Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Moving Day

I really think Jodi Sweetin is going to be who carries this show. The nostalgia and corniness are nice two episodes in,but I think she's adding a bit of edge and adultness that's going to be necessary once all the cute starts to wear thin.

• Love 10

I am glad they at least kind of touched on the Dad dying. Much like in the original recipe, the dead mom was rarely mentioned. I assume the dead dad wont be mentioned very much either. Kind of hard to laugh track about dead spouses/parents. Unless its time for a Very Special Episode. 

I will say, a couple of lines here and there made me laugh. Especially the line about how they used to hug it out in the 80s all the time. And the violins reference. Easy joke, but I giggled. 

• Love 1

Jodi Sweetin's people and wardrobe need to rethink her styling. (Because there's going to a second season right?)

She is a grown-ass woman with beautiful, large-ish breasts. Is the show afraid of her body? I'm 4 eps in and someone has decided they have to be hidden most of the time, buried behind scarf-y nonsense. And when they aren't hidden (dancing at the club in that silver sheath) the fit was terrible, they looked squashed and cantelopey. She is supposed to be a "wild child," right? Then don't be prudish. Allow her to have a bust.

I recognize that there's a long tradition where characters in the sitcom family have a limited amount of sexual energy while outsiders are allowed to be sexualized. (For example, her "sexy" friend at Coachella.) But If she is the "Uncle Jesse" crazy parent, let her have a few more ounces of sexual mojo, please.

And the hair! A strong bang is current and classic Jodi Sweetin. But everything else... Too blonde, too cool in tone, way too long, way too heavy, doesn't photograph well, always on the verge of collapsing. I'm guessing this is the actor's preference. Keeps her in her comfort zone. She can do a lot better.

Disney & Nickelodeon figured out how to style women past 30 in their family programming. This hasn't happened yet with Stephanie Tanner 2016.

Edited by Josiah Bounderby

Jodi Sweetin's people and wardrobe need to rethink her styling. (Because there's going to a second season right?)

She is a grown-ass woman with beautiful, large-ish breasts. Is the show afraid of her body? I'm 4 eps in and someone has decided they have to be hidden most of the time, buried behind scarf-y nonsense. And when they aren't hidden (dancing at the club in that silver sheath) the fit was terrible, they looked squashed and cantelopey. She is supposed to be a "wild child," right? Then don't be prudish. Allow her to have a bust.

She was practically topless in the pilot.
  • Love 1

Being annoying is a Gibbler trait. She clearly got that from her mom. HAHAHA!

Haha true, but it seems like the actress is trying too hard with her jilted, robotic hand movements.

It was pretty shitty for DJ to kick Jackson out of his own room. Admittedly I've lost count of how many rooms that house has, but surely there's enough for all the kids to have their own rooms?

Jodie and Andrea still have great comedic timing. DJ is as usual the boring straight man. Kimmie grates, though. There's a reason sidekicks are sidekicks - too much of them and they start to wear on you.

All four kids are annoying. I'm beginning to appreciate the charm of the original three girls, or maybe it's because I haven't rewatched those episodes since childhood. All I can think of when I see the babies on the show is how they're being forced into it a la the Olsens. I don't blame them at all for skipping out on what was essentially a working childhood.

• Love 5

Okay, I'll admit it. This was much better than Episode 1 (which was truly terrible).

Jodie and Andrea still have great comedic timing. DJ is as usual the boring straight man. Kimmie grates, though. There's a reason sidekicks are sidekicks - too much of them and they start to wear on you.

I think this was always going to be a weakness. The original show had three screwball characters (Kimmie, Stephanie and Joey), but it also had a legion of straight-men for them to play off of. Now it's only got a single straightperson to play off 2 screwballs (because the current kids aren't really in a proper situation to be straight-people to adult characters, whereas the adults could always be straight-men for the kids). Edited by Kromm

I despised OG FH yet watched it religiously. I expected the love/hate ratio on this thing to be much more even, but three episodes I'm actually really non-ironically enjoying this way more than I thought. It's edgier than it used to be and Jodie Sweetin is (as always) the MVP.

