Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Remember don't look too deep into someone's comments or speculation, after all they are just that as of now till the final team is announced! :)

Hahahahaaaaa you KNOW we're going to be reading into pretty much everything you say TX!

thanks for clarifying :-) Sorry if you perceive that I took liberties with your words!

• Love 2
On 5/21/2016 at 10:10 PM, omgtv said:

On 5/21/2016 at 10:10 PM, omgtv said:

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the group but I've long been a DCC fan. With that being said, please forgive the mistakes I make while posting because I'm dying to ask everyone this question; Am I the only one who thought the TCC were all made up, glammed up, etc. every night at training camp? I also wondered how K&J kept such a hectic schedule being there every night until I learned on here that their not. Hello, let me introduce myself....my name is Gullible. LOL!

Sorry, I didn't know how to get rid of the boxes. 

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, NFLSweethearts said:

Do any of the girls vets or TCC have snapchats accounts? I'd love to follow more of them on there.

Holly is hpdance

tasha is Tasha_smedley

Edited by dccfan37
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

So is it obvious that Emily's longer hair is extensions?  I really can't tell - lol!  I have naturally thick hair that grows like a weed - like if I were to deliberately try to grow it out (stop getting 2-3 inches cut off every time I went to the salon) I'm sure in 6-9 months time my hair would get as long as Emily's when it's probably just a little longer than Erica's now.  Emily's hair seems really thick so I just assumed it was similar to mine.

I wonder if people think my hair is extensions?  Lol.  

Her hair looks like it has some kind of extensions in to me. I could be wrong, and it could just be that her hair is damaged and overprocessed, but I think either way she needs to lose some length and she needs a major change in color. Her hair is a lot of the reason I don't personally dig her look, combined with the many layers of make up shellacked on her face. It's just too much for me. Hence I'm in lady love with Heather O, who has a much more natural look.

Edited by Oranaiche
1 hour ago, Sandiedog said:

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to the group but I've long been a DCC fan. With that being said, please forgive the mistakes I make while posting because I'm dying to ask everyone this question; Am I the only one who thought the TCC were all made up, glammed up, etc. every night at training camp? I also wondered how K&J kept such a hectic schedule being there every night until I learned on here that their not. Hello, let me introduce myself....my name is Gullible. LOL!

I am with you. the show makes it look like K+J are there every night. K has said that TCC need to be camera-ready at each practice. I would look like a wet dog if I had to "glam up" every night and dance (sweat) in the Texas heat.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Allow me to clear one thing up, I did not say that no one wanted Emily in TC. I said she is widely disliked I never specified by whom individually. The judges have their opinion, as do the fans, as do you and I. Neither of which makes the next wrong or right, so if someone dislikes Emily or Caila or heck even Kelli it doesn't mean that word is law. So I don't want yall to think its a conspiracy to just bring her back for "that drama", if they see possible potential then best of luck to her. I personally don't see her making the team.

Remember don't look too deep into someone's comments or speculation, after all they are just that as of now till the final team is announced! :)

So did Emily win the fan vote and that's why she's there?

(edited)
4 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

Speaking about Emily, I am reminded about the other girls that have tried out before and have not made it to trading camp. I recall when I saw the training camp rookie candidates, I wondered  if it was going to be show subject. 

Does anyone have a breakdown of which training camp rookies have tried out multiple times? I believe Auto Amy has tried out at least 3 times, Kelsey L. at least 3 times, and Emily too?

I want to add that I am a fan of all the girls who keep trying to make this team. I find it inspiring that even when these girls get knocked down, they get up and are ready for another round. To the girls like Emily, Selina, and Madeline I find them extra inspiring. To have gotten knocked out, and then get back in the ring and go another 15 rounds is simply admiring.

There are too many to mention.  There was a girl in either the 2 hour special or MTT 1 that tried out 13 times I believe (she was interviewed that season for the show but then I saw her in the crowd outside when waiting to hear prelim results).  I believe she was the most.  THAT WOULD BE FUN TRIVIA FOR THE MTT WEBSITE!!!!  But, well, let’s not go there.....

I didn’t really answer your question TiaGrace...sorry about that.

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sunnydays5691 said:
2 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

I am with you. the show makes it look like K+J are there every night. K has said that TCC need to be camera-ready at each practice. I would look like a wet dog if I had to "glam up" every night and dance (sweat) in the Texas heat.

A little off topic but back in the day (on TWOP), someone posted that Kelli had her hair and makeup done by the DCC salon for each tv appearance. Just a little unconfirmed gossip on a rainy day in LA!

