Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, JC123 said:

I'm on the lookout for a "God always has a plan/looking forward to the next step in my journey" post. 

I gotz to know!!! 

lol .. Emily R (is that the one with the stares?) always post those sayings about gd having a plan ... but I suspect that's just her and not DCC  related

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

So, does that mean Jenn K is point because she is Group 1?

It's not always the GL of 1 who gets it but I think this year it is...we've seen her as point in recent formations too. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

lol .. Emily R (is that the one with the stares?) always post those sayings about gd having a plan ... but I suspect that's just her and not DCC  related

Lol and Emily just posted something like thT on Instagram! Haha. Hmm. Could it be her? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bubbetv said:

I think that number was for the whole day, which would include at least one full run-through, and probably several practice runs of different pieces.

That makes more sense... Although it's pretty well documented those heart rate monitors aren't completely accurate. I'm sure they're burning a ton of calories, but over 3000? I'm doubtful. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

That makes more sense... Although it's pretty well documented those heart rate monitors aren't completely accurate. I'm sure they're burning a ton of calories, but over 3000? I'm doubtful. 

I go to 9 Round fitness and they say you usually burn up to 500 calories in a 30 minute session but my apple watch begs to differ.

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

I go to 9 Round fitness and they say you usually burn up to 500 calories in a 30 minute session but my apple watch begs to differ.

So much goes into determining calories burned... It's so individualized. But either way game day is a bad ass workout!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Lol and Emily just posted something like thT on Instagram! Haha. Hmm. Could it be her? 

Would they cut someone who's already been through training camp once this soon in the process? I feel like, if they do, then they never should have taken the girl in the first place.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Would they cut someone who's already been through training camp once this soon in the process? I feel like, if they do, then they never should have taken the girl in the first place.

You never know but I agree, it's more likely they'd let someone like her have a little more time

• Love 2

How long has TC been going on - three weeks? Four? Anyone who gets cut at this point has been given a fair shot at it. I don't see having been in training camp before as a reason to give someone more time. In fact, it might be a reason to give them less, because they should be better than they were before. Kelli and Judy already know what the weak areas are and what should have been fixed since the last time around. If those things still are a problem, they will know sooner, and in that case, why keep them around?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Since we are on the subject of physical fitness, do the girls actually dance the whole 4 1/2 hours or more at a football game. or is this something Kelli and Judy want the average fan and viewer of the show to believe.

I went to a game in 2011.  The girls do not dance the whole 4 1/2 hours and they let each girl in the group sit and have a drink of water during the game.  But there are on the field the whole time.  The toughest days are probably when there is a half time performance. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

Someone said Michelle keys was in Manhattan. She was at Valley Ranch last night! And it's going to be on MTT!! Woo 

That was me...she is back from NYC, clearly. I follow Michelle on Instagram and she was posting last week from NYC.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

How long has TC been going on - three weeks? Four? Anyone who gets cut at this point has been given a fair shot at it. I don't see having been in training camp before as a reason to give someone more time.

I so agree.  In earlier DCC: MTT, Judy and Kelli would talk about cuts on the second night of training camp (at least on the show it was referred to as the second night of camp).  They can tell by now I would think.

• Love 3

I agree to some degree, but also kind of don't- the schedule is pre planned. CMT doesn't randomly show up. So it's like they intentionally string them along and let pressure build up, or lead them on. 

But they should be cleaner now than 3 or 4 weeks ago and more familiar with the style of dance. 

• Love 1

Random thoughts on group pictures:

I'm glad for the girls that were chosen for both lead and assistant lead. I figured Jennifer as she was one last year, as well as Jenna and Jessica but want really sure about Danielle. I also have been a fan since her rookie year but I just wasn't sure she had the leadership qualities K & J are looking form(re her friendship with Paige). But they looked beyond that - good for her!  And a big YAY for Jinelle and Lacey - to me they might have been long shots (especially Lacey) but I'm very happy for her.  For Erica and Melissa, if they hadn't been selected I might have rioted!  ?

In looking at the group pictures there are some veterans that looked "thicker" than last year, but it could've been the angle of the picture. Example, I thought Robin almost looked square in her group photo, and while I know Holly works out like a fiend every day the angle she is standing, combined with how her shorts hit her, made her look like she had a belly.  

JMO.

