Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Yeah, Kat did have a Twitter that was DCC, then it wasn't, now it is again. And her Instagram also says DCC again. I'm thinking there was a change of mind and she was reinstated...?

Caila is still changed, so's Angela and Holly's. Kelsey's twitter is DCC. I just wondered if it was a glitch.

Edited by Kaedee
10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

They have she who's name we won't use who really can't dance well at all.  

Ah, I forgot all about Kathryn Dunn!  Yes, if they'll accept her, then there's no rhyme or reason to what they're looking for.  Barf.

8 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I am unclear as to what the Mavs like - there seems to be no clear pattern.

They have Syndey who is a master of the DCC style type dancer - wouldn't call her hip hoppy, and I think they have her in the front as though she's one of their best dancers. Very pretty and glamorous.

They have she who's name we won't use who really can't dance well at all.  Also very pretty and glamorous.

They have/had this Hunter girl - seems very hip hop and is more cute than pretty IMO.

They have/had TCC Emily R. who I'd say is a DCC style dancer who is pretty good, but makes mistakes and is sloppy.  Very pretty and glamorous, but it may have been the Mavs that styled her that way.

They rejected Vivian - who is gorgeous and great at the hip hop style.

So do they pick girls based on looks?, dance style?, something else?  Or is it some combo of factors.  Who knows.

I think Kat looks great doing that combo above and she was clearly the strongest dancer in the video by far.  Wouldn't call her glamorous though, she is more "cute" and has a nice personality.  I really hope she makes the team if she tries out either way cause I want her to be happy and I'd like to see her dancing on a team.

I'm curious what's going on w/ her Twitter handle being DCC again.

In reference to the part I bolded -- this really makes me chuckle every time. I think it will never get old.

As for the rest of it, I really have no clue what they look for, but ever since they took the above unmentioned, it has made me think they're not always looking for the best dancers and maybe they look for great ambassadors. Of course they have some great dancers on their team, but they have some that aren't super strong either. Based on that I think Kat has a good chance of making it and I hope she gets it if that's what she wants.

I'll add that I'm not saying I think Kat is a bad dancer. I actually like her dancing. She just obviously is not going to be the most powerful in the room.

1 minute ago, Smplsimon said:

Ah, I forgot all about Kathryn Dunn!  Yes, if they'll accept her, then there's no rhyme or reason to what they're looking for.  Barf.

Better be careful posting KD's name. She'll blast you on Twitter for talking about her. ;)

There's an emotion that I just can't explain if Kat comes back. Not angry, just disappointed? I don't know, she was never my favorite because she didn't have the power, she was too delicate and her solo just proved that she can't dance.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

That is crazy if Kat was really reinstated. But hey... Would definitely be a great plot twist for the show!

I don't think she has been. While the handle is DCC_Kat, it doesn't look like an official DCC Twitter, and it says DCC 2015-2016. It looks like Kat just changed  it to that herself.

Edited by Oranaiche
15 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I am unclear as to what the Mavs like - there seems to be no clear pattern.

They have Syndey who is a master of the DCC style type dancer - wouldn't call her hip hoppy, and I think they have her in the front as though she's one of their best dancers. Very pretty and glamorous.

They have she who's name we won't use who really can't dance well at all.  Also very pretty and glamorous.

They have/had this Hunter girl - seems very hip hop and is more cute than pretty IMO.

They have/had TCC Emily R. who I'd say is a DCC style dancer who is pretty good, but makes mistakes and is sloppy.  Very pretty and glamorous, but it may have been the Mavs that styled her that way.

They rejected Vivian - who is gorgeous and great at the hip hop style.

So do they pick girls based on looks?, dance style?, something else?  Or is it some combo of factors.  Who knows.

I think Kat looks great doing that combo above and she was clearly the strongest dancer in the video by far.  Wouldn't call her glamorous though, she is more "cute" and has a nice personality.  I really hope she makes the team if she tries out either way cause I want her to be happy and I'd like to see her dancing on a team.

I'm curious what's going on w/ her Twitter handle being DCC again.

