally appreciated Gordon, it was too late. If one good thing can come from Gordon's death, hopefully it'll force Cana to utterly, completely and permanently get over NLH once and for all and if the look she gave him is any indication, if she's not there yet, then she's on the way. Kudos to Rus Blackwell, who made Gordon one of the most memorable characters of the show IMO, whether it seemed that way or not. RIP, Gordon. You were a much better man than NLH and you deserved a much better woman than Cana.

Now the family of three and the lame kid can unite as one. Just think of it 3 thieves in the family. I like the vacation possibilities.

I totally disagree. I've seen too much of NLH, Cana and Deva's separate crime sprees already and I don't want to see them pulling jobs as a family, especially with Max, who's not lame and needs all the stability he can get, caught in the middle.

About Proctor, Rebecca and Burton's getting into business with Hector Morales at the Philly crew's expense, I think it'll backfire, big-time because like Frazier said, chances are that Morales will betray them just like he betrayed him. Rebecca shouldn't have gotten a free pass from Proctor either. Her defiance almost got him and Emily killed and caused the Philly bloodbath in the first place. The more dead bodies, the more cops will be involved and the more questions that Proctor and Company won't want to answer. In other words, "Mo' corpses, mo' problems." As for NLH and Proctor becoming besties, my vote: "Hell, no." For one thing, what about Job? After all the times Job has been there for NLH when he didn't have to be and against his own better judgment (especially this season) NLH is just gonna give up on him now? Bullshit! If NLH thought about it, he'd realize that Dalton, the guy who held him prisoner, probably has Job now. And what about Kurt? I think that finding out about Kurt's being attacked by his own brother might play a part in NLH wanting his old job back. Speaking of Kurt, besides Rus Blackwell, the other MVP of this episode was Tom Pelphrey. He was great in the finale, especially in the locker room scene, after Kurt almost killed one of the neo-Nazi assholes who harassed him at the diner earlier that day. As Kurt, TP's pain, rage and shame were palpable in the locker room scene, when he confessed to Brock about how disgusted he was by his past sins and was trying to change, but it was much easier said than done. To Brock's credit, instead of judging Kurt, he showed compassion for him and helped him realize that having those feelings and admitting them was part of Kurt's changing for the better, which makes Kurt much better than his enemies in general and Calvin in particular, who talks a great game about "loyalty," but it literally went up in flames when he mutililated Kurt. So much for "brothers before brotherhood." Those sick fucks need to pay for that shit alone, but I don't think that Kurt and Brock, bless them, could do it alone.  As for Bunker and Deva, my vote on that: "Hell no squared."  Kurt has not only suffered enough already, I saw more chemistry with him and Job in two seconds than he would ever have with Deva.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

I don't understand the love for Gor-Dun.  The only man that cries less than him is John Boehner.  Gor-Dun has his pitty parties with the strippers and the bottle.   This loser could not even win a court case which was why he got promoted to mayor.   He should have been killed off way long time ago.  #Gor-DunCryBabyLoser

He is so upset that his woman lied to him???   They all lie and have their dirty little secrets.  He married a ripe one that was on the run from something.  Did he not ask any questions or investigate?  He was supposed to be a damned lawyer.  They always ask questions.  No, no, no.  He just picked her up, I guess to rescue the damsel and they moved to Banshee.  Gor-Dun got 15 years of happiness for his efforts before the reality of her set in.  Then it was Gor-Dun that drove her away.  What more could he expect?  #Gor-DunNaiveHardUpLoser

The series 3 confrontation was cause soley by MAX.   Max, barely pumping on one cylinder, is in dire need of a transplant.   Where is the money coming from?  Not insurance.  Not grammpy bunny.   Cana (hate portmanteau names) has one talent which she uses to try to get the cash to save Max.  For her, the big score is not a thrill ride but an act of desperation.  So, it is my conclusion that Max was responsible for her joining the robbery crew.  In the old days, people would just be shipped off to Arizona where the air is dry and breathing is easier (not sure that would help him, but it would be an alternative.)  #Gor-DunBadGenesLoser

