Type keyword(s) to search

Banshee - General Discussion

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

(edited)
that was an attempt at a joke based on his seeming indestructability and the graphic nature of his demise. I'm 95% sure he's done for.

If tv has taught me anything, it's that you're not dead till Jack Bauer kills you.  That said, yeah, Chayton's dead.  Even the zombies on Walking Dead would tell him 'Dude, you mind staggering in a different direction?  You're making me a little nauseous here.'

So what, Kai repents and he's welcomed back?  Like he's just been on the longest, bloodiest rumspringa on record?  I was so waiting for that to turn out to be a dream sequence but apparently not.  Man, the Banshee-verse gets more and more like GTA every episode.  

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 1

And Rebecca's dumb games with the drugs just got Kai and Emily taken. BTW why wasn't Emily wearing any sleeves?

I didn't get the impression that they were taken by the drug guys - I thought it was the Colonel, who is looking for the criminals who robbed him.  Although it is clear that he suspects Cana (correctly, of course), I wonder if he thought she was working with Kai, who is the top criminal in Banshee. 

(edited)

I didn't get the impression that they were taken by the drug guys - I thought it was the Colonel, who is looking for the criminals who robbed him.  Although it is clear that he suspects Cana (correctly, of course), I wonder if he thought she was working with Kai, who is the top criminal in Banshee. 

Nope, they were taken by Frasier, the Philly drug king pin's guys.  One of the kidnappers that took them initially met with Rebecca, who told them she was increasing their price. They then later met with Kai and Kai said they were reducing the price and they weren't going to sell to the Salvadorians anymore. Rebecca went behind Kai's back and made a deal with the Salvadorians on her own and Frasier presumably got pissed about this and sent his guys to take Kai and Emily.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 1
(edited)

Another good one. As expected, few things are what they seem on this show. Even a simple road trip is anything but, especially if NLH & Chayton are involved. NLH's & Brock's visit to New Orleans to get Chayton wasn't "the Big Easy" by a long shot, thanks to some backwoods Redbones & an underground fight club that's mob-owned and heavily-armed. It's the sort of place that also doesn't take too kindly to cops, especially the ones they don't own. I'm so glad that Chayton's really, most sincerely dead. He bought his own hype for far too long and innocent people, especially Siobhan, died because of it. Chayton thought of himself as a "noble savage" but there was no nobility about his savagery. Worse, Chayton used his own people as an excuse to justify his crimes. Chayton considered himself a warrior but he was nothing but a cold-blooded killer, who, unlike his victims, deserved to die. Chayton was no warrior because true warriors, as a rule, try not to shed innocent blood. That Chayton got his face blown off and fed to the gators was the icing on the cake. Chayton's death is many things, but a tragic loss is not one of them. Whatever Hell Chayton's rotting in, he belongs there, as far as I'm concerned. Brock was right for putting NLH on blast for wanting to quit the force because IMO he needs to finish what he's started with Proctor, if not for Banshee's sake, then for Siobhan's and Deva's sake because if Kai loses Rebecca and Emily, then something tells me that it's just a matter of time before he gets to Deva-and given her track record, chances are it'll be way sooner than later.

Sugar and Job were awesome, as always. Leave it to Job to not only figure out that Sugar was being scammed, but to kick the scammer's ass on his own turf and get the money back. Job being Job, he didn't do it for free, but his willingness to do it at all is a big step. Job may not be crazy about "Podunk Tragedy Theater," but his helping Sugar shows that sometimes he cares about more than money. Rebecca is working my last nerve. Her sleeping with Kai (ew) and her scheming behind his back without even thinking that she would get caught are bad enough, but her stupidity has put herself, him, Emily and possibly even the whole community in danger. If Rebecca suffered Siobhan's fate by season's end, it would neither be a surprise nor a loss.

Col. Stowe's doing the math re the heist was a definite "uh-oh" moment for me.  ITA that Burton was either born without a penis or was castrated a long time ago.  

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3
(edited)

I just noticed that Hoon is in a mediocre (my opinion) show on Amazon Prime called "Bosch".  I haven't seen the episode but he's on the IMdB cast list.  This might belong in the "in the media" thread but the discussion is going on here, so I'll post it here.

ETA:  In my opinion (again), the only redeeming portion of that stinky Sugar/Job subplot is that Job took part of the money as a fee for cleaning up Sugar's shit.  (I think that subplot was lazy.  It came from nowhere and fizzled into nowhere -- and, in the meantime, made Sugar look alternately like an asshole and an idiot.  It was just space-filler.  I'm not saying it might not come up again but for now, we've been fluffed.)