Vivian might have not made the mavs for more her personality. I think she has a reputation of being very into herself. (Have you seen her Facebook? It's pretty funny). Plus she's thick. I personally think she looks great, but she looks thicker now than she did during dc tc. 

I agree with everyone on kat. I think she's a great dancer but it seems power is her issue, which would make her a terrible fit for the mavs. 

5 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

In reference to the part I bolded -- this really makes me chuckle every time. I think it will never get old.

As for the rest of it, I really have no clue what they look for, but ever since they took the above unmentioned, it has made me think they're not always looking for the best dancers and maybe they look for great ambassadors. Of course they have some great dancers on their team, but they have some that aren't super strong either. Based on that I think Kat has a good chance of making it and I hope she gets it if that's what she wants.

I'll add that I'm not saying I think Kat is a bad dancer. I actually like her dancing. She just obviously is not going to be the most powerful in the room.

Better be careful posting KD's name. She'll blast you on Twitter for talking about her. ;)

Sounds like some funny things happened last year with... Umm that one girl whose name rhymes with shmathryn. 

I mean idk Kelsey's is still DCC but she's the only retired vet that still has it up so idk

Kat's Twitter thing is bizarre. I'm thinking it must be a glitch. Why else would the DCC social media yank the handle right after a girl gets cut, only to allow them to put it back?

The only way I could see a reinstatement for Kat is if there's some kind of situation like those pageant sisters, where they made TC but couldn't meet their obligations, keeping two other girls out of camp.

If she is reinstated, then I guess all the delay over choosing the TC candidates probably involved discussion over Kat. Honestly, though, if I got cut at auditions as a veteran, then asked to come back, I wouldn't. But that's just me.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Shan18 said:

Vivian might have not made the mavs for more her personality. I think she has a reputation of being very into herself. (Have you seen her Facebook? It's pretty funny). Plus she's thick. I personally think she looks great, but she looks thicker now than she did during dc tc. 

I agree with everyone on kat. I think she's a great dancer but it seems power is her issue, which would make her a terrible fit for the mavs. 

Sounds like some funny things happened last year with... Umm that one girl whose name rhymes with shmathryn. 

Haha yes. I don't want to get too off topic but it should be several pages back on the rejected thread, and a few months back on her Twitter if she even still has those tweets up.

2 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Kat's Twitter thing is bizarre. I'm thinking it must be a glitch. Why else would the DCC social media yank the handle right after a girl gets cut, only to allow them to put it back?

The only way I could see a reinstatement for Kat is if there's some kind of situation like those pageant sisters, where they made TC but couldn't meet their obligations, keeping two other girls out of camp.

If she is reinstated, then I guess all the delay over choosing the TC candidates probably involved discussion over Kat. Honestly, though, if I got cut at auditions as a veteran, then asked to come back, I wouldn't. But that's just me.

Don't you know that these girls live their lives just to be a DCC? lol most of them would gladly jump at the chance to come back because they have no other option.

I think it has to be a glitch.  I am pretty sure they do not allow the girls to keep DCC_(name) even if there is no one else on the squad with that name.  Courtney Danielle and Courtney Cook keep DCC in their names on IG but you will notice NOT on twitter (ie Courtney Cook is curly courtney 1 or something).  I absolutely cannot fathom K&J changing their mind about her after the fact...I am trying to imagine a scenario where they would be willing to admit they were wrong.  It's not like they'd go, oh wow, the fans are so sad...they all love Kat...maybe we should reconsider. Caila got more likes and comments on her goodbye so...I dunno.  Very odd though!! 

• Love 1

I guess if Kat really wanted the Twitter handle back, she simply could've just changed it herself. It's not like the DCC organization could tell her otherwise. 

We all saw how DCC_Hunter was taken as a real account. 

Maybe one of the rookie TCCs dropped out and they asked Kat back?

8 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

I guess if Kat really wanted the Twitter handle back, she simply could've just changed it herself. It's not like the DCC organization could tell her otherwise. 

She can't do that. Twitter owns all handles and I'm assuming the Cowboys have an agreement with them to control any DCC_*** name. 