• Love 1

I totally forgot about the fan vote! I hope it doesn't get this secretive every season from here on out.. like 80% of the fun of this all is speculating and chatting, and like 20% of the fun is actually watching the show haha

• Love 2
(edited)
7 minutes ago, caligirl50 said:

A little off topic but back in the day (on TWOP), someone posted that Kelli had her hair and makeup done by the DCC salon for each tv appearance. Just a little unconfirmed gossip on a rainy day in LA!

Haha, I would probably do the same if I had to regularly go on national television, and I'd probably still look terrible on screen. I'm not good at hair/make up, so it would be the only option if I wanted to look presentable.

Re: all the quietness on social media -- it sounds like there haven't been any cuts yet so I'm not sure what there is to find out yet? I'm sure some of the Internet sleuths here will be able to get their hands on some kind of info after cuts start happening. Accounts will come off private, etc.

Edited by Oranaiche
(edited)

Fan vote? normally these girls post about absolutely everyyyyyyyyyything so them all being soooo silent is weird 

guess I'm just nosey ?

They have to cut someone next week surely? Or they'll have to cut like 5 people in one night like that bloodbath night last year.. Although I won't lie that did make excellent TV 

Edited by JC123
8 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Fan vote? normally these girls post about absolutely everyyyyyyyyyything so them all being soooo silent is weird 

guess I'm just nosey ?

They have to cut someone next week surely? Or they'll have to cut like 5 people in one night like that bloodbath night last year.. Although I won't lie that did make excellent TV 

Sure, but the fan vote is a small detail. Just saying that when there haven't even been cuts yet, there's really no way to find all that much out. 

Emily is my friend Dustin's gf (They met on tinder). I have met her once out in uptown but we didn't really talk much. She is very pretty but she wears a ton of makeup. Dustin posts snapchats of her pretty much daily and she always has a full face of makeup, even when they go camping and four-wheeling. 

I can't really speak on her dancing but I honestly wouldn't mind if she made the team. 

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, caligirl50 said:

There are too many to mention.  There was a girl in either the 2 hour special or MTT 1 that tried out 13 times I believe (she was interviewed that season for the show but then I saw her in the crowd outside when waiting to hear prelim results).  I believe she was the most.  THAT WOULD BE FUN TRIVIA FOR THE MTT WEBSITE!!!!  But, well, let’s not go there.....

I didn’t really answer your question TiaGrace...sorry about that.

Thanks Caligirl! That is some fun trivia. I have only seen seasons 5 thru 10. 

Last week I saw the auditions of season 8 on cmt. I saw Kelli Quinn, who looks very different now. And I think I saw a glimpse of Kelsey L. which would make it this year her 4th trying out. That is some determination. 

Edited by TiaGrace

I don't believe everyone dislikes Emily.  Brittany Schramm helped with her solo (as a friend, not as a paid professional) and we know how much Brittany was/is loved by her teammates which would indicate she is a good judge of character. 

That said, I think she still has a frozen face and isn't the best dancer so don't believe she will ultimately make the final team. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm seeing a few "Camp DCC" posts with vets tagged on Twitter...wonder if they even HAD Training Camp this week or at least since this past Wednesday while K&J were in Nashville?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
changed wording a little
32 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm seeing a few "Camp DCC" posts with vets tagged on Twitter...wonder if they even HAD Training Camp this week or at least since this past Wednesday while K&J were in Nashville?

They had TC until Thursday! :)

6 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

Allow me to clear one thing up, I did not say that no one wanted Emily in TC. I said she is widely disliked I never specified by whom individually. The judges have their opinion, as do the fans, as do you and I. Neither of which makes the next wrong or right, so if someone dislikes Emily or Caila or heck even Kelli it doesn't mean that word is law. So I don't want yall to think its a conspiracy to just bring her back for "that drama", if they see possible potential then best of luck to her. I personally don't see her making the team.

I'm from the north Dallas area. I'm actually hanging out at Cadillac Pizza in McKinney at this moment. I've talked to a few tcc, but definitely not an insider. I love your updates. I always said my stroke wish would be getting to hang out with the DCC. So if you need a buddy, I'm there! ?? haha seriously though I just love all the girls and I try not to read into pictures and things. Plus, holly is a ginger, like me, so I cut her a bit of a slack.

have a great night!

