Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Seinfeld Moments

Kromm

Clip away!

Actually rather than start with one of my faves, lets start with one of Jason Alexander's (here's him TALKING about it rather than the actual show clip).

• Love 2

One moment was regarding Elaine on vacation in Europe with Puddy.

"Oh, he's coming home in a body bag."

And when Elaine was on the plane there was some hilarious reference to the person sitting next to her who she called, "Vegetable lasagna." hee

I don't know if it was always scripted or something JLD came up with during rehearsals, but Elaine blowing on her glasses in the middle of her sentence makes the scene for me.

• Love 5

Another favorite that really highlighted Julia's comic acting ability was the whole birthday gifts scene from the one where they were a couple again after agreeing to some "rules".  Two moments in particular: where she opens Jerry's gift and sees it's cash, and where she holds up the touching card that Kramer gave her and puts it on the counter.  Both were silent moments where she managed to get laughs just with expression and body language (and you had NO doubts what she was thinking in each case).

• Love 1

Pretty sure it was a faux home movie (like those wonderful fake home movies shown in Mash that Henry Blake's wife would send him).  Poor George.  He has such an awful childhood only to grow up and have to endure Festivus!

I agree with you guys that the video tells us pretty much everything we need to know about George. 

In my family it's not uncommon to hear someone screaming "STOP IT YOU'RE KILLING HIM!" in an Estelle voice.

• Love 2

I just saw Mr. Bookman the library cop again last night. That scene in Jerry's apartment where Bookman educates Jerry about the importance of Folgers crystals and then expounds on his passion for library policing has to be one of my top three Seinfeld scenes. "I got a flash for you, joy boy." 

• Love 1

I loved the entire "backwards" episode. My favorite scene is when Elaine is drunk in Jerry's room, and tells Jerry that she told George Jerry slept with Nina. "He schnapped me!" JLD's delivery on that line is golden.

"We had a funny guy with us in Korea. Tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific. There's nothing funny about that."

Followed by Jerry and George slowly taking sips of their drinks in unison. Their reactions really took the scene to the next level.

• Love 4
(edited)

And then, Jerry decided to get up and find a phone.  Loved it when George desperately grabbed him, not wanting to be left alone with Elaine's father.  That scene in the lobby is one of my favorites. 

Edited by annzeepark914

The whole scene in Bizzaro Jerry's apartment.

Jerry accuse the dermatologist of being a pimple popper and afterwards, a guy walks up to thank her for saving him of skin cancer. The way Jerry then says "skin cancer" cracks me up.

George does the opposite. I especially love "Hi. I'm Victoria" and also when the movie theater applauds him for yelling at the jerks.

• Love 3
(edited)

Disease and illness was always hilarious on the show.  Bubble Boy, Jerry trying his act for a friend in the hospital, George's heart attack, George going to the fortune teller and getting paranoid.  "Lupus!!  Is it lupus?!?"  And the "white spot" in The Pilot episodes, Kramer and Mickey having pretend illnesses for doctors in training (one of who was Daniel Dae Kim) and getting gonorrhea from a tractor. Frank's proctologist "The Assman."  And...of course...Dr. Victor Raider Wexler.

George does the opposite. I especially love "Hi. I'm Victoria" and also when the movie theater applauds him for yelling at the jerks.

Tidbit:  Victoria was played by Michelle Pfeiffer's sister, Deedee.

Edited by Soopertater

Had a Seinfeld moment today. I saw some major cleavage. MAJOR. My brunch companion, a woman, had to look down at her plate, and started to say "... there's a woman over there, she's showing off the girls."  I said "Am I not a hot blooded American man?  Am I not alive? I saw it, acknowledged, and looked away." 

• LOL 1

I love the scene where Kramer and Micky have a double date with two women they've never met before, and fight about who gets to sit next to whom.

And I second the nomination of the library cop episode. I love Mr. Bookman's rant, and I especially love the fact that Jerry can't keep a straight face during it.