I think Kat changed it herself. Her old one had a small 'k' DCC_kat and now it is DCC_Kat. 

The link to her old 'official' one that doesn't work is on her instagram.

I think I would have dumped the dcc if it were me and started afresh.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Maybe one of the rookie TCCs dropped out and they asked Kat back?

She can't do that. Twitter owns all handles and I'm assuming the Cowboys have an agreement with them to control any DCC_*** name. 

I would agree with this except there IS a DCC_Hunter handle...

If it was a rookie drop out, that would mean she scored so low that she was below all those billion rookie TCC they took - like below Auto Amy!  I'd love to have her back, but dang - that's insulting ;).

• Love 1

*having said that I have no idea if a capital letter makes a difference, it was just something I noticed.

I don't use twitter so it could easily be a glitch and I am comletely wrong lol!

(edited)

I would agree with this except there IS a DCC_Hunter handle...

There are several other "DCC_" handles. I'm sure the Cowboys own the ones they create using the girls' names, but they can't reserve everything that starts with DCC_. That is, unless they paid Twitter a hell of a lot of money, and I can't see Charlotte doing that. But if you reserved say, DCC_Madeline right now, I wonder what would happen if Madeline made the team. My guess is they'd just use DCC_MadelineM. But it makes me want to take all of the twitter handles for everyone in training camp and see what happens.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 4

But if the first sign that they were cut is that their Twitter handle goes back to something else, obviously someone in the DCC social media department is controlling the twitters.  Like it's their top priority to get that DCC off of that person's Twitter.  Can't see them taking it away like that while they are still in the process of finding out they've been cut, and giving it back to them a few days later.

(edited)

DCC doesn't have any agreement with Twitter. 

Check out DCC_Kelli and DCC_Amanda. They work at a random marketing agency called DCC Marketing. That would suck if anyone named Kelli or Amanda made the team

Edited by Bailey3606
4 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Check out DCC_Kelli and DCC_Amanda. They work at a random marketing agency called DCC Marketing. That would suck if anyone named Kelli or Amanda made the team

we shall maybe find out if Kelli Quinn makes the squad! 

• Love 3

Kelli Quinn's face always looks a shade lighter than her body and that annoys me to no end lol

12 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

You're correct, and I was misunderstanding the Twitter trademark policy. It sounds like if someone has a legitimate claim to a name and isn't posing as someone who holds a trademark, you can keep the handle. 

https://support.twitter.com/articles/18367

I seriously doubt Kat was brought back. If she was still a DCC cheerleader, her twitter page would have Official Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders twitter account on her page. Plus the fact, she is going with @Kat Rogers. The current DCCs do not use their last name. They will go by their first name or first name and middle name. If a girl decides to leave before TC starts, they will go with the number of girls already brought into TC.

(edited)

When you search for dcc kat it doesn't come up like it would if she was a dcc, when I search dcc the ones that come up are the ones that I follow and I follow her so idk she must have changed it herself which is DESPERATE.

Now when I look it says it doesn't exist and I can't find her under her old handle so idk if she deleted?

Edited by heatherrrrz

For the powers at be to take away Twitter handles the minute girls are cut, I really don't understand why they don't have the rights to them. I also don't understand why they would create one for Hunter (or anyone else) when they haven't even made TC.

Cool solo! Amy L is one of my favorite rookies.

I'm really curious to see how Amy L managed to change from tap to jazz shoes in the middle of a 90 second solo. (it is 90 seconds right? I just realized I don't know.)

6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think she's asking why she can't see the clip...and I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that :-/ Maybe an update needed on your computer? flash or something? 

I'm having the same issue in Chrome on Win10. It's a bummer because I can't see Megan's twitter rant, lol.

• Love 1

So...

I can't figure out something out and it is confusing me. Does Michelle Keys work for Kitty Carter? I'm wondering why Michelle's classes usually say Kitty Carter's Dance Factory on Instagram. Then I see some messages on Michelle's IG referring to Hunter Blackwell as her assistant. Does that mean Hunter works for Michelle? Does Hunter teach Michelle Keys choreography to students? It seems like the game six degrees of separation. It seems it all leads back to Kitty Carter and DDC. 

