Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)
4 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Was Kelli the one who auditioned that one year and they featured her and then she kind of had a "uh oh, brain fart" moment during the combo and they commented "I couldn't tell she was a dance major today"?  Or am I thinking of someone else?

It was not Kelli.That was someone else.

This is Kelli   http://www.allenamericansiceangels.com/IA/Kelli.html

Edited by MrsEVH
2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

It was not Kelli.

OK, I'm confusing her with someone else.  I know there was one year where they were going through resumés after prelims and there was a head shot with the name "Kelli Quinn" on the top.  Sometimes the faces & names start running together after awhile!

1 minute ago, SopranoKris said:

OK, I'm confusing her with someone else.  I know there was one year where they were going through resumés after prelims and there was a head shot with the name "Kelli Quinn" on the top.  Sometimes the faces & names start running together after awhile!

Kelli Quinn is TCC Kelli. Her middle name is Quinn and last name is Sullivan

8 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

I remember the girl you're talking about. I think her name was Katelynn. She told a sad story about her dad getting laid off when she was young, and the whole thing was taped in what looked to be her own private dance studio, lol. I remember Kelli saying she came highly recommended in the dance world, but yeah, she messed up the combo, and I'm sure with a girl like that who the judges are aware of ahead of time, that would not impress.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

I know who you're talking about - pretty blonde who's dad lost his job and she had to adjust her college plans to be a scholarshiped dance major at a less expensive school.  Was her name Kaitlyn?  I thought she was really pretty and was surprised they didn't give her the benefit of the doubt when she messed up - she wasn't invited into finals.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Ashley/Emily/Hunter.  

I think it's weird she's Sydney's bridesmaid, just seems all very cliquey.  Keeping Kathy D who was clearly out of shape and can't dance over talented dancers like Kelli just shows something fishy going on.  To get back on topic...go Kelli! 

I think someone posted here (on a different board) that's why D'Janae didn't audition for Mans for another season?

6 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I remember the girl you're talking about. I think her name was Katelynn. She told a sad story about her dad getting laid off when she was young, and the whole thing was taped in what looked to be her own private dance studio, lol. I remember Kelli saying she came highly recommended in the dance world, but yeah, she messed up the combo, and I'm sure with a girl like that who the judges are aware of ahead of time, that would not impress.

Yeah - I remember that scene w/ her in what looked like a mahogany paneled dance room in a mansion-like home and thinking what the heck ;) - haha!  Maybe that wasn't her house though?    

• Love 1

Kelli Quinn was the one Kitty wrote that email to K&J about in season 9.

Email said: 

"Thought I was gonna lose my mind when you passed on her last year. CMT followed her abs around both weekends. She's smart, VERY talented, kicks that are sinful, abs of P90, blonde, exotic, and much cuter than Amelia for sure."

(Personally I thought Amelia was cuter, but whatever)

If you pause when Kelli is holding Kelli Quinn's photo, and zoom in, you can read the note.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Yeah - I remember that scene w/ her in what looked like a mahogany paneled dance room in a mansion-like home and thinking what the heck ;) - haha!  Maybe that wasn't her house though?    

Haha yes, it's possible it wasn't her house. And even if it was, the lay off could have been years prior which would have given her dad time to get back on his feet. The whole thing just struck me as ironic and I felt like they should have filmed elsewhere to avoid questions like this, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I'm going to assume she was being honest and not embellishing.

37 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Kelli Quinn was the one Kitty wrote that email to K&J about in season 9.

Email said: 

"Thought I was gonna lose my mind when you passed on her last year. CMT followed her abs around both weekends. She's smart, VERY talented, kicks that are sinful, abs of P90, blonde, exotic, and much cuter than Amelia for sure."

(Personally I thought Amelia was cuter, but whatever)

If you pause when Kelli is holding Kelli Quinn's photo, and zoom in, you can read the note.

Who is Amelia?  I'm drawing a blank on that name.

2 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Ashley/Emily/Hunter.  

I think it's weird she's Sydney's bridesmaid, just seems all very cliquey.  Keeping Kathy D who was clearly out of shape and can't dance over talented dancers like Kelli just shows something fishy going on.  To get back on topic...go Kelli! 

Why? Why? Why? 

How did Hunter NOT make it into training camp? We have a few insiders here. It is going to be a longggg weekend. Is there anything an insider is able to share to shed any insight on this? I'm afraid CMT will edit Hunter out and we won't ever know why. 

3 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

It's not that Mallory is strict, it's that she's young (early 30's) for a director and acts like a high schooler. She gets involved in team drama and has favorites. Why do you think 3 dancers including their all star, the ONLY one who could speak Spanish, and the most popular/most talented auditioned for DCC?

