Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: The Good Shepherd

Well (is there a risk of being inappropriately gross on the subject of this episode?) grooming us also the word for how pedophiles prepare their victims, so.

That was the first thing I thought of, too, Julia. And I think that might be a major part of what made me so uncomfortable with and disgusted by the scene. Clearly I have watched too many Law & Order: SVU eps.

• Love 1

Ha, I blame my many years of watching SVU whenever I assume a character is a pervert, a rapist, or other creepy stalker within two seconds of being introduced.

In this case, maybe, as was seen on SVU, the sheep fell over and he was just helping it get back on its feet. To quote Olivia Benson, "With your penis?"

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure his belt was unbuckled when he ran out of the barn, so it's probably pretty definite that he wasn't just grooming the sheep.

I cannot believe I just typed that sentence. Yuck.

• Love 2
(edited)

To be fair, sometimes beastslity can be considered a good artistic topic like in the play Equus.

Though a rom-com like Younger probably wasn't the best platform. It might have worked better on Broadway or a gritty indie movie or cable drama.

Edited by Pink ranger

Oh nooooo.......Way to ruin one of my favorite classical pieces, now I'll never be able to think of it any other way, LOL.  "Safely", LOL, oh noooooohhhh............I'd better not ruin it for Mr. Snarklepuss (who has a bust of Bach in his office) LOL.  Julia, why'd ya do it?  ;-)

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear that the farmer was doing with the sheep.  Between him being isolated on his farm and pretty 'worked up' from kissing Liza, my mind immediately went to the stories of lonely sheep herders needing to satisfy their urges.

• Love 1

I like the show, and because of it, I've been introduced to the New Adventures of Old Christine, which TVLand runs a lot, and makes me lol. :)

Only the 5th best show I've ever seen in my life, if you want to listen to my very biased opinion ;)  I am so glad you have discovered it and like it.  I push it on others very forcefully, to usually zero response.

In this case, maybe, as was seen on SVU, the sheep fell over and he was just helping it get back on its feet. To quote Olivia Benson, "With your penis?"

That poor sheep would definitely qualify as a Special Victim :(  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

This episode and its resulting discussion have scarred me for life, I think.

And we all can ever unsee it!

I had been playing catch up on the eps, so last week my friend was asked if I watched the episode with Liza and  Matthew M and the sheep...but she made a face while saying it,but not spoiling anything. Well, as soon as I heard sheep, right away I thought, uh oh, some kind of weird sex.  So I was kind of prepared for it,especially when she went back the his place, I thought, this is it!

On 3/8/2016 at 12:17 AM, Snarklepuss said:

I thought the episode on SATC where Carrie meets the guy who wanted her to pee on him was bad but this was over the top.  As soon as I saw a virtual hermit living with all those sheep and he said he wasn't really looking for a relationship that's when I got suspicious but thought "Nooooo, the show would never go there".  And yet Holy Fuck, it did.  Ho-kay.  Fuck Darren Star for making my mind go there before it even happened!  What does that say about ME?  LOL  I suppose I've lived through too many jokes about "Where men are men and sheep are nervous".  Then too Liza can be remarkably naive about her own relationships meanwhile she is so wise about Kelsey's.

It honestly did not dawn on me until Liza went back to farm and started calling his name - I was sitting there thinking something like "Oh no...oh no, oh they're not...no...OH MY GOD!" followed by EWWWWWW and then, yes, laughter. 

I’m watching the show in 2020. And this episode just traumatized me. I didn’t expect that, that was awful, sad and disgusting, no words. That was definitely not needed. Almost ruined the entire show. Poor Sheep. And what makes me even more angry and disgusted is that there people that actually enjoy doing that to animals in real life, it’s so heartbreaking and disgusting in many many ways. This world and the human race can’t get any worse. It’s sickening.