Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Our Very First Show, Again

I don't know if I'll be able to get used to the laugh track, but the show is so cheesy yet so sweet that I'm going to try to get past my annoyance. There was a lot forced into this first episode, with all the nostalgia and I know it's because they wanted to utilize the actors right off before they 'passed' the show on to the girls, so to speak. This pilot seemed really forced and really weirdly written, for sure, because they had to cram a lot in in just over half an hour. I'm hoping the rest of the episodes are better.

That being said, it's still a sweet nostalgic show. The kids were cute, and I think seeing grown up Steph, DJ and Kimmy is fun. Plus, the direct address with why Michelle won't be around (part of me wishes that they could have gotten a quick cameo, but it's understandable why not. Or they could have really just recasted and the viewers would have been fine) was surprisingly hilarious. The twins grew up to be cute, but their acting skills are clearly not there. That's fine, as they aren't actually actors anymore. And I LOVED the split screen, and just the direct scenes taken from Full House. That was a neat thing to do, and I smiled at many of the other more subtle references. Also, Steve! He was a good, bright spot! I really liked what they did with him. I am going to guess that DJ and Steve might still be endgame. It would be nice if they weren't, but I was also a huge fan of them so we'll see.

Overall, the pilot was kind of weak, but had its redeeming moments, so we'll see. 

• Love 1

I was a huge fan of the original as a kid, and will still watch the reruns. But this was almost too cheesy to take. But I will admit that by the end I was kind of enjoying it.

IMDB tells me

no.

I thought she was such a random addition. She's kind of a name - especially in this sea of has-beens - so I'm The entire story about who lived where and when since the finale confused me. Danny and his wife still lived in the full house? Had Joey moved out during that time? Did DJ move back in after her husband died? Where did Jesse and Becky and the twins go?

It sounded like Jesse/Becky had moved out awhile ago and it was just Danny and his wife in the house. Then DJ and her kids moved in after her husband died. I don't know why Danny hadn't started packing anything if he was moving to LA though. Or why he wouldn't have taken any furniture.

IMDB tells me

no.

I thought she was such a random addition. She's kind of a name - especially in this sea of has-beens - so I'm surprised she was given so little to do. Maybe she was a fan back then.

The entire story about who lived where and when since the finale confused me. Danny and his wife still lived in the full house? Had Joey moved out during that time? Did DJ move back in after her husband died? Where did Jesse and Becky and the twins go?

Danny and his wife were the ones that actually lived in the house.  DJ and her boys moved in a few months ago after her husband died.  Joey was only their visiting to see everyone off, he lives in Vegas.  Jesse and Becky just moved in the last couple of weeks/days since they were all moving to LA.  I'm assuming they sold/left their house or apartment in preparation for the move.  I believe the twins live on campus since they weren't moving to LA and are still in college. 

The only one I was confused about was Kimmie.  She obviously doesn't live next door anymore, but not sure how far away she lives.  DJ's son mentioned that he only has to see Ramona once a year, so I'm assuming that Kimmie and DJ don't live in the same city? 

One change I did notice is that they changed Kimmie's soon to be ex-husband to Latin, when they originally announced the show he was Black. 

• Love 2

I think Danny's wife was supposed to be black. Kimmy's ex was always Latin. 

The description I read when the show was announced was that Kimmie's daughter was biracial, half  black and half white.  To me that translated to the father and the ex being the same person and Black.  Not that I necessarily mind that they changed it to Latin.  Just curious how the change happened.

I remember distinctly watching the first episode in 1987. I was in 7th grade. From what I remember, John Stamos had a few failed pilots before this and I remember being happy it was actually funny. This episode had its moments. I laughed and some parts and cringed a bit at others.

Edited by Laurie4H
  • Love 1

The description I read when the show was announced was that Kimmie's daughter was biracial, half  black and half white.  To me that translated to the father and the ex being the same person and Black.  Not that I necessarily mind that they changed it to Latin.  Just curious how the change happened.