Mallory is younger than me, and most of my friends from the dance world danced under their prior director, but I've heard she's a straight up bitch. It's one reason it makes me wonder about Sydney.,,, I'm so happy for Kelli- I really hope she's showcased on MTT.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Why? Why? Why? 

How did Hunter NOT make it into training camp? We have a few insiders here. It is going to be a longggg weekend. Is there anything an insider is able to share to shed any insight on this? I'm afraid CMT will edit Hunter out and we won't ever know why. 

I heard she's more powerhouse than technical and it showed during her performance and she didn't show the confidence they were looking for in her interview

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Can someone tell me why Sydney left the DCC and went to the DM? 

It has been discussed and no one knows for sure

9 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Retired 3 year vet Amelia Bren. She was a DCC 2011, 2012, 2013.

b703f53301821da5e82b4f0c882a67ba.jpg

I don't remember her, but she does have a very similar look to the Kelli girl.  I can see why Kitty used her as a comparison, but I think based on these two cameo pics, the Amelia girl is slightly cuter.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Is Mads, Maddy and Madeline the same person?

That's what I've been asking. I think the answer is yes, but I'm never sure.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sydney just left DCC b/c she wanted to try something new.

I hope the girls enjoy their weekend off!

8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Mallory is younger than me, and most of my friends from the dance world danced under their prior director, but I've heard she's a straight up bitch. It's one reason it makes me wonder about Sydney.,,, I'm so happy for Kelli- I really hope she's showcased on MTT.

I hope so too. Kelli danced previously for 3 Texas dance teams (TLD, DMD, AAIA). I think she'd make a great DCC.

• Love 1

Yes Mads, Maddie and Madeline are all the same person haha. 

I hope they feature Hunter on MTT, i don't even know if they get told why they're cut so it would be good for her to see too! Im pretty sure they tell veterans why they're cut, same as if you're terminating a contract with any employee. But not sure about other finalists. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I know someone, I think it was LaurenBrook? Mentioned that Yuko had a caption on Instagram that had a sad face. I went and translated her captions on Google from since she made training camp (and the comments)....man I need to be more productive in my day. Anyway, nothing out of the ordinary! Telling her friends she's having fun, recipes, first time on a runway, etc.!

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 5

I can't imagine that she would publicly post about a visa issue. I think TXStar mentioned that it was indeed visa issues and she had to return to Japan for 10 days(?) and that's why Yuko wasn't at show group auditions. I can't see Kelli and Judy being thrilled at someone missing 10 days of training camp, or the fact that the visa wasn't sorted in the proper way; 

"CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FEEL THEY CAN ATTEND ALL REHEARSALS SHOULD NOT CONTEMPLATE BEING A DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADER."

International Applicants:  When applying for any type of visa, please keep in mind that the Dallas Cowboys do not “sponsor” international candidates. Please work through the US consulate/embassy in your home country to obtain the proper visa for audition travel, and be mindful of extended timeline should you be selected as a Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleader 

copied from the rules on the website!

unless the girl is an AMAZING dancer and really makes up the time she's missed in terms of progress, not sure how K and J will handle this.. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I can't imagine that she would publicly post about a visa issue. I think TXStar mentioned that it was indeed visa issues and she had to return to Japan for 10 days(?) and that's why Yuko wasn't at show group auditions. I can't see Kelli and Judy being thrilled at someone missing 10 days of training camp, or the fact that the visa wasn't sorted in the proper way; 

"CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FEEL THEY CAN ATTEND ALL REHEARSALS SHOULD NOT CONTEMPLATE BEING A DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADER."

International Applicants:  When applying for any type of visa, please keep in mind that the Dallas Cowboys do not “sponsor” international candidates. Please work through the US consulate/embassy in your home country to obtain the proper visa for audition travel, and be mindful of extended timeline should you be selected as a Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleader 

unless the girl is an AMAZING dancer and really makes up the time she's missed in terms of progress, not sure how K and J will handle this.. 

I'm honestly surprised they let her go home...? Are we sure she did?

Good point about the posting publicly; I didn't think that one through. As for her absence: Perhaps the current holiday break helped her fit it in (along with skipping some days previous, including the show group night). But I can't imagine that K & J are thrilled by this. Would be terrible if she returns next week with the visa issue fixed ... And then is the next one cut.

• Love 1

Bless it, I would love to be as fit and as thin as this vet, but I can just hear Kelli talking about muffin top, and Charlotte with "what are you feeding these vets?" Who is this?