Edited by Captanne

I loved Job kicking that boxer's ass all while dressed fabulously in that loose fitting tux and no socks. I also liked that he looked out for Sugar by checking up on that guy. Despite their differences Job looks out for his own.

Finally Chayton's dead. I was beginning to think he wasn't human. A shotgun blast to face proved he was. I don't think they are portraying Native Americans as just savages. Chayton is a psychopath, as are the two white guys Kai and Rabbit. Raven and the new female Reservation cop are good people. Everyone on this show is messed up and that's why I love it. 

Hood does have to finish what he started. He'll have to handle the shit that's about to go down with the Colonel and probably have to go rescue Kai from the drug lords. 

• Love 2
(edited)

What I loved most about Job's asskicking outfit is that he's not stupid. He wore some stylish flats because they are cute and practical.  Thank gods he wasn't wearing heels.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I want Job's matador outfit! Next up on who should die list: Rebecca. The look on her face when she put her hands down Clay's pants, her smug indignation, and watching the Philly guys take Kai and Brock's x away, was priceless. If this doesn't lead to her final comeuppance, I will scream like Clay. Nice to finally see some of his back story, anyone else think that was the Salvadorans that kidnapped them? Rebecca is sorely mistaken thinking he won't go straight to Kai, too bad Kai's not there.

Also, does that diner not clean it's tables, or did psycho notice a new hand print he'd left?

• Love 1

Well gee..Chayton was only bad or "evil" because the writers made it so lol..we have to remember it's fiction ;) As they can make anyone that way...and it's funny..yea Chayton was running from the law..but technically Hood should be too. Hood has and continues to break the law and still plays at being a sheriff...a TON of hypocrisy there. I like Job as he seems to be one of the more genuine characters..not as pretentious or narcissistic even tho he sometimes is a drag queen lol. I seem to be more annoyed at shows that center around mostly one character..in this case Hood..a protagonist..but not one to be looked up to..but for some reason they keep making excuses to keep this bad guy around and off the others.

I actually don't see the hypocrisy.  I think NLH is very consistent.  At heart, he's a "good" man who believes in justice.  

The problem is that in a civilized society, a vigilante cannot simply render his own justice.  He cannot be judge, jury and jailer.  Only in fiction are you right all the time, able to level a proper punishment and then execute it.

NLH would argue that the "society" of Banshee is not civilized.  I would challenge him to show me a human society that is.  Our legal system(s) struggle with that very problem daily, weekly, yearly and through the millennia.  It's possible that, in the abstract, the global community of mankind has established one of the most fair legal systems in the world.  In the specific, it pretty much sucks.

I think Brock would side with me.

• Love 3
(edited)

So, I can stand to let Carrie get killed and be the sacrifice.

But I'm not going to be able to handle it if Job gets killed.  Even Sugar better survive.

"Did you think I would fuck you if I didn't have to?"

BUUUUUUURN.

Oh.  "Grunge Job".  Totally awesome.

He wasn't much of a fighter or even very in shape when and Hood first crossed paths.

Hope we get some flashbacks to Hood teaching him his Jedi ways.

Edited by Bama
(edited)

NLH is Batman or the like. He is more a symbol of vengeance then justice.

It's funny I think my favorite character these days is Gordon. "What the fuck did you do now?" Was probably my favorite line of the episode.

I also like Carrie a lot. The Hopewell stuff is always interesting to me. I good those crazy kids can work things out.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

I have to say I kind of disliked this episode. I felt like this isn't the show I have come to really enjoy.  So NLH is like indestructible ?

weird flashback.  But if they kill Job or Sugar, I'mma be pissed.  I really do not like or understand Brock's ex-wife. She is one fucked up chick. Good grief I hope we don't have to deal with her anymore.  That said, she'll probably be the one that kills Proctor out of woman scorned and all that.  Or she'll kill Brock because she'll blame him ....for ...reasons.

Job is still my favorite.

The violence seemed over the top this week, even for Banshee! Probably because instead of fights it was people being beaten whlle restrained, which is harder to watch for me at least. I liked the Job backstory, and perhaps the fact that he's with an admiree means that maybe he can turn the guy like he once did NLH in the flashbacks? I hope so. Glad to see that Proctor got his Mojo back! Having the Banshee "police" refuse to rescue him seemed a decent final straw, and, even though Rebecca IS the cause of this particular situation, she'd never have been left with so much power if Proctor hadn't been otherwise occupied. Bunker's kind of hot, isn't he? Are they toying with something between he and Deva?