Perhaps the simplest explanation might be it--she might have been the best actress they saw on the casting (one which admittedly was probably limited to certain types, and this type must have been among those).
  • Love 2

Yeah I thought of that, but if the actress was auditioning for a biracial (black and white) teen and they loved her, why change it to Latin?  If they were doing a random casting call maybe but I doubt it.  I'm assuming this came through an agency and casting saw her headshot.  My guess is that they changed it before seeing Soni.  Regardless, not that big of a deal for me, I was just surprised to see it changed.

Yeah I thought of that, but if the actress was auditioning for a biracial (black and white) teen and they loved her, why change it to Latin?  If they were doing a random casting call maybe but I doubt it.  I'm assuming this came through an agency and casting saw her headshot.  My guess is that they changed it before seeing Soni.  Regardless, not that big of a deal for me, I was just surprised to see it changed.

I'm not suggesting that she came in for a half-black/half-white role. I'm saying that the casting instructions perhaps already included the possibility of half something else (half-Latino, half-Asian, etc.). I mean clearly at a very early state it was just for half-black/half-white (because I think that's been reported), but that doesn't mean it wasn't opened up before the actual casting happened, and perhaps not for any specific reason other than "we don't want a white kid, but she has to look like she also came from Andrea".

And then the kid they cast led to the exes casting.

Or... the one other possibility is that they changed it because they cast the ex-husband first. Someone came across the actor and thought he was so funny that it had a knock on effect with the kid's casting.

Actually there is one other aspect I noticed. Her features actually DO look somewhat similar to Andrea's if you work around skin tone--I mean more than in the vague way that she might theoretically be half-and-half. So I suppose that could have been it too--whether or not the call was opened up to half-anything, they perhaps in part chose this girl because someone looked at her and saw a bit of Andrea Barber.

Edited by Kromm

IIRC the role of Danny's wife was originally supposed to be black and was supposed to be some sort of comic character who can't get enough of him. There were only hints of that in the pilot. I do hope they bring Eva LaRue back for more since they threw her in there.

• Love 1

Yep, I assume Soni was cast because she looks a lot like Andrea and thus Kimmy.

Workably similar noses (which is a big thing), also the mouth, chin and general head and face shape.

TPDbQ5d.jpg

Clearly the eyebrows, eye color, skin color, etc. are supposedly from the father (although of course they can fudge quite a bit with stuff like eyebrows that people don't really look at that closely).

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

I caved and watched the first episode.  I didn't even know what format they were going to do, for all I knew it was going to be a location-shot dramedy.  So it's just the same old sitcom formula with an audience/laugh track, that's fine.  I can't get over how good everyone looks.  Lori Loughlin, wow.  Someone sure found the fountain of youth.  Jodie Sweetin sure grew up hot.  I remember the stories about her drug addiction, hopefully that's all behind her.  Gibbler cracked me up the most though, she's still Gibbler.  Like not a day has passed since 1994.  What's with Bob Saget's voice though?  It sounds like he swallowed some helium.  I thought the fourth wall bit they did on "where's Michelle" was pretty funny.  And they recycled some of the old comic tropes from the original show to good effect.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4

I thought the fourth wall bit they did on "where's Michelle" was pretty funny.

Ack. Can't say I was as happy about that. It felt so heavy handed (and kind of spiteful).

Really if this first episode had truly been representative of the whole 13 I would have been pretty upset. Thankfully (to me at least) it wasn't.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

I really enjoyed the opening episode. I grew up watching this show. When I was a kid, Stephanie and Kimmie Gibbler were my favorite characters. Mostly because they were rule breakers. They are still awesome in the reboot. Stephanie's wardrobe was distracting in the pilot, though. Can't she just get a mullet, a la Uncle Jesse?

• Love 2

Ok I caved and watch the first episode and......better then I expected. I watched the original so I was curious how the show would work everything. This is nothing more then a sweet nostalgic show and if looked at like that I think I might enjoy it. It is good to see the actors again. Damn Stamos hasn't aged a day has he? Loughlin looks awesome too. Did they make deals with the devil or something to look that young forever? Because damn!

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Ack. Can't say I was as happy about that. It felt so heavy handed (and kind of spiteful).