Random thoughts on group pictures:

I'm glad for the girls that were chosen for both lead and assistant lead. I figured Jennifer as she was one last year, as well as Jenna and Jessica but want really sure about Danielle. I also have been a fan since her rookie year but I just wasn't sure she had the leadership qualities K & J are looking form(re her friendship with Paige). But they looked beyond that - good for her!  And a big YAY for Jinelle and Lacey - to me they might have been long shots (especially Lacey) but I'm very happy for her.  For Erica and Melissa, if they hadn't been selected I might have rioted!  ?

In looking at the group pictures there are some veterans that looked "thicker" than last year, but it could've been the angle of the picture. Example, I thought Robin almost looked square in her group photo, and while I know Holly works out like a fiend every day the angle she is standing, combined with how her shorts hit her, made her look like she had a belly.  

JMO.

updated to add - now bring on the cuts!!

Kind of left field, but slightly related:

ive been looking at last dmd prep class videos and they use a hashtag #dmd_pc16. @DMD_Katelyn looks like TCC Khalyn but a little shorter!

*if this isn't the correct place I fully understand just tell me where to go!

(edited)
21 hours ago, Mae18 said:

Hello everyone. Before I go on and say who I am, let me first start off by saying this forum was brought to my attention by someone who actively comments on it, and although I haven't been the "topic of discussion" so to say for many pages, I am now deciding to comment after a few days of going back and forth debating if I even should. I cannot in good conscience let it go without commenting. It is truly eating me alive. My name is Megan. Y'all were talking about a tweet I had tweeted a few weeks ago. I had stated that it was frustrating knowing I had worked so hard for something and had got cut, while girls who had auditioned on a whim were still there. I am not here to defend myself. I am here to simply and genuinely thank you guys for your comments. Y'all were so right. I sounded so immature, and entitled. I made myself look like a brat, and for that I am so embarrassed. Let me just say, I had no intentions of coming off the way I had in that tweet. The day of Preliminaries I met two women who told me they had signed up "oh a whim" to audition two days before the auditions started. That is where I got my words and feelings from. It was so wrong, and immature in every way. I completely understand if I have lost the respect of y'all, but try to understand I am only 18. I am learning everyday, I am only human. This was my first time auditioning for such a huge, and amazing organization at that. I was going through a lot emotions. Now that it has been about a month I can understand everything so much more clearly. Like I said in the beginning of this post, the fact that I sounded so immature is eating me alive. It makes me so upset knowing that's how y'all view me. But I would view myself that way too, looking at it from another persons perspective. That kind of attitude is exactly why I didn't make it farther in the auditions. I have no one to blame but myself. I do intend to audition again. I want to make the team eventually. Whether I do or not, you definitely won't see me acting like that or talking like that ever again. I have learned my lesson. And for that, I thank you guys. Please try not to view me so negatively after this. If you do, that is your decision. I have been reading everything y'all say and I respect your guys' comments very much. I will continue to read as well! This is going to be an amazing year for the squad, I can feel it! Have a great rest of the day, everyone :) 

How lovely of you to reach out to this board.  I’m an old lady in relation to you - I am probably older than your mom - and I just want to tell you that you have guts.  When I was your age, there is no way I would have had the self-confidence to even try to audition, not that I was ever dancer.  If there is one thing you should take away from this experience it’s this: whenever you get in front of a group of judges, they want you to succeed, not fail. There is an inherent want to like whomever is standing in front them. That is what you should think about each time you audition or interview for anything.  The expression, 'no one hits the bullseye with the first arrow’ comes to mind.  Trust me, we have all been there.

I wish you only the best in your journey and may all your dreams come true!

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 6

So still no word on who was cut? It's crazy how locked down things seem this year. I guess I don't get the point of trying to keep things hidden when the squad is always announced before the show airs anyway. Unless they're planning on not announcing the final team until the show airs?

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

So still no word on who was cut? It's crazy how locked down things seem this year. I guess I don't get the point of trying to keep things hidden when the squad is always announced before the show airs anyway. Unless they're planning on not announcing the final team until the show airs?

Looks like the first preseason HOME game  is 8/19.  Have we gotten a premier date for MTT?  Isn't this kinda early?

Edited by DCCFanInKy

It was not Emily who was cut yesterday evening. It was one of the multiple year auditioning Rookie Candidates. Another was given a serious warning and from what I was told she has 24-48 hours to change what they asked or she will be cut as well. So it seems our predictions of it being a strict cut week are coming to fruition.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, TXStar35 said:

It was not Emily who was cut yesterday evening. It was one of the multiple year auditioning Rookie Candidates. Another was given a serious warning and from what I was told she has 24-48 hours to change what they asked or she will be cut as well. So it seems our predictions of it being a strict cut week are coming to fruition.

I hope it wasn't Kelsey!

