Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I love Emily, her dress is adorable. Danielle's skirt kinda makes her look heavy there.

The way it's all wrinkly in the lower belly, it looks like it's too tight.

• Love 1
Just now, ByTor said:

The way it's all wrinkly in the lower belly, it looks like it's too tight.

Yeah, pencil skirts can be reallyyy cute, but this one was not. I wish I could wear a pencil skirt, but my hips are too big. Damn genetics.

2 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

What about a group leader being point...isn't that normally the case. Like, Jenna, Jessica and Dani are now 2nd year group leaders, along with Jenn K.  

I don't think being a group leader matters 100% of the time. Crystal Trevino was point her third year, and she wasn't a first leader. Not sure if she was even a second leader. Probably not since there were more girls with long tenure around that time. I would assume Erica will be a 2nd this year though.

3 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

I don't think being a group leader matters 100% of the time. Crystal Trevino was point her third year, and she wasn't a first leader. Not sure if she was even a second leader. Probably not since there were more girls with long tenure around that time. I would assume Erica will be a 2nd this year though.

Yea, I was just saying Group leader 1st or 2nd. Good point on Crystal Trevino. Although, I did think she was a leader..oh well. 

1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Yea, I was just saying Group leader 1st or 2nd. Good point on Crystal Trevino. Although, I did think she was a leader..oh well. 

She wasn't a first leader I don't think, but I could be wrong.

Just now, ByTor said:

Calia retweeted the below.  Since it's Mavericks related, I wonder if she's going for DMD?

An "insider" did post that Caila and Kat are both trying for the Mavs, so I'm curious to see if they show up.

13 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

An "insider" did post that Caila and Kat are both trying for the Mavs, so I'm curious to see if they show up.

I hope Calia ... I think she would be great and is a beautiful girl with presence and dance skills!

Kat seems sweet but I can't imagine she has the power and wow of being a Mavs dancer but who knows ... I didn't think Jasmine had the skills or the power and she's dancing for Warriors so ... what do I know

19 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

I hope Calia ... I think she would be great and is a beautiful girl with presence and dance skills!

Kat seems sweet but I can't imagine she has the power and wow of being a Mavs dancer but who knows ... I didn't think Jasmine had the skills or the power and she's dancing for Warriors so ... what do I know

Agree about Jasmine. It's interesting she's made three pro teams while she seems like a weak dancer, but I guess all these teams needs ambassadors. I don't think Kat is a bad dancer, but she's definitely a softer style. I'm hoping she makes it if that's what she wants because she seems like a super sweet lady and a great ambassador. After all, Mavs have taken worse dancers IMO (Schmathryn Schmunn).

I would also love to see Caila make Mavs so I hope she really is trying out!

Brooklyn's dance... I mean, I guess she executed it okay, but the choreography was definitely not complicated.  Looks like something even I could do, and I am in no way a dancer!

I don't understand the fuss over dresses being too short or too plunging or whatever... I mean, look at what they are expected to perform in!

• Love 2
(edited)

As to caila and DMD I've heard it is almost confirmed that she is trying out but that they don't want to take her on the team due to her reputation around Dallas and the industry. Sadly it seems her partying and antics have shot her in the metaphorical foot. Though Dallas is a big city its also a very small world with people knowing someone somehow connected to someone else.

Edited by TXStar35
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TXStar35 said:

As to caila and DMD I've heard it is almost confirmed that she is trying out but that they don't want to take her on the team due to her reputation around Dallas and the industry. Sadly it seems her partying and antics have show her in the metaphorical foot. Though Dallas is a big city its also a very small world with people knowing someone somehow connected to someone else.

That is just so disappointing 

• Love 2

I think Kat is an exceptional dancer--more technically talented than the vast majority of DCC's--she's simply not DCC style. When anyone trains ballet or rhythmic gymnastics from a very young age it is VERY difficult to alter that style to a more powerful style.

In a similar vein I think that a gymnastics background is what did that other girl in--the one who said she was "almost engaged" but then it fell through so she came back to Dallas. She was not a rhythmic gymnast so she didn't have the overly flexible/lacking power problem, but she had trained for years as an artistic gymnast, which emphasizes maintaining a stiff core. And the big critique she got was that she was too stiff and robotic in her movements, which is a very artistic gymnastics style.  It's very difficult to untrain yourself from that.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

As to caila and DMD I've heard it is almost confirmed that she is trying out but that they don't want to take her on the team due to her reputation around Dallas and the industry. Sadly it seems her partying and antics have show her in the metaphorical foot. Though Dallas is a big city its also a very small world with people knowing someone somehow connected to someone else.