(edited)

Bunker's kind of hot, isn't he? Are they toying with something between him and Deva?

I hope not. Bunker deserves better, aka Job.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

Okay, so this week felt back on track.  Inside stories on all of them!

Catrox14, I actually felt the "he's indestructible?" vibe last week rather than this week.  While he was fighting One-Note-Chayton (*yawn*), I thought he was some sort of superhero.  In a plastic, teflon, too-much kind of way.

I didn't really see anyone getting abused over the top this week other than in the normal cartoony way Banshee does their violence.  

Anyone know why NLH is still wearing that Ace bandage on his left wrist and hand?

One thing I hope I understood from the episode was that the very last thing Proctor was going to tell Cool-Drug-Dealing-Dude was that he'd lost control of the skanky niece.  He didn't say a word about her and the fact that she'd gone behind his back.  I look forward to their inevitable confrontation.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, but I've always been a huge Kai fan from the very beginning.  Of course, he is extremely violent and skeezy, but I find his character to be strangely compelling.  I guess I  like the elements of faith that underlay his SL.  Maybe it's the writing, maybe good acting, but I really watch the show when he is on-screen.  I had no doubt that he would rescue himself once Emily was out of the way, and that look he gave Hood when the sheriff refused to rescue him was priceless.

I was totally bored by the Job/Lucas backstory, because I just didn't see how it was necessary.

Of course, Deva's nonbiological father is a much better parent to her than her biological father.  I'm so sick of her, and her reckless actions (yes, I understand that her world has been upended, but what a brat.  Ugh)

I don't mind if Job/Sugar/Cana don't survive, so that will leave more time for Kai and Burton (without glasses).

• Love 1
(edited)

This was a good, if short, episode. I think it was short because it's the opening act for the Season Finale. NLH is still reeling from Siobhan's death and still numb despite killing Chayton, hence his initial refusal to save Proctor from the Black Beards who abducted him, but changing his mind for Brock's sake. Back to the Black Beards, while Kai killed the other guys, I've got the feeling that this won't be the last we'll see or hear of the blind boss. Speaking of bosses, Col. Stowe became the bosses of Cana, Sugar and even Job when he had them kidnapped and tortured, but that was ultimately NLH's fault. If he had listened to Job in the first place, they wouldn't be in this mess. Loved the flashbacks to NLH's and Job's past, when Job had hair and NLH didn't-not on his face, anyway. However, I also would have loved to have seen how NLH helped make Job into the badass he is. About Deva, not only has she not learned from her mistakes, she's just going to keep making them as long as NLH keeps bailing her out. Deva's belief that Gordon's not her father made me want to slap the shit out of her. Gordon's saving Deva from/ beating the hell out of the punk who pulled a gun on him proves otherwise. NLH's letting Deva go was way out of line.  News flash, NLH: Gordon is not only Deva's father, he's the Mayor, aka your boss, which means that if/when he puts Deva on lockdown again, if you value the job that you stole, she stays put. Maybe if you and Cana spent as much time being good parents to her (like Gordon) as you do being partners in crime, Deva wouldn't be as fucked up as she is and she wouldn't be in danger of losing her mother again.

I wasn't surprised nor concerned when NLH and Brock left Proctor after rescuing Emily. It may technically be NLH's job to protect the people of Banshee, but Proctor's the one whom they need the most protection from, with Burton and Rebecca being close behind. Even if NLH had chosen to save Proctor, it wouldn't have changed Proctor for the better. Proctor would still be a criminal and will still be running Banshee until somebody stops him once and for all. Just when it seems like Brock couldn't get more awesome, he does, not that Emily appreciates it or him. Brock risked his life to rescue Emily and she repays him by calling him a "coward" and still wanting Proctor, despite her getting kidnapped and almost killed indirectly because of him? That stupid, skanky and ungrateful bitch! If it wasn't for Brock's bravery, Emily might be dead right now. Emily's actions confirmed what Brock said about her-that she thought that she could "save" Proctor, but time and time again, Proctor proves that like I've said before, some people can't be saved because they aren't worth saving, so trying is just a waste of time. Emily's rejecting Brock says much worse about her than it does about him. If Emily was even half as smart as she thinks she is, then she would know that Brock, not Proctor, is the kind of man worth fighting for.

I was hoping that we'd find out that Emily was the real head of the Philly gang.

