Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

referring to Jenn K.  and her doing 4 or 5 years. I was told by a very reliable source that she as of now is only planning on doing 4 years this being her last so she can focus more on her home life and begin making a family. by all accounts she would and should be point of the pyramid. I am hoping that comes to fruition. I will say I'm happy they are working kick so early this year to ensure its a strong solid kick line since there were some kicks that weren't up to par in my opinion last year. I believe is saw I couple pages back someone asking if they would move to Frisco mid camp. The Star is scheduled to open August 5th after the squad is already chosen so I don't believe they will. I could see them doing a tour like they did in season 8 of the stadium, but we will see!

Interesting .. thanks for update TXStar.  I really hope she does more than 4 ... for some reason I always thought she was a lifer but she is married and has a different identity / goal than just "DCC".  How old is she? 

If this is her last year, I will be totally bummed and I hope she gets all the accolades she can this year because she deserves it.  Jenn K - if you read these boards, the people have spoken and they love ya kid! 

32 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

If they'd just eat healthy as a lifestyle they wouldn't have to do such crazy things. There are ways to lean out right before a shoot or audition that aren't awful as long as they eat clean as a regular lifestyle. 

But yeah, they must come back and live at Whataburger or something.

lol .. I want to live at Whataburger ... is that a real name / place???

• Love 6
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Looking at the Star Magazine Calendar Shoot Cover selection...Chantel looks like Nicole B. in her picture. Some of the girls look like their heads were put on someone else's body. I wonder who selects the twelve pictures and why did they pick certain ones. Lacey, Jinelle, Holly and Erica are my favorites.

I thought the exact same thing about Nicole and Chantel!

Did anyone else see Melissa Rycroft Strickland's latest instagram post filiming with Natalie Woods? Seems like she could be making an appearance on the show? 

I immediately thought of fatburger and thought it could of been a pun but googled it and whataburger is a real place lol

Am glad to see Caila is working with Jay as he always has something to say about those who are trying to come back from a previous time-"she beyond her expiration date or I'd rather take a rookie than someone who knows what to do and is bring that same lame game!"  At least is she does the work, she'll probably have him in her corner next year

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

I will say I'm happy they are working kick so early this year to ensure its a strong solid kick line since there were some kicks that weren't up to par in my opinion last year.

Just my opinion, but if the timeline on the show is accurate they really should work on the entrance earlier as well.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Just my opinion, but if the timeline on the show is accurate they really should work on the entrance earlier as well.

By entrance do you mean the across the field portion of Thunderstruck or something else?

(edited)
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Natalie Woods is a Field Producer for the show. She probably was working with Melissa.

Natalie Woods!!! There's a girl who has some looks +personality!! What does she do on the show? Is she going to coach girls who are struggling? I think she's hilarious and real, and would relax them and let them show some personality too!

Edited by GingerJ
Voice text errors
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Oh my gosh YES!!!! this kills me every year!!! Judy screaming at them and fretting they won't be ready by the next week and hello, just teach it earlier! lol or if i was a rookie i'd force the vets to practice it with me! 

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Natalie Woods is a Field Producer for the show. She probably was working with Melissa.

I didn't know that! cool...I always liked Natalie. 

4 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

referring to Jenn K.  and her doing 4 or 5 years. I was told by a very reliable source that she as of now is only planning on doing 4 years this being her last so she can focus more on her home life and begin making a family. by all accounts she would and should be point of the pyramid. I am hoping that comes to fruition. I will say I'm happy they are working kick so early this year to ensure its a strong solid kick line since there were some kicks that weren't up to par in my opinion last year. I believe is saw I couple pages back someone asking if they would move to Frisco mid camp. The Star is scheduled to open August 5th after the squad is already chosen so I don't believe they will. I could see them doing a tour like they did in season 8 of the stadium, but we will see!

Isn't her husband a pilot? I thought she mentioned that once...so yeah, they probably have crazy schedules right now, trying to figure out when they can see each other.  

The cool thing with Jennifer is, if she doesn't get point, she will be completely sweet and gracious to who does. 

• Love 4

Am glad to see Caila is working with Jay

This is also a very good strategic move on her part. If she was cut for weight, gets it together, comes back in better shape than ever, and has Jay to vouch for her effort, that would look very very good to Kelli and the other judges.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes, @TXStar35 I mean the Thunderstruck entrance from the tunnel.

Truthfully they make "across the field" look way more dramatic and complex to the viewers than it really is some struggle the first few times then catch on. Most of the "I didn't realize across the field would be this hard, its a lot more detailed than it seems" lines and etc. are fed to them. As are most of the lines they say ha! Just to add some tense moments for the show.

• Love 1

Haha now I feel like a real clutz!  I recall from my high school days of band front hitting those hashmarks on the counts we needed didn't always go as expected :)

• Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Haha now I feel like a real clutz!  I recall from my high school days of band front hitting those hashmarks on the counts we needed didn't always go as expected :)

My neighbors son does marching band and I've seen them perform and I know exactly what you mean! It looks extremely precise and a little intense as well!

Edited by TXStar35
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Truthfully they make "across the field" look way more dramatic and complex to the viewers than it really is some struggle the first few times then catch on. Most of the "I didn't realize across the field would be this hard, its a lot more detailed than it seems" lines and etc. are fed to them. As are most of the lines they say ha! Just to add some tense moments for the show.

You mean they actually feed them lines and not everything they say is genuine and comes from them?  I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TXStar35 said:

I always wonder why the wait until the end of training camp to teach the entrance.  I would imagine it would take me a while to figure out how to walk to that my foot hits the yard lines precisely and at the right count.