I do think the trio works, though - Steph is Jesse, D.J. is Danny and Kimmy is Joey. I don't think it's two screwballs so much as one hedonist and one idiot, just like the old days.

• Love 3

It's Stephanie's room.

Oh, thanks. For some reason I thought she was in her old solo room, aka Uncle Jesse's old room. I thought they even made a reference to her being in that room that once had all the pink bunnies but I must be confusing their reference.

There is 4 rooms upstairs, an attic room/rooms and the basement. Originally Danny and Jesse had a room upstairs while 2 of the 3 girls all shared a room until Jesse and Becky moved to the attic and joey had the basement. So I assume since Stephanie is in the basement and the gibblers are in the attic that gives 4 rooms to dj and 3 other kids. Unless mini gibbler takes a room downstairs

• Love 1

Flag on the play. Flag on the play. the Attic apartment had a huge nursery. So that tiny little closet thing - was never Nicky/Alex's bedroom. Meaning everyone could have easily had had their own room. I just did  rewatch (before the FH bothered me, it really hit me how much i was not a fan of OG FH) - 

Attic Apartment: (Jesse/Becky, Twins) = Kimmy and Ramona

Joey's Basement - Steph's Apartment
DJ's nee Michelle's Room - Tommy's Room
Jesse's Studio nee Bedroom, nee Stephanie's Room - Jackson's Room

Stephanie and Michelle Room nee DJ and Stephanie's room - Max's room
Danny's Bedroom - Dj's bedroom. 

had they not screwed up the nursery.... everyone could have been alone. but i guess they wanted to re-create the age apart sibling living together dynamic. 

• Love 10

I think Ramona is a brat and Jackson should have gotten to keep his room. He's been through a lot!

Kimmy is the weak spot to me.

I think Ramona is a brat and Jackson should have gotten to keep his room. He's been through a lot!

Kimmy is the weak spot to me.

Ramona isn't THAT bratty, considering she's half Gibbler.  She can't NOT be annoying.  #justsayin

• Love 1

Ramona isn't THAT bratty, considering she's half Gibbler.  She can't NOT be annoying.  #justsayin

She's almost a little too normal to be a Gibbler spawn. I imagined a Gibbler kid to be quirkier and wackier - think Luna Lovegood and her equally spacey father Xenophilius. But I guess in a sitcom you have to have separate, concrete personalities for the sake of comedy.

• Love 1

This was better than the pilot, that's for sure.

Steph and Jax are both bright spots for me. Steph because I've always enjoyed her character, and giving her an edge was the right thing to do. It gives the show a bit more of a maturity about it. And Jax? Surprisingly, the kid grew on me more than Max. Tommy's not as cute as baby Michelle, I hate to say it. Although MK and Ashley were many things over the years, them as kids worked really well. They really gelled well with the other actors. Tommy is cute, but that's about it. 

It sucks that Jax had to be kicked out of his room. Not everything has to be a direct parallel of the original, DJ! Sure, it'll probably work out, but I feel bad for the kid. Ramona is not great, but I don't think she's awful either. 

So, Jesse showed up sooner that I thought. I thought they might have given it a few episodes before bringing any of the adult characters back. 

Better episode, though. Really enjoyed it a lot more, but the screaming when the originals show up (Jesse, for example) has got to stop. We get it, show. They're special guests.

Flag on the play. Flag on the play. the Attic apartment had a huge nursery. So that tiny little closet thing - was never Nicky/Alex's bedroom. Meaning everyone could have easily had had their own room. I just did  rewatch (before the FH bothered me, it really hit me how much i was not a fan of OG FH) - 

They also could have let the boys have their own rooms if DJ had kept the baby in her room like she was shown to have in the pilot. At that point Danny's room was empty.  But if Nicky and Alex both fit in their, Ramona should have.  

I feel like Stephanie and Kimmy are realistic versions of their childhood selves, but DJ seems more like Candace Cameron's real life persona than an adult DJ. I know people change, but DJ was never really uptight.

Of the kids, I think the older boy is most interesting. The younger one is cute, but it seems like they are trying to hard to make him weird.  I haven't seen enouh of Ramona to decide yet. I do like having a non-related kid in the mix though. It adds to the dynamic. The baby is cute enough.

