Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, JC123 said:

HOLD UP. Jenna's hair is a weave?!?! 

She definitely has some pieces in; I think she has some leave-out though like Mia and Jackie did.

1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think nearly all of them have some sort of weave, extensions, etc. 

Especially the BGs. They can't wash their hair everyday, so it's definitely a more protective way to maintain their natural hair. Robin and Auto RBF Amy (lol I just wanted to say that) have full weaves/sew-ins.

• Love 1

Tasha had tape-in extensions. I saw them clearly in one of the photos from auditions. Her roots were sweaty so her hair had separated and you could see the entire strip of tape contrasting against her roots. (Was it necessary for them to post that photo? LOL). I hope Kelli made her get rid of them. Or got better-looking ones. Presumably Tangerine is footing the bill, so I hope they gave her the high quality stuff.

4 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Y'all, the poor girl can't smile every second of the day.  I don't see that as RFB, just her listening intently (as many of us would do if people around us were deciding what was going to be done with our hair, and we had little say in the matter).

I'm so glad you said that. I was thinking the same. I respect all opinions, but I honestly can appreciate the fact that she is not all smiley all the time because if she were then some might call her phony. She needs to show some depth to her personality, can't be the life of the party all the time. It seemed like they were there late so maybe she was tired as well. I really like Amy and I hope she is able to be herself throughout this process..smile or no smile. 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, JC123 said:

I was going to say that. I don't think Jenna's hair is a weave. She is bi-racial and 99% of the time the hair texture is different and grows faster. She might have a few clip pieces for depth but IMO most of it is her own.

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, JC123 said:

I don't think Jenna or Jacie have weaves. I don't think Mia does either. Jackie definitely did although right now it looks like she's rocking her own hair. Robin has one and Jasmine had one too. And I'm sure many of the other girls also have weaves and clip ins added for length and volume. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Does DCC go to a different salon each year?

i have always wondered whether each girl is responsible to pay to maintain the hair style, color etc that is chosen for them or whether DCC pays for that during the season. Depending on the hair that they give you it could get very expensive!  how about the fake tans they have to maintain?  Who pays for that?

Edited by MamaV
  • Love 2

Seasons 6-8 at least (I don't remember seasons 1-5) they were at Premiere Atellier (sp?). And I think Premiere was used for 1-5 too because I remember their manager, Reiner (sp?), was always at auditions. He left the salon for whatever reason after Season 7. Then they had the new manager, Johnny, but the same salon S8.

S9 they moved to Halcyon days and were also there S10. Now it's Tangerine's. I find it interesting that after Reiner (sp?) left they started salon hopping. I'm sure there's a story there.

29 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The Swimsuit Calendar Magazine is out, and it looks like Erica is the cover girl. 

Ahhh!! So awesome!! Go Erica!!! Her picture was stunning...her body is flawless.  

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, MamaV said:

Anyone else think the first cut will happen this week?

Considering it's week 3, they're going to have to start making some cuts, especially since they took so many in to TC.

Heard very briefly from Kelsey...she said they are on pretty strict lockdown on what they share on social media this year so yeah, that's prob why everyone is too nervous to post anything.  It's disappointing for us LOL but I totally get it!  I imagine we'll be able to figure out some of it when girls who are let go post back at home, etc.  Cuts start for sure this week. :-/  

I am so excited to see her makeover!! 

• Love 4
On June 11, 2016 at 2:15 PM, TXStar35 said:

Allow me to clear one thing up, I did not say that no one wanted Emily in TC. I said she is widely disliked I never specified by whom individually. The judges have their opinion, as do the fans, as do you and I. Neither of which makes the next wrong or right, so if someone dislikes Emily or Caila or heck even Kelli it doesn't mean that word is law. So I don't want yall to think its a conspiracy to just bring her back for "that drama", if they see possible potential then best of luck to her. I personally don't see her making the team.

Remember don't look too deep into someone's comments or speculation, after all they are just that as of now till the final team is announced! :)

I think it's Kelli who isn't a fan. Kelli carries herself with a level of class and even though I can't put my finger on why I just don't think Emily measures up. She's a beautiful girl and has talent. But the DCC quality is missing.

On June 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Bailey3606 said:

Emily is my friend Dustin's gf (They met on tinder). I have met her once out in uptown but we didn't really talk much. She is very pretty but she wears a ton of makeup. Dustin posts snapchats of her pretty much daily and she always has a full face of makeup, even when they go camping and four-wheeling. 

I can't really speak on her dancing but I honestly wouldn't mind if she made the team. 

What's his snapchat?

I'm kind of shocked Erica won, I was rooting for Lacey and Jenn K to be a vet on the cover. I thought maybe Jinelle would get it because she had so many people voting but Erica is a good choice.

I am the lone reed here who did not like Lacey's picture. I think she is one of the most beautiful photogenic girls on the squad but her pic was blah to me.  It was awkward posing and her face looked shadowed.  I wouldn't have minded Jennifer getting it! though I think she does not promote herself enough. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Y'all, the poor girl can't smile every second of the day.  I don't see that as RFB, just her listening intently (as many of us would do if people around us were deciding what was going to be done with our hair, and we had little say in the matter).