Really if this first episode had truly been representative of the whole 13 I would have been pretty upset. Thankfully (to me at least) it wasn't.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm pretty defensive of the Olsens (even though Michelle was the devil's spawn) and it came off as petty, but only because Jeff Franklin and John Stamos lowkey shamed them for not coming back in the media. If they didn't come off as so obviously bitter I'd have thought the fourth wall gag was funnier. The gag was Stamos' idea, too.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 3
Stephanie's wardrobe was distracting in the pilot, though.

That was a lot of cleavage for what was supposed to be a family party, wasn't it? 

I will say this: Fuller House is not a great show, but I enjoyed the episode.  Aside from Steph's giant boobs and her towering over DJ, the episode was exactly what I expected.  I honestly have no idea who this show is actually meant for.  It reminds me a lot of Girl Meets World in terms of its concept, but rather than focus on the young kids like that show, it seems more heavily focused on the old characters, which is entirely fine. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 2

Considering they would've let Michelle get away with murder on the original show, I'm not surprised to find out she grew up selfish and self involved. They made her think the whole world revolved around her. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 8

I don't know.  I don't blame Michelle for not giving up her life in NY to randomly move back to SF to help DJ.  Kimmy and Stef weren't planning on either until they saw how DJ was coping.  They were also in transitional phases so a lot "easier" for them to move back.  Ironically it seems like Michelle was the most stable in the family.  DJ just went through a huge trauma, Stef is a globe trotting playgirl, Kimmie is going through a divorce, and the rest of her family was headed to LA for new lives and careers.  

• Love 2

I don't know.  I don't blame Michelle for not giving up her life in NY to randomly move back to SF to help DJ.  Kimmy and Stef weren't planning on either until they saw how DJ was coping.  They were also in transitional phases so a lot "easier" for them to move back.  Ironically it seems like Michelle was the most stable in the family.  DJ just went through a huge trauma, Stef is a globe trotting playgirl, Kimmie is going through a divorce, and the rest of her family was headed to LA for new lives and careers.  

Yeah, I agree. It's a pretty major thing to change your whole life to help your sister like that, and it's not like Michelle saw how much DJ was struggling and didn't offer to help. DJ kept saying she was fine. And it doesn't seem like anyone asked her for help and she said no. She just didn't come back for what was a goodbye party for Danny, Jesse, and Becky, right? It's not like she didn't show up for the funeral. 

Weird nitpick.....did they refer to the guests at the party as The Ripers? Because those guys kicked Jesse out of the band and he formed a new one in the last season.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

It is still cheesy but I liked it.  I think they did a great job of creating an updated version of the original - same characters, but the sexes have been switched.  DJ is the updated Danny - widow with three kids - about the same age spread the Tanner girls were when the original series started.   Steph is the updated Jesse - the aunt/uncle with the wild side who wants a music career.  Kimmy is the friends who is always making jokes.  They even have a new Comet.  And some of the quirks, like Danny's love of cleaning, are still part of the show.  The biggest difference is that Kimmy has a daughter.  

It was a nice walk down memory lane. There were a few  things that I found distracting.  The first one was pretty much any time Danny said something.  Bob Saget's voice sounded weird and his acting was really subpar.

Another distracting things was Comet Junior Junior.  It has been 29 years since the first show started and Comet was around back then.  For Steve's pregnant dog to be Comet Jr Jr, all three generations of dogs would have had to give birth at an average age of 14-15.  For a Golden Retriever to even live that long is pretty remarkable, giving birth at that age is unbelievable.  Steve's dog should really be somewhere between Comet the 6th and Comet the 25th.  Plus, did the original Comet ever have puppies during the show's run?  

Now that I have thought about this much more than I should ---Perhaps Steve's dog is just the 3rd one named Comet, and is not a descendant of the original.  But then it's a little weird that Steve would name his dog after a dog owned by his high school girlfriend. 

Ok I caved and watch the first episode and......better then I expected. I watched the original so I was curious how the show would work everything. This is nothing more then a sweet nostalgic show and if looked at like that I think I might enjoy it. It is good to see the actors again. Damn Stamos hasn't aged a day has he? Loughlin looks awesome too. Did they make deals with the devil or something to look that young forever? Because damn!

