Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Sins Of The Father

(edited)

I've long speculated that maybe people like Ichabod and Abbie have been doing this work throughout centuries, but always on their own, maybe aided by documents (books, letters) from their predecessor as that appears to be a strong theme in this series. Lone Witnesses, if you will. However, when Katrina caused Ichabod to be raised again in the future, for the first time on earth two Lone Witnesses were here at the same time and found each other.

I thought this could be a good plot point down the road - it wouldn't be hard to write in some sort of prophecy or speculation that there have always been Lone Witnesses for a reason, that the emotional bonds were strong even when separated by time and communication was limited to writing. Therefore, having two of them physically together in the same space would create such an emotional bond that there's a danger they will put each other ahead of everything. That's where a prophecy would be a good twist - something about the world being doomed if two Lone Witnesses should find themselves together.

If this plot point were being developed as we watch Abbie and Ichabod grow closer, it would put some tension in the show about their relationship without having to resort to will-they-won't-they tactics or Ross/Rachel boomeranging or drama in their relationship. Instead the drama would be in the tension of wanting them together just as they want it, but knowing it could spell disaster for the world by being together.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 3
(edited)

I could see that, but what about the Sumerian book Crane brought back that had 2 people on it that look like Ichabbie, that were called The Destroyers? I wonder if they are actually different people or if they are still Ichabbie but in another life. Because Abbie wasn't called until Ichabod rose. But could that be because of his blood tie to the Horseman? Either way, I'm hoping for some more back story. And with Pandy and The Asshat One around now who are aware of their lineage, it's the perfect time to delve into it.

Edited by Badsamaritan
  • Love 3

Buffy the Vampire Slayer's final season episode, Get It Done

Is that from the alternate history BtVS where they made a 6th and 7th Season?  I hear about these from time to time, but figure they're just the product of too much fan-fic.

I've long speculated that maybe people like Ichabod and Abbie have been doing this work throughout centuries, but always on their own, maybe aided by documents (books, letters) from their predecessor as that appears to be a strong theme in this series. Lone Witnesses, if you will. However, when Katrina caused Ichabod to be raised again in the future, for the first time on earth two Lone Witnesses were here at the same time and found each other..

Well, also, too, in the past the Witnesses, whether one or two, had to work in isolation.  But Ich and Abbie have a support system that goes beyond just the two of them.  They have comrades-in-arms, and possibly more important, they have friends.

(That said with the amount of wine he probably had, I want Ichabod to be drinking buddies with Olivia Pope on Scandal.) 

Right? They showed Crane open a bottle at the beginning of the sequence (not even bothering to remove the foil before pouring) and then he uncorks a second bottle when Abbie comes in. Either a continuity error, or he downed a bottle of red! Damn, man! Get him a wine cardigan, stat.

• Love 2

Right? They showed Crane open a bottle at the beginning of the sequence (not even bothering to remove the foil before pouring) and then he uncorks a second bottle when Abbie comes in. Either a continuity error, or he downed a bottle of red! Damn, man! Get him a wine cardigan, stat.

My man.  LOL

• Love 2

Okay, all of this crap with Pandora and her god boyfriend need to just stop.  I was bored by it, now it's annoying. Pandora was irritating from the start of the season and the addition of the god guy just made it even worse. Please just stop with this stupid storyline.

• Love 3
(edited)

As Blair Waldorf once said, good minions are hard to find.

Other words of wisdom from Blair that have stayed with me years after the show ended: "Tights are not pants!"

So off-topic, but I mutter that under my breath multiple times a day in DC where I live.  It's an epidemic.  I was at a posh resort over the weekend and saw a woman in tights as pants and was just horrified.  "Tights are NOT pants!"

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1