Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Our Very First Show, Again

After all of the talk about Danny's wife, and given that the "character" was on screen for literally seconds, why bother hiring a "name" actor?

Or maybe we're finding out how low Eva LaRue's career has fallen while some of us weren't looking.

Just seemed odd.

• Love 2

After all of the talk about Danny's wife, and given that the "character" was on screen for literally seconds, why bother hiring a "name" actor?

Or maybe we're finding out how low Eva LaRue's career has fallen while some of us weren't looking.

Just seemed odd.

You have to wonder, at least with Joey they mentioned in passing and we see the wedding band, but they don't live in SF they live in Vegas and Joey visits SF and LA do to stand up gigs. With Danny it just seemed like they wanted to say: "See, Danny got remarried, isn't that cool?" Then why not use her the rest of the time? I have only seen the first three episodes, but it felt like a weird move to cast Eva and never saw her again and just one quick mentioned according to sides.

• Love 1

Just seemed odd.

Or it is possible she is putting in her chips now and hoping for a season 2 and that down the road she will get more to do. Season 1s tend to be more insular and focus on the core characters. Future seasons may expand to Danny bring his wife home to visit the family for old fashion hijinks.

• Love 1

Or it is possible she is putting in her chips now and hoping for a season 2 and that down the road she will get more to do. Season 1s tend to be more insular and focus on the core characters. Future seasons may expand to Danny bring his wife home to visit the family for old fashion hijinks.

How very true and even bringing in Joey's supposed wife and family he has back in Vegas. Yet, they cut out the lines in the final script of the pilot, but have him keep his wedding band to show that he has a life elsewhere. That does happen with a lot of shows both regular TV and streaming where they introduce them and then they don't really get to them until another season or so. Especially when Netflix series have 13 episodes instead of a traditional 20 or 24. Its more like a mid season show, but you can watch all at once instead of waiting weekly. 

I choose to believe that Joey's wife and family, as well as his gig in Vegas, are all just figments of his imagination and he's only visiting because Danny checked him out for the day from the hospital where he's been institutionalized since the early 2000s.

• Love 14

I can see why they'd be perturbed, It is kind of lame considering there are TWO of them and only one was needed to play the part.  I know one of them was busy with her latest fashion design whatever, but the other one's excuse was that she wasn't comfortable acting anymore since she hadn't done it since she was 17.  Well, neither of you could ever act in the first place and it's just a cheesy sitcom, give me a break.  I'm sure they could have just written Michelle in as a cameo for a couple of episodes if she didn't want to have to commit to a full season.  Sounds to me like someone just can't be bothered to pay some respects to a silly little show that helped launch her and her sister to billionaire-hood.  (For the life of me I'll never figure that one out)

No, both Olsen sisters run their fashion empire.  They're incredibly respected in the fashion world.  I can't tell if this entire post was meant to be a joke, but I'm just taken aback.  I'm a huge fan of the Olsen sisters who have created incredible careers for themselves.  When this show began they were babies who had zero choice in being part of the show.  Who knows what kind of complicated feelings they have towards Full House and the producers/actors involved with it.  I agree that (while I am a fan of John Stamos on Grandfathered) he did not present himself well in his response to them not joining in.  Fame and money aren't everything.  Some might argue a childhood is more important or beneficial.  Who knows?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Row_(fashion_label)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Yes, both Olsens consider themselves businesswomen and fashion enterpreneurs instead of actors and they both said they didn't feel comfortable being in front of the cameras anymore. Even so, Mary Kate, I think, said she considered it anyway but the timing just didn't work. (She had also just gotten married to that creepy-looking old guy whose brother used to be the president of France.)