Or deals with plastic surgeons.  Loughlin was on a show called Summerland about 10 years after Full house ended.  She had enough botox in her that he eyebrows never moved, and her face showed no emotion.  It was the first time I remember noticing that someone had had botox.  I was happy that Rebecca seemed to have a full range of facial expressions on Fuller house.

• Love 1

You're right. There would be several generations of Goldens after nearly three decades. Oh, and I'm pretty sure Comet 1.0 was a boy (Doesn't mean Comet version-whatever isn't from his line, obviously.)

I'm also pretty sure I'm embarrassed by how much I remember about the original series.

:)

• Love 1

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm pretty defensive of the Olsens (even though Michelle was the devil's spawn) and it came off as petty, but only because Jeff Franklin and John Stamos lowkey shamed them for not coming back in the media. If they didn't come off as so obviously bitter I'd have thought the fourth wall gag was funnier. The gag was Stamos' idea, too.

I can see why they'd be perturbed, It is kind of lame considering there are TWO of them and only one was needed to play the part.  I know one of them was busy with her latest fashion design whatever, but the other one's excuse was that she wasn't comfortable acting anymore since she hadn't done it since she was 17.  Well, neither of you could ever act in the first place and it's just a cheesy sitcom, give me a break.  I'm sure they could have just written Michelle in as a cameo for a couple of episodes if she didn't want to have to commit to a full season.  Sounds to me like someone just can't be bothered to pay some respects to a silly little show that helped launch her and her sister to billionaire-hood.  (For the life of me I'll never figure that one out)

It was a nice walk down memory lane. There were a few  things that I found distracting.  The first one was pretty much any time Danny said something.  Bob Saget's voice sounded weird and his acting was really subpar.

I noted the same thing.  Did he lose a vocal chord or something?

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 6

I can see why they'd be perturbed, It is kind of lame considering there are TWO of them and only one was needed to play the part.  I know one of them was busy with her latest fashion design whatever, but the other one's excuse was that she wasn't comfortable acting anymore since she hadn't done it since she was 17.  Well, neither of you could ever act in the first place and it's just a cheesy sitcom, give me a break.  I'm sure they could have just written Michelle in as a cameo for a couple of episodes if she didn't want to have to commit to a full season.  Sounds to me like someone just can't be bothered to pay some respects to a silly little show that helped launch her and her sister to billionaire-hood.  (For the life of me I'll never figure that one out)

I don't see why either of them should feel forced into making a cameo if they don't want to. They made their choice in not wanting to come back, ultimately...although I've honestly heard very different stories while this was going  on (the twins weren't asked, John claims they were, one of the twins were interested, then they weren't). Besides, they could have easily recast Michelle. She was young enough where they could recast, and they could still make their jokes like 'Michelle, you look so different. It's like you're not even the same person anymore!'. Yes, the fans would be hurt that the original twins weren't going to be around. But in the end, they could have easily worked around the Olsen twins problem by just finding another actress. I would suggest their sister, but she might be busy with other acting jobs. 

The point is, as much as they probably do owe the show for launching their career, they also don't have to come back for any cameos if they don't want to act anymore. They didn't have a choice when they got their gig on Full House; they were literally just babies. Now that they're older, they are making choices for themselves and if they choose not to be Michelle again, then that's what they choose and that's a perfectly fine choice. I personally would have loved to see them make an appearance, even a quick one, but I also respect their decisions. 

• Love 8

There's no way they could have recast Michelle. I'm roughly a year younger than the Olsens and I still own every single movie and direct to video show that they did. Kids were calling Full House "The Michelle Show." As annoying as the character was, kids were tuning in to see the Olsens back then. Recasting them would have been the worst, simply because they let Michelle take over the show and that launched the twins into billionaire status. If their role had been smaller like the Wilhoit twins, by all means, recast. But the character who was essentially the face of the show at the end? Unless it's Elizabeth Olsen, get out of town.

