Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Edward 'Eddie the Eagle' Edwards

Kromm
  • Start Topic

Shocked there was no topic.

This was the best episode of the show they've had in quite a while. It felt effortless the way a lot of the 2nd half of Season 1 episodes did. Between the two plots, every character had something great to do in this one (and it was really nice to see a Murray-centric plot).

Long live Ball Ball!

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4

I agree...it was good.  I love all of their interactions together, especially the siblings.  Erica is great when she is the voice of reason for the sibling relationships, and I like that she cares about her family.  Barry is a nut, but I love how funny Lainey is when she goes along with him...her reactions are so funny.

• Love 2

The show followed up one of its most sentimental shows with one of its funniest of the season. It was a great direction to take Bev that we don't get to see as much of as she's always so concerned about the kids.

The Ball Ball Group was incredible. I don't know if we've seen the sarcastic girl before, but her quips fit in so well as the Greek chorus to what was going on in front of her. And that fucking Boomerang! Obvious gag is obvious, but it still made me laugh.

• Love 4

That was so good! The relationship with the siblings is so sweet and fun, I just really enjoy them. 

I hope we see follow up with the Ball Ball Group, even if the Goldberg kids were both kicked out. Who is that angry girl who hates Barry? She was cracking me up. 

• Love 3

Wasn't Barry really good at hockey in season 1?

Did they really have to retcon him into a complete non-athlete?

Right, there was an entire S1 episode build around Barry legitimately being a very good hockey player. There was also a small reference or two to Barry being a good wrestler, I believe. As someone who was both a dorky guy and a pretty good baseball/basketball player in school I appreciated that the show seemed to realize that some weird dorks are actually good athletes and that being good at a sport didn't automatically make you cool and popular.

• Love 2

I noticed the episode steered clear of addressing hockey. Kind of a takeaway that Barry thought his prowess in Hockey (and perhaps Wrestling) translated to other sports. He's always been shown to be a pretty bad basketball player, despite his claims to the contrary.

• Love 1

If I can't get the white sweater with the rainbow that Erica was wearing then I have failed at life. I don't care how out of date it is or that I had a similar one in the fifth grade that wasn't a zip-up. WANT.

• Love 3

I loved the clapping exchange. It was just so stupid, and capped off by Barry running away, which is always great.

The real video at the end along the reenactments was fun. The one person per exercise-bike pedal really made me laugh.

• Love 1