I totally disagree. Gordon may have had the occasional pity party, but he didn't wallow in self-pity all the time. Gordon got over his demons for the right reasons, unlike Cana and NLH, who've never gotten over theirs. Gordon probably investigated Cana ( a combination of her fake first name Carrie and her real first name Ana), but since her father was a powerful gangster, she probably used his connections to cover her tracks. Cana had 15 years to tell Gordon the truth but she chose not to until Rabbit caught up with her, putting herself, Gordon, Deva and Max in danger because of her choices and her lies. Instead of sticking by Gordon-a good man who loved her-Cana chose to relive the past with NLH, only to learn in the hardest way that, like the saying goes, "You can't go home again."  

What happened this past season wasn't even remotely Max's fault. For one thing, Max was cured in season 2, hence his ability to be at the police station in the S3 finale without life support. Cana's going along with NLH's latest heist was yet another mistake on her part, one which cost Max and Deva their father. Besides, Max is a child; Cana is an adult and his mother. If it wasn't for Cana's choices, Gordon wouldn't have been there in the first place, and she'll have to live with that guilt for the rest of her life, if she has any semblance of a conscience anymore.

Gordon wasn't a "perfect" man, but he was still a great one, nonetheless. He was a soldier, a hero and an all-around badass who sacrificed himself to save someone he loved. Gordon was no saint, but he's not a "loser," either.  He was a much better man than NLH was and a much better man than Cana deserves. #GordonRocks.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

I am curious where the fans of Ukranian Barbie and NLH as an item are. TPTB have laid waste to any romantic competition for that pairing so they must be somewhere.

They sure aren't here.  Conversations have been vigorous and interesting but none have given a shit about seeing those two together.

Who the fuck sees them as tragic, star crossed lovers? I certainly don't give a flying fuck about two actors with no chemistry.  And the story isn't that compelling that it can overcome the boredom factor when they are in the same scene together.

I'm about to sign off this show.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 3

I'm fine with Gordon's death though this means more Deva angst and who wants that? I was never a fan of Gordon and never really cared for him though it sucks that he finally cleans himself up and reveals his inner badass to get killed off.

But at least Job didn't die! So I'm happy with this finale. And I love that they set up next season we finally get into Hood's past.

• Love 1

I'm still pissed about Siobhan. Then they kill Gordon, now admittedly I wasn't a Gordon fan, but his death made me sad. He really brought it in the finale. Who knew? Now it seems to me that they removed both for a Hood/Carrie reunion. Not sure if I want to watch next season. I don't find the two of them together interesting at all. Not here to watch that.

• Love 2

I'm fine with Gordon's death though this means more Deva angst and who wants that?

Oh, Gawd, shoot me now. They should just ship her off to juvie hall already because Gordon was the only parent trying to do right by her this season. Carrie is too busy planning robberies and assaulting people to even notice what a trainwreck her kid is. Lucas has the parenting skills of a slug. Just ship her off, spare me more of her sniveling criminal behavior.

• Love 2

The funny thing about this thread is the way that some want to view the Banshee characters as "normal".   None of them are normal.  They are all very much screwed up.  No matter how much you try to normalize them and their relationships, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.  That is part of the fun of the show.   Extreme characters in extreme situations and extreme relations.  3 mins into series 1 episode 1 "Hood" is boffing a waitress.   5 mins into that very same episode he is being chased by the bunny brigade and the double-decker "Strike Back" bus is about the smash the hell out of him...

Cana kept the secret for as long as possible because a secret shared is not a secret.  They got 15 years by withholding.  She was not trying to mislead or make a fool of her family.  She was trying to keep them safe by hiding.  Most likely, that time would have been much less or not occurred at all if the secret identity had been revealed.

I try to not apply my expectations on the characters of Banshee.   I just let them live in their messed up universe and try to enjoy the results. None of them are normal.  None will have normal relationships.  All are targets for desperation and despair.  This is Banshee after all.