Who knew I felt so strongly about this? Yikes. I was hoping that one of them would at least record a phone call or something and surprise us.

• Love 10

There's no way they could have recast Michelle. I'm roughly a year younger than the Olsens and I still own every single movie and direct to video show that they did. Kids were calling Full House "The Michelle Show." As annoying as the character was, kids were tuning in to see the Olsens back then. Recasting them would have been the worst, simply because they let Michelle take over the show and that launched the twins into billionaire status. If their role had been smaller like the Wilhoit twins, by all means, recast. But the character who was essentially the face of the show at the end? Unless it's Elizabeth Olsen, get out of town.

Who knew I felt so strongly about this? Yikes. I was hoping that one of them would at least record a phone call or something and surprise us.

I can see how people might feel differently about this given their age when the show started. I believe I was 9 when it came out, so my main memories are from the first few years. I am roughly DJ's age and remember Michelle as a baby/toddler. By the end of the series, I wasn't watching regularly because I was in middle/high school. Pretty sure I eventually saw all of the episodes in syndication, but the older Michelle dos don't resonate as much for me.

Yes, the fans would be hurt that the original twins weren't going to be around. But in the end, they could have easily worked around the Olsen twins problem by just finding another actress. I would suggest their sister, but she might be busy with other acting jobs. 

Yeah, their sister is actually doing some serious acting though, so playing on a retread sitcom would be a step down for her.  I'm older and remember the show more from the late 80s.  By the time it had apparently become "The Michelle Show", I had already burned out on it and was watching other things.

• Love 3

I think they didn't want to recast Michelle in case the twins changed their mind. But I doubt they will if they hear about some of these "jokes."

I do think it's a shame that one of the twins couldn't filmed a 5 minute cameo. They owe a lot to the show. And it's not like they stopped acting when the original show ended. They continued doing their own shows/videos until they went to college, so the excuse about not being comfortable acting doesn't fly with me. But I also think the writers should get over it and move on.

• Love 3

Thank you! It was absolutely the Michelle show. I remember a great deal of the story lines centering around mostly Michelle. When Full House wasn't on - you could absolutely catch up with the Olsen Twins with their made for TV movies that eventually led to direct to video releases. The rest of the cast knew Michelle was the center of the show too. CCB seems more than pleased to have a show centering around her this time.

• Love 2

In my opinion, it would have been nice for a grown up Michelle to make an appearance, but only if it was one of the Olsens, not a stand in.  I don't think I would have wanted the Michelle character to be one the show much - I think a re-tread of Full House is great, but a re-tread of The Michelle Show, no thanks.  

Just imagine what a grown up version of Michele would be like.... Would she still be doing something wrong and then say something cute to make up for it?  Would she act cutesy all the time? Would someone ask her to pick up the baby and she would give a thumbs up and say "You got it, dude!"? Would she be bossing everyone around?  

I can't see how a grown-up Michelle would add anything positive to the show.  

• Love 2

I don't blame the Olsen twins at all for not wanting anything to do with the show. IMO they don't owe Full House anything. Yes, they ended up rich beyond the wildest dreams of most people here, but they had to give up their childhood for it, through no choice of their own. 

I recall reading one old-ass interview when the twins were still little kids, maybe 7 or 8 (?). They were in the middle of filming something. Someone asked them what their plans were after filming was over and their chaperone said that they were going to be working on something else. The twins just looked at her blankly and said, "We are?" I get that they were little kids and little kids hardly keep track of their schedules, but it just sorta emphasized for me how so much of their career was completely out of their hands. 

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about Carly Rae Jepsen's version of the theme song, but not gonna lie, the opening credits had me feeling all sentimental. 

• Love 5

On one hand I am kind of glad Michelle isn't on the show. She was a terror on the original. On the other hand although I do agree that the Olson Twins owe the show little it would have been a nice gesture for them to acknowledge that it was where they started and give the revival a five minute cameo. How hard would that have been really? I think it would have showed maturity on their part to do that and I think that fact that they wouldn't means the show had every right to side eye the hell out of them.