I'm thinking she should maybe take a year or two off, get the partying out her system, and hope that the whole situation will blow over lol. I bet the girls, especially the new girls are BEYOND excited! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Dior99 said:

In a similar vein I think that a gymnastics background is what did that other girl in--the one who said she was "almost engaged" but then it fell through so she came back to Dallas. She was not a rhythmic gymnast so she didn't have the overly flexible/lacking power problem, but she had trained for years as an artistic gymnast, which emphasizes maintaining a stiff core. And the big critique she got was that she was too stiff and robotic in her movements, which is a very artistic gymnastics style.  It's very difficult to untrain yourself from that.

Former TCC Ashley Paige?

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Jasmine is good. Very good. Top 95% of pro team dancer good. She just wasn't top 5%, maybe less, DCC perfect. Lately they really are that much better than any other team.

Matter of opinion I guess. To me every time I saw her dance she looked awkward and stuck out to me compared to other girls. I wasn't surprised when she was cut. Not saying I didn't like Jasmine because I did. She seemed like a sweet, genuine person. Just didn't stick out to me as a great dancer.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

Matter of opinion I guess. To me every time I saw her dance she looked awkward and stuck out to me compared to other girls. I wasn't surprised when she was cut. Not saying I didn't like Jasmine because I did. She seemed like a sweet, genuine person. Just didn't stick out to me as a great dancer.

I think we're sort of sting the same thing. She did look 'weaker' than the other DCC, but that weak is still stronger than almost all pro teams. Look at Sydney with the Mavs. She was middle of the pack with DCC dance wise, but probably the best one on the Mavs.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think we're sort of sting the same thing. She did look 'weaker' than the other DCC, but that weak is still stronger than almost all pro teams. Look at Sydney with the Mavs. She was middle of the pack with DCC dance wise, but probably the best one on the Mavs.

Fair enough, that makes sense. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, it looks like the stadium. (Thx for the info, TXStar35) I wonder if VR meeting rooms have been disassembled.

Well, this is where I bow out of this thread till the S11 thread is made and the season begins! (If I sneak back in, don't judge me. :D )

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Tweet from DCC_Erica RE first meeting:  

ETA - Where is that?  I can't tell if it's VR or stadium

Stadium, I wonder who could have known that one ;)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

I'm thinking she should maybe take a year or two off, get the partying out her system, and hope that the whole situation will blow over lol. I bet the girls, especially the new girls are BEYOND excited! 

I really like Caila and I think she's a fantastic dancer. I know that just before DCC she  auditioned to be a WWE Diva and was an a basketball player in high school. I have a feeling she'll be in the public eye sometime  again soon, just maybe not as a dancer on a Dallas team.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Tweet from DCC_Erica RE first meeting:  

ETA - Where is that?  I can't tell if it's VR or stadium

That looks like it's taken outside one of the club levels at the stadium. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

That looks like it's taken outside one of the club levels at the stadium. 

I'm surprised more people haven't posted more pictures yet!

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, KellyAnn3 said:

I really like Caila and I think she's a fantastic dancer. I know that just before DCC she  auditioned to be a WWE Diva and was an a basketball player in high school. I have a feeling she'll be in the public eye sometime  again soon, just maybe not as a dancer on a Dallas team.

WWE Diva??!?! what??? i guess 18 to me seems SO young for that but i'm sure they are fine with that in that world...

Caila to me seems like too much too soon...what happened with her is part of why i think K&J always hesitate a little with the just out of HS girls.  Are they going to be mature enough to handle the 'fame' and opportunities to party, etc.? 

• Love 2
On May 29, 2016 at 8:44 PM, Shan18 said:

Ooooh I agree she looks great as a brunette

I do think she looks really good brunette,  and I think it flatters her more than being a blonde. That said, I just don't think she has the DCC look at all. For instance, even as a brunette and as flattering as that is, she looks very very mousey and plain. But that's still a better look than blonde on her.

16 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Cersten and Jax look like they are in blue but ok lol  

I think Jax is a pretty girl but her face just always looks so much lighter than the rest of her and it's a little jarring.  LOVE Tess' dress!!

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Cersten and Jax look like they are in blue but ok lol  

I think Jax is a pretty girl but her face just always looks so much lighter than the rest of her and it's a little jarring.  LOVE Tess' dress!!