I agree. Looks like she's concentrating. I often get accused of making a "mad face." It's just my face lol. I'm one of the most upbeat people you'd meet. People always say they're surprised. I've even tried correcting it. My face just naturally frowns and I have a forehead crinkle that never goes away. I feel for her. She seems sweet. 

T

• Love 4

I think Erica looks beautiful on the cover! I agree with others that some of the photo options were not the best of the girls. Jenna is gorgeous and so photogenic, for instance, but it wasn't a fab cover photo, partly because of the background. Has anyone seen the swimsuit issue? I'm curious about the other photos they picked from the shoot. I also wonder how much scrambling they have to do to adjust the swimsuit issue and calendars to account for cutting vets. I don't really imagine Kat would have made the calendar (as others have said, she's so skinny--even Judy thinks so and she never thinks girls are too thin), but Caila could have made the sidelines or swimsuit calendar, and I think they try to get at least one pic of each DCC in the magazine. I thought Caila looked fit in postings from the Mexico trip, so I just can't imagine what happened in a few weeks, but she definitely looked less toned by auditions. 

As for cuts this week, I think others are right to expect them. I'm betting on Emily being the first to go. I thought she was the worst in the videos. I also thought Kendall still looked weak, so I hope she's a better "take-home girl" this year. I appreciated how much Kelli and Judy admired her supporting herself and how hard she works, so I hope they give her time in camp. I would love to be wrong about this, but I don't see her making the team. I really like her though, so I'll be rooting for the underdog! 

Is Melissa still a showmanship coach? I read she just had another baby, and didn't see anything about her judging at auditions, so I wondered if she was doing it this year. 

Sorry if I'm asking old questions! I haven't been on here for so long, and I did read back at least 10 forum pages, but I feel like I'm missing some things. 

29 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I think Erica looks beautiful on the cover! I agree with others that some of the photo options were not the best of the girls. Jenna is gorgeous and so photogenic, for instance, but it wasn't a fab cover photo, partly because of the background. Has anyone seen the swimsuit issue? I'm curious about the other photos they picked from the shoot. I also wonder how much scrambling they have to do to adjust the swimsuit issue and calendars to account for cutting vets. I don't really imagine Kat would have made the calendar (as others have said, she's so skinny--even Judy thinks so and she never thinks girls are too thin), but Caila could have made the sidelines or swimsuit calendar, and I think they try to get at least one pic of each DCC in the magazine. I thought Caila looked fit in postings from the Mexico trip, so I just can't imagine what happened in a few weeks, but she definitely looked less toned by auditions. 

As for cuts this week, I think others are right to expect them. I'm betting on Emily being the first to go. I thought she was the worst in the videos. I also thought Kendall still looked weak, so I hope she's a better "take-home girl" this year. I appreciated how much Kelli and Judy admired her supporting herself and how hard she works, so I hope they give her time in camp. I would love to be wrong about this, but I don't see her making the team. I really like her though, so I'll be rooting for the underdog! 

Is Melissa still a showmanship coach? I read she just had another baby, and didn't see anything about her judging at auditions, so I wondered if she was doing it this year. 

Sorry if I'm asking old questions! I haven't been on here for so long, and I did read back at least 10 forum pages, but I feel like I'm missing some things. 

I don't think there's any word yet on Melissa. She did just have her baby last month though.

• Love 1

There was a picture of Melissa on her twitter page where it looks like she was being filmed for the show. She may be coming back in a more limited time since she has three little ones at home. I do believe seeing Caila in the swimsuit magazine last year, and I think she may have been in the twelve year calendar, but I am not sure. Btw, did anyone else notice the pictures of the group leaders in the background of the one pictures of all the vets with Erica and a copy of the swimsuit magazine. They have not announced group leaders yet since I can see last year's group leaders in the pictures.

(edited)

Honestly I don't think Melissa is the best choice for that role. Don't get me wrong; I've always been a Melissa fan. When she was on MTT and DWTS I loved her and rooted for her, but she wasn't a DCC long enough to make that much of an impact in the organization. She wasn't a group leader, she wasn't point, she wasn't an All-Star. As harsh as this sounds, I think she was simply a talented dancer in a long line of dancers that used DCC as a stepping stone. More power to her for that, but IMO, she isn't the best choice to coach these candidates.

Bring in any of the point dancers or an All-Star. Nicole Hamilton, Megan Fox, Justine Phillips-Orf, Crystal Trevino, Lauren Williams come to mind, and I'm sure there are a few others that would really do the job well, and be of the right age to still be considered a peer.

If you're going to keep saying how the talent level is the best you've ever seen, then match that talent with coaches who were among the best DCC's you ever had. 