Edited by Chaos Theory

Ashley Olsen's middle name is Fuller. Ha.

I agree they should've probably done a 2 minute phone call even but I think they're both insecure in their acting, especially Ashley, who quit acting before Mary Kate did. I think they want to be seen and feel they are, business women in the fashion industry and what to keep it that way. I think MK feels she's above this show and Ashley doesn't think she can pull it off. This is just my conjecture based on what Ive read about them over the years.

Edited by Rebecca

I loved this show when I was a kid, but thought there was always too much Michelle, and... they always catered to her whims. The Olsens had the star credit in the final season, I believe. I understand the Olsens feeling neutral/ambivalent about returning to the show. They were infants when the show started. It's not their problem that fans are attached to the character of Michelle.

I agree that it would be disastrous for any other actor to play the character of Michelle, too. Kind of like the Brady Bunch specials where Cindy and Jan were replaced. Better off leaving her out. I don't like the way Stamos and others have given those subtle "digs" at the Olsens, either. I'm sure it was meant in good fun, but it did seem a bit passive aggressive.

• Love 6

Yeah, I guess the way I see it, by declining to appear on the show, the Olsens are exercising the choice/agency they used to lack when the show first aired. I can't begrudge them that, even though my sentimental 90s nostalgia side would have liked seeing a brief cameo. Let's be real, if they were still underage when the show was being rebooted (in whatever time-space continuum where that would have made sense), their parents probably would have been all, "You're going to appear on that show whether you like it or not!"

...Plus, this way I can fantasize about how Michelle actually didn't recover from her season 8 amnesia and that the Tanners saw a golden opportunity to offload the spawn of Satan and abandoned her on the streets of San Francisco, their ep 1 comments about Michelle's "fashion empire" be damned.

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 6

In my opinion, it would have been nice for a grown up Michelle to make an appearance, but only if it was one of the Olsens, not a stand in. I don't think I would have wanted the Michelle character to be one the show much - I think a re-tread of Full House is great, but a re-tread of The Michelle Show, no thanks.

Just imagine what a grown up version of Michele would be like.... Would she still be doing something wrong and then say something cute to make up for it? Would she act cutesy all the time? Would someone ask her to pick up the baby and she would give a thumbs up and say "You got it, dude!"? Would she be bossing everyone around?

I can't see how a grown-up Michelle would add anything positive to the show.

I don't think it's a fair assessment to assume that an adult version would be just like her child self. I think had she been on the show they would have found a way to write in a "You got it dude" just like how they managed to write in "How rude!" And DJ's "Oh Mylanta". But it wouldn't be like it was 20+ years ago.

• Love 1

I don't think it's a fair assessment to assume that an adult version would be just like her child self. I think had she been on the show they would have found a way to write in a "You got it dude" just like how they managed to write in "How rude!" And DJ's "Oh Mylanta". But it wouldn't be like it was 20+ years ago.

IIRC, even Jesse's "Have Mercy" catchphrase was used in a different context in the reboot.

I don't blame the Olsen twins at all for not wanting anything to do with the show. IMO they don't owe Full House anything. Yes, they ended up rich beyond the wildest dreams of most people here, but they had to give up their childhood for it, through no choice of their own. 

I recall reading one old-ass interview when the twins were still little kids, maybe 7 or 8 (?). They were in the middle of filming something. Someone asked them what their plans were after filming was over and their chaperone said that they were going to be working on something else. The twins just looked at her blankly and said, "We are?" I get that they were little kids and little kids hardly keep track of their schedules, but it just sorta emphasized for me how so much of their career was completely out of their hands.

Amen. They've been very gracious about the show in interviews, gamely answering questions  about it when they give TV interviews, which isn't often. I don't know what more they're supposed to do. They worked their entire childhood and teen years, and you can never get that time back. It's very telling that the second they both turned 18, they did a final movie and then pretty much quit acting altogether (with the exception of MK's random turn on Weeds and a few other projects). MK even said she would never wish her upbringing on anyone.