Not me. If Emily was a criminal mastermind, then she wouldn't have been living in a dumpy apartment before hooking up with Proctor and she would have a much better wardrobe. She's no kingpin, by a long shot.

Bunker's even more of a badass then I thought. He's not only willing to suffer the stares of strangers because of his neo-Nazi tattooes, he stomped the asses of his former neo-Nazi playmates some of whom are still pals with Calvin, Bunker's brother, who's still one of them. My unspoiled spec about why Kurt and Calvin parted ways is because Calvin either hurt or killed someone whom Kurt loved. I also think that Calvin's going to be one of the Big Bads of next season. As for Tom Pelphrey's shirtless workout scenes, DAYYMM!! Tom/Kurt looks just as good out of uniform as he does in it.

I liked the Job flashback and perhaps the fact that he's with an admiree means that maybe he can turn the guy like he once did NLH is the flashbacks.

I totally disagree. Job doesn't need a psycho fanboy who drugged and kidnapped him, especially one of Stowe's bitches.

I don't mind of Job/Sugar/Cana don't survive, so that will leave more time for Kai and Burton (without glasses).

I mind. TPTB can do what they want to Cana, Proctor and Burton, for that matter, but they better leave Job and Sugar alone.

Edited by DollEyes
(edited)

Tom Pelpery has gotten even hotter post-Guiding Light.

Hope the above poster is right about Kurt's brother being the big bad next season.

Please let him survive, Bunker's backstory has me intrigued.

Plus it's about time the actor had a chance to showcase why he's a Daytime Emmy Award

Winner.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 1

Is Job's death spoiler or speculation?  Or is it a plot point I missed?  This is a genuine question for I am old and miss things.  (I'm not pimping you as to whether that comment belongs in "spoiler/speculation" 'cause I'm not even sure we have a thread for that here.)

Did I miss something?

I haven't heard anything about whether or not Job dies for sure but they have been killing off a lot of characters this season. They also showed no hesitation in killing off characters like Emmett and Alex Longshadow last season. So I can easily see Job and/or Sugar dying this season. I don't think they will touch Carrie/Anna. Plus they spent this episode stressing the break-up of the Job/Hood friendship while showing us how it started. It reminded me of Siobhan's death episode.

I hope next season they flat out tell us Hood's secret. I noticed they once again kind of hinted at it. They teased us with his real name by having flashback Job ask about it. Hood was also quick to recognize that the bullets he found were military. Tell us his secrets!

Gosh..sure am getting more and more turned off towards Banshee lol. So sick of Kai, Rebecca and Burton...Burton is kinda awesome but not one of them has died...yet they don't mind killing off pretty much every native american. I mean seriously..Chayton should have at least killed Rebecca when he had the chance..what a waste of an interesting character in Chayton. This is what you might call.."bipolar racism"...more subtle..they don't make it a race thing when it's whites being bad and just basically imply "Ohh it's just boys being boys"..but when it comes to other races..especially native american..they make them look sooo bad..make them to be jokes and just kill them off easily, for the most part. I mean Redbones did not score anything really..not against Proctor..meanwhile Proctor and his smug whiteness continues to reign as if somehow they are worth more alive in the show. Just seems quite condescending..really think there is a subtext of racism here..I may be paranoid on this but I'd rather be paranoid than easily fooled ;)

Now the military money heist was a good episode in of itself..I loved the first person view and nightvision action lol. The Colonel actually seems like a decent person..bit rough around the edges but he's combative military..so DUH! He has to be. It seems like he really genuinely cared for Carrie tho and seems like he is getting screwed over for nothing..and Hood and the others are coming off moreso as douchebags who should not be getting away with it. Just find that part of the story sad..Colonel is not a stereotypical villain to be fought against..he may become one but that's largely because of Hood and his greed for playin thief even when he is still an active Sheriff.

I loved that Kai kicked Brock's ex to the curb. I hope this means we're done with her for good (and Brock isn't dumb enough to take her back). Now, I just hope he reigns some hell down on Rebecca next and not decide that he weirdly admires her for going behind his back.

Bunker is a really interesting character to me. I hope they keep him around for a long time. (Heck, give him his own spin-off!) And it helps that he's easy on the eyes.

I'm TeamGordon right now when it comes to Deva. I thought Lucas was out of line to interfere seeing as how he only wants to play parent when it's convenient for him (just a few episodes ago he was planning to skip town and leave her behind). Deva has been out of control for a long time and Carrie&Lucas have been too busy killing people, stealing stuff and being psychopaths in general to bother parenting her. It's sad that the pill popping drunk is the most attentative parent at the moment. So, please Gordon, send her annoying bratty ass off to military school.