• Love 4

Once again a few reminders. If someone annoys or upset you, use the ignore feature, step away for awhile, and do not engage. Also, if a mod hides or delete your post, do not bring up the topic you were bringing up in the hidden or deleted post. Not everyone will agree with you, so try to remember this fact while responding or before hitting the submit reply. Posts will be hidden, deleted, or edited at the discretion of the mods. Also, non-warning notices will be given with the possibility of violation points and suspension. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I just don't understand how Emily made TC if she's as widely disliked as TXStar posted,  if her dancing abilities aren't amazing. 

sometimes Keli and Judi override the judges scored for girls who they really like. Like k. A. T. H. R. Y. N. D. U. N. N. And way back with Loni and Kelli Jo. They wanted them for their looks but they knew damn well they couldn't dance. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

sometimes Keli and Judi override the judges scored for girls who they really like. Like k. A. T. H. R. Y. N. D. U. N. N. And way back with Loni and Kelli Jo. They wanted them for their looks but they knew damn well they couldn't dance. 

Yeah, I just don't see that happening with Emily. She's pretty, but not pageant beauty queen like KD. And she's definitely no Loni or Kelli Jo. Maybe. I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

15 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

In one episode in a speech to TCC, Kelly told the girls to be in full make up every night at training camp.  I argree it looks as if she is there every night but a former TCC said she was only there once a week.

• Love 1

Whoever is point in that picture has a fat roll.  Wow.   I'm so not a fan of Jen.  Erica should be point. 

Not a fan of Emily at all.   

Txstar.... Luv u!! Keep the info coming!!!!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Luvdallas said:

Whoever is point in that picture has a fat roll.  Wow.   I'm so not a fan of Jen.  Erica should be point. 

Thank you for the luv, but I do have to defend Jennifer K. I have seen her in person many times recently and she is fit as can be, and person no matter their weight (including kat) will have a "tummy" when they are bench or hunched over. Regarding Erica I do adore her but she is seniority wise below Jennifer and also coming back from an injury so I don't think point is the best spot for her! At least not this year ;)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

Thank you for the luv, but I do have to defend Jennifer K. I have seen her in person many times recently and she is fit as can be, and person no matter their weight (including kat) will have a "tummy" when they are bench or hunched over. Regarding Erica I do adore her but she is seniority wise below Jennifer and also coming back from an injury so I don't think point is the best spot for her! At least not this year ;)

Ooo, really thought they'd put Melissa in front 3 to have a blonde but I have to say...I'd be SO happy if Erica was up there!! 

Jennifer 100% deserves point and thank you, txstar, for pointing out that we all have a roll when we lean over, etc.! Most people need their organs to go somewhere when they move around ;) #teamjennifer 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Luvdallas said:

I'm with you! Team Erica!! Love her! She, Danielle, Lacey, and Kashara are my favorites. I loved Loren. 

I'm indifferent toward Emily. My eyes kind of do the "crazy" thing sometimes.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ooo, really thought they'd put Melissa in front 3 to have a blonde but I have to say...I'd be SO happy if Erica was up there!! 

Jennifer 100% deserves point and thank you, txstar, for pointing out that we all have a roll when we lean over, etc.! Most people need their organs to go somewhere when they move around ;) #teamjennifer 

Haha ok well I snorted. My organs have LOTS of room.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Haha ok well I snorted. My organs have LOTS of room.

haha well i always see these thin girls on IG like "omg, need to cut out food, my stomach rolls when i sit and my thighs are HUGE when i'm sitting!" and i'm thinking, really? where would you like your muscles, organs, vessels to go when you sit or lean over? disappear? LOL i digress...one of my pet peeves. 

• Love 7

I took a closer look at the one picture and at the tagged users. It looks like the girls were Holly, Megan, Amy T, Jenna, Lacey, Robin, Jennifer, Erica, KaShara and Amy L. I like and adore Danielle, but I do not think she has what it takes to be point girl, but she probably has a good shot at being a group leader and Show Group this year.

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

In one episode in a speech to TCC, Kelly told the girls to be in full make up every night at training camp.  I argree it looks as if she is there every night but a former TCC said she was only there once a week.

Yup, and cut the one girl bc she was late for a fitting and with no makeup.

I'm thinking in one of Kali Fullerton's blogs several years ago, she said Kelli wasn't there every night.

Point girl - Jenn so deserves it. She's an amazing dancer, beautiful, poised, and in great shape. I don't know how you could even see a fat roll in that pic, but none of these girls have them. When you're moving, especially leaning over, skin, muscle, etc., have to go somewhere. Skin doesn't retract, so any person is going to have some 'folds' to some extent. I can't see them on anybody in that pic.

Erica for point next year would be awesome!

• Love 2

TXStar35, I have a few questions. Any ideas on who the All-Stars will be for the coming season? Is Phil adorable in person as he is on the show? Is Miss Kitty scary or is it an act for the show? She is always sweet when she answers my questions on her twitter page.