• Love 2

She's almost a little too normal to be a Gibbler spawn. I imagined a Gibbler kid to be quirkier and wackier - think Luna Lovegood and her equally spacey father Xenophilius. But I guess in a sitcom you have to have separate, concrete personalities for the sake of comedy.

In the first episode I got hints that they maybe intentionally were shooting for Ramona being her mother's keeper somewhat. That device we see occasionally where the kid is the adult in the relationship because the parent or parents are space cadets.

I think that could have been the original plan and they backed off of it by the time they fleshed out the second script.

I always thought of DJ as being somewhat uptight so I can buy this is how she'd turn out as an adult.

I thought it was weird they couldn't just clean all the junk out of the tiny room? It could've worked even if it was small. Or just add a bed to the main room of the attic...

Stephanie, Max and Jackson are going to be what makes or breaks this show for me. Ramona is annoying and not in a good way like Kimmy Gibler was annoying. There is a little too much "spiteful" in her for a "family" nostalgia tour.

Not sure how I feel about Jackson but so far he is working for me. The show does seem a touch darker then the original but just a touch.

it always bothers me when no one tells the kids anything. DJ just sprung the "You're moving" on them and these other people are moving in. It didn't make sense to kick Jackson out of his room. Plus not considering that Jackson didn't like like Ramona - she not only moved in with them, they gave her his room. It was a terrible deal for Jackson. 

I never liked Kimmy. I think whenever she showed up in an episode, the show hit a low point. They have toned her down a little now. 

• Love 2

Ramona is a work in progress. I like the performer a lot but the show hasn't handled the character consistently.

I think they're going to settle on Ramona as anchor of normalcy...her Mom is nutty, her Dad is super nutty, the house is chaotic, and she's reasonable.

Edited by Josiah Bounderby
  • Love 1

The basement wasn't really a basement, it was a garage they converted into Joey's room.

I do agree Nicky and Alex had a big room in the attic on the left side of the living space. Not that tiny corner on the right side, that was probably a closet. Jackson should have been able to keep his room and put Ramona in the big nursery upstairs. I hated Jackson being blindsided Ramona was moving in and then losing his bedroom. Finding out he was losing his room by all his stuff being in the hallway. It wasn't funny. 

• Love 2

I may need to move this, but a video tour of one of the houses (possibly a literal neighbor to the real "Full House") popped up in my Facebook feed recently. It reinforced how unrealistic the set truly was.

http://www.mode.com/home-garden/places/an-exclusive-peek-inside-one-of-san-franciscos-famous-painted-lad/01250103?story=8662834%2Fhaute-havens-tour-these-chic-and-stylish-homes

And if someone had actually gutted a lovely piece of history and replaced it with a 90s-sunny version seen on this show, well, that would be sad.

Edited by RealityCowgirl

it always bothers me when no one tells the kids anything. DJ just sprung the "You're moving" on them and these other people are moving in. It didn't make sense to kick Jackson out of his room. Plus not considering that Jackson didn't like like Ramona - she not only moved in with them, they gave her his room. It was a terrible deal for Jackson.

I never liked Kimmy. I think whenever she showed up in an episode, the show hit a low point. They have toned her down a little now.

I never got the impression that Jackson truly disliked Ramona but it was more typical child being over dramatic stemming from that reference to his 6th birthday and that he knows she's not that bad but he'd never say that just yet

I may need to move this, but a video tour of one of the houses (possibly a literal neighbor to the real "Full House") popped up in my Facebook feed recently. It reinforced how unrealistic the set truly was.

http://www.mode.com/home-garden/places/an-exclusive-peek-inside-one-of-san-franciscos-famous-painted-lad/01250103?story=8662834%2Fhaute-havens-tour-these-chic-and-stylish-homes

And if someone had actually gutted a lovely piece of history and replaced it with a 90s-sunny version seen on this show, well, that would be sad.

The Full(er) House house always looked to be about 4 metres wide from the outside. Edited by Kokapetl

That video is of one of the "painted ladies" in San Francisco, and was in the original opening credits. But the house they are supposed to live in with the red door (that we saw coming out of commercial breaks) is located somewhere else. The set is probably still way bigger than could actually fit in the house they show though. That house doesn't even have an attic for that apartment to fit in.