Edited by Java
Just saw someone post MR is filming. ...smh...
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Java said:

Honestly I don't think Melissa is the best choice for that role. Don't get me wrong; I've always been a Melissa fan. When she was on MTT and DWTS I loved her and rooted for her, but she wasn't a DCC long enough to make that much of an impact in the organization. She wasn't a group leader, she wasn't point, she wasn't an All-Star. As harsh as this sounds, I think she was simply a talented dancer in a long line of dancers that used DCC as a stepping stone. More power to her for that, but IMO, she isn't the best choice to coach these candidates.

Bring in any of the point dancers or an All-Star. Nicole Hamilton, Megan Fox, Justine Phillips-Orf, Crystal Trevino, Lauren Williams come to mind, and I'm sure there are a few others that would really do the job well, and be of the right age to still be considered a peer.

If you're going to keep saying how the talent level is the best you've ever seen, then match that talent with coaches who were among the best DCC's you ever had. 

These are all points we've made on here; however, we're very aware that Melissa has a "bigger" more well known name to the masses than even their best DCCs. I think the majority of the posters on here feel other veterans should have been chosen, but for whatever reason they weren't. (Well, we know the reasons, but still..)

• Love 3

Nicole lives in Las Vegas, Crystal moves around because her husband is in the military, and I think Lauren does not live in the Dallas area. I think Melissa has a contract with CMT because she had her own show with her husband, was on Redneck Island this past season, and of course, Making the Team. I remembered reading an article where Melissa said she was ask to be a judge, and someone from CMT ask her if she wanted to stay on and help girls she thought had a chance to make the team. I think she was brought on by CMT and not Kelli, Judy or Charlotte. I often wonder how the three of them feel about her since she wrote a few unkind things about DCC and the organization in her book (especially the part about leaving and then coming back a few times, and the mean girls picking on her.) She would not have been my first choice to be a mentor, and I wonder if the girls who may be on the bubble actually want her help. Personally, I would rather go to a vet like Jenna or Jennifer or a retired DCC who is a dance instructor like Mia or Sarah G.

(edited)
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

Melissa's IG shows her taking a pic with herself as a DCC and the caption says..."back at my old stomping grounds....and look who's still on the wall!!!" The picture was taken yesterday, so I'm sure she will be involved. I'm not sure if her IG is private but its melrystrick. 

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

There was a picture of Melissa on her twitter page where it looks like she was being filmed for the show. She may be coming back in a more limited time since she has three little ones at home. I do believe seeing Caila in the swimsuit magazine last year, and I think she may have been in the twelve year calendar, but I am not sure. Btw, did anyone else notice the pictures of the group leaders in the background of the one pictures of all the vets with Erica and a copy of the swimsuit magazine. They have not announced group leaders yet since I can see last year's group leaders in the pictures.

oh for love of all things, just stay home Melissa!  please please please give up your 15min! Kudos to you for dragging that all the way out to year and years  ($$$$) but please stop.  Let someone who will actually add value be on the show

• Love 4

I imagine that as long as being on the show adds value to her bank account, Melissa will do it as long as she can! 

It definitely would be cool to see some of the TTCs work with stellar vets or retired vets this season. I recall seeing episode extras of rookies working with them & always wish for more of that instead of product plugs (ie Real Fit Foods) or a stupid parental intervention. I remember an extra of Audrea (?) working with Kalli on her kicks, & maybe of Jackie working with Jasmine, & I enjoyed seeing Loren working with Simone & Courtney last year. 

Since learning on here that K&J aren't at all the rehearsals, I'm also now more interested in seeing a rehearsal led by group leaders. I prefer all of that to Melissa therapy sessions, but I must say, I think her interventions (filming the rookies from the top of the stadium etc) seemed more useful last year than her first year. 

Someone upthread, from England I believe, asked someone to purchase & send the swimsuit issue to her (or him) abroad. I believe that you can purchase single issues of Star online,  as opposed to a digital subscription, so you may be able to get just that issue, all without having to to leave your couch or waiting for the mail. 

I think it was in Season 3 they had a scene or extra scene where Megan Fox was working with the TC candidates. I would rather see former DCCs working with TC candidates than Melissa telling a candidate to smile or not be afraid in front of Kelli and Judy. The one scene with Madeline last year in the third episode was so painful to watch because it looked so staged. At least they do not show the scenes where a candidate meets up with a veteran and they discussed how to deal with the stress. B*O*R*IIII*NNNN*GGGG*!!!!

Hello All! Happy to report no cuts last night just a few meetings in the office (not the same three girls as week 1), so it seems we probably wont see cuts till after uniform fittings this weekend. This does not shock me since its hard to make clear cuts without seeing the girl in to uniform prototype before cameos. My guess is we will see first cut Monday night of next week.

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Hello All! Happy to report no cuts last night just a few meetings in the office (not the same three girls as week 1), so it seems we probably wont see cuts till after uniform fittings this weekend. This does not shock me since its hard to make clear cuts without seeing the girl in to uniform prototype before cameos. My guess is we will see first cut Monday night of next week.

since there have been several girls called in, can you give us a hint at who some of them are (or aren't)?

48 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Any vets called in or were they all rookie TCC?