• Love 2

As in "man," which Kurt Bunker, the ex neo-Nazi/current Banshee Deputy Sheriff definitely is, as his shirtless workout scenes alone prove, hence the "XY" in the thread title, which is also a shout-out to American History X, the story of another former neo-Nazi, played by Oscar nominee Edward Norton, who renounced his past beliefs.  Bunker is arguably the best new character on the show. Kurt's backstory of being an abused child who was "adopted" by the local neo-Nazis is fascinating, as is his estrangement from his brother Calvin, who's the current leader and who could also be one of the Big Bads of next season.

Even better is that Kurt is played by Tom Pelphrey, the Daytime Emmy-winning actor from Guiding Light. His performance makes Kurt a blast to watch. The fact that he's hot doesn't hurt.  Express your opinions about Bunker here.

• Love 3

Man..a lot of good characters are being killed off...is this Game of Thrones all of a sudden?!?! Lol...but yea I think I'm done watching Banshee..native americans being smeared was the main turnoff for me...and characters like Siob and Gordon being killed..was basically Hood's fault. I mean he and the gang wanted to be overly GREEDY and keep thieving and put them all at further risk..and they went too far stealin from elite military. At the end of last episode..it seems like Hood is gonna team up with Kai and his gang now...which is r*******..I hate them lol..they keep getting off easy..especially Rebecca, the spoiled bitch brat lol. Realistically she would have died awhile ago..but ohh let's keep the attractive white people alive just because! lol. Sad. 

• Love 1

I just read an interview with the creator and he said that killing off Gordon kind of erases some obstacles for Carrie/Hood.  Funny thing is, IMO, Carrie had more chemistry with Gordon, and Hood with Siobhan. 

I stay for Sugar and Job.  Oh and Bunker, Brock, and Burton.  I usually end up liking the supporting characters more than the leads.

• Love 1

I just read an interview with the creator and he said that killing off Gordon kind of erases some obstacles for Carrie/Hood.  Funny thing is, IMO, Carrie had more chemistry with Gordon, and Hood with Siobhan. 

I stay for Sugar and Job.  Oh and Bunker, Brock, and Burton.  I usually end up liking the supporting characters more than the leads.

Siobhan and Gordon, were their chance at healthy relationships and emotional stability.

Notably since both still wanted to try and make it work, after learning the truth.

Well, so much for that.

• Love 2

Best show on tv and criminally under appreciated and under watched. I hope more people find this hidden gem of a show. It has been my favorite since it first started and I am blown away by how it continually tops itself and just gets better and better. The complex and fascinating characters, spectacular performances by extremely talented actors/actresses, intricate interwoven story lines which are enthralling, cultural diversity, gorgeous cinematography, thrilling and refreshing fight choreography, nonstop action yet no sacrificing of character growth/development, no fear with killing off characters and so much more are why I love this show so much. BANSHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Job is alive (imo) and I bet next season they expand on Dalton's world (military-esque guy in "Lucas Hood's" backstory)…I think that is who Job will be given to….At the rate Banshee chews up stories (most shows use an entire season for just one storyline resolved in just a couple episodes of Banshee---where every episode feels like a season finale), the white supremacy story will be wrapped up in a quick yet highly entertaining manner.

"Hood" and Kai remind me of Harlan & Boyd (justified) without the backstory of being friends when young

• Love 2

Yeah, Dalton definitely has Job.

Isn't that the guy that Job and NLH referred to in the flashback last week when we saw how Job and NLH met?

Dalton sent NLH to kill Job, Job talked his way out of it, and made NLH disappear (along with 40 other spec ops guys apparently).  That was in 1994 according to the Job-fanboy.

Seems like next season will have Dalton as the big bad and we will get a lot more info on Job and NLH's pasts.

Edited by Bama
  • Love 8

Oh, they are definitely keeping him around. He may be stuck in a hospital for few episodes, but everything so far feels like set up for a major storyline next season.

Wait, was that an episode of Strike Back or Banshee? 

That was peculiar. I'm surprisingly sad about Gordon. I was just starting to like him :(.  Gods why does Carrie survive but Siobhan doesn't? Oh right because they just seem to be stuck on the Carrie/NLH relationship. Geez...they are so bleh.  

I swear to gods if they kill off Job :(. 