• Love 1

It bothers me that they changed the layout of the attic for the sake of the storyline. Nicky and Alex had a larger nursery on the left side of the attic. Rebecca and Jesse's Murphy bed was against the wall where the new door to the nursery is. There was a lot of space up there. Who are they fooling?

...but I also noticed that the main staircase is taller and has approximately two extra stairs, so...

• Love 3

It bothers me that they changed the layout of the attic for the sake of the storyline. Nicky and Alex had a larger nursery on the left side of the attic. Rebecca and Jesse's Murphy bed was against the wall where the new door to the nursery is. There was a lot of space up there. Who are they fooling?

That's really annoying me too. Two adults and two toddlers could live in there just swell but one adult and one kid now cannot? Ok...

• Love 2

Tommy's not as cute as baby Michelle, I hate to say it. 

Really? I thought that the Olsens were, uh, rather homely as babies, to say the least. IA though that they seemed to work really well with the other actors, while Tommy is just there.

• Love 4

I think DJ and Stephanie's old room looks smaller too. The baby's crib almost touched the end of the bed, but there was plenty of room between the beds back in the day. They got the layout right, but it's smaller.

But, since it is supposed to be the biggest room, I don't understand why Ramona got it to herself instead of the boys sharing that one.

• Love 1

I think DJ and Stephanie's old room looks smaller too. The baby's crib almost touched the end of the bed, but there was plenty of room between the beds back in the day. They got the layout right, but it's smaller.

But, since it is supposed to be the biggest room, I don't understand why Ramona got it to herself instead of the boys sharing that one.

It looks a lot bigger here than it did on the original. And the boys room looks smaller than when it was DJ and Stephanie's.  Which is weird, because I also can't understand why the two people sharing wouldn't get the biggest room. Other than drawing parallels, I guess.

I've only seen the first 2 episodes, so maybe once Ramona gets her stuff unpacked I'll see how it's bigger. The first one where DJ was crying with the baby, even my 13 year old son said, that room looks way smaller now. I told him houses always look smaller than how you remember them from your childhood, and maybe that's why it's smaller. He told me he just watched Full House yesterday so that couldn't be right. ;)

• Love 1

...but I also noticed that the main staircase is taller and has approximately two extra stairs, so...

I wouldn't let this bother you, because if that bothers you then the fact that for years they showed us the inside of a house that couldn't possibly have come even CLOSE to fitting into the outside would then have to bother you even worse. I mean changing the layout of a house that's already impossible? Inconsistent, sure, but it was already all impossible anyway either way.

There is a staircase in the living room and a staircase in the kitchen.  Both lead to the upstairs.  But there seems to be only one stair case upstairs.  The downstairs staircases are too far apart for them to end up in the same place.  

It was pretty shitty for DJ to kick Jackson out of his own room. Admittedly I've lost count of how many rooms that house has, but surely there's enough for all the kids to have their own rooms?

Sometimes, I try to get myself to stop thinking about all the stuff that keeps me awake by trying to remember who slept where during the course of the original Full House.  Joey started off in an alcove, Jesse had Stephanie's room, etc...usually my tired brain would eventually give up and I would fall asleep.  This episode got me thinking about it all over again.

There is 4 rooms upstairs, an attic room/rooms and the basement. Originally Danny and Jesse had a room upstairs while 2 of the 3 girls all shared a room until Jesse and Becky moved to the attic and joey had the basement. So I assume since Stephanie is in the basement and the gibblers are in the attic that gives 4 rooms to dj and 3 other kids. Unless mini gibbler takes a room downstairs

Attic Apartment: (Jesse/Becky, Twins) = Kimmy and Ramona

Joey's Basement - Steph's Apartment
DJ's nee Michelle's Room - Tommy's Room
Jesse's Studio nee Bedroom, nee Stephanie's Room - Jackson's Room

Stephanie and Michelle Room nee DJ and Stephanie's room - Max's room
Danny's Bedroom - Dj's bedroom. 

Thanks.  But now what do I think about when I can't sleep?

• Love 1