IMG_20160702_105009_crop_176x353.jpg

• Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Java said:

Bless it, I would love to be as fit and as thin as this vet, but I can just hear Kelli talking about muffin top, and Charlotte with "what are you feeding these vets?" Who is this?

IMG_20160702_105009_crop_176x353.jpg

I think it's Danielle. If you look closely at her left side, the girl's leg who is in front of her is blending in with her side. There's still a tiny muffin top on her right side but I don't think it looks bad.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 6

Probably Danielle, based on the hair. It should be noted that at first glance, her left side appears much thicker than it actually is, because someone else's leg is blending into it.

• Love 2

I think that's Danielle. That's someone's leg on the left but shes never been super duper toned and always struggled with her weight. I noticed in the show group picture she was looking a little bigger. Poor girl she seems like she's constantly fighting with like 4/5 pounds it just really shows. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

I'm worried about that too. She's going to miss new

choreography, deal with the stress of the time change and visa process and the stress of Kelli being mad about it. That is a HUGE exception to make for someone. I'm sure they're prepared to help an international girl extend her visa if she makes the team, but they expect her to do the work up front to be here long enough to make it!! I adore Yuko, I really hope this all works out!

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I hope so too. Kelli danced previously for 3 Texas dance teams (TLD, DMD, AAIA). I think she'd make a great DCC.

I actually like Kelli as well. Another AAIA that I've seen in person and talked to a time or two so that always makes me feel like I have a connection, ever so slight haha. She's super nice and interactive. Plus, I always admire people who are very fit! I am rooting for her! Yes, you can tell she might be slightly older than some in TC, but I say Go Girl! She doesn't look any older than Kat does/did. I think she's beautiful.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

Someone mentioned Sydney leaving and becoming a Mavs dancer.  Sydney retired from DCC so that she could choerograph for a movie.  After she was done she was missing being on a cheer team and might have missed her opportunity to come back to DCC as a vet.  She tried out for the Mavs instead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2513074/?ref_=nm_knf_t2

Is her name listed in the cast & credits? I didn't see it unless I missed it.

8 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Is her name listed in the cast & credits? I didn't see it unless I missed it.

If you click on "all cast and crew", then scroll to the very bottom and click on "other crew", Sydney is listed as a cheerleader consultant.

Here is another reminder about using the ignore feature when one or more posters upset you. The mods do not mind the off topic discussion, but we do mind someone not being civil or someone deciding to play mod. We have highly suggest using the ignore feature, sending a PM to one of us, or using the report center. Try not to engage the person bugging you because this can add fuel to the fire which causes more problems. Posts have been hidden at the discretion of the mods, and we will send a PM, a non warning notice, and suspension and moderated content will happen for posters who do not follow the be civil rule. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don't think anyone said Yuko actually left Texas, did they? I thought TXStar posted that she NEEDED to spend ten days in Japan, but I don't think she said she'd actually gone and come back.

I think she just said Yuko needed 10 days. I don't think she said she had to go back. 

(Update: I trued scrolling through previous posts to see what she said but I can't find. Maybe she can clarify when she's back on here.)

Visas are complicated and some issues are unforeseen. It's possible that she did everything right but there were unexpected delays or glitches in processing. (I live in the states on a foreign visa and I've had these issues myself.)  Still, I'm surprised they're giving her the time to deal with it. I feel like this means they REALLY like her.

Edited by Dior99
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

Someone mentioned Sydney leaving and becoming a Mavs dancer.  Sydney retired from DCC so that she could choerograph for a movie.  After she was done she was missing being on a cheer team and might have missed her opportunity to come back to DCC as a vet.  She tried out for the Mavs instead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2513074/?ref_=nm_knf_t2

She retired before she choreographed for the movie and did not have any plans to continue with DCC. I mean she made the team a few days after her 18th birthday and did 7 years with them. She wanted to audition for Mavs. She isn't hiding anything, and she is pretty open about it and genuinely happy.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Yeah I think she had to leave Texas and return to Japan for the last 10 days, and that's why she's not in the show group pic? 

There could be ten reasons as to why she wasn't in the show group pic.... I'm pretty sure TXStar never said Yuko actually went back to Japan. Hopefully she'll come back on and clarify! 

• Love 1

TXStar is a  poster on this board who seems to have accurate inside info on the current training camp. If you scroll back through this thread, you'll see her comments and updates.

4 minutes ago, Texas Girl said:

What is TXSTAR and can I have the link?

Thank you! :)

She's a poster on this site. She knows information within training camp. Some assume she may be on the CMT crew