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

TXStar35, I have a few questions. Any ideas on who the All-Stars will be for the coming season? Is Phil adorable in person as he is on the show? Is Miss Kitty scary or is it an act for the show? She is always sweet when she answers my questions on her twitter page.

All Stars I have no heard a confirmed roster, I have heard many speculations of who is and isn't. I know Jacie opted out and has since auditioned for the Rockettes I was last told she made it to the finals round. I didn't think to ask if she made it or not but cant see why she wouldn't. Mr. Phil is a big ole teddy bear! He is so kind and humorous! He will talk to anyone anytime, and he loves hugs! Miss Kitty lordy Miss Kitty! She's a pistol in the best way imaginable! She's as blunt as can be but its only to better the situation or person. She is a sweetheart through and through, but don't ask her a question if you really don't want the honest answer and the answer can be seen as "mean" because she is so honest! As to personalities and "roles" Kelli and Judy get a lot of talk about being too serious or judgmental. They are the opposite! There is always some kind of laughter and sassy (in the best way) remarks being made ha! Away from DCC and the cameras they are normal mamas with normal family issues and embarrassingly funny stories. If yall ever get the chance to meet them you will be shocked on how personable they truly are.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

It's Rookie makeovers! Excited to see who comes out looking completely different and hopefully squad ready!

With all the hype about Hunter B. I was sure just by that she would make it to TC where I had her pegged for an epic makeover transformation. IMO, her stark blonde hair really washed her real beauty out. Just some rich, darker color in her hair would have added depth and been a total game changer. I was really looking forward to seeing it but oh well...maybe next year. 

• Love 2

In the discussion about how Kelli and Judy are normal and have regular families, I have read Kelli's blog which is very self deprecating humor.  I think if I worked for DCC, we might be friends!  Ok, I can wish but hey I am retiring from academic life in 9 days so I am available to work from home in the Midwest!!

• Love 3

Hello all! It's been ages since I posted but I've enjoyed reading the forum all the same. Regarding point girl, I agree that Jennifer has earned it, and think Erica, Jenna, Lacey, or Melissa would be the contenders after Jenn retires (someone here said maybe she'll be done after 4 seasons). I love that Jenna & Erica are in the triangle (I've loved them both since they auditioned & want to see them both get group leader--like others on here, I expect/hope Jenna to be a leader this year & Erica a 2nd.). I think those 3 look great dancing together. I'm a big fan of Lacey & Melissa as well, & truthfully, most of the vets who are returning. Still sad about a few who retired, especially Jacey, Ashley N, Holly, Mary, & Kinzie. 

As for TCC Emily, I am shocked that she made training camp but would be far more shocked if she made the team. I think she'll be among the first to get cut. I know nothing of her personality or popularity, so this is based on dancing alone. The girl just doesn't have the technique or showmanship, & last time she was on she was so clueless about her lack of technique. As others have noted, she still has thst frozen face-big eyed thing going on, and her audition video was not pleasant to watch. Looking through the pics of auditions this year, I was struck by the ugliness of her kicks. (I don't know where in the 100s of audition pics this is, but if I find it again I'll post the link here.) Her leg was up there but her foot was so, so flexed. No way she can kick beautifully in boots if she's like that in trainers. 

I'm rooting for Madeleine but don't think she'll make it, unless something drastically improves. I was disappointed in her audition video, as well as with Kendall's, who I'm also rooting for because she is such a hard worker & is humble & charming. I'm glad to see Whitney made camp, but I didn't see significant improvement in power or technique in her audition video over past years she's auditioned, so I'm not sure she'll make the cut.  I'm not a Kelsy fan. She's a beautiful girl & dancer, but I have no patience for folks who don't do their homework/research, especially when you have a whole year to learn something about football & the Cowboys. I wouldn't trust her on an appearance & would worry she'd reinforce the stereotype thst cheerleaders are dumb. In my opinion, the DCC have too many impressive young ladies to let her bring down the IQ pool. I'm totally confused on who's who among the other TCCs, but I recall that some of my favorite dancers from the audition videos may have been in need of more glamorous makeovers. I hope they go well today & that we get a few sneak peeks! There are some great dancers in the bunch, & this seems to be a major rebuilding year. 

Really hoping they address the Caila & Kat issues in the finals episode. It also would be great to get a peek at how vets get ready for auditions too--learning the audition combo a few days before finals, practicing solos, helping each other &/or new candidates out. It would be a nice way to get some screen time with some vets early on (many of us complain that we see too little of our favorite vets in the seasons after they make the team), & maybe could give a little insight into vet candidates who don't feel as confident going into auditions. Like, did Caila bust as much butt prepping for auditions as, say,  Megan or Jenna? 

• Love 1