I respect their decision, and you have to look at things from their perspective. Being actresses was never their choice. They were dropped into that world as babies and parlayed their Full House fame into other kiddie shows and movies -- none of which was ever their own idea. Since they made their last onscreen acting appearance in, what was it, New York Minute in 2004, they focused their lives on the world of fashion and for the first time they were in charge of their own destinies. They were making their own decisions and doing something they wanted, because they wanted to, and not because their parents got them into something when they were too young to know what was even going on and just kept at it because it was the only life they knew. In a way, I'm proud of them for walking away. Could have been worse. We all know the other side of child stars.

But at the same time, I kind of wish at least one of them would be open to making a quick, two-minute cameo. It just doesn't feel right when the ONE character isn't there, literally the only one. Like, say my friends and family are planning this big get-together. I don't want to go. I have better things to do and I don't really care for whatever it is they're planning for the event anyway. Besides, I'm an adult and I don't have to go if I don't want to. However, if they really, really wanted me to come and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE else is going and I would literally be the only one not there and it would throw the whole thing off if I weren't there, I'll bite the bullet and go anyway, even just for a little while, because I don't want to be the bad sport who doesn't show up...

• Love 2

But at the same time, I kind of wish at least one of them would be open to making a quick, two-minute cameo. It just doesn't feel right when the ONE character isn't there, literally the only one. Like, say my friends and family are planning this big get-together. I don't want to go. I have better things to do and I don't really care for whatever it is they're planning for the event anyway. Besides, I'm an adult and I don't have to go if I don't want to. However, if they really, really wanted me to come and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE else is going and I would literally be the only one not there and it would throw the whole thing off if I weren't there, I'll bite the bullet and go anyway, even just for a little while, because I don't want to be the bad sport who doesn't show up...

That's how I feel. I totally respect their decision to leave acting and I'm glad for them that they are doing so well and functioning adults and all the child acting didn't ruin them (I'm looking at you, Lindsey Lohan), but I thought it would have been very kind and considerate of them to give the show a 2 minute cameo. I don't know anything about their fashion lines or if one could say if their lines would have been as successful as they are without the name recognition they have, from being launched as child actors from Full House. So I wouldn't say that they "owe" Full House anything for their current level of success (although it's likely that the name recognition helped significantly over Jane Missouri who would love to design clothes but hasn't been able to break into the field), but again, it would have been kind and considerate to give them a 2 minute cameo, a half day of her time, and then moved on.

No, both Olsen sisters run their fashion empire.  They're incredibly respected in the fashion world.  I can't tell if this entire post was meant to be a joke, but I'm just taken aback.  I'm a huge fan of the Olsen sisters who have created incredible careers for themselves. 

I'm not sure how my post could be taken for a joke.  The careers they made for themselves were built on top of the tens of millions that they were privileged to get as a result of parents/managers who got them on Full House, put them in all those direct-to-video movies, and marketed all those products with their names on them.  They received advantages that put them in the 1/1000th of 1 percent of kids in this country.  Sure, I get that they left the acting world and have their careers, just saying that between the two of them, one could schedule time to make a couple of appearances out of respect for the show without which they wouldn't be these super rich fashion moguls today.  Maybe next season if there is one.

• Love 1
That's how I feel. I totally respect their decision to leave acting and I'm glad for them that they are doing so well and functioning adults and all the child acting didn't ruin them (I'm looking at you, Lindsey Lohan), but I thought it would have been very kind and considerate of them to give the show a 2 minute cameo. I don't know anything about their fashion lines or if one could say if their lines would have been as successful as they are without the name recognition they have, from being launched as child actors from Full House. So I wouldn't say that they "owe" Full House anything for their current level of success (although it's likely that the name recognition helped significantly over Jane Missouri who would love to design clothes but hasn't been able to break into the field), but again, it would have been kind and considerate to give them a 2 minute cameo, a half day of her time, and then moved on.

Exactly. Like you said, they don't "owe" Full House anything -- I mean, let's be honest, they do, but at some point you have to cut the cord -- but it would have been a nice gesture to just, I don't know, do them a favor. They just seem like party poopers. I know that's not fair, but again, when you're literally the only one...