Banshee: noun - (in Irish folklore) a spirit in the form of a wailing woman who appears to or is heard by members of a family as a sign that one of them is about to die.

Edited by oldgearhead
  • Love 5

I have not gone looking, yet.  So I am asking for someone to crack the series 3 safe combination code.  Or, at least make a guess as to what the numbers reveal.  This is just for fun.

Without going through all ten episodes in slo-mo detail, my initial guesses for the number meanings are:

1) the number of main characters killed

2) the total number killed

3) the number of times Gor-Dun cried

• Love 1

Cana kept the secret as long as possible because a secret shared is not a secret. They got 15 years by withholding. She was not misleading or trying to make a fool of her family. She was trying to keep them safe by hiding. Most likely, that would have occurred at all had the secret identity been revealed.

Again disagreeing. Cana and Gordon's marriage was based on a lie that she told for 15 years to protect herself much more than her family. Cana's idea of "protecting" them only made things worse. She may not have meant to hurt them, but it happened anyway.  Had Cana been honest with Gordon about her past, he would have been much better prepared to protect them. Like the saying goes, "Forewarned is forearmed."

I don't see the Banshee characters as "normal," either, but when they fuck up as badly as NLH and Cana have, I'm going to call them on it.

Hipshooter out of your post, the only thing I agree with is your comment about Proctor and the killing of that stereotype Stowe.  

The only comment I can heartily agree with is Bunker and Deva.  That would be fascinating.

As for the rest?  You and I will simply have to disagree.  The Native American indian treatment was a pure, unadulterated, vile insult.  (What part of Chayton -- a cartoon anti-superhero -- and the Indian police -- stupid to a person -- was "accurat

Captanne

The Native American arc was accurate in as much as the conditions on the reservation mirror many such reservation scenes. Squalor, poverty below the poverty line, gangs, dishonest tribal officials,corruption,lack of formal education,total mistrust of whites and officials in general.. Rich tribal counsel (Casino owning) while the rest of the tribe suffers in abject poverty.

Agree that the Chayton arc was strictly artistic license as was the whole attack on the army scenes. That was my intent in my post.

• Love 1

I've been intrigued with Kurt from the start, when he showed up at the station and asked NLH for a job in episode 4, but he really came into his own in the next episode, when Chayton and his gang attacked the station. Kurt showed initiative when he broke into the gun cabinet and armed his future comrades/bosses, including Allison. Speaking of Allison, her initial distrust and resentment of Kurt was understandable, given what neo-Nazi punks did to her and her father, but Kurt's telling her about his past and how he became a member of the Aryan Brotherhood must have moved her on some level, otherwise she wouldn't have saved his life. Kurt showed strength and courage on that night on several levels, disproving Allison's opinion that people can't change.

As for why Kurt left the AB, my two-part theory is that he fell in love with the "wrong" person, which pissed them off, so they hurt and/or killed them, prompting Kurt to quit them and become a cop in disgust. I said "person" because part 2 of my theory is that Kurt is either bisexual or gay. If he is, then it would add another level of complexity to his story. On the romance front, suggested partners in the episode thread include Allison and Deva, but Allison apparently has a girlfriend and Deva's not only way too young for Kurt, she's a whiny, annoying pain in the ass whom I can't stand and Kurt has suffered/is suffering enough and deserves way better. My pick for Kurt's potential love interest: Job. Kurt and Job only had one scene together, but their chemistry was off the charts and with Job's current predicament, I think he'll need somebody who'll at least try to keep him out of trouble while Kurt needs somebody who can protect him so that what happened to him in the finale, Heaven willing, will never happen again and Job's just the badass to do it.

I'm definitely not looking for realism in this show. Everything is taken to the extreme, action, fighting, surviving. Everyone in that town are messed up and/or killers. I watch this show for pure entertainment value to see what F-ed up situation NLH and crew are going cause and then clean up. 

Most of the characters are not rootable and almost all have done some messed up shit. I'm watching a strange version of survival of the fittest and am waiting to see who makes it to the end. Maybe some of the people in the town of Banshee are drinking Lazarus pit water, that's why they can survive so much. 