Is it too early to girl crush on Cersten? I can see Kelli or Judy saying she has the full package. I also love the peek-a-boo vibe from Lacey. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, TiaGrace said:

Is it too early to girl crush on Cersten? I can see Kelli or Judy saying she has the full package. 

It is never too early for a girl crush!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

Agree!! Cersten is honestly probably someone we won't see anything of because she's that good lol  

Along with the obvious stuff they show every year, they're doing a lot of stories on returning girls and the girls who have auditioned multiple years who finally made it into TC. As well as girls who are living together and when Melissa R comes back probably her little mentoring lessons.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Along with the obvious stuff they show every year, they're doing a lot of stories on returning girls and the girls who have auditioned multiple years who finally made it into TC. As well as girls who are living together and when Melissa R comes back probably her little mentoring lessons.

ahhhh!!!! i can't wait!!! THAT is the kind of stuff i want to see!! 

• Love 1

On a Cersten note, many people were calling her the "new jacie" because of her power in her solo and dominating the field in the combination. I see them changing her hair a little but besides that she was a "touchdown girl" this year.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

On a Cersten note, many people were calling her the "new jacie" because of her power in her solo and dominating the field in the combination. I see them changing her hair a little but besides that she was a "touchdown girl" this year.

her fanfave video was amazing...she literally looked like a vet in it! 

• Love 1

It will be interesting to see how make overs go this year...looking at the group pic of everyone going to TC, there are several girls who look like someone else...Bess and Tess could be sisters...Heather and Celinda (I don't think either of them are pretty...sorry...they are cute but not DCC beautiful at all, at least at this point)...Jackie and Jessica...Kyndall and Chantel...will they try to change some up if they want to take similar looking girls? or maybe it is just me who thinks they look alike lol 

• Love 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, TXStar35 said:

"touchdown girl" where?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
I just wanted to
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

It will be interesting to see how make overs go this year...looking at the group pic of everyone going to TC, there are several girls who look like someone else...Bess and Tess could be sisters...Heather and Celinda (I don't think either of them are pretty...sorry...they are cute but not DCC beautiful at all, at least at this point)...Jackie and Jessica...Kyndall and Chantel...will they try to change some up if they want to take similar looking girls? or maybe it is just me who thinks they look alike lol 

I saw this immediately. There's more girls that "twin" on the team but I don't know everyone's names. It weird right? It is almost like they wanted this team to blend facially. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I sure would like to where all this "inside info" on "doing a lot of stories on returning girls and girls that have auditioned multiple years" comes from...

"touchdown girl" where?

I don't understand how people think those who are more in the inner workings of the show can just give their name and occupation, etc. (i.e. how they know inside details) LOL Are we really expecting that Kelli's assistants or Cassie or a TC is going to join our group and post a pic of their driver's license or something as proof that they are who they say they are? :)  I kind of like not knowing who the insiders are...it is fun to see if what they say turns out true.  If it doesn't, who cares?  (Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you're wondering.) There were insiders back in the TWoP days too...I remember the username "sock"...she/he always had the scoop on stuff like this but never gave name or how they were involved in the show. mystere et boule de gomme! 

And a touchdown during auditions is someone who gets a 'yes' vote from all the judges.  Ashton was a touchdown girl...I believe Nicole Hamilton was...trying to remember situations where they referred to girls as that during their reviews. 

In other news, looks like the weather down there is pretty bad...lots of flooding? 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Ashley Paige used to be an artistic gymnast?  I didn't know that.   Interesting.

Yes. It's mentioned at some point in the season where she makes it to training camp :-)

I think her instagram is private, but Megan posted a picture of those who got Barbies! Looks like it was her, Jenn, Holly, Amy Nicole, Robin, Lacey, and Claire! Not sure if that means no TCCs got any, or maybe they all didn't take a picture?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sunwave said:

I think her instagram is private, but Megan posted a picture of those who got Barbies! Looks like it was her, Jenn, Holly, Amy Nicole, Robin, Lacey, and Claire! Not sure if that means no TCCs got any, or maybe they all didn't take a picture?

erica didn't???? 

Aw, wish we could see Robin and Claire's, especially Claire since we never get to see her dance! her technique looked amazing. 

1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

Wow, Erica and Melissa didn't get one?

OOo yeah and Melissa...she is always incredible! 

• Love 1