Anyway, in terms of this episode, it's pretty fitting for Michelle not to bother coming back to help DJ. She was always the most self-involved, although I agree with previous posts that she shouldn't necessarily be expected to drop everything to help her sister who already has two other people helping her. She'd probably make the kids do chores for her.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4

but they're also using it as a pun, and my comment is relevant to certain storylines in the show concerning number of people/rooms in the house.

If we're going by the end of the original series, then yes, it's not "fuller." However, there are more people living in the house now than there were at the beginning of the original. The original started out with the three men and three kids. The addition of Ramona gives us three women plus four kids for the reboot. To make the house "fuller" than it was at the end of the original series, when Becky and the twins were living there, they just need to add at least three more people by the end of the series. 

• Love 1

Unless it's Elizabeth Olsen, get out of town.

Evidently, that was under consideration at one point. I think the show works better with Stephanie, Kimmy, and D.J. because the three of them are closer in age. In 2016, a twenty-something sister giving up her career to raise her oldest sister's kids would seem kind of... unlikely. 

This first episode was too much crammed into 35 minutes. Weird moments: Steve turning out kind of creepy and pathetic, Nicky and Alex are already losing their hair, Becky still wanting another baby, and Danny's new wife not even mentioned aside from the five-second cameo. I mean, give me a break. We spent years bearing witness to Danny Tanner's extremely awkward dating life. So many unanswered questions there!

• Love 1

Considering they would've let Michelle get away with murder on the original show, I'm not surprised to find out she grew up selfish and self involved. They made her think the whole world revolved around her.

So she's every American child.
  • Love 2

Evidently, that was under consideration

I don't blame them for a very cautious approach to Elizabeth. Aside from the issue that she's bordering on being a big star (okay, at least one big enough to be in Avengers movies), there's the fact that there could be a whole circle of offended people, from the twins to Elizabeth herself, by the notion of her playing Michelle. That said, I disagree with Franklin that it's inherently a bad idea. It's an unrealistic idea, sure, but that's different from a bad one.  It was always in my head that even though Elizabeth wasn't on the show that Franklin had to know her personally, and pretty well. I know the Twins had a typical nightmare "Momager", who I'm speculating dragged Elizabeth around everywhere with her while she took care of the Twins business. 

• Love 2

I don't blame them for a very cautious approach to Elizabeth. Aside from the issue that she's bordering on being a big star (okay, at least one big enough to be in Avengers movies), there's the fact that there could be a whole circle of offended people, from the twins to Elizabeth herself, by the notion of her playing Michelle. That said, I disagree with Franklin that it's inherently a bad idea. It's an unrealistic idea, sure, but that's different from a bad one.  It was always in my head that even though Elizabeth wasn't on the show that Franklin had to know her personally, and pretty well. I know the Twins had a typical nightmare "Momager", who I'm speculating dragged Elizabeth around everywhere with her while she took care of the Twins business. 

Really?  I had never heard of the Olsen parents as being stageparents.  I thought they were always used as the example of great parents and were responsible for the twins still having their money and actually growing it.  Not disagreeing with you I just had no idea.

• Love 1

Really?  I had never heard of the Olsen parents as being stageparents.  I thought they were always used as the example of great parents and were responsible for the twins still having their money and actually growing it.  Not disagreeing with you I just had no idea.

We're in danger of veering too far off topic (can we make an Olsens topic?), but from what I gather, they were. Think of all the things the twins dabbled in during the 90s - TV, books, clothes, makeup, singing (ugh), the constant videos throughout their teens. Making them producers when they were kids (which was a smart move admittedly). There's no way the parents were anything but big time stage parents for them to have amassed that fortune. The twins were basically performing monkeys from the time they were nine months old and worked nonstop. Having said that, the twins have always said they were given a fairly normal upbringing, so who knows.

To stay on topic, who the hell would have thought JOEY would be the first one to move out? That one strained credulity. Also, it seems Jesse had absolutely no growth over the past 20 years, making Becky lug all those suitcases around. He's still a tool.

Maybe we haven't heard from Danny's new wife because she died already.

You know, the life expectancy of a Tanner spouse isn't very long.

Edited by Silo
  • Love 3