Gordon finally got to be a badass like the rest of them, then he died. I'm not that upset most of the time he annoyed me but I did like when he and Cana were reconciling. She's better with him then with NLH. With him it's interesting to know that he's some kind of black black ops solider which I guess somewhat explains his fighting and survival skills.

Rebecca is better when she's not talking as much. I had hoped to see her and Burton hang around more. I really liked when they worked together.  

• Love 1

Gordon finally got to be a badass like the rest of them, then he died. 

I respectfully disagree.  Gordon and Cana's saving Deva, in which Gordon not only beat the shit out of Deva's now-ex boyfriend, when the dumb little shit pulled a gun on Gordon, Gordon disarmed and pistol-whipped him with it, looked pretty badass to me.

Edited by DollEyes
Feb 16 2015. 9:10 am

Other than "the whole reason NLH set this ball in motion", I was over Ms. Pouty McSuperModel from the very beginning.  (The credibility factor that a woman who looks like she does would end up married to a prosecutor in a small American Amish town with 2.5 children and a white picket fence was only one of the most bizarre unbelievability factors in a show that mints its coinage on unbelievability.)

Well, maybe normally you would be right, but she was hiding from her father and just went to a small town and kept a low profile.  And then the guy just happened.  Couldn't actually do Vogue.  Had to settle for the white picket fence.

Agree to disagree.  She is a 5'9" ninja -- no matter what you do, you can't hide that under a hausfrau costume if you have to live the public life of the Mayor's wife and, in your private life, bear at least one child in front of him.  "Milicevic worked as a model while attending Athens High School in Troy, Michigan."  http://bansheetvshow.com/cast-guide/carrie-hopewell-ivana-milicevic

I just don't like the character and I don't buy her story.

C'est la vie.

Well, being  5'9" doesn't mean you can't blend in.  And plenty of people are in good shape.

Just seems quite condescending..really think there is a subtext of racism here..I may be paranoid on this but I'd rather be paranoid than easily fooled ;)

It sounds like you were both. 

I don't sense any racism in this show.  I also don't go looking for it either.  I just watch to be entertained and don't expect an hour of entertainment to address some phony sense of fairness.

• Love 1
(edited)

Dammit. I am strongly against incest. I don't ship on The Borgias, I don't ship it on Game of Thrones, but dammit if I wasn't mad at Kai for sleeping with Emily and planning to have a relationship with her. I guess he was trying to listen to his mother and do the right thing, but Lili Simmons is the sexiest woman on TV right now and one of the most beautiful in my opinion, and she can act, she showed it mostly last season but let's not forget it! I love her and Kai is so sexy. This show is very equal-opportunity soft porn and to a bi girl like me, I am addicted. You got me again Alan Ball. Cana is good for sex scenes but other than that, boring. And Kai with the body and the bad guy with a sensitive side is getting to me. He's the most attractive male in the show in my opinion, followed by Gordon (RIP). With Siobhan gone (RIP and fuck you show), there's only Rebecca and Kai for me. I think after such sheltered life she's gone deep on the other end... Anyway, it's not like Proctor was involved in raising her, and she is genuinely attracted to him, and if he's gonna kill every male she dares to have sex with, he better provide her the peen. He wants her to be celibate forever if he's not sleeping with her? I don't think so. He was obsessed with her last season, I guess his mother's death made him feel guilty about their relationship? 

Shame on me. I'll be on the shallow corner justifying uncle-niece incest because she didn't grow up around him and made the first move and they are both so attractive to me. Damn you Allan Ball. Damn you (and thanks for Lili Simmons).

Edited by Dorne2.0

I respectfully disagree. Rebecca & Kai are still blood, whether he raised her or not. Unless they were physically hurting her, Kai has no business either killing Rebecca's lovers nor becoming one of them.  IMO, if Kai really loved Rebecca, he'd want to protect her from evil as much as possible, especially himself. If Rebecca & Kai ended up destroying each other, I not only wouldn't be surprised, it would serve them right, as far as I'm concerned.