Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Cowboys

I knew that Chip would eventually find out that Christine sent Penelope back to Paris, but I didn't think he would learn it so soon. I am both looking forward to and dreading their confrontation. My heart breaks for Chip, even though I side with Christine, as she did what she had to.

This episode was incredible. The Willie Nelson conversation was so hilarious and surreal. The recurring snake bite gag was just as good as the cricket gag from last week. I'm really going to miss this show when the season ends in a few weeks.

• Love 3

Well, I didn't think the snake bite gag was as good as the crickets, but that's hard to top.

This ep was like a mini-road movie. So much packed into a half hour. Eddie is quite a character, but then we knew that. The hooker, Thelma, was another interesting little character. I can't remember the actress's name. Meg something. I always thought she had spooky eyes, they're so pale.

But the kicker was the ending. Wow. I was really missing Christine, but I didn't want her brought up in this way. I wonder how the confrontation will go, or Chip will even confront her. Hard to say how he'll handle it.

• Love 1

Meg Foster, with the gorgeous light blue eyes.  I was hoping that the leathery skin was the result of makeup, but recent photos say that's her.  How does that happen?  Smoking and sunlight? 

Chip is warming toward Martha.  He kicked the snake away and then yelled at the kid for throwing a water balloon at her. 

• Love 2

Meg Foster, with the gorgeous light blue eyes.

Holy cow. Did not recognize her. Haven't seen her since the 80s, I think.

I did not see the Eddie-has-a-native-son story coming. Cool twist.

• Love 2

Chip is warming toward Martha.  He kicked the snake away and then yelled at the kid for throwing a water balloon at her. 

I was thinking about that too. And didn't he say to the kid, "Not at the lady." I love how gradually is affection toward Martha is going.

• Love 3

Meg Foster! I would have never gotten that on my own.

Not one of my favorite episodes, probably because that locale is one of my worst nightmares. I might be alone in this opinion but I don't care for the rodeo guy character at all.

• Love 3

Mr. EB was creeped out that Martha, Chip, and Eddie were all smushed together in the front seat.

Meg Foster! I am so used to seeing her play creepy characters lately (Grunwald on PLL/Ravenswood and Josephine on The Originals) that it was fun to see her play someone so much friendlier.

I am dreading the Chip/Christine fight about Penelope.

Mr. EB was creeped out that Martha, Chip, and Eddie were all smushed together in the front seat.

Me too.  I suppose they sat that way for purposes of filming, but who does that in real life, sit all scrunched together?

I'm wondering if we'll ever know why Martha has a cast on her arm.  Maybe Chip will ask her, and that will be our last sign that he's noticing her as a person, with feelings. 

I feel for Martha with that cast on for so long, unless, of course, the series takes place over a few days. I broke my wrist last year, wore a cast for just two weeks and it was torture! It's hard for me to watch Martha's cast still being on!

I think the all-three-sitting-in-the-front-seat thing was intentional awkwardness - just one more way that the trip was uncomfortable and weird.

I remember when I'd be stuck in between my parents in the front of their Jeep. That was the worst.

I really liked how out of it Eddie was in the front seat, apparently having just awakened. He seemed like a toddler.

However, I was freaked out when we see him at the campfire with Chip, sleeping with his eyes open.

WOW.  I never would have pegged that hooker with the heart of gold, little scrap of beef jerky as Meg Foster.  Besides the light eyes, she was always notable for being more voluptuous than typical stick figure Hollywood.

I'm not wild for the rodeo boss, but my least favorite is French Penelope.  I guess it's appropriate that Baskets has a great unattainable love, but next week looks like a bore, with him chasing her down in Paris.  Stay home with Martha and Mom!

Heee at the car posts.  If you have a bench seat, everybody goes in the front!

Many great Martha moments in this episode.

She expresses her preference for "set it and forget it" not once, but twice in the episode (first GPS over "turn left at the tree" type directions, then cruise control over regular driving).

Her dislike of confrontation is so strong, she is compelled to say, "I don't want to seem like that kind of a person" to the police before asking about incriminating herself.  Also, she is terrible at charades--so much so that Chip has to repeat his mouthing of "Call 9-1-1".

"Where are we going?"

"To deliver some cowboy justice."

"Okay, but where?"

• Love 2

OMG, that was Meg Foster!!!!   Waant she an original Cagney or Lacy?

She was so beautiful!!!!   What the holy fuck happened? 

On another less shocking note, ai went to the Denver Stock Show Pro Rodeo and thoroughly enjoyed watching the clown and imagining Chip Baskets doing the schnick instead.

The rodeo clown, Jamie Rumford, had a weak patter and a smattering of good lines, but he was no Baskets the clown, or "clune".

However, a giant Brahma bull chased Jamie quite aways before he got to the fence to jump up, so it was worth it.  

• Love 1