Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Its so bad that I can't put a face to a name of about 85% of the candidates. I seem to remember her having one of the better fan vote videos though? 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

LAURENBROOK;

Thanks for reposting that video. Mads may be young but she can certainly move. IMO opinion she looks like a woman here. I love her more "natural" look..kinda like former curly Nicole.

• Love 3

Rooting for Amy and Madeline!   Amy's a hometown girl!   And Madeline we kind of know her journey here. So no real reasons. Lol.  But it gives me some women to cheer for!!!     (Did I spell rooting wrong?) lol!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I sure hope we haven't lost all the tall women. Caila was so beautiful, a combo of height & dance ability. DCC to me absolutely NEEDS these "tall, drinks of water".

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Annette said:

I sure hope we haven't lost all the tall women. Caila was so beautiful, a combo of height & dance ability. DCC to me absolutely NEEDS these "tall, drinks of water".

In addition to being one of the few tall ones left, Bethany also was one of the few blondes!

I don't think looking really young is a good thing for an NFL cheerleader.   They are an entertainment group that's designed to have sex appeal to adult male football fans - looking like a teenager is not a good thing becuase it will be awkward for the male fans to see them dancing in that revealing/sexy uniform - they won't know what to feel (if that makes sense?).   I think all DCC should look old enough to pass for 21 - they are supposed to be women, not girls IMO.

• Love 3

I'm not sure there was an implication that being good at doing splits means having good kicks (or vice versa), I think the opinion being expressed is that Madeline has both good kicks and splits. 

• Love 2

OK, so 4 have been cut. How many cuts are left to get the squad number they want? I really hope they want to take 38. I'm sure they're aiming for 34-36, though. Just don't want my favs top get cut. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

OK, so 4 have been cut. How many cuts are left to get the squad number they want? I really hope they want to take 38. I'm sure they're aiming for 34-36, though. Just don't want my favs top get cut. 

5 have been cut. Whitney, Jackie, Lindsey, Celinda, and bethanyBethany

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

SAME.  I'd love to think Kelli had Erica say in that interview it will be a squad of 34-36 and then surprise us by deciding they want a larger group! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KristyMc19 said:

can't get rid of the box...sorry...

has anyone's hair ever been drastically changed after makeovers were completed?  Did they ever have second thoughts about someone's makeover and changed it?

So if they started w/ 47, and have cut five, then to get to 36 that means 6 more need to go.   8 more if they do 34.   Geesh - that's still a lot.

Based on the history of show there can always be cuts that just come from the fact that they need to cut people.   Girls that aren't doing anything wrong, but just aren't their favorites for whatever reason - those are sad and usually come out of nowhere for the girl.

• Love 4
(edited)

Good point @MyFavShows. It also seems like sometimes a person who looked fine before starts to stick out when weaker people get cut and aren't around anymore.

No vets cut yet. I wonder if there's anyone still on the bubble?

Edited by MaryWebGirl
51 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I don't think looking really young is a good thing for an NFL cheerleader.   They are an entertainment group that's designed to have sex appeal to adult male football fans - looking like a teenager is not a good thing becuase it will be awkward for the male fans to see them dancing in that revealing/sexy uniform - they won't know what to feel (if that makes sense?).   I think all DCC should look old enough to pass for 21 - they are supposed to be women, not girls IMO.

There is a very large difference between looking "really young" and "young"; a female who is 18 is indeed not a girl but a woman who is legally old enough to vote, get married, sign a binding contract and serve in the U.S. Military. As for men who "won't know how to feel": Didn't most of them have sexy girlfriends at age 18?

• Love 2

I think that between winning a Barbie and making Show Group, Madeline is not on Kelly or Judy's radar in a bad way. Last year she was a scared little girl who looked and acted that way. This year is her year. Perhaps getting cut last year was for the best. Believe me, guys are going to LOVE her girl next door prettiness and approachability.  

So this leaves me wondering about Heather Hamilton. I think she looks too young. Seriously, I would check her ID even if she wanted to see a PG-13 movie (I joke).  I haven't heard anything about this Heather other than she won a Barbie so I was surprised her name was not on the Show Group list. So many RC flying under the radar. I hope for them they pick a 40 member team. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

I think that between winning a Barbie and making Show Group, Madeline is not on Kelly or Judy's radar in a bad way. Last year she was a scared little girl who looked and acted that way. This year is her year. Perhaps getting cut last year was for the best. Believe me, guys are going to LOVE her girl next door prettiness and approachability.  

So this leaves me wondering about Heather Hamilton. I think she looks too young. Seriously, I would check her ID even if she wanted to see a PG-13 movie (I joke).  I haven't heard anything about this Heather other than she won a Barbie so I was surprised her name was not on the Show Group list. So many RC flying under the radar. I hope for them they pick a 40 member team. 

ahh so Heather did win a barbie! all i know is i thought she looked too young too but then when i saw her dancing next to Jennifer in that little interview Jennifer did...WOW.  She held her own and didn't look noticeably little to me. i'm hoping whatever makeover she got helped because she really is a fantastic performer. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

With only five cut so far and AT LEAST six left to go, the second half of training camp is likely to be twice as stressful as the first half.  Poor girls.  

They know the process going in. They know they're spot is tentative. They know they could get cut on day one or day last. I don't feel bad for them at all. That's the entertainment audition process. If they can't handle the stress maybe they shouldn't audition. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

SAME.  I'd love to think Kelli had Erica say in that interview it will be a squad of 34-36 and then surprise us by deciding they want a larger group! 

Especially since they took so many in to training camp! 