21 minutes ago, McGee43 said:

You mean they actually feed them lines and not everything they say is genuine and comes from them?  I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

That doesn't sound like true "reality" to me....sounds more "staged" and "scripted".

21 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

I always wonder why the wait until the end of training camp to teach the entrance.  I would imagine it would take me a while to figure out how to walk to that my foot hits the yard lines precisely and at the right count.

Because your spot in the entrance is based on your spot in Thunderstruck which is not known until the final cuts are made.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Natalie Woods!!! There's a girl who has some looks +personality!! What does she do on the show? Is she going to coach girls who are struggling? I think she's hilarious and real, and would relax them and let them show some personality too!

Natalie has been involved with the show for years. I'm not sure exactly what she does, but it's a behind-the-scenes job. Alyssa Torres was involved at one point too (after she was cut). She might still be, but I'm not sure on that.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Natalie has been involved with the show for years. I'm not sure exactly what she does, but it's a behind-the-scenes job. Alyssa Torres was involved at one point too (after she was cut). She might still be, but I'm not sure on that.

I thought I saw her name on the credits but wasn't sure if it was the same girl.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, cashandprizes said:

Because your spot in the entrance is based on your spot in Thunderstruck which is not known until the final cuts are made.

But they could still practice the entrance outside on the practice field. They wouldn't need to know their spot in the formation to do that. It just seems like needless drama for the sake of the show. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Interesting .. thanks for update TXStar.  I really hope she does more than 4 ... for some reason I always thought she was a lifer but she is married and has a different identity / goal than just "DCC".  How old is she? 

If this is her last year, I will be totally bummed and I hope she gets all the accolades she can this year because she deserves it.  Jenn K - if you read these boards, the people have spoken and they love ya kid! 

lol .. I want to live at Whataburger ... is that a real name / place???

yup Whataburger, In 'n' Out, Burgerville all real places. I know that as evidenced by my not being able to fit one leg into both sides of the shorts.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I remember our band director saying it should be 8 to 5 so I count that when they are going across the field-8 steps to 5 yards.  I think they wait till the end to do the entrance where they can be more assured that most of the team is chosen so they have fewer adjustments to make.

I dare say the TCCs have enough on their plate without worrying about the entrance just yet haha. But if it was me, I'd be CONSTANTLY on YouTube watching some of the main dances and the entrance so I'd at least have the movements down a little bit, and it 'in my head'. Wonder how training camp is all going! 

• Love 2

So tasha ate mcdonalds after training camp last night and on holly's snap they were outside waiting for cmt after practice maybe someone got cut?

6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

So tasha ate mcdonalds after training camp last night and on holly's snap they were outside waiting for cmt after practice maybe someone got cut?

Would they really cut someone the second night....?

8 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Would they really cut someone the second night....?

I would be shocked but stranger things have happened.  I feel like they often call people in the first week to give feedback...remember when they called Alex in her second year at TC just to tell her she was doing great? 

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I would be shocked but stranger things have happened.  I feel like they often call people in the first week to give feedback...remember when they called Alex in her second year at TC just to tell her she was doing great? 

Yeah let's hope it's only a few girls that maybe got called in for critique. Kelli and Judy are only there usually once a week so maybe they won't be back until next week so they're letting the girls know what to work on until then!

Can someone remind me of Tashas snapchat please? ? Is Hollys snapchat personal or public too? Can I have that one if possible too please? It's time to give in to my addiction 

4 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Can someone remind me of Tashas snapchat please? ? Is Hollys snapchat personal or public too? Can I have that one if possible too please? It's time to give in to my addiction 

I believe Tasha is Tasha.cruz and Hollys is hpdance

• Love 1

I still can't get over Tasha eating Mcdonalds after practice, girllll you're crazy.

40 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Tasha_smedley

• Love 2
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I wouldn't publicize that.  They are watching and even if her body is amazing I'm sure they frown upon that.  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

I wouldn't publicize that.  They are watching and even if her body is amazing I'm sure they frown upon that.  

I know, I was thinking that if someone saw her snapchat and told Judy and Kelli how unhealthy she was eating then she'd be in trouble...

I can see Jennifer as point and PB.  I can understand her leaving after this year- she will have already achieved it all in 4 years.

Anyone know who the oldest returning DCC is this year?

4 minutes ago, Elizabeth9 said:

Anyone know who the oldest returning DCC is this year?

I kind of feel like it's between Jenn and Danielle.

20 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I know, I was thinking that if someone saw her snapchat and told Judy and Kelli how unhealthy she was eating then she'd be in trouble...

lol maybe...I remember one season though when one of the girls got out of her meeting with K&J it was LATE and the others were waiting for her and they were like, "ok, let's go eat..." and someone else was like "yesss, tacos, finally!" I was so surprised they said that on camera! maybe they were kidding though. 

21 minutes ago, Dopeydwarf said:

Not me. I love Filet o Fish and Big Macs, but only have one or the other about every six months.

A Big Mac is perfection :).   550 calories well worth it once every 3 months or so.   Filet o fish is a lent tradition - haha.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Moxiejan said:

A small McDonald's hamburger (does not have cheese or mayo) is not a bad choice for a cheerleader, especially if a side salad is chosen instead of fries.

She got the whole works, fries and everything lol

7 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

She got the whole works, fries and everything lol

That is so cute. I love it when these skinny girls pretend to eat like normal people. I can just hear Jay's head exploding. Good one Tasha! 

• Love 4