Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Moving Day

There's no way that 30 year old 80s plaid couch would look so fresh and clean in that house now. Even with neat freak Danny. Also, I noticed they updated the kitchen, complete with a fancy Wolf range. Why would they leave those ugly plaid curtains?! Sometimes nostalgia goes too far.

• Love 3

There's no way that 30 year old 80s plaid couch would look so fresh and clean in that house now. Even with neat freak Danny. Also, I noticed they updated the kitchen, complete with a fancy Wolf range. Why would they leave those ugly plaid curtains?! Sometimes nostalgia goes too far.

Reupholstered at least once, probably not in the fictional universe of Full House though, but a prop master thing.

2qjg85k.jpg

503yxd.jpg

There were two sofas originally.

2cz4xsm.jpg

Then they got barrel chairs.

30wpdnd.png

A rare view of the fourth wall

501lx2.png

• Love 3
There is a staircase in the living room and a staircase in the kitchen.  Both lead to the upstairs.  But there seems to be only one stair case upstairs.  The downstairs staircases are too far apart for them to end up in the same place.

I always assumed the other staircase came out at the other end of the hall, that we never saw.  Wherever the camera was during hallway scenes.  I don't think that quite makes sense logistically, but we never did see the whole hallway.

• Love 2

I always assumed the other staircase came out at the other end of the hall, that we never saw. Wherever the camera was during hallway scenes. I don't think that quite makes sense logistically, but we never did see the whole hallway.

But they'd go down the same stairs and sometimes they'd come out up front and sometimes they'd come out in the kitchen. I always fanwanked that it split somewhere in the middle where we couldn't see. Yes, I realize that makes no logistical sense…

• Love 1

How many TV shows in the 80's had 2 sets of staircases, and how many actual homes are built that way? I always thought it was sooo cool to have the 2 staircases!

I had a friend with two staircases and I was so jealous. But her house was huge, it had lots of things to be jealous of.

I think they do it on TV shows so they can have people exit/entering from multiple directions. It makes it easier to stage the scenes or something.  Because yeah, all sitcoms would have staircases in the living room and in the kitchen.

• Love 1

The living room looks like it should take up the entire front half of the house

opo7z5.jpg

2qjg85k.jpg

The attic

2vi15j4.jpg

2w6cx9u.png

The twins attic bedroom

157in8.png

OR the shorter way to put this is that the house must be a TARDIS, like Doctor Who has.

Certain people won't get that reference, but I'm sure the rest of you are laughing too hard to care, right!!!

• Love 4

How many TV shows in the 80's had 2 sets of staircases, and how many actual homes are built that way? I always thought it was sooo cool to have the 2 staircases!

My grandparents house had 2 sets of stairs. One was in the front of the house, went from the main part of the house to the main hallway. The second set went from the back bedroom (formerly house-help room) to the kitchen. They were hidden by doors. I loved the "secret stairs" as a kid and was so bummed (at age 17) when my grandfather had them sealed off.

And yes, the Tanner house is totally a T.A.R.D.I.S.!

• Love 1

Especially homes with two staircases that looked like the one in Full House.  I know some older homes have them - the back staircase was for the servants, but they were usually hidden behind doors.  By today's "mansion" standards, these older homes are often not that big. 

Reupholstered at least once, probably not in the fictional universe of Full House though, but a prop master thing.

2qjg85k.jpg

There were two sofas originally.

2cz4xsm.jpg

Wow. The positioning of that window next to the staircase just totally does not match the actual front of the Full House. And do these homes even have attics in real life?

I was thinking that the target audience for this show would be the ones who were kids in the 80's, so it would make sense to have more adult themes.

I had always wondered about the two staircases. I just saw an original episode the other night when one of the kids ran up the back stairs then the camera showed them upstairs at the front staircase. My grandparents house had a front and rear staircase. Their house was built in the 1800's.

I think the staircase is just at the end of the upstairs hallway. One set of stairs on each side. It wraps around, so that's why they are facing the kitchen on the last 5 or so steps. Danny's room is in that hallway, we never see his door. So the stairs must be right by his room. 

I just saw an original episode the other night when one of the kids ran up the back stairs then the camera showed them upstairs at the front staircase.

This fits with my theory. That hallway is 10 steps at most. So they go up the kitchen steps, wrap around, walk through hallway with the bedrooms, end up at the balcony type area, and then down the main steps.

It was pretty shitty for DJ to kick Jackson out of his own room. Admittedly I've lost count of how many rooms that house has, but surely there's enough for all the kids to have their own rooms?

Jodie and Andrea still have great comedic timing. DJ is as usual the boring straight man. Kimmie grates, though. There's a reason sidekicks are sidekicks - too much of them and they start to wear on you.

All four kids are annoying. I'm beginning to appreciate the charm of the original three girls, or maybe it's because I haven't rewatched those episodes since childhood. All I can think of when I see the babies on the show is how they're being forced into it a la the Olsens. I don't blame them at all for skipping out on what was essentially a working childhood.

Yeah, DJ was always boring. Michelle was a brat, but more interesting than DJ. Stephanie was queen, obviously. I don't like the oldest son and the baby isn't really a person yet (and not cute like Michelle), but the middle kid is great!