I did like the final scene with Kai and NLH.  Maybe NLH will have to ally with Kai Proctor to find Job...or a job for that matter.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I hate this freakin show.   It only has 10 epis per season and then we have to sit and wait a year for more.  dang it all.

Well, in a few months I will watch the entirety of all 3 seasons again.  Then do the same just before season 4 comes out.

Sorry, not all patient in my old age.  

That was peculiar. I'm surprisingly sad about Gordon. I was just starting to like him :(.  Gods why does Carrie survive but Siobhan doesn't? Oh right because they just seem to be stuck on the Carrie/NLH relationship. Geez...they are so bleh.  

Just about the opposite here.   They should have dumped Gor-dun a few episodes into season 2.

Carrie/Anna was the story line for seasons 1 and 2.   They have let her go to seed this season.

I hated to see Kelly (do not at all like the S name) leave, but she did become an FBI guy on that show with the psychic kid.

Now, the family of three and the lame kid can unite as one.   Just think of it 3 thieves in family.   I like the vacation possibilities.

Just about the opposite here.   They should have dumped Gor-dun a few episodes into season 2.

Carrie/Anna was the story line for seasons 1 and 2.   They have let her go to seed this season.

I hated to see Kelly (do not at all like the S name) leave, but she did become an FBI guy on that show with the psychic kid.

Now, the family of three and the lame kid can unite as one.   Just think of it 3 thieves in family.   I like the vacation possibilities

NLH/Carrie was the storyline that I could barely stand to watch regardless of it being the main thrust for the first 2 seasons.  Carrie has always been the weak link for me. But I think she is better with Gordon.  And Hood was better with Siobhan.

• Love 2

I haven't seen the episode yet but I love spoilers so I read what everyone has written here and have a couple of observations.  (I'll watch the episode tonight; I have to work this weekend so no chance for last night.  I haven't missed one yet and don't plan on starting now.)

ANYway, based on comments above:  I do miss Gordon.  That was a bad idea.  As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I like the direction the show is taking.  Plotwise, I have to agree that I'm tired of the Native American stereotype on this show.  Skinheads who are a deviant social aberration can be redeemed (Bunker) but an entire race of people are either psychopaths (Chayton, the guys in the Louisiana swamp), sheeple (Chayton's brother and crew), or idiots (the NA police.)  Even the one member of the hero team is expendable.  Yeah, I'm not jazzing on that.

On the casting/crew decision making process:  I don't know the actors' names for the most part so I'm just going to use the characters' names.  NLH and Siobhan* had wonderful chemistry and the character of Siobhan was very subtle.  The performance was wonderful.  Carrie has no chemistry with anyone but at least she wasn't boring with Gordon -- don't mean plotwise, I mean the actors.  Their plots ranged from mind-numbing to interesting.  There was some tiny spark there which may have entirely been credited to Gordon but a spark is a spark.  Run with it.  So, the Powers in Charge decide to kill off the characters that are remotely sexy in a show that makes its bread and butter with graphic sex and violence?  Someone is getting bad advice, if you ask me.

*Btw, "Siobhan" is one of the loveliest names in Christendom and is very, very Celtic.  It's a very old, beautiful name and suited her well.  She was beautiful and had an old, wise soul.  Personally, I love that name and thought it was perfectly suited to the character and the actress playing her.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2

As for the season and finale:

Wish the actress Odette Anabelle did not have prior commitments. They could have done more with Nola in town, but it  was still an exciting fight with Burton.

I also wish there was interaction between Chayton and Kai. That would have been interesting.

They left out the Indian tribe stuff and Carrie’s young son which was a good idea as it probably would have dragged the pace of the show.

IMHO, this season was better than last season.  Season one was good because it was new.

I am glad that the writers are trying to get away from the show being relegated to the brutal beatdown of the week, the great robbery of the season, naked Rebecca, Rebecca and Kai together, NLH in bed with all the girls, and so on.  I would like to see more small town intrigue.

Anyway next season is said to be only eight episodes which should make for an even tighter season with no excess storylines or fillers. Pittsburgh should make for a good location.

As for the finale, I found the NLH/Dalton flashbacks to be interesting, yet too reminiscent of “La Femme Nikita” which I don’t really want for the show.

Also all the Banshee finales have a HUGE shootout and that is getting a little repetitive.

Any thoughts?

• Love 2

Uh-oh. If the S3 finale's any indication, it looks like Job won't be in Banshee for a while, which, not surprisingly, is NLH's fault. Chances are that Dalton guy who held NLH prisoner in the finale is the same creep who's got Job-for now, anyway.