Frank Costanza explaining bra sizes to George, and getting ketchup on Estelle's bra in the process. And, of course, Frank and Kramer trying out the "bro."

Edited by TomGirl

In "The Comeback" when George is in Jerry's apartment vehemently expressing he's using the Jerkstore comeback to his coworker, arm motions and all.

In "The Limo" when Jerry and George are talking about how to get out of the limo and George says to jump out, Jerry says who are we, Mannix?

In "The Chicken Roaster" after Jerry and Kramer switch apartments, the scene where Jerry tells Kramer he's afraid the the dummy is going to kill him during the night. Then the later scene where Jerry is acting like Kramer.

• Love 2

I nominated this one for the King of the Mountain thing a few days back, so it may eventually show up there (they're probably hugely backlogged by now, and just had a Seinfeld one up there so it may be awhile).  But I do love this segment.  Not just for the song, not just for how low and scheming it shows George as, but for the LOOK on George's face at the "where could I be" part.

• Love 6

In "The Limo" when Jerry and George are talking about how to get out of the limo and George says to jump out, Jerry says who are we, Mannix?

In "The Chicken Roaster" after Jerry and Kramer switch apartments, the scene where Jerry tells Kramer he's afraid the the dummy is going to kill him during the night. Then the later scene where Jerry is acting like Kramer.

I think I love Kramer assuming Jerry's personality even more than I do Jerry assuming Kramer's!

Thanks for reminding me of the Mannix line!

• Love 1

Heh.

That episode DOES get dated by the Kenny Rogers Roasters.  Those used to be all over the US, and now they're all gone other than a single location in California, and a string of locations in Asia.

Hmmm...ok.  I was hoping to find a thread that would invite "Favorite Episodes"...did I miss it somehow?  Anyway, my favorite episode was on tonight: Season 3 Episode 2: The Truth.  In a way, it's two wonderful stories in one.  George worked up the courage to tell his girlfriend (Valerie Mahaffy--great actor!) that "it's not you, it's me" and included the chopsticks in her hair and her precocious pronunciation of papier mache, etc, that drove him crazy.  Then, the icing on the cake for me is Kramer dating Elaine's roommate, complete with tribal music that they cavort to around Elaine's apartment.  I think I could happily watch this once a week.

• Love 2

Hmmm...ok.  I was hoping to find a thread that would invite "Favorite Episodes"...did I miss it somehow?  

You're allowed to make topics if you don't find something and want it (if its on-topic for the forum).

• Love 2

In "The Cadillac" when Kramer puts the cable guy (disguising himself as the phone guy) on hold and plays the new age music.

Not sure of the episode, but I love the "Tommy Tune is a very good dancer" conversation between George and his parents.

The look on Elaine's face in The Fatigues when Eddie Sherman reads his first catalog entry: "It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife..."

• Love 1

I was lucky enough to attend the taping of The Fatigues.  So damn funny, so good. Plus, it has the "12 minute bit about Ovaltine."

Nice!  To this day, I still say "Roundtine" :)

• Love 1

"Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!"  I've got this running through my head now after watching the episode w/ Izzy Mandelbaum, his son, and his father in the hospital beds.  "So you think you're better than us?"  Love the Mandelbaums.

The Fatigues was on tonight!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife, the only friend who hasn't betrayed you. The only friend who won't be dead by sun-up. Sleep tight mates, in your quilted chambray nightshirts.

• Love 1

From "The Label Maker" episode:

"I don't trust this guy. I think he re-gifted, then he de-gifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp."

And I saw Jerry's standup show back in 2014.....The guy who played "The Doorman" was his opening act......

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dstranger99 said:

And I saw Jerry's standup show back in 2014.....The guy who played "The Doorman" was his opening act......

Larry Miller! I don't even have to look him up. 

Larry Miller earned a permanent spot in my memory many years ago, with his stand-up bit on the five stages of getting drunk.

As much as I like him, though, the doorman story line isn't among my favorites. 

• Love 1