Edited by Chicken Wing

Well, now that the show has gotten renewed, I would like if the Olsen twins decided to rethink their decision to not participate. I fully support their decision to not want to pursue acting anymore but a quick cameo would more than satisfy the audience. It would most likely take no more than a day to film and then they can satisfy everyone. I wouldn't even demand another appearance, because just seeing Michelle as a grown up would be so much fun. Hell, even if she just did a VOICE cameo would be fine for me (although I'm sure it wouldn't be fine for others). But I guess we'll see.

And thinking about the Olsen twins call-out in this particular episode, it actually bothers me. The show/writers/producers basically are using the show to judge their choice in not choosing to come back, or whatever. I actually think that's the absolute wrong attitude to take and I dislike it a little more that they chose to do the breaking of the fourth wall to basically imply that they're bad people to not come back and how dare they be the only ones to not join Fuller House in a guest appearance. And I absolutely think this was the intention. The almost full minute of it too just became incredibly uncomfortable. So it's not just the Olsen twins that made a wrong choice here, it was John Stamos and whoever else was involved in this as well for choosing to be poor sports. If they felt like they had to do a call out meta reference, they should have done it with more class. And what I mean by that is not staring at the camera with judgemental/annoyed looks. It just wasn't funny like they intended. 

• Love 1

Honestly, I get why they don't want to come back. There are rumors of how incredibly fucked up they got while doing the show and the million videos they did (someone theorized that somebody gave them pills to stunt their growth- look at Elizabeth, and look at them, and wonder why she looks normal while the other two have a stunted look to them similar to Judy Garland), and it took them awhile to recover from it.

I mean, if it's really a big deal, they can always recast. The only Brady Bunch reunion that featured all original cast members was The Brady Brides- before and after there would always be at least one recast.

• Love 2

I mean, if it's really a big deal, they can always recast. The only Brady Bunch reunion that featured all original cast members was The Brady Brides- before and after there would always be at least one recast.

I'd personally rather not have Michelle in the episode as opposed to recasting it (A Very Brady Christmas just doesn't seem right without the original Cindy). I don't think Michelle would add anything to the show (unless DJ or Steph get married at some point, then it'll be weird not to have her there). I think it was a nice nod to the twins that they stated she had a fashion empire in NYC (didn't like the long stare into the camera they did afterwards).

I wasn't really a Michelle Fan when it was on , and I'd rather jsut watch the show be about DJ and Stephanie. I could even do without Kimmy moving in considering I don't feel like that Kimmy is helping much with the kids. Especially since she has her own daughter to take care of . And I'm pretty sure for minor things - Jackson is old enough to watch is brother's for a couple of hours if needed.

• Love 1

In my opinion, it would have been nice for a grown up Michelle to make an appearance, but only if it was one of the Olsens, not a stand in.  I don't think I would have wanted the Michelle character to be one the show much - I think a re-tread of Full House is great, but a re-tread of The Michelle Show, no thanks.  

Just imagine what a grown up version of Michele would be like.... Would she still be doing something wrong and then say something cute to make up for it?  Would she act cutesy all the time? Would someone ask her to pick up the baby and she would give a thumbs up and say "You got it, dude!"? Would she be bossing everyone around?  

I can't see how a grown-up Michelle would add anything positive to the show.  

I could see grown-up Michelle being cynical, which could be pretty funny if done right (which... this show...).  The best thing would be if she grew up to be someone who hated kids.

• Love 2

One thing I was impressed by was Jodie Sweetin. Probably because Stephanie felt the most like an actual person not a caricature of one like the rest of them especially the kids. She also seemed to be adding the most adult tone to the show (not just with her breasts) with her dialogue and the way she acts.  She's probably the most interesting character on this reboot.  

Stephanie was the most interesting back then too, she was always my favourite! The credits made me cry, wow nostalgia.

• Love 1