Any insight from those in the know would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

So...

I can't figure out something out and it is confusing me. Does Michelle Keys work for Kitty Carter? I'm wondering why Michelle's classes usually say Kitty Carter's Dance Factory on Instagram. Then I see some messages on Michelle's IG referring to Hunter Blackwell as her assistant. Does that mean Hunter works for Michelle? Does Hunter teach Michelle Keys choreography to students? It seems like the game six degrees of separation. It seems it all leads back to Kitty Carter and DDC. 

Someone posted a while back that Michelle rents studio space from Kitty, but I don't think she actually works for her. As for Hunter working for Michelle, I have no idea. I think that Grace Sells works with Michelle though.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

So...

From what I've read on here, I think Michelle hires the studio from Kitty, and Michelle and Hunter work with each other. I'm not from Dallas but yeah I think most stuff there does all eventually lead back to the DCC. 

• Love 1

Kitty and Michele actually have a long relationship. I don't know everything, but after Mavs, kitty actually recruited Michelle for DCC. Kitty is getting older and also realising she's becoming a better consultant/recruiter for DCC. Michelle offers a power/hip hop style. So I think they both thought of the idea for Michelle's "power class". obviously some of Michelle's class profits do go to kitty because it's at her space. It's really none of our business if she works for kitty or not-kitty is getting a cut regardless and that's just business. Now when michelle says "assisted" by hunter or grace or Paige, yes they help teach or teach 100% of the time. Michelle likes to challenge people every week. Sometimes super hip hopy like panda or a little jazzy like when Mikey assists. It just depends on the week. 

Kittys teaching style is more more of a technique class- stretching, across the floor brain teasers, and since its DCC prep, she'll throw in Cowboys trivia and freestyle. At the end she teaches a super fast jazzy combo. 

Michelle just offers something different than what kitty has had the last ten years. It's nice to mix the two main styles of DCC together.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Is Michelle the person who (I think last year) came in and taught a dance with foot movement that Kellie said would not work in the DCC boots and it had to be modified for that?  I think she had some pants on that were speckled colored.  She got into the girls' faces and tried to affect their dancing?   The piece was very unDCC like and some of the girls just couldn't get it.  It might have been in 2014.  I'm just trying to place her.

"Kittys teaching style is more more of a technique class- stretching, across the floor brain teasers, and since its DCC prep, she'll throw in Cowboys trivia and freestyle. At the end she teaches a super fast jazzy combo. 

Michelle just offers something different than what kitty has had the last ten years. It's nice to mix the two main styles of DCC together."

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:
6 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Is Michelle the person who (I think last year) came in and taught a dance with foot movement that Kellie said would not work in the DCC boots and it had to be modified for that?  I think she had some pants on that were speckled colored.  She got into the girls' faces and tried to affect their dancing?   The piece was very unDCC like and some of the girls just couldn't get it.  It might have been in 2014.  I'm just trying to place her.

"Kittys teaching style is more more of a technique class- stretching, across the floor brain teasers, and since its DCC prep, she'll throw in Cowboys trivia and freestyle. At the end she teaches a super fast jazzy combo. 

Michelle just offers something different than what kitty has had the last ten years. It's nice to mix the two main styles of DCC together."

The instructor who did the rond de jambe and Kelli said the girls would trip that up in boots was last year, and it was Stephanie Dibease-Wheat (cannot spell her last name LOL); her style is actually a bit more DCC-ish, most of them go to her prep classes too.   The one who got into their faces to affect their dancing and did a super different type of choreography was Bree Hafin, also last year, so I can see why those might run together! 

44 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Agreed, she's like a different girl! She looks like she has matured a lot and has nore of an understanding of how to dance DCC style. 

I really like her!

Wow, I hadn't gone back to look at her previous video...thanks for reposting! She does look so different - she barely smiled last year, just made weird facials. Whether some people now still think she doesn't have the look, etc. I don't think you can deny she HAS worked really hard this year to improve the things they mentioned. She isn't so jerky, the smiling, etc.  Go Madeline!! 