• Love 1

I hope they go with a bigger team this year - maybe 38. Last year had so many injuries that Emma (?) seemed like a permanent member instead of an all-star. Seems like it's a good idea to have a fuller team and sit a couple out if need be, or cut in season. Then again, that's why they have the all stars. Lol. I guess I don't know how to feel, and it's not like I normally disagree with the cuts they make. 

From last year's squad, I probably would have kept Taylor's lower kicks since I felt those weren't as bad as Cat's lack of power, but Cat brought the different in her gymnastic ability. And I miss Courtney's cute face! Oh the carnage of late TC cuts last year. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I hope they go with a bigger team this year - maybe 38. Last year had so many injuries that Emma (?) seemed like a permanent member instead of an all-star. Seems like it's a good idea to have a fuller team and sit a couple out if need be, or cut in season. Then again, that's why they have the all stars. Lol. I guess I don't know how to feel, and it's not like I normally disagree with the cuts they make. 

From last year's squad, I probably would have kept Taylor's lower kicks since I felt those weren't as bad as Cat's lack of power, but Cat brought the different in her gymnastic ability. And I miss Courtney's cute face! Oh the carnage of late TC cuts last year. 

Oh, carnage is the perfect choice of words for last year, last minute cuts. I absolutely love Courtney and wanted to see her make it so bad. What a cutie indeed.

• Love 1

That episode with all those cuts aired today on CMT. As with every time I see it, I said to myself: "you guys are going to be really sorry you cut to 34 and didn't keep Courtney and Taylor ..."

• Love 8

It sounds like there's a lot of talent this year between the very talented RCs and the vets who are coming into their own. To have to cut approximately 6 more is absolutely heart wrenching to think about it. I sure hope we don't have the issue of "not enough lockers". I always thought that sounded cheap coming a billion dollar organization. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 2134.dancer said:

They know the process going in. They know they're spot is tentative. They know they could get cut on day one or day last. I don't feel bad for them at all. That's the entertainment audition process. If they can't handle the stress maybe they shouldn't audition. 

Regardless of whether or not they know the process, that doesn't mean it's not stressful, especially when the cuts are so stretched out. I can imagine that that would make it even more stressful because the longer you're there the more attached you get to the idea. So yeah, I wouldn't say I necessarily feel sorry for them, but I'm sure they're all feeling a fair amount of stress over the possibility of being cut.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I used to agree about Heather, but then I saw the group picture Kacey Musgraves put on twitter (it won't let me upload it on here for some reason) and I think she looks great and blends in really well with all of the more "mature" looking candidates!! I think she could have the Jenna look..short and tiny but still "womanly" if that makes sense?

I think she has the same type of talent as Amy L (beautiful mixture of technique and power) so I really hope she makes it! 

Edited by AmberRP

Do we know why Bethanny was cut? Surprising if she was doing so well and looked great in the uniform.  The pictures also showed her kicking her face during kick line.  Bad cameos? Something else? 

(edited)

According to TXSTAR, they do have Friday-Monday off for the holiday, and I believe her.

For those asking who Bethany is, here's a pic.AAEAAQAAAAAAAAYGAAAAJGViYmNhMDA5LTExODMt

Edited by KellyAnn3
Changed wording to sound less snarky
  • Love 2

There's so many girls that I wish I knew how they were doing!! Khalyn, heather O., Heather H, Jesika, Sheridan, Brennan, Tess, Allie, tasha?? Have they been called in? Constantly praised? Criticized? Struggling? Never called in and a shoo in?? I just want to know! So many secrets 

• Love 6

I'm super excited that Kelli is doing so well! She's super cute and seems really sweet. If she does make the team, I wonder if she will be a one hit wonder. She was on the Mav's for a year and then didn't make it back the next year... 

51 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

I'm super excited that Kelli is doing so well! She's super cute and seems really sweet. If she does make the team, I wonder if she will be a one hit wonder. She was on the Mav's for a year and then didn't make it back the next year... 

didn't the Mavs cut a ton of girls that year though? some that had been there for years? i sort of remember hearing that it was kind of a shock some of the girls they didn't bring back. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

didn't the Mavs cut a ton of girls that year though? some that had been there for years? i sort of remember hearing that it was kind of a shock some of the girls they didn't bring back. 

Yes. At least, I think it was last year. 

19 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, I think that was the year that Kelli, Bonnie, Jamie, and at least one other girl were cut. Because it was such a massacre, I kind of got a vibe that it maybe wasn't even dance concerns but some sort of personality conflict or something. Apparently their director is extremely strict so that could be it.

It's not that Mallory is strict, it's that she's young (early 30's) for a director and acts like a high schooler. She gets involved in team drama and has favorites. Why do you think 3 dancers including their all star, the ONLY one who could speak Spanish, and the most popular/most talented auditioned for DCC?

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

It's not that Mallory is strict, it's that she's young (early 30's) for a director and acts like a high schooler. She gets involved in team drama and has favorites. Why do you think 3 dancers including their all star, the ONLY one who could speak Spanish, and the most popular/most talented auditioned for DCC?

Who are they?

21 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Ashley/Emily/Hunter.  

I think it's weird she's Sydney's bridesmaid, just seems all very cliquey.  Keeping Kathy D who was clearly out of shape and can't dance over talented dancers like Kelli just shows something fishy going on.  To get back on topic...go Kelli! 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Yes back to topic :) as I've said before I'm very happy for Kelli! I think a lot of people are!

Was Kelli the one who auditioned that one year and they featured her and then she kind of had a "uh oh, brain fart" moment during the combo and they commented "I couldn't tell she was a dance major today"?  Or am I thinking of someone else?