• Love 3

Even though I've been watching this show since the first 2 hour special, this is the first year I'm getting spoiled before the series premiere.  I swear, I'm more nervous to find out who's getting cut now than when I watch the show!  I sure hope it's not one of the girls I'm rooting for.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Whoever it is we'll more than likely see them at Mavs auditions. Did y'all see that Kathryn D is officially "retiring" (if you can call it that, she never danced really) from the DMD

What's the deal with her? Did the Mavs take her based on looks alone?

(edited)

It's got to be Amy, the others are much stronger than 'first cut' dancers.  Madeline was outside waiting so it definitely wasn't her. 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, 2134.dancer said:

Whoever it is we'll more than likely see them at Mavs auditions. Did y'all see that Kathryn D is officially "retiring" (if you can call it that, she never danced really) from the DMD

She never danced? Like she was injured or something else? 

8 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The Mavs dancers have to try out for each dance. Kathryn basically only danced on the nights the entire squad danced.

Wow really? That seems so strange. Is that how most nba cheer squads are?

1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

Why not just give us the names?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Moxiejan said:

Yeah...with you on this. If we can talk about who wasn't cut why can we not talk about who was? Kinda frustrating, lol.

Out of the multiple year auditionees, I would assume Kyndall, Amy, or Whitney would be the most susceptible to early cuts, but what do I know? I've always thought Kelli Quinn was a dynamite dancer, but she hasn't made it in years past and was cut from the Mavs. I really hope it wasn't her or Kelsey. :(

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Does anyone have a list of the multi year auditioning rookie candidates?  

Selena, Kyndall, Amy, Kelli...can't remember them all!

I'm going to throw my guess in the ring and go with Jackie. If she won the fan vote but didn't get the judges vote, then I can see it being her. 

Last year I got the impression that Kellie was biting at the bit to cut Colby. I wondered if it was because for the first time ever there was a woman at TC that the fans passed through without getting the judges agreement like Vivian and Loren. 

I wish TxStar would give us a Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner if any of us have guessed correctly. I'll keep my fingers crossed she gives us another good hint. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

2 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Yeah...with you on this. If we can talk about who wasn't cut why can we not talk about who was? Kinda frustrating,

Out of respect to her since having met her before and had multiple conversations with her I am holding off till she feels she wants to say something. To her this has been a life long journey and dream and it takes more than a night to get over that, and she is knowledgeable to this forum. So till I am confident that she is emotionally more stable I would rather wait. Yall may not agree with my reasoning but like I said this has and is a life long dream to her and for majority of this forum its just a show. (not hating or making snide comments like some might assume I meant with my last statement)

1 minute ago, TiaGrace said:

I wish TxStar would give us a Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner if any of us have guessed correctly. I'll keep my fingers crossed she gives us another good hint. 

Can I say "bum! bum! bum!" instead? HA! Kidding.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Out of respect to her since having met her before and had multiple conversations with her I am holding off till she feels she wants to say something. To her this has been a life long journey and dream and it takes more than a night to get over that, and she is knowledgeable to this forum. So till I am confident that she is emotionally more stable I would rather wait. Yall may not agree with my reasoning but like I said this has and is a life long dream to her and for majority of this forum its just a show. (not hating or making snide comments like some might assume I meant with my last statement)

I don't disagree with that at all. It's more the, "It wasn't this person but I can't say who it is," that is frustrating. You must understand that as an outsider who is a big fan, it's frustrating to not know! Heh. I'd almost rather names not be named until we know who it is, but I know that we can't always get what we want. :)

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Wow really? That seems so strange. Is that how most nba cheer squads are?

No. Not every team requires the team to audition for each performance. The NBA teams that I am aware of all have more dancers on the team than they put on the court. The NBA has 40 home games a season, and  the schedule is so nuts that games fall on every day of the week. It would be difficult for someone with a regular job to also be a dancer. The teams I know about rotate the dancers in and out of the games so few if any have to work every single home game.There is at least one team in the NFL (the Bengals) who require their cheerleaders to audition before every home game. Those who don't make the cut visit the suites and do appearances during the game.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, JC123 said:

Someone said Michelle keys was in Manhattan. She was at Valley Ranch last night! And it's going to be on MTT!! Woo 

I noticed she was in NYC. I would have totally fan girled her if I ran into her here

Edited by Beana8
1 hour ago, 2134.dancer said:

Could be tiny Kelli

I think it was her. I think she's beautiful but just doesn't have the DCC look. She reads a little older than the average DCC. I was surprised they brought her into training camp this year.

• Love 1