• Love 3

Madeline does look at lot closer to the DCC style in this year's video compared to last.  I still think she's a little too swag-gy and hip hop for them, but she certainly has gotten closer and may be able to get to where she needs to be in TC.

Madeline is a really good dancer - she was last season too, as you can see last year her turn and kick had great technique and flexibility, so it's not really and issue of her needing to improve - it's just a style thing.   Like if she dances that hip hop/swag in a group of girls doing DCC style she'll be a distraction.   Almost the same as what others say about Kat not being powerful enough - it's not that these people can't dance or are doing something "wrong", it's that they just have a specific style that isn't going to match the group.

That type of thing is hard to fix cause usually the person has been dancing w/ their style their entire lives, but it looks like Madeline is making progress, so good for her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Wow, I hadn't gone back to look at her previous video...thanks for reposting! She does look so different - she barely smiled last year, just made weird facials. Whether some people now still think she doesn't have the look, etc. I don't think you can deny she HAS worked really hard this year to improve the things they mentioned. She isn't so jerky, the smiling, etc.  Go Madeline!! 

So agree with this.

I was shocked at what Neil McCoy said at auditions last year that Madeline's look was not fixable by a makeover. Come on, he basically said she was ugly on National TV! I thought that comment was very below the belt. I, personally, would not be able to come back from that. 

Yet Madeline showed how beautiful she really is. She took their critiques and has made big chances in dance, looks and hair. I have always seen Madeline as the sweet girl next door looks-wise. I respect her ability to go back and try again after such rough treatment. Gooooooo Madeline!!! 

• Love 8

I got the impression that Neal McCoy really liked Madeline (he was shown cheering "yeah Madeline!" about her solo) - I thought it was the other judges that were saying they didn't like her face/look and he was just pointing out that a makeover wouldn't change her face, and then Kelli said "I'm glad you said that Neal cause I wouldn't want it to" (meaning that Kelli though her face was fine).  And I actually think Neal was right cause the makeover really didn't change her much and I personally don't see how she looks that much different now than last year.  She has lighter, shorter hair, and her eye brows are thicker, yes, but she still looks very much like a "regular girl" and when you compare her look to some of the other girls (for example Amy T, Tasha, Emilly R., Danielle, etc.) she's certainly not a head-turner.  Her body looks very young as well - like a teenager as opposed to a woman.

I think Madeline and Kyndell have a similar "regular girl w/ natural brown hair who is cute" look, and my prediction is that the DCC will take one of them, but not both.  Madeline is a much better dancer when it comes to picking up new choreo and technique, but doesn't quite have the DCC style, Kyndell makes mistakes and lacks power, but she seems like she'd blend more dance-wise w/ other DCCs.   We shall see what happens.  If they both get one of the only 12-13-ish rookie spots available, I will be very suprised.

• Love 1
(edited)

Kelli's reply to Neal was actually, "I'm glad you said that Neal, because I wouldn't," followed by laughter, which to me more sounds like she didn't actually want to voice that they can't change Madeline's face. Just my take on it. Regardless of all that I think Madeline's look is a lot better this year, and her style has improved, so I hope she goes all the way.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Kelli's reply to Neal was actually, "I'm glad you said that Neal, because I wouldn't," followed by laughter, which to me more sounds like she didn't actually want to voice that they can't change Madeline's face. Just my take on it. Regardless of all that I think Madeline's look is a lot better this year, and her style has improved, so I hope she goes all the way.

Same.  I agree with MyFavShows that Neal really liked Madeline, but I took it that he was saying she'd need more than one makeover trip to get the DCC look. Her hair was SO dark and her eyebrows were like, gone.  That kind of thing takes a while to improve and I think she has done wonderfully! her make up is pretty and her hair looks great. She was blonde for a while this past year and yuck, it looked bad.  I think she is wise to keep it brown just not goth. 

I didn't mind Kyndall last year but I hope that if it comes down to picking just one more curly girl for the team it's Madeline. Kyndall to me looks like Chantel's TWIN.  Maddie is different enough that I dont think they'd confuse her